First Look Promo: Will Syfy's Stranded Scare Up Real Paranormal Activity?

Syfy is hoping that ordinary folks will bump up against extraordinary phenomena in Stranded, an unscripted series launching later this month — and TVLine has a first look at a new trailer.

RELATED | Frank Spotnitz, Ridley Scott to Adapt Philip K. Dick’s The Man in The High Castle as Syfy Miniseries

Premiering Wednesday, February 27 at 10/9c and executive-produced by Jason Blum (of the Paranormal Activity film franchise) and Josh Gates (Destination Truth), Stranded sends three participants into a haunted location, where they document their experience with hand-held cameras (supplemented by strategically placed security camera footage).

VIDEO | First Look: Syfy’s New Defiance Trailer Explores a ‘Brave’ New World

During their confinement, the subjects must (hopefully!!!) contend with increasingly pervasive feelings of fear and desolation, all caught on videotape. Watch the trailer, then read on for more:

The first team of three looks for the fright stuff at Star Island in New Hampshire. Other destinations during the six-week series include Seaview Terrace in Newport, Rhode Island, and the West Virginia State Penitentiary in Moundville, W. Va.

Tags: ,

Comments (73)

• Didn’t MTV do something like this years ago?

Comment by j – February 12, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, it was called Fear.

Comment by Whooooooooo – February 12, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And Abc Family with Linda Cardinelli years ago. Wasn’t it called Scariest places on earth or something?

Comment by Amanda – February 12, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oops. Mind went to the WRONG Linda. LINDA BLAIR! Sorry.

Comment by Amanda – February 12, 2013 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah it was called “fear”. it was an awesome show!

Comment by Eboni butler – February 12, 2013 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to love that show fear on MTV.

Comment by Jared – February 12, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved both Fear and Scariest Places on Earth so I’ll def. be tuning in! I just hope Josh Gates stays OFF camera – I can’t stand him.

Comment by Rain – February 12, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Fear. But since MTV has no plans on reviving it, I’ll take a look at Stranded… looks intriguing enough.

Comment by Mac – February 12, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Syfy: Imagine Greater…No Seriously, You’re Going to Have to Imagine It Because We’re Not Going to Actually Make Anything Greater.

Hmm…I guess that doesn’t really work as as slogan does it?
    I can see why they shortened it.

Comment by Shane – February 12, 2013 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fear was the last time I watched MTV… I think I’ll give this new tv show a try though.

Comment by Brendan – February 14, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fear was a great show, how do I sign up for this show, would be awesome to get on it!

Comment by Mike – February 17, 2013 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Production on Season 1 is already completed.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 25, 2013 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So I gotta ask cause I wanna be a part of the show, how would you sign up to be one of the contestants on stranded?

Comment by Jonathon – February 20, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If u find out will u please let me know how I really won’t to go to prove to my husband ghost are real

Comment by Brittany – March 13, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So NOT in the UK then? That figures.

Comment by Brenna – February 27, 2013 03:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have always been interested in the paranormal. Would love to be a contestant. Just have the experience to see if it is as real as my past experiences.

Comment by Diana Kemper – February 27, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im actually sitting here watching the first episode now and was wondering if theres a way to sign up to do this. In all seriousness i would love to do this!

Comment by Paula – February 27, 2013 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There was a show where families were sent to a haunted location for a night. .so spending 5 days at a haunted location is great.
    I would love to come be on ,”Stranded”,..is there a way to apply?
    Good Luck, Josh!!
    Brenda

Comment by brenda – February 27, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would love to know how you can get on the show. I love paranormal things. So if anyone knows how let me know plz

Comment by Amber Gouge – April 3, 2013 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has anyone found out how to sign up? I would love to get on it.

Comment by Michelle Lecompte – February 27, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This goes for anyone interested in potentially signing up, to do this officially i’m not sure, but being josh gates is co-producer i’d ask him personally through his twitter page ?? it’s worth a go.

