Pilot Scoop: Harry Potter Pal Rupert Grint to Star in CBS Comedy Super Clyde

rupert grintApparently, all a degree from Hogwarts gets you is a career in the fast food industry.

Rupert Grint, best known as young wizard Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter films, will play the lead burger-flipper in CBS’ comedy pilot Super Clyde, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get Scoop on This Season’s (Possible) Newcomers

The single-camera project from Raising Hope writer/EP Greg Garcia follows a meek fast food worker who decides to become a super hero.

Clyde is one of a pair of pilots Garcia has with the Eye Network; the other is an untitled multi-cam about a recently divorced man living with his parents.

In addition to playing Ron in the eight Potter films, Grint lent his voice to a 2012 episode of American Dad!.

1. ben says:

This will definitely make this worth checking out. If the writers can capture Rupert’s natural humour well, this could be absolutely fantastic.

2. Esaul says:

This would be interesting to see.

3. iMember says:

I hope he gets to be a British character and not have to put on an English accent. Otherwise, it finally seems I’ll have a show to watch on CBS other than Person of Interest.

4. a says:

This will be the first CBS show I watch.

5. Babybop says:

Interesting… I’ll tune in.

6. Adam says:

A single-camera CBS comedy? I will have to check this out, Rupert Grint’s casting is just a bonus.

• Drewer says:

Yeah, I’m worried this won’t make it past the pilot stage, CBS isn’t terribly fond of single-cam’s and they don’t have a lot of empty space on their schedule.

7. MelindaB says:

If only one of these makes it to series, I really hope it’s Rupert’s. A divorced man living with his parents doesn’t sound terribly intriguing.

8. Mandy says:

I’m in! I think Ron was the best part of Harry Potter and am so excited to see him moving on! :)

9. steven says:

This is wicked news. Bloody hell.

10. juan says:

Damn, I don’t really like anything on CBS besides HIMYM but how can I say no to Ron Weasley, besides it sounds kinda interesting

11. Mark says:

Shoot. I’ve been boycotting all CBS sitcoms after not being able to stand the repetitive nature of their brand of “comedy.” But now, I’m gonna have to give this one a go.

12. J says:

When I first read the description of this show I thought it sounded really dumb, but I love Harry Potter and Rupert Grint so I guess I will have to check out at least one episode. After all, I sat through weeks of Awake just because Jason Isaccs (Lucious Malfoy) was the star!

I also agree with everyone who says he should be allowed to keep his British accent. I am so sick of shows making actors do a forced, horrible American accent. Other than Hugh Laurie, there are very few who can actually pull it off convincingly.

13. C says:

Read the Pilot – the concept is stupid, but it actually was hilarious and had a lot of heart. Now Rupert Grint! woooo

• J says:

I haven’t read the pilot. Is he trying to be a superhero in the sense that he wears a cape and has special powers? Or is it him trying to be a super hero in the sense of one human trying to be good and help others? That definately makes a difference in how I veiw things.

• Josh says:

I haven’t read the pilot as well, but from the tagline, it seems like he doesn’t have actual special powers, but it sounds like he’s trying to be a humanitarian and trying to do good and help those in need. So i think its similar to Kick-Ass in that sense.

14. Lisa says:

rupert grint! im in. let him stay british though

15. aleksa says:

He’s pretty good at humor. This could be good for him.

16. Dionne Simone says:

I will take him with any accent. From the little I’ve heard of his, it’s wonderful and natural.

17. Teag says:

Awesome! Will try this out if it goes to air.

18. FM says:

Okay, looks like there’s a new show for me to watch next season.
    Rupert Grint *swoons*

19. murley says:

I’m in. Love Rupert Grint.

20. Phoenix80 says:

Rupert’s done other movies besides the HP films and a voice-over gig. “Wild Target” is brilliant (though you have to like British humor, I think) and what I’ve seen of his other films has been impressive as well.

Can’t wait to see what he can bring to a series!!!

• Jay says:

I do like British humour, I just don’t get to see it anymore. Does PBS still run britcoms where you guys are? All I get is Detroit, and they don’t!

21. Eric says:

Rupert Grint + Greg Garcia + single-cam = must-see TV,

22. Annie-Claude says:

The description didn’t catch my attention but with Rupert Grint in, I might check it out.

23. Ella says:

I love Rupert AND television but let’s be honest, this is a BIG step down for him. He was the best actor out of the HP trio and actually has a very promising movie career ahead of him (even Martin Scorcese thinks so!) Vincent Chase refused to do TV, so should he.

• Michael Boon says:

Nonsense. There is a lot of snobbery about TV from so called movie ‘stars’ and doing something like this enhances his reputation as anything but that. It’s the quality that’s important and if it’s good, it’ll do his career no harm at all. Oh, and the Scorcese quotes were fake. It was Cuaron who said he was the most likely to make it of the Potter trio.

• Working on tv doesn’t mean that you won’t be working in movies. Actually it is quite the opposites. Nowadays tv stars are getting a lot of movie deals, and this has been something going on since Friends, and has been amplified in the last years. Not only there’s big bucks to be made in TV, but the popularity that you gain (you are in people’s mind constantly), gives you major movie deals. He’s been working all around Europe lately, and it’s time for him to conquer the US market.

24. Chris says:

I will definitely be watching this, even if only because I am a Harry Potter fan haha…GO RUPERT!

25. mia says:

great!! He’s so talented – glad to see him back on my screen. And if its from the same guy who does Raising Hope, than I’m in. I LOVE RH.

26. Nicole says:

I’M IN.
    Rupert’s enough for me. I LOVE the idea of seeing him every week.

27. S. from E. now says:

“Apparently, all a degree from Hogwarts gets you is a career in the fast food industry.”
    Well, only Hermione was smart enough to finish her Hogwarts education, so I guess it was his fault after all : P

Definitely have to check this out! Rupert (and Ron of course) was my favourite of the trio and I dearly hope that I will be able to see him on my screen every week : P

28. paula says:

I love Rupert he has great comedy skills. Even thought I would to see him in movies because I thinks he is really good in drama and comedy, to have the chance to watch him every week in my tv is priceless

29. Jackie H says:

I don’t want him to be on CBS! I want him to be the next Doctor (13)!

30. jerri b says:

If I die in front of an actual tv show with Rupert Grint in it I will die a happy woman. Oh please let him use that beautiful British accent