Exclusive

First Look Promo: Will Syfy's Stranded Scare Up Real Paranormal Activity?

Syfy is hoping that ordinary folks will bump up against extraordinary phenomena in Stranded, an unscripted series launching later this month — and TVLine has a first look at a new trailer.

RELATED | Frank Spotnitz, Ridley Scott to Adapt Philip K. Dick’s The Man in The High Castle as Syfy Miniseries

Premiering Wednesday, February 27 at 10/9c and executive-produced by Jason Blum (of the Paranormal Activity film franchise) and Josh Gates (Destination Truth), Stranded sends three participants into a haunted location, where they document their experience with hand-held cameras (supplemented by strategically placed security camera footage).

VIDEO | First Look: Syfy’s New Defiance Trailer Explores a ‘Brave’ New World

During their confinement, the subjects must (hopefully!!!) contend with increasingly pervasive feelings of fear and desolation, all caught on videotape. Watch the trailer, then read on for more:

The first team of three looks for the fright stuff at Star Island in New Hampshire. Other destinations during the six-week series include Seaview Terrace in Newport, Rhode Island, and the West Virginia State Penitentiary in Moundville, W. Va.

1. j says:

Didn’t MTV do something like this years ago?

2. Jared says:

I used to love that show fear on MTV.

3. Rain says:

Loved both Fear and Scariest Places on Earth so I’ll def. be tuning in! I just hope Josh Gates stays OFF camera – I can’t stand him.

4. Mac says:

I loved Fear. But since MTV has no plans on reviving it, I’ll take a look at Stranded… looks intriguing enough.

5. Shane says:

Syfy: Imagine Greater…No Seriously, You’re Going to Have to Imagine It Because We’re Not Going to Actually Make Anything Greater.

Hmm…I guess that doesn’t really work as as slogan does it?
    I can see why they shortened it.

6. Brendan says:

Fear was the last time I watched MTV… I think I’ll give this new tv show a try though.

7. Mike says:

Fear was a great show, how do I sign up for this show, would be awesome to get on it!

8. Jonathon says:

So I gotta ask cause I wanna be a part of the show, how would you sign up to be one of the contestants on stranded?

9. Brenna says:

So NOT in the UK then? That figures.

10. Diana Kemper says:

I have always been interested in the paranormal. Would love to be a contestant. Just have the experience to see if it is as real as my past experiences.

11. Paula says:

Im actually sitting here watching the first episode now and was wondering if theres a way to sign up to do this. In all seriousness i would love to do this!

12. brenda says:

There was a show where families were sent to a haunted location for a night. .so spending 5 days at a haunted location is great.
    I would love to come be on ,”Stranded”,..is there a way to apply?
    Good Luck, Josh!!
    Brenda

13. Michelle Lecompte says:

Has anyone found out how to sign up? I would love to get on it.

• mandy says:

This goes for anyone interested in potentially signing up, to do this officially i’m not sure, but being josh gates is co-producer i’d ask him personally through his twitter page ?? it’s worth a go.

14. Ashley says:

Would love to be on stranded how do you sign up

15. Joanna Saucedo says:

How do I sign up to be on the show? I’ve been interested in the paranormal/ afterlife since I was a kid I was even a paranormal investigator I would love to be in the show.

16. rachel says:

I love Josh gates! I miss destination truth it was a great show, I miss it like crazy. I too would love to know how to get on stranded. Finding places that are truly haunted has been very hard for me, it has always been a passion of mine to experience other places to atleast make sure it’s not all in my head. My boyfriend has not been exposed to the paranormal like I have, I have seen the good the bad and the ugly and I would love for him to see or feel the things that I have to better understand the truth.

17. burleigh says:

I myself would love to be on an episode of Stranded and how may I get on the show? anyone please drop aine and let me know please.

18. Brandi Burnett says:

I would love to be on this show with my fraidy-cat cousin since we both love paranormal shows! Anyone find out how to sign up yet?

19. nicole davdson says:

HOW DO I GET ON THIS SHOW!!!!!

20. rebekah chester says:

im am intrigued by souls who never made it past the middle. i would like to experience things such as what is being shown on tjhis show. can someone please contact me on how i can participate

21. marianne crowder says:

i would love to be on this show! myself and 5others have started a paranormal grup. this would be an awesome experience. How do we get to participate?

22. Brandon.ortiz says:

This show seems fake. Like there are too many witty and smart remarks. It seems scripted to me. Almost like the whole series is simply a bunch mini movies. I’m not doubting that the locations aren’t haunted, but c’mon. The producers had to have rigged them.

23. Tia Adkison says:

Gotta love stranded!! Want to sign up!!

24. Casey Bean says:

If you would please let me know if you have an application to apply to be on your show you have some fans and non believers here in the Midwest!

• Marianne Crowder says:

Please let me know how to apply for this show!

________________________________

• Edwin Ortiz says:

I am a believe in Christ and i believe that only evil spirit can walk the earth. My friends and I would love to be on your show, because a man of Christ those not fear the unknown. i feel we will be a good access to your show.