Comment by mandy – April 10, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to be on stranded how do you sign up

Comment by Ashley – February 28, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How do I sign up to be on the show? I’ve been interested in the paranormal/ afterlife since I was a kid I was even a paranormal investigator I would love to be in the show.

Comment by Joanna Saucedo – March 1, 2013 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Josh gates! I miss destination truth it was a great show, I miss it like crazy. I too would love to know how to get on stranded. Finding places that are truly haunted has been very hard for me, it has always been a passion of mine to experience other places to atleast make sure it’s not all in my head. My boyfriend has not been exposed to the paranormal like I have, I have seen the good the bad and the ugly and I would love for him to see or feel the things that I have to better understand the truth.

Comment by rachel – March 9, 2013 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I myself would love to be on an episode of Stranded and how may I get on the show? anyone please drop aine and let me know please.

Comment by burleigh – March 13, 2013 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to be on this show with my fraidy-cat cousin since we both love paranormal shows! Anyone find out how to sign up yet?

Comment by Brandi Burnett – March 14, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOW DO I GET ON THIS SHOW!!!!!

Comment by nicole davdson – March 14, 2013 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im am intrigued by souls who never made it past the middle. i would like to experience things such as what is being shown on tjhis show. can someone please contact me on how i can participate

Comment by rebekah chester – March 15, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i would love to be on this show! myself and 5others have started a paranormal grup. this would be an awesome experience. How do we get to participate?

Comment by marianne crowder – March 17, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show seems fake. Like there are too many witty and smart remarks. It seems scripted to me. Almost like the whole series is simply a bunch mini movies. I’m not doubting that the locations aren’t haunted, but c’mon. The producers had to have rigged them.

Comment by Brandon.ortiz – March 20, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta love stranded!! Want to sign up!!

Comment by Tia Adkison – March 20, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you would please let me know if you have an application to apply to be on your show you have some fans and non believers here in the Midwest!

Comment by Casey Bean – March 20, 2013 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please let me know how to apply for this show!

________________________________

Comment by Marianne Crowder – March 21, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am a believe in Christ and i believe that only evil spirit can walk the earth. My friends and I would love to be on your show, because a man of Christ those not fear the unknown. i feel we will be a good access to your show.

Comment by Edwin Ortiz – April 5, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how do you apply to be on this show?

Comment by ettia – March 22, 2013 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • want to be on the show. please tell me how to be on the show. love this show.

Comment by carolyn larrew – March 22, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why are we not getting responses to requests on how to get on the show? Please????

________________________________

Comment by Marianne Crowder – March 23, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fan of syfy channel and itts shows. Love Ghost hunters and Haunted collector. Just started watching recorded episodes of Stranded. Find it a bit boring and predictable. Teams seem to be consistently young. Perhaps too young? if they got some people that are actually past puberty, maybe there wouldn’t be a girly cry fest in each scene.
    Had to turn off this last one before the end, crying was absolutey intolerable, and i am a woman!!!
    Producers need to mix it up or they’ll have to start investing in pacifiers. Taking it off my recording list, I have kids thanks.

Comment by Liz – March 22, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol !!!!! She was driving me nuts “dude” I’m with you on signing older more mature “crews”!! I wanted to smack her in the head!! And I’m a woman too! I would love to do this….Sign me up, I wont cry!!

Comment by Jen – March 29, 2013 01:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i want to be on the show me and two of my friends are dying to do this i have lived in a house that had ghost in it and i would love to go to other places and check them out always have wanted to do something like this

Comment by Angela Miller – March 24, 2013 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok seriously how and where do I sign up to be on this show?! :) I’m dying to be on the show!

Comment by Brianna – March 25, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I REALLY want to be on this show. Someone has to know.

Comment by David Carrero – March 26, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As I said above, production has wrapped, and there’s no telling if there will be a Season 2.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 26, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • keep me in mind for being on the show

Comment by Carolyn Larrew – March 27, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Great Show and its idea,cant wait for the envolope to be opened and pushed to the limits that you could take it too!So much more that could make this the number one show of syfy networks,time will tell. reply to email and I will deliver my thoughts on the matter more clearly.Like the work keep america waching!

