Exclusive

First Look Promo: Will Syfy's Stranded Scare Up Real Paranormal Activity?

Syfy is hoping that ordinary folks will bump up against extraordinary phenomena in Stranded, an unscripted series launching later this month — and TVLine has a first look at a new trailer.

RELATED | Frank Spotnitz, Ridley Scott to Adapt Philip K. Dick’s The Man in The High Castle as Syfy Miniseries

Premiering Wednesday, February 27 at 10/9c and executive-produced by Jason Blum (of the Paranormal Activity film franchise) and Josh Gates (Destination Truth), Stranded sends three participants into a haunted location, where they document their experience with hand-held cameras (supplemented by strategically placed security camera footage).

VIDEO | First Look: Syfy’s New Defiance Trailer Explores a ‘Brave’ New World

During their confinement, the subjects must (hopefully!!!) contend with increasingly pervasive feelings of fear and desolation, all caught on videotape. Watch the trailer, then read on for more:

The first team of three looks for the fright stuff at Star Island in New Hampshire. Other destinations during the six-week series include Seaview Terrace in Newport, Rhode Island, and the West Virginia State Penitentiary in Moundville, W. Va.

1. Joseph hidalgo says:

I wanna sign up for the second season. I have a team of guys that think ghost don’t exist. I myself have seen them for myself. Please keep me updated. I think we would be a huge hit. Plus we all run manhattan businesses.

2. Leslie Engle says:

My family and I have been watching stranded for this pass month and we really love this show. My daughter, brother and I would love to put our bravery to the test in a paranormal place to see if we can overcome it. Please send us back a reply!

3. Lindsey Knight says:

All I have to say is, I pray there is a notice for a second season and the eligibility to sign up because a few friends and myself would make a great episode for sure. Like crap in your pants funny.

4. Cheweka says:

well my dad is a skeptic never met nobody more hard headed I want o take him on and say at the end i believe Ive watched every paranormal show out there , the people on there dont even use the devises or do to much evp so bring it baby i want on this show

5. Terri says:

When will we know if there is a second season so we have time to sign up?

6. Trasea Trantham says:

My family really enjoy watching stranded, we would like for you to think of a second season and allow my family to be on it! Thank You and God bless

7. Timothy Ross says:

Please tell how I can sign up to get on this show ,,,,,when I was a child I told my mom there was ghosts in my room that I spoke with ,she wanted to send me to a mental hospital thinking I was crazy,,,,,this would be a perfect chance to really see if i was just imagining things as a child. My fiance has had similiar experiences since her dad has past. Therefore,this show would be a perfect medium to answer our questions about the after life to prove if it exists or not. Thank for considering us. We realize many people want to appear on this show, but with our experiences we feel we would be an asset to your show.