The CW Orders Early Renewals for Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Arrow

Get More: News, Renewals

blog_cw_combo_2.11.13The CW on Monday announced early pick-ups for three of its seriesSupernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Arrow.

Arrow gave The CW its best series premiere since 2009, Vampire Diaries is the network’s highest-rated show in target demos and Supernatural is up 15 percent in total audience versus last season. The dramas will be entering their second, fifth and ninth seasons in fall 2013, respectively.

RELATED | CW Pilots Include Vampire Diaries Spin-Off, Adaptations of The Selection and The Hundred

“We said last year that one of our goals was to establish building blocks to grow on, and now with our new hit Arrow and fan favorite Supernatural on Wednesday night, and the continued success of The Vampire Diaries on Thursday, we’ve been able to do that,” network president Mark Pedowitz said in a statement. “Not only do Arrow, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries perform well on-air, they’re also extremely successful for us both digitally and socially. I’m thrilled to have all three shows returning to our schedule next season.”

TVLine’s always-fresh Renewal Scorecard has thusly been updated.

Which of these renewals are you most excited about? And which CW series do you think deserves a pick-up next?

Comments (384)

• Hart of dixie all the way!

Comment by Nathalie – February 18, 2013 01:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 中国软妹走起来,BATB!!! support beauty and the beast!!! i want you know .as a chinese girl.not only i love it .but also many peole love it .we have a big fans for it .we deeply love it .we hope it very much . so please .go on it

Comment by BATB – February 18, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what about Beauty and the Beast ?
    we want season 2 !

Comment by haly009 – February 18, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Head over heels on Nikita!

Comment by Sharonchou – February 18, 2013 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely!

Comment by Sherry – February 19, 2013 04:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lmao @ SPN always being called sth like “fan favorite” XD

It means “we have no idea how this show is still on air or who is watching it, we don’t know who to advertise it to, we have never known; how did you find this show, plz help us”

Comment by Rivara (@RivaraMarin) – February 19, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • gooooooooooooooo zoe , the best ever , i would really love to watch more and moooooooooore

Comment by ieno – February 19, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA is an amazing show!!! And I’m crazy about NIKITA,

Comment by Ivy – February 19, 2013 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Carrie Diaries

Comment by DARRA – February 20, 2013 03:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want BatB to have season2.. Want to see more Vincent & kat..come on CW

Comment by nikki – February 20, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie,please please! We want season3!,!

Comment by Jr – February 20, 2013 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie!!! We love the story of Zoe and Wade in Bluebell !!! Season 3 please !!!

Comment by Happle – February 20, 2013 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Nikita!

Comment by mimo – February 21, 2013 12:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YaY for Arrow!!!
    & Nikita of course deserves for season four.
    It’s currently the best show!!
    And I’m happy it’s on likely renewal.
    I’m curious when CW tell it officially. Can’t wait for it!

I liked also Fringe, but it’s ended unfortunately, so only one show left every Friday.
    *Sorry for my bad english*

Comment by Ardnaskela – February 21, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love supernatural most.I always feel brand new when I watch this series.But , Arrow?Everthing it tells doesn’t make sense.Old story plays again and again.Besides, I hardly ever see girls in this series.

Comment by Tianyang – February 22, 2013 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beauty and the Beast is the greatest one, I think.Although the story is little old.But their performences are so great.Especially Jay Ryan is so handsome.Kristin is charming, too.I want Season 2!赞一个

Comment by Sarah – February 22, 2013 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Vampire Diaries is fine and ingenious.But I’m tired of Stefen and Damon.I just think that without Alaric Saltzman,S4 isn’t as good as S3.I can’t see the charm anymore.

Comment by Danny – February 22, 2013 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope both BATB and HOD are renew!!!! :)

Comment by Ana – February 22, 2013 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Hart of Dixie!!!

Comment by Kaysey – February 22, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of dixie

Comment by Laura Bertazzini – February 23, 2013 02:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • a Chinese girl and her friends crazy for Nikita~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment by sandy – February 23, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh , I like it very much !

Comment by LEIJINGYA – March 8, 2013 12:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just vote for NIKITA. I think…. deserve that

Comment by Marvelouson – February 23, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i wish no shows had to get canceled that way we can all be happy lol. it does suck when a network feels a show isnt doing good enough so they cancel it. its painful for those of us who get to emotionally attached to these fictious characters. (im one of em!) big BatB fan here. show has remarkable potential. i dont understand how the ratings arent or werent better. :( im hoping for a season 2 renewal! :-)

Comment by alicia – February 24, 2013 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BATB for a renewal!
    it’s an amazing show and KK and JR have chemistry that’s off the charts.
    BATB for season 2!

Comment by Lorin – February 24, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes for BatB!!! No doubt!

Comment by Ccatt – February 25, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please keep’Hart of Dixie’ !!!I like it so much! Everytime I watch it I am so excited and in a good mood!

Comment by Grace Lee – February 26, 2013 02:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to make friends, some people see?

Comment by LEIJINGYA – March 8, 2013 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE renew beauty and the beast for a second season i really really really really want a second season PLEASE i really really really really want the first season to come out on dvd also too!!!!!

Comment by linda – March 8, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want bobby singer back, I think Sam and Dean needs someone to keep them grounded.

Comment by Rosa Blocker – March 13, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Misha Collins has signed to be a regular on season 9 of Supernatural! YAY!!!! Ineed Cas back =)

Comment by Tessa – March 14, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nikita~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment by angeljw – March 26, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Supernatural! I hope the show can make it to ten years; maybe after which time, the actors will want to explore other avenues–I hope not….but, I wouldn’t want to stunt anyone’s growth.

~Sun

Comment by Sun – April 11, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Supernatural never goes off the air! That’s one of the best shows on tv these days!

Comment by Kendra Ravizza – April 24, 2013 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • supernatural is the best show on tv ever.ive been watching since about episode 3 in 2005.i have only seen one episode that i thought was kinda lame.it was in seaon 1 where they ended up in an attic defending themselves with bug spray. sincerly dean scott

Comment by wd scott – May 7, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post