Community Hot Shots: Jeff Strips Down (and Hooks Up?) at Inspector Spacetime Convention

Leave it to Jeff Winger to draw the attention of an out-of-this-world-gorgeous fangirl (ahem, the one and only Tricia Helfer) at a geek-filled convention.

NBC’s Community is headed to an Inspector Spacetime-themed event next Thursday, Feb. 21, and we’ve got a sneak peek at the festivities.

In a state of utter glee, Abed and Troy — along with the rest of the Greendale gang — enjoy all that the Spacetime celebration has to offer. However, it seems things take a turn for the jealous when Annie discovers Jeff getting close with Helfer’s character.

Click through the shots below, then hit the comments with your anticipation for the sitcom’s ‘Con visit.

In the latest Spoiler Alert!: Yvette Nicole Brown previews Community Season 4

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Photo Gallery, Previews

1. InspecTiCon ! I’m looking forward to it.

2. Mike says:

Little worried about this one, wish we could see some shots of the upcoming Halloween episode that was Written by Megan Ganz, which should be excellent. Otherwise, a mediocre Community episode is still pretty great by other shows standards.

3. Karen says:

Er, what is happening? Annie showed no signs of jealousy in season 3 and Jeff only had eyes for Annie so why are they ruining it? This show just likes to ruin Annie. She is not a jealous schoolgirl and I’m so sick of seeing her portrayed like this I give up on this show once and for all.

• Liz says:

THIS. Jeff was the pining one last season and to go back to season 2 Annie is the worst thing to happen tbh. I am convinced they are doing this just to make Jeff & Britta easier to stomach when they get back together later in the season. I’m 100% done if that’s the case tbh. It’s about time the show started treating Annie with respect and show what an amazing strong independent woman she really is.

4. Angela says:

That last photo. Mmm. That alone has me intrigued :D.
    Seriously, looks like a strange, strange episode. I’m looking forward to seeing how it all plays out, though.

5. LuvBrittaPerry says:

A spiteful Annie? Not looking forward to it :(

6. Ali says:

Annie seems so OOC from what we have been told so far. Jeff as well actually.

7. Anna says:

I don’t want them to ruin Jeff and Annie, I thought they developed them so well last season! There are so many Jeff/Annie fans out there and this is just mean.

8. Rhea says:

I agree with everything said above (regarding Jeff/Annie) The new showrunners are REALLY pinning for Jeff/Britta, the one couple I can’t stand :(

• Kay says:

Jeff/Annie were really building to something special and the new guys are ruining it and my favorite show in the process. It’s so sad. I feel like they’e only watched the first season because i don’t know how they can stan for Jeff/Britta after everything esp seasons 2 and 3. I don’t hate Jeff/Britta at all but they are better as friends. :(

9. Kay says:

To the new showrunners, Thanks for ruining my fav ship Jeff/Annie. Thanks for destroying character development and thanks for going on and on and on about Jeff/Britta in every interview I’ve read so far. NOT.

10. The Kaibosh says:

THEY’RE RUINING JEFF/ANNIE!! Wow you guys are idiots. Where are you getting this from? From the three or so pictures shown? From the image of Jeff hitting it off with a guest star that will be around for one episode? You guys are able to glean such definitive insight from these images; so much so that you jump on these comments sections and declare with such resounding authority: “they’re ruining my favourite ship!! the better watch out or I’mm done!” Ridiculous.

• Lisa says:

No, people get the idea that Jeff and Annie are being ruined from interviews by the showrunners and this just adds to it and proves lots of stuff they’ve said in these interviews, like “Annie is going through somewhat they same thing Abed did; she has to separate reality from her imagination, especially regarding her relationship with Jeff” . They’re ruining Jeff/Annie.

• Jjovana3 says:

Seriously! Godforbid an adult woman has real feelings for someone….but noooo reduce her to an Abed like child. So stupid.

11. Bob says:

For all of the “They’re ruining everything” people. Only one episode has aired. Why don’t you hold the comments for a few more episodes, instead of believing everything you’ve read on the internets. “Oh, it must be true, I read it on the internets!”

12. Julia says:

I’m so tired of seeing Annie constantly regressed. I really wish this show would allow their characters to grow

13. Lipstick Socialism says:

I am SO excited for Tricia’s guest appearance :)

14. stevie says:

“the new guys are ruining our show”. lol. so funny. the majority of the s1-s3 writer are still on board. harmon created the show, yeah – but he didn’t make the show all by himself. grow up.

15. pax says:

As a huge Jeff/Britta fan (yup, we exist), I gotta say, you Jeff/Annie shippers need to CALM DOWN. Annie being jealous of Jeff is a GOOD sign; it means they’re addressing the relationship at all– more than Jeff/Britta fans have gotten since season two. It’s crazy to me that as someone who hates J/A, I can look at this article and think, Ugh, more J/A and J/A shippers read the same article and panic that it’s not enough J/A. And you’re crazy if you think J/B is endgame anymore. I hate it, but I’ve accepted that the writers are building to J/A– they’ve spent too much time having them make googly eyes at each other not to go there.

I understand the complaints about Annie being infanialized but let’s be real, that’s been a problem with the whole Jeff/Annie relationship. It’s not because the New Guys are ruining the show, they’re just continuing with what Dan started. If we really want to see Annie be presented as the independent, motivated woman we know she is, she needs a storyline that doesn’t revolve around a dude.

• Amy says:

I agree with you. Everyone needs to calm down! And I’m a huge Jeff/Annie fan! It is hard not to read into them building Jeff/Britta again after interviews I’ve read lately but there has been too much J/A build up to go nowhere now and not enough J/B build up. It just wouldn’t be logical. As much as I love Annie and Jeff together, Annie really needs and deserves her own storyline. I totally agree with you there too! :)

16. Josh says:

Ergh stop shipping. God…First you don’t even know what’s going on..and second the best thing for Annie, as a character, is to NOT be with Jeff. Annie’s journey has been about SELF discovery, about how doesn’t need JEFF or ANY MAN in her life to determine who she is. So by the very nature of shipping Annie/Jeff, you’re asking for them to ruin character development. Let them get together, sure, but my end game is Annie on her own, doing her, as she would say it while trying to be hip “THANG”.

I really dislike shippers…They ruin just about every show with their need to see these characters together. ENOUGH…Let these characters grow and if they get together, great, if they don’t…if Annie is still an awesome character in the end that’s all I care about.

17. Elle says:

I’m so hoping this is a build up to B/J reunion but on a different level then season 1/2. Would love to see an Annie and Troy pairing, maybe even an Annie and Abed pairing with a triangle with Troy!