Claire Holt Joins Vampire Diaries Spin-Off

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

THE VAMPIRE DIARIESAnother member of the family has joined The Vampire Diaries‘ potential spin-off, The Originals.

Claire Holt will appear as Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah’s (Daniel Gillies) vampire sister Rebekah in the CW project, per Deadline.

RELATED | The CW Orders Early Renewals for Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Arrow

Also co-starring in the planted pilot, airing as an episode of Vampire Diaries on April 25, are Phoebe Tonkin (as werewolf Hayley), Daniella Pineda and Danielle Campbell (as witches Sophie and Davina, respectively), and Leah Pipes (as a human psychology student).

In the hour, penned by executive producer Julie Plec, Klaus returns to the French Quarter of New Orleans, a supernatural melting pot he helped build centuries before. He is reunited with his diabolical former protégé Marcel (played by The Game‘s Charles Michael Davis). Meanwhile, Elijah — intent on helping his self-destructive brother find redemption — finds he must side with Marcel’s enemies to keep Klaus in line.

Comments (68)

• yay! :)

Comment by Elyse – February 13, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um I think demon n Elena are perfect Demon is there for Elena Stephen isn’t there for I don’t think so but Demon don’t like Elena he like Rebekha cause he said to Stephen I think u and Elena a perfect we should switch .

Comment by Nakiyah – February 18, 2013 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yay way

Comment by Nakiyah – February 18, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I figured as much. I was hoping between her, Klaus, and Elijah they would have left one of them on the mother ship.

Comment by George – February 13, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too and I was hoping that one would be Rebekah. Very conflicted about this.

Comment by dude – February 14, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This spin-off is becoming must-watch TV. Although… it sounds Angel-esque, but hoping being on NOLA will bring it’s own crazy… and no evil lawyers.

Comment by Isaac – February 13, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not at all…Angel was only a psycho murder when he didn’t have a soul. Angel was a story of redemption and growth…Klaus is a petulant child…I’d love this show if he wasn’t in it…but since it’s centering on him, I’m probably not tuning in…which sucks since I love Rekeka and Elijah…they’re great and complex…but Klaus is just…not

Comment by Josh – February 13, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And no I don’t think Klaus is redeemable…The reason why Angel was forgiven(and he never forgave himself and a lot of characters still didn’t forgive) was because he didn’t have a soul…this show’s vampire “badness” is so murky…Klaus is a mass murderer and a whiny brat…I just can’t root for him.

Comment by Josh – February 13, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Don’t forget Spike didn’t have a soul, was a bad guy (like Klaus) and fought for one and eventualy got redemption. So it can be done. And also I fon’t count Angels redemption cause a soul was forced on him and without it he wouldn’t have wanted redeeming.

Comment by Scoots – February 14, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good! Not a big fan of the Hayley character being in there, but we’ll see how it goes!

Comment by Babybop – February 13, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hayley is about the only oddball in that lineup, but i’m willing to give it a shot too.

Comment by lll – February 13, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the only thing i can think about hayley and Rebekah is an H20 REUNIONI!!!!!! I’ so excitedd!!! but i wanted STEBEKAH! :(

Comment by luli – February 13, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this would all be perfect if it was not for the so talked new love interest “Camille” for Klaus or even worse, the so criticised love triangle between Klaus/Camille/Elijah. What about Klaroline? Why are they still being developped then? .. and why would they get an Elena 2.0 for the spinoff when they know everybody is sick and tired of main love triangles? plus, it’d just be so ooc of Klaus… I don’t even know… (This is just based on everything I read about the spinoff so far, I know this is just about Claire joining in, and I’m very happy about that part!)

Comment by Rita Giro (@RitaGiro) – February 13, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sorry, but commenters who insist on using ridiculous couple nicknames (Klaroline) to describe two TV characters, really don’t deserve to be taken seriously.

Comment by JC – February 13, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed! It’s just another example of our lazy as F*ck society. That and shortening names (Jlaw, kstew and on and on….) so very obnoxious.

Comment by jdurbs – February 13, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think Jennifer Lopez is to blame for both. She started it all by going by J.Lo and then the combination name started with her and Ben Affleck being called Bennifer.

Comment by Mikael – February 15, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Names that are combined are called ships e.g Klaroline, Delena, Stebekah etc. It’s NOT society being lazy, its a part of TV fan culture.

