Exclusive

Exclusive LOL Bones Video: Booth Outsmarts Brennan with a Tale of a Fateful Trip

Bones Season 8 Spoilers VideoJust in time for Valentine’s Day, we present you with what could very well be the most charming-funny-adorable Booth and Brennan scene ever.

In the following exclusive clip from Monday’s Bones (Fox/8/7c), the domesticated lovebirds are going through their normal morning routine when Brennan decides to offer Booth some assistance with his crossword puzzle.

PHOTOS | 25 TV Couples We Miss

Of course, all she really succeeds in doing is illustrating how much smarter she is than her spouse. However, the tables turn when the category turns to pop culture — aka Brennan’s Achilles’ heel.

Press PLAY below and watch the borderline-perfect moment unfold.

1. English says:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha this just made my day!!!

2. Gina says:

Adorable!! They just seem extra flirty!!!

3. Amy says:

Im still trying to figure out why Booth/Boreanaz the huge Philadelphia Flyers fan has a framed arch-rival Pittsburgh Penguins Mario Lemieux jersey in the house. It’s been bugging me since Fox posted pictures of the B&B house last year.

4. Lisa says:

As cute as this was-and I did really like it-it’s time for Brennan to stop making the money comments. That’s not funny and it’s really getting old.

• MJO says:

I agree with you 100%. I would imagine it feels like at dig to Booth everytime she does it too

• gina says:

I think maybe you guys made that little comment more than it was. I don’t think it was about money at all or a dig at Booth. They were being fun and Booth even got the last laugh. It wasn’t a big deal at all. they were trying to one up each other. LOL

5. Alexandra says:

They are so cute together!!! B&B

6. Patricia says:

Aww i LOve it!!B&B so cute together!!

7. Lovell says:

Booth and Brennan are just flawless in their cuteness!

8. Rain says:

Thank You! I just adore watching these two work their flirty magic!!!

9. Andi says:

Haaaaaa!!………. Pinky stumps the Brain!!!……… I do love it when Booth gets one over Brennan in such a cute way too.

10. Micha says:

Lmao. They are the best. And go Booth outsmarting her, love it, so much fun!

11. Savannah says:

Haha Very cute. HH and Co. Are doing it right with B&B. They still have that zing.

12. Riva says:

Srly. Booth and Brennan could just do a whole ep of them just flirting and bantering and I would watch it, several times over…they are perfect.

13. LostinaCastle says:

LOL I love how she was so stumped at the idea of an island in Hollywood that she didn’t even bother to refute the possibility of making a bomb from coconuts. Score one for Booth!

14. Bridget says:

Loved it!! Too funny! LOL Thanks for the clip.

15. Liz says:

I don’t know, it’s like they’re arguing all the time now, it was only fun at the end, but they didn’t seem all that happy…

• Lisa.B. says:

Oh, c’mon that wasn’t arguing that was bantering. It’s their thing. Relax…..IMO. And they don’t argue all the time. Two eps in S8, both times for different but valid reasons. It’s realistic to do so. Relationships aint all rainbows and unicorns ;)

• Amber says:

Well said. It’s just flirty banter. :) it’s adorable too.

16. Lisa says:

Ummmmm, they are not married. Article says “spouse”??

17. Lois says:

They are adorable together. They so effortlessly make the best team on TV today. It holds more and more true as the seasons go on that they complement each other. I love it when he teases her and she doesn’t get it. Monday looks like fun……Brennan’s going to be challenged I believe!

18. mattie says:

This is why I love them. They funny and cute together and they bring out the best in each other.

19. Will says:

Booth has been demonstrating an increasing amount of frustration with Brennan that is beginning to hint at a breakup to me. After last episode, and then with him getting so frustrated so quickly here, it doesn’t seem as if Booth is actually enjoying any of his normal everyday conversations with Brennan.

It’s the reason I was never a fan of this couple – Booth likes to be a man in charge but Brennan is overall smarter and has more control in the relationship both business-wise and romantically, and the entire dynamic seems to be Booth trying to drag Brennan down to his level. It worked as a partnership, but in this case, “opposites attract” seems to not be working for them. I don’t see affection from Booth towards Brennan more than I see him simply tolerating her for the sake of his moral values toward the relationship and their kid. They don’t actually have enough in common to work romantically so the writers gave them a kid that ties them together. It bugs me that I just don’t see the attraction at all.

• Mia says:

I could not DISAGREE with you more. I think we are watching two different shows….Booth loves and adores Brennan but he isn’t whipped unlike so many other men on tv… He stands his ground when needed. The last ep of Bones, Booth’s love shone brightly, as did Brennan’s. THEIR love was papable….And if you can’t see that then I am sorry. Jmho

• Hoosierdaddy says:

Are we even watching the same show? This was bickering, something they’ve done since they met and will continue to do for the next 30, 40, or 50 years.