Comment by Ashley S Kelley – March 29, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • how do sign up for the show

Comment by domonique head – April 29, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Friend called said she found another hunted place to go, it this show for five days, wants me to find out how to do this, so please help me out, so you can scare them or I can

Comment by Stephanie Wade – March 27, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Starting to believe that the show might be staged. If there isn’t a way to apply to be on the show on syfy, then how does these so called random people get on the show? Starting to think these underground actors are hand picked. Can’t believe it is real until I know how these people get on the show, but do not give the public the option.

Comment by Mandi – March 27, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let me know if u will be near Oklahoma….My2 friends and i would agree to do this ….only to prove to the world, the best we can …utilize all equipment given, whether or not the paranormal exist…. Thank u!! C u soon

Comment by Jessica Craig – March 27, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also
    please email me thanks…. ...In Oklahoma ...looking for a chance to matter

Comment by Jessica Craig – March 27, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Your newest episode of stranded was horrible. My husband and I waited all week to watch this show only to be disappointed by people who didn’t use any of their equipment. Totally hoping for a season 2 and would love to be on your show.

Comment by Laryssa – March 27, 2013 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My father is a big time non-believer and says any where they send him to investigate will not be haunted because ghosts are not real! Please help prove him wrong. I would definately be interested in being on the show.

Comment by Jessica Rios – March 27, 2013 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show, I have no problem with the people being young but perhaps mixing it up wouldnt be a bad idea. How about family members rather then friends too. Moms, dads, kids, grandparents ect, could add a little something. Still love the show and will continue watching.

Comment by Rayray – March 28, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I definitely want to be on this show. I watched it every week. My sister and I want to go investigate so bad. My boyfriend doesn’t believe and her husband is a skeptic so the four of us would be perfect. Ages 41-49 Not the young ones they had this first season!

Comment by Lori Cumpston – March 28, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My two sisters and I would love to be on the show stranded. If anyone knows how to apply let me know PLEASE!!!!!

Comment by dana donovan – March 28, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Dru Crochet – March 28, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My wife, a friend and I would like to be a contestant on your show. I am a former Marine, and for the past 13 years have been employed at my county’s sheriffs dept as a deputy. I am very intrigued by paranormal activity, therefore I believe I would be a great fit. Please email me for futher contact information or any other questions you may have!! i hope that some who matters reads this. thank you. if you need to contact me you can do si by the e-mail i have left. either that or comment here.

Comment by Dru Crochet – March 28, 2013 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am hoping you do end up filming a second season. Yes I would also love to be on the show but I know I’ll probably never get a chance too because everyone would be trying to get it also(I think it would be a great bonding experience for me and my new sister in law lol) Just please renew this show for a second season!!

Comment by Rose Lintz – March 28, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how and when will we know if there will be a season 2 of this show? I would love to be a contestant on this show. please any one with info on this let me know.

Comment by Marissa Miller – March 28, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How do i sign up to do this show

Comment by cody – March 29, 2013 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to sign up please let me know

Comment by pam – March 29, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by paula renteria – March 29, 2013 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let me know how my three skeptical brothers can apply to b on show they think r so tough scared of nothing lol how to apply

Comment by paula renteria – March 29, 2013 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to sign up for this show with my husband who is law enforcement with USCG and my Sister in law. I think our skepticism would really benefit us. I guess cause we find it hard to believe all this so called activity could be real

Comment by Shawn Herr – April 2, 2013 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want to sign up for this show, i watch it all the time. I LOVE my ghost programs. I live in a haunted house myself it has been blessed plenty of times but nothing works. So i live with ghost everyday…. i would be perfect for the show. SIGN ME UP ! Please email me on how to get on!! c:

Comment by laken Wilson – April 3, 2013 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Me and my friends Michelle and keshia, and my boyfriend Robert would love to be on there me and my friend Michelle are skeptics and would love to be proven wrong

Comment by Tiffany Jenkins – April 3, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post