Comment by Ness – February 15, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Too true haha

Comment by Josh – February 13, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who’s taking any of this seriously? We’re talking about a potential teevee spinoff of a show about vampires, witches and werewolves. NONE of this should be taken seriously (and is not even intended to be). Thanks for your concern, though.

Comment by RandAybarra – April 29, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m having mixed emotions about these announcements for the Originals. I’ll be sad to see the characters gone from TVD (though I hope for some guest appearances!).

It also narrows down the field of people getting killed off!

Comment by Joy – February 13, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dittoo! I like Rebekah on the vampire diaries, she is the reason i still watch!

Comment by luli – February 13, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You just need to change your way of thinking about it. Instead of loosing Rebekah from TVD, think of it as Rebekah getting more screen time and better story arc that don’t get her daggered.

Comment by Rib – February 13, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love claire and i am so so happy for her. rip my ships mabekah & stebekah

Comment by riley – February 13, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m starting to think that I’ll like the spin off more than the original series…

Comment by Jazoey (@jazoey) – February 13, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly…why should I continue watching VD? All of the best characters and plots will disappear. I think Elena is one of the most annoying characters on the show, so why would I stick around to watch her continue to whine? Caroline is hands down my favorite character, but she and Tyler are stale. Hopefully they come up with something interesting for Caroline to do, so I will want to continue watching.

Comment by Melissa – February 14, 2013 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally agree about Elena being whiny, self absorbed and annoying but the only one worse than her is Caroline. She is always meddling in everyone’s business and making drama.

Comment by Bella – February 16, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only way the spin-off will work is if Klaus and Rebekah are regulars – they’re amazing, and they steal every scene they’re on on Vampire Diaries.

Comment by Dave – February 13, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup totally agree with that… And Elijah… He also makes the episodes that he is in…

Comment by Shuayb. – February 14, 2013 12:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally agree, klaus and rebekah was the best thing on tvd tthe way thy love and hate

Comment by baby – February 14, 2013 02:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very true. I love those two (Klaus and Rebekah). Rebekah does a great job wearing her heart on her sleeve and Klaus is great at being bad, yet wanting everyone to love/like him. Isn’t that something? The two badasses om the shpw just want to be loved. Anyway, they do steal the show.

Comment by Nicole – February 24, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rebekahs my favorite Orginal so I’m thrilled to finally hear this, I’ve been hoping for and waiting for this for weeks.

Comment by Brandy – February 13, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooo! Can’t she stay on TVD instead? I like her much better on that. I want my Stebekah, and Mabekah ship to set sail and that can’t happen with her on The Originals. Can we send Elena away instead, please?

Comment by michelle – February 13, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too!!! she is the only reason i still watch the show!

Comment by luli – February 13, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, I’m officially sad because I hate Klaus and now I definitely have to watch it because I love Rebekah and I love Elijah. I really wanted Rebekah to stay on the main show. :(

Comment by Lois – February 13, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wanted her to replace Elena :(…Oh well here is hoping Katherine comes in, kills her and takes her place.

Comment by Josh – February 13, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly the spin-off is shaping out to be more interesting then TVD. Now, if we can get Candice to jump over, we would be set.

Comment by blanket – February 13, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its says APPEAR…It syas nothing about being a series regular. There is hope for her to stay on TVD!

Comment by ggny – February 13, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rebekah is my favorite on the show. I wish she was staying on TVD, but I will take 22 episodes of her on the new show over her getting staked 4 times a season on TVD. The bad part is the Originals are what make the show great. Now if Fox would just go ahead and do the Glee spin off.

Comment by Randy – February 13, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really liking this show, Hayley is the only one that doesn’t really make sense but I like that actress. Now someone mentioned a triangle between Klaus/Camille/ Elija please tell me there not doing that nobody needs Elena 2.0

Comment by Patricia – February 13, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It says “appear” But I hope she’s a regular! she’s my favourite VD character. It’s nice to see Claire Holt and Phoebe Tonkin work together :D

Comment by Kaycee – February 13, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • im guessing she isnt leaving TVD. They need a love interest for Stefan

Comment by ggny – February 13, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rebekah is my favorite character on TVD so i hope she stays on the original show and not the spinoff , she is the reason I still watch the show. Nut i’m glad for Claire Holt she deserves it! Also…. H20 REUNiOONNN!

Comment by luli – February 13, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Katherine and Caroline into this and I’d easily jump ship.

Comment by kavyn – February 13, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d rather see Caroline go to the spin-off, and keep Rebekah on VD.

