The CW Orders Early Renewals for Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Arrow

blog_cw_combo_2.11.13The CW on Monday announced early pick-ups for three of its seriesSupernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Arrow.

Arrow gave The CW its best series premiere since 2009, Vampire Diaries is the network’s highest-rated show in target demos and Supernatural is up 15 percent in total audience versus last season. The dramas will be entering their second, fifth and ninth seasons in fall 2013, respectively.

RELATED | CW Pilots Include Vampire Diaries Spin-Off, Adaptations of The Selection and The Hundred

“We said last year that one of our goals was to establish building blocks to grow on, and now with our new hit Arrow and fan favorite Supernatural on Wednesday night, and the continued success of The Vampire Diaries on Thursday, we’ve been able to do that,” network president Mark Pedowitz said in a statement. “Not only do Arrow, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries perform well on-air, they’re also extremely successful for us both digitally and socially. I’m thrilled to have all three shows returning to our schedule next season.”

TVLine’s always-fresh Renewal Scorecard has thusly been updated.

Which of these renewals are you most excited about? And which CW series do you think deserves a pick-up next?

1. Spikenalabama says:

Yes for Supernatural, Vampire Diaries and Arrow. Now, please, CW renew Hart of Dixie!!!!

2. Omnia says:

oh come on! Nikita is the best what they have. Other CW shows is not stepping at least a little closer to this badass treasure. Renew it NOW!

3. Kristin says:

Hart of Dixie! The others are all similar drama’s/supernatural. HoD make me laugh.

4. Cyn Cromarty says:

I am so incredibly happy that Supernatural will be back!

5. Hart of Dixie deserve a season 3, it is a self starter show, it goes against NCIS ( and no you can not tell me that they dont share the same viewers, because NCIS have lots of girls fan whom may like HOD) FOX comdies, DWTS Results & The Voice. Second Hart of Dixie is steady each week, third it does not have a lead in (Im talking to BATB fans, yes that show has .6/.7 demo but its lead in has way more viewers and a better demo, so BATB sould get close as much as TVD but it does not. and fourth HOD is a very cheap show to produce. & last but not least, the stories can keep going and fresh new ideas can be made, I dont see what season 2 of BATB can be about.

If any show should get renew next it should be Hart of Dixie.

• Claudia Keller says:

Not everybody that watches TVD are tuning to watch BATB, probably retains 10% of that audience, most of BATB fans are only on the CW for that show, and you will be suprised to find out aobut the demographics, people labeled this show for teenage fans, and whetever they move BATB we go along anytime slot to the moon and we will follow and could care less about TVD.

6. Delilah says:

Emily Owens and Ringer were the only good shows the CW ever had, and they cancelled both of them. The others are poorly written for those who don’t want to have to think very much while watching tv.

7. robinepowell says:

I am very happy to hear that Arrow will be around for a second season, though not surprised, given the ratings are so good.

I don’t watch V.D. or Supernatural, but I’m happy for the fans that do. I wouldn’t be surprised if Supernatural had a tenth season (tied with Smallville for the longest running sci-fi TV show).

8. Allison P says:

So happy for all three of these renewals! I would be disappointed if Nikita doesn’t get picked up again. Beauty and the Beast has also grown on me, so I’d be curious to see how it would do with another season…

9. Renee says:

Congrats to Arrow, Supernatural and Vampire Diaries!
    At some point I’ll get caught back up on Arrow so I’m happy for it’s success. I’m loving Beauty & the Beast so I really desperately hope it gets a season 2. And I’ll get caught up with Nikita at some point as well so I hope it gets another season.
    But please I’m begging here…Beauty and the Beast needs a season 2.

10. Garnet074 says:

Thrilled to hear Arrow is getting a 2nd season. It’s a great show. I hope the 2nd season has lots more Oliver and Felicity, too. Other than Thea, Felicity is the most likeable female on the show. I love the blend of action, mystery and family/friends in this show.

