25 Shows You Want Remade or Revived Now!

In honor of Disney Channel’s Boy Meets World sequel, Girl Meets World — and the success of updates like Dallas, Nikita and even The Carrie Diaries — we proposed last month a list of 23 series that deserve continuations or new incarnations.

As is often the case at TVLine, though, our readers filled the comments section with so many intriguing ideas that we couldn’t help creating a little spinoff of our own — call it Remakes and Revivals: The Next Generation, if you will!

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

So click through the gallery below to check out your comrades’ picks, then hit the comments and tell us which ones you’d greenlight!

1. Ana says:

Facts of Life! One of my old time favorites. But no to a remake. Natalie would not make a good house mother. No one can top Mrs. Garrett. Scarecrow and Mrs. King! I loved, loved it! Kate Jackson was fantastic. Life was a good concept and I tried it but couldn’t stand Damon Lewis. The only show I would actually bring back is the West Wing with Sam as the Pres. That was good tv. Thanks Netflix for making it available for streaming!

2. Andy says:

Revival of Kyle XY. Bring everyone back. That series finale cliffhanger was extremely cruel. And it still hurts. And, while I’m at it, who else wants Leverage to come back? Let’s go steal a revival?

3. robinepowell says:

Definitely Veronica Mars. I liked the idea of her working for the FBI. Good show, but unfortunately, it didn’t seem to get the audience it needed.

4. Mark says:

There are lots of shows on the list I loved … and lots I loathed … but that’s not the point. This is the WORST. IDEA. EVER. 80% of reboots or reimaginings pale in comparison … or, worse, tarnish the memories and reputation of the original. Even great revivals wear thin if the same approach and stories just get recycled over and over. New, fresh ideas are what we should be hoping for, not simply re-churning previous ideas, however great they may have been.

Of course, if you’re one of those who liked mindless, vacuous claptrap like Full House or The Facts of Life, you have no taste anyway. But a *redo* of Firefly, Buffy, Wonderfalls? Hands off.

• Mackdazzle says:

I wouldn’t want a redo of Wonderfalls – I would want the original cast bck and pick up where they left off. They were’nt teenagers on the show so I think it do-able!

5. Mac says:

I’d love it if there was a reboot of Traveler. What a great conspiracy show… it was just so poorly mismanaged by ABC. It’s amazing… they actually had Matthew Bomer, Logan Marshall-Green, Viola Davis, and Aaron Stanford on the same show. That’ll never happen again…

6. Alex says:

How on earth did Gilmore Girls not make this list?

7. I would give everything I own to bring Journeyman back, such a good underrated show, ugh.

8. N Cooke says:

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER & ANGEL !!!!!!!

9. Brian says:

Vengeance Unlimited. Another show that was ahead of its time.

10. John says:

Quantum Leap needs to be re-made by Joss Whedon.

11. Christina says:

What about The Unusuals?

• Cindy says:

Which Unusuals? There was one where the cast had “gifts” such as being able to see ghosts. Then there was one with a male and female detective as partners. That one wasn’t bad but I liked the first one better.

12. Tom says:

Gotta be an “Ed” revival! At least work the music issue out so we can have the original on DVD!!!

13. The show Nowhere Man would be a great revival. There is such a distrust of everything today and the men who messed with this guy’s life would work great in 2013

14. Pat says:

Surprised there are only two comments for Gilmore Girls. What a horrible ending for a great series. I’d love to see Luke and Lorelai married with a kid and see Rory as a grownup. Also love to see Journeyman and Veronica Mars. Let’s make these shows happen!

15. GeeMa says:

Some one mentioned Jericho. It was before it’s time, had a great premise, and most of the cast might be available. Also agree with Legend of the Seeker. Even my granddaughter likes it.

16. Dean says:

I’d love to see Clubhouse get another shot, Dean Cain & Christopher Lloyd were terrific on that show and despite only having 11 or so episodes its something I re-watch quite often.

17. G says:

Gross Pointe was way ahead of it’s time and was a classic show that never got the recognition it deserved. Loved it. It could work with a new generation.

18. I lov3 NUMB3RS. AW3SOME SHOW…AND ALSO FLASHPOINT..

19. Faisal says:