25. ettia says:

how do you apply to be on this show?

26. want to be on the show. please tell me how to be on the show. love this show.

• Marianne Crowder says:

Why are we not getting responses to requests on how to get on the show? Please????

________________________________

27. Liz says:

Fan of syfy channel and itts shows. Love Ghost hunters and Haunted collector. Just started watching recorded episodes of Stranded. Find it a bit boring and predictable. Teams seem to be consistently young. Perhaps too young? if they got some people that are actually past puberty, maybe there wouldn’t be a girly cry fest in each scene.
    Had to turn off this last one before the end, crying was absolutey intolerable, and i am a woman!!!
    Producers need to mix it up or they’ll have to start investing in pacifiers. Taking it off my recording list, I have kids thanks.

• Jen says:

lol !!!!! She was driving me nuts “dude” I’m with you on signing older more mature “crews”!! I wanted to smack her in the head!! And I’m a woman too! I would love to do this….Sign me up, I wont cry!!

28. Angela Miller says:

i want to be on the show me and two of my friends are dying to do this i have lived in a house that had ghost in it and i would love to go to other places and check them out always have wanted to do something like this

29. Brianna says:

Ok seriously how and where do I sign up to be on this show?! :) I’m dying to be on the show!

30. David Carrero says:

I REALLY want to be on this show. Someone has to know.

31. Stephanie Wade says:

Friend called said she found another hunted place to go, it this show for five days, wants me to find out how to do this, so please help me out, so you can scare them or I can

32. Mandi says:

Starting to believe that the show might be staged. If there isn’t a way to apply to be on the show on syfy, then how does these so called random people get on the show? Starting to think these underground actors are hand picked. Can’t believe it is real until I know how these people get on the show, but do not give the public the option.

33. Jessica Craig says:

Please let me know if u will be near Oklahoma….My2 friends and i would agree to do this ….only to prove to the world, the best we can …utilize all equipment given, whether or not the paranormal exist…. Thank u!! C u soon

34. Jessica Craig says:

Also
    please email me thanks…. ...In Oklahoma ...looking for a chance to matter

35. Laryssa says:

Your newest episode of stranded was horrible. My husband and I waited all week to watch this show only to be disappointed by people who didn’t use any of their equipment. Totally hoping for a season 2 and would love to be on your show.

36. Jessica Rios says:

My father is a big time non-believer and says any where they send him to investigate will not be haunted because ghosts are not real! Please help prove him wrong. I would definately be interested in being on the show.

37. Rayray says:

Love the show, I have no problem with the people being young but perhaps mixing it up wouldnt be a bad idea. How about family members rather then friends too. Moms, dads, kids, grandparents ect, could add a little something. Still love the show and will continue watching.

38. Lori Cumpston says:

I definitely want to be on this show. I watched it every week. My sister and I want to go investigate so bad. My boyfriend doesn’t believe and her husband is a skeptic so the four of us would be perfect. Ages 41-49 Not the young ones they had this first season!

39. dana donovan says:

My two sisters and I would love to be on the show stranded. If anyone knows how to apply let me know PLEASE!!!!!

40. Dru Crochet says:

41. Dru Crochet says:

My wife, a friend and I would like to be a contestant on your show. I am a former Marine, and for the past 13 years have been employed at my county’s sheriffs dept as a deputy. I am very intrigued by paranormal activity, therefore I believe I would be a great fit. Please email me for futher contact information or any other questions you may have!! i hope that some who matters reads this. thank you. if you need to contact me you can do si by the e-mail i have left. either that or comment here.

42. Rose Lintz says:

I am hoping you do end up filming a second season. Yes I would also love to be on the show but I know I’ll probably never get a chance too because everyone would be trying to get it also(I think it would be a great bonding experience for me and my new sister in law lol) Just please renew this show for a second season!!

43. Marissa Miller says:

how and when will we know if there will be a season 2 of this show? I would love to be a contestant on this show. please any one with info on this let me know.

44. cody says:

How do i sign up to do this show

45. pam says:

I want to sign up please let me know

46. paula renteria says:

47. paula renteria says:

Please let me know how my three skeptical brothers can apply to b on show they think r so tough scared of nothing lol how to apply

48. Shawn Herr says:

I would love to sign up for this show with my husband who is law enforcement with USCG and my Sister in law. I think our skepticism would really benefit us. I guess cause we find it hard to believe all this so called activity could be real

49. laken Wilson says:

I really want to sign up for this show, i watch it all the time. I LOVE my ghost programs. I live in a haunted house myself it has been blessed plenty of times but nothing works. So i live with ghost everyday…. i would be perfect for the show. SIGN ME UP ! Please email me on how to get on!! c:

50. Tiffany Jenkins says:

Me and my friends Michelle and keshia, and my boyfriend Robert would love to be on there me and my friend Michelle are skeptics and would love to be proven wrong