Also happy to hear Vampire Diaries gets another year. This year has been a little slow and way too thin on the Damon and Damon/Elena stuff, which I enjoy. The pacing’s been off this year, I think, but mostly due to the sheer # of storylines. I’m hoping the next year will get back to action and things happening instead of everybody standing around “just talking about it.”

The CW is turning into one of my favorite networks.

• Alan says:

im patiently waiting for the announcement of felicity being added to the main cast, she is way too good to waste as an occasional recurring.

11. Jared says:

The rest of the CW series are all too close to call at this point. I bet renewals will be based on what pilots the CW will be picking up for the Fall. But I would be REALLY sad to see either HoD or BATB get cancelled. I love them both.

12. Due to the fact that I’ve been a die-hard Smallville fan since the beginning I was vehemently opposed to this new “Green Arrow,” but because I couldn’t help myself I watched the pilot. I wasn’t all that impressed, but I ended up watching more and I have to say that I really like it. I even was basically a “hater” of Stephen Amell due to things he posted on twitter before when he was on TVD. Again, starting to seriously like the guy and his character.

That it got renewed is not a shock. It’s a bit of a shock that they did so and especially 3 shows in the middle of February, but the fact that it got renewed really shouldn’t surprise anyone.

If you haven’t at least checked it out I suggest you do so. It deserves a look.

13. Babybop says:

Yes! I need more Ian Somerhalder in my life.

14. Romina says:

Beauty and the beast should be given a second season. They deserve a chance to develop the story!

15. rose says:

It’d be awesome if you would #GiveBATBSecondSeason appreciating fan.

16. Dulci says:

great for these three shows, but I would like to see a second season of BATB. It fits nicely with what is doing well for the CW and isn’t a complicated mythology–so new viewers can jump in. It is fun and getting better and better.

17. gabriela says:

#GiveBATBSecondSeason”

18. BATB deserves a second season! #GiveBATBSecondSeason

19. JulieDawn says:

#GiveBatBSecondSeason

• Renee says:

Seriously y’all need to give this a rest. I’m a fan of the show, but if I wasn’t a neutral site like TVline being bombarded with BATB hashtags would definitely turn me against it. And BATB doesn’t need anybody to start hating it because of fan behavior. Just my opinion.

20. Alice says:

Hart of Dixie!!! It’s so different from what they already have on the channel.

21. emma says:

oh PLEASE! are you telling me that more people would rather keep watching Beauty and the Beast than Nikita or Hart of Dixie or The Carrie Diaries??? C’MOOOOON!

22. Jared says:

I do think BATB will get a second season because there’s just so much more story to tell especially if Vincent and Cat get together by the finale. That renewal will be coming down to the wire. Us fans are CRAZY..lol

23. Judy says:

Please, please have NIKITA renewed again and again! love the show!

24. Jane says:

Hopefully Nikita gets picked up…Love it..Glad Arrow got a green light. Hopefully this will be the final season of TVD, it’s gone downhill. Lets hope they do it justice and cancel it next year. It’s pretty over-rated.

25. TVDIVA says:

Hooray for early pickups for all three shows. They all deserve it. Now if only Beauty and the Beast would get picked up.

26. Beth says:

In my opinion, Beauty and the Beast should NOT get another season. I could not get into it at all, but I love Nikita and HoD and I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far of The Carrie Diaries. Any one of those 3 should be picked over BatB.

27. jeannie gately says:

I vote for arrow and beauty and the beast on the cw i do not miss these 2 shows ever

28. Shaz says:

90210 deserves to wrap up propelly wether they do it this season or a short-final season. The fans have watched it for 5 seasons and would like to see the characters have a proper send off, it may not be ur fav show but there are ppl out there that love it!

29. Sheila says:

So happy that Supernatural, Vampire Diaries & Arrow were renewed!! They are 3 of my favorite shows on tv!! I really want Beauty & The Beast to be renewed! I love Catherine/Vincent & the story is really interesting! I also really love Hart Of Dixie & hope it’s renewed. So happy Zoe/Wade finally got together this season. The Carrie Diaries is also really good. I’ll be really sad if the CW cancels the show.