Comment by Sg. Grant – February 13, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rebekah is the ONLY reason why I’ve been watching TVD lately. Not a huge fan of the show but love Claire Holt. I might just have to give The Originals a chance.

Comment by Jared – February 13, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess she isn’t getting the cure….

Comment by Russ – February 13, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She should really stay on TVD. It makes no sense to me to bring in all these character’s, make them series regulars, then take them all out.

I get that they want this spin-off to be a success but there is a chance that this may ruin the original show.

Comment by Erin – February 13, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Claire Holt isn’t a series regular on TVD she is listed as guest star.

Comment by Russ – February 13, 2013 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The originals are the best part of TVD, it’s going to be hard to watch without them especially Rebekah. But on the other hand, I hope it does well, cause stories focusing more on them could be interesting.

Comment by Tee – February 13, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch. Great cast so far. My only concern is, will all these people be leaving The Vampire Diaries?

Comment by YowzaPowza – February 13, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yayyy no reason to watch TVD anymore!!

Comment by cars12 – February 13, 2013 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good. I really hope it happens. As much as I like all the originals I hope they get this spin off and all leave TVD. It be nice to see something new for a change on TVD cause the original’s have ran their course imo..

Comment by S – February 13, 2013 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to miss Rebekah. I was loving her & Stefan. She was the best thing to happen to him in years. I’ve loved the character development Stefan has had over the past few episodes & that was all due to Rebekah. Now that’s going to all be a waste the minute she leaves town and I’m afraid they’re going to have him go back to pining for Elena which I will HATE! I wish Stefan could go with them!

Comment by wednesday – February 14, 2013 12:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, honestly I’m kind of hoping Stefan/Caroline happen now. Anything to avoid him crawling back to Elena.

Comment by dude – February 14, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With this news it means that the death on tonights show will either be Jeremy ( thus eliminating the last human on the show, matt doesn’t count) or Bonnie ( this would be a mercy kill because she is just a plot device )

Comment by Shuayb. – February 14, 2013 12:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jeremy is just a plot device this season too.

Comment by dude – February 14, 2013 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, this is true, but Bonnie’s been a plot device for nearly the show’s entire run, trotted out of late to fix any situation when there looks to be no solution. She’s basically functions as the show’s deux ex machina and it’s officially gotten tiresome.

Comment by ChrisGa – February 16, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So basically TVD will be back to just being about the love triangle…
    which isn’t the reason why i watch this show

Comment by Summer – February 14, 2013 04:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is really a mixed bag. One one hand, I’m really excited to see Claire Holt lead a drama, she’s deserves to be the star of her own show and knowing that lead character is Rebekah is so awesome because she’s my favourite TV character. That said, I really feel like she belongs on TVD. I wanted to see her and Stefan properly explored and I wanted her to become a bigger part of the Vampire Diaries universe.

Comment by dude – February 14, 2013 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • am so excited for the originals hope it gets pick up no more tvd for me

Comment by luvi – February 14, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news now Claire can be as big and popular as Phoebe is about damn time

Comment by Michael – February 14, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Rebekah leaves TVD and goes to The Originals full-time, I could see TVD expanding the Stefan/Caroline friendship into romance. I would be on board with that. They really need to shift focus from Elena. Caroline and Bonnie are much better. It’s not Nina Dobrev’s fault, because Katherine is awesome. The writers have just made Elena awful.

Comment by Mikael – February 15, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Claire Holt–and of course Daniel Gillies–so this is good news but considering that Klaus has become increasingly unlikable and bascially unredeemable I’m not sure how this show will go over with me. Plus, if it gets picked up to series it probably will air right behind TVD which means Beauty and the Beast’s days are probably numbered :(.

Comment by ChrisGa – February 16, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • who says that just because theyre doing a spin off that means theyre all leaving TVD? id like to know?????

Comment by danni2165 – March 19, 2013 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to watch the spin-off because of my love for Klaus but I’m going to be gutted he won’t be on VD hopefully caroline may just leave mystic falls an follow him.. VD won’t be the same without Klaus though ill still watch but just hope the dreaded Stefan/Elena/Damon love triangle finaly ends its bored me for the last 2 seasons, I get it she loves she’s just another katherine

Comment by Laura – March 30, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • caroline has to go with him….im not overly happy that i most probably wont see damon and stefan anymore but im cool with elena not being on my screen…it wouldnt be the next best thing without caroline#facts…

Comment by georgia – April 24, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post