• Shelly says:

AND Booth had reason to be frustrated in the last ep with Brennan, imo. She is a control freak with Christine’s upbringing. She shoots down any idea that Booth has for her: the carousel, going to the zoo, getting a dog, going on a vacation, yet she can take Christine on a trip to a museum? Well if the baby wouldn’t remember a vacation at 14mths, she certainly wouldn’t remember a museum trip at 6 mths old. Brennan Logic Fail…. C’mon. I love them both but she isn’t faultless….and I am glad she did realized by her “mom” dreams that she did have to lighten up with her life, be a little more carefree as Booth’s partner and Christine’s mom

• Rach says:

I’m with you, Will. Booth was clearly irritated and all but rolled his eyes at Brennan. The only time he seemed happy was when she didn’t know about Gilligan’s Island and got to rub it in. I didn’t see anything funny or adorable about this scene. It’s like SN has a hard on for wanting to tear Brennan down and have all of the other characters put her in her place.

• Liz says:

I agree as well, I don’t see the love anymore, they’re just frustrating each other, that’s all… And that’s sad.

• Jillian says:

You haven’t watched last weeks episode because there was so much love there. He spent almost the whole episode with her at the hopsital by her side and then at the end, they made out in the hospital bed. All couples will argue and bicker. They won’t ever be sunshine and rainbows.

• Deb says:

Wow you know what I thought I was watching Bones on Monday and saw Booth beside himself when Brennan was shot, with Brennan telling him it was he who kept bringing her back and reassuring him not to be so worried. I swear I saw Booth telling the suspect that he had tried to murder the woman he loved. Guess not….. oh wait I was watching Bones, just a completely different one to you. I know opinions can vary but sheesh!!

• Meagan says:

WOW I THINK EVERYONE DISAGREES WITH YOU IF DR.SWEETS WERE REAL I’M SURE HE WOULD AGREE THAT THIS WAS NOTHING BUT THEIR EVERYDAY THING TO AGREE TO DISAGREE YOU REALLY SHOULD JUST STOP WATCHING THE SHOW IF YOU DON’T LIKE THEIR RELATIONSHIP BECAUSE IT WILL LAST FOREVER!!!! N MY EYES!!!

20. Elle says:

These two are adorable, which of course extends to the acting of Emily and David. I love that there is a normalcy in the writing for this couple. Booth loves Brennan despite …

21. Michael, you are one of my very favorite interviewers and writers! Brennan and Booth have so many charming-funny-adorable Booth and Brennan scenes – it is a true challenge to say which is the absolute top of that list. What I love most is the normalcy these guys put into their episodes. Regular every-day-love! The stuff true romance is made of. And they do it with subtle panache and perfect timing! XXOO to the #BOnes Crew!

22. Kay says:

Adorable scene, so love this couple, through the years I have laughed and cried with them, sometimes wanted to throw my shoes at the tv but it is the most real relationship portrayed on tv. I may get frustrated at the writers trying to throw other cast at us, divert my attention from the center of the show, Brennan and Booth, but keep coming back and will do so till the end…… in season 20.

23. Kat says:

Awesome scene. Can’t wait for Monday.

24. Kyle says:

I just adore B&B. They have such great qualities as a couple and as parents. No relationship goes without some bantering but in the end there love for each other and family still rises above it all and shines as bright as ever. And the love and closeness the entire cast has for each other is so refreshing. They are just like 1big happy loving family. More people in the real world could learn alot from this show. Imagine if more people cared for family and friends like the cast of Bones does. It wld help make our world a happier loving place to live and set a great example for our children. Back to basics family and friends. So important and now days so forgotten!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. AngelMoon Girl says:

They are so cute XD And this right here is why I love the show so much. I love their very different personalities, come together under one roof!

26. Emma says:

I have the Gillian’s Island theme song stuck in my head now.

27. Bob says:

Spouse? Michael, Michael, Michael. So who ghost wrote this article? You would never make that mistake.

28. Mar says:

A spouse is a partner in a marriage, civil union, domestic partnership or common-law marriage. The term is gender neutral, whereas a male spouse is a husband and a female spouse is a wife. Therefore the term may be used in both opposite-sex relationships and same-sex relationships. Although a spouse is a form of significant other, the latter term also includes non-marital partners who play a social role similar to that of a spouse, but do not have rights and duties deserved by law to a spouse.

29. BonesForever says:

I join the majority of this crowd and and thought the bantering was totally cute and fun. Crossword puzzle working is a competitive sport, don’t you know! My folks always sparred over getting the answers, though my mom was more like a combo of Brennan and Booth, quick to pick it up and tenacious in figuring the answers out (and quick to get them too!). But it was just keen competition, not a fight. Booth was certainly a man devoted to his love last week, so saying they are resentful and angry here and that the bloom is off the rose, is way exaggerating and misreading the banter. And they have done that since the very first episode. People in relationships do fuss too–we’re not talking walking saints here–but people! I love that they are not syrupy like so many TV couple relationships, but still deeply loving. Brennan was so funny not knowing Gilligan’s Island and figuring she just needed to consult a map, and Booth played that angle to the hilt.

30. Meagan says:

Its funny u would think Booth was going to hold a grudge then since he knew the answer and Bones didn’t he felt his pride coming back….very cute scene !!

31. Chris says:

Who the heck are these idiots and why are they clogging up my internets?