Pilot News: KaDee Strickland Cast as One Bad Mama in NBC Pulp Drama Bloodline

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Private Practice SpoilersPrivate Practice‘s KaDee Strickland is trading in her scalpel for a samurai sword.

The actress has nabbed a leading role in NBC’s pulp action pilot Bloodlineour sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Bloodline follows an orphaned girl named Bird Benson (The Nine Lives of Chloe King‘s Skyler Samuels) who’s caught between two families of murderers and mercenaries. In order to eventually have a normal life, Bird learns, she must defeat her mother — Strickland’s character — via mortal combat.

Strickland’s Stella is described as the strikingly beautiful daughter of a family of killers and brigands headed by Jonathan Banks’ Leo – a role similar to that of The Bride in Kill Bill.

Strickland played sharp-tongued Charlotte King for six seasons of Private Practice, which recently wrapped production.

Bloodline is written by David Graziano (Felicity) and directed by Peter Berg (Friday Night Lights).

Comments (13)

• Ummm…that last sentence in this story. Did I miss something, or was this announced awhile back?

Comment by George – February 13, 2013 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The part about it being written by David Graziano and directed by Peter Berg?

Comment by Eric – February 13, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • didnt shonda say in a tweet that wasnt true about charlotte making an appearance in scandal???

Comment by sarah – February 13, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wishful thinking (and some bad IMDB intel). Amended. –KR

Comment by Kimberly Roots – February 13, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! I’m really impressed that she went for a pilot right after wrapping PP, but I’m ok with it!

Comment by Becca – February 13, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Disappointing plot. As much as I like KaDee, I’ll be skipping this one. :(

Comment by Linderella – February 13, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree, sounds weird… I do adore KaDee, though!

Comment by Lauren – February 14, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m late on the PP bandwagon, but believe it or not I love her character…..not sure how I feel about this though

Comment by Ella – February 13, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait… the orphan has to defeat her mother? That… I’m not sure I follow…

Comment by Ella B. – February 13, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is too good for something that sounds so suckish! I don’t watch one show on NBC and even though I love her, this won’t be the one to get me.

Comment by GS – February 14, 2013 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Charlotte and Cooper would go to Seattle Grace and that two annoying interns would be fired.

Comment by Lauren – February 14, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post