30. haly009 says:

Beauty and the Beast is the series that we should continue,
    And Im happy to renew supernatural and Vampire Diaries and arrow

31. Sarah says:

I’m hoping Beauty and The Beast gets picked up for a second season. I really enjoying the series!

32. Tracy says:

Thrilled to see Supernatural was renewed! It is still one of the best shows on television!

33. Annie says:

SO HAPPY for ARROW! Lets just hope that Beauty and the Beast gets picked up as well, because that show is awesomeeeee and Vincat!

34. June says:

The Carrie Diaries and Heart of Dixie is not going to make it those show are not good at all to my opinion i think they should canceled those shows, they don’t deserve to be on tv.

35. macy says:

BATB please :) give it a chance, I know it’s gonna be big soon..

36. Adam Bramble says:

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

37. Beauty and the Beast should have many seasons!The best show and the most good-looking love team is there-JAY & KRISTIN!

38. guest says:

Hope Beauty and the Beast gets picked up, the show is surprisingly fun to watch and well made.

39. Ray says:

I don’t want 90210 to go. I know it gets a lot of hate, but the show has become really good this season. It would be a shame if it didn’t get renewed.

40. SPNFan says:

Hours after hearing the news and I’m still sobbing happily over Supernatural Season 9 news. Not that it was unexpected news because that show is awesomesauce, but having it confirmed is so great!

Really, really, really, really, really hoping to see more Castiel in Season 9! It would be possibly the best news ever if they made Misha Collins a regular on the show! I love Sam/Jared and Dean/Jensen to the moon and back, but I’m happiest when Team Free Will is together and in action. J2M=best trio ever!

41. KrisJay says:

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!!

42. Jared says:

I really love HoD but im not sure where it fits in with the CWs current crop of shows and pilots that were ordered for next season. Seems like the CW is going in a different direction creatively. The same could be said for The Carrie Diaries. Unless both are picked up..which I doubt I wouldn’t be surprised if they were cancelled. Any chance they could be launched again in the Summer?

43. Keith says:

I’m so glad about that Supernatural is coming back for a 9th season! It’s my favorite show:)

44. Ruby says:

I’ve actually started liking Beauty and the Beast better than Arrow. Arrow has kind of stalled, and BatB keeps getting better from week to week. I really hope they renew that and Hart of Dixie. I basically live on The CW these days because of those two shows, Supernatural, and Vampire Diaries.

45. duma says:

I luv the Vampire Diaries!!!!!!!!

46. Amy says:

I used to love Supernatural…but now it’s just a continuous disappointment. They’ve beat that poor horse to DEATH and it seems like Carver can’t fix what Gamble ruined. Sorry…they really don’t deserve a ninth season. And those of you who liked Season 1 and Season 2…good for you.

47. Dani says:

So the renewal news begins! Now, I won’t be able to rest easy till I hear NIKITA getting a fourth season! Even if they make it the last, I’ll take it because the series deserves it. Yes, it’s arguably underrated, but for a Friday show, it performs well or at par with the other shows the network has lined up for the weekdays.

Syndication or not, Nikita just HAS to be given an early renewal so the writers can come up with some epic, bad-ass cliffhanger finale.

48. Ella says:

Woo hoo, Supernatural!!! #10 seasons and a movie! <3

49. No surprises here, all are doing great wt ratings, Congrats to all ;)
    Now, i’ve got my fingers crossed 4 both Beauy and the Beast & Nikita.. Both are Such great shows with very passionate fans. I’m not too worried about Nikita, since the cancel bear keeps saying its not at risk, .. So yaa, just renew Beauty and the Beast plz CW.
    #RenewBATB <3

50. Naazneen says:

Beauty and the Beast please. This show is my guilty pleasure. Renewal hopes look dismal but if there are TV Gods, PLEASE renew this slow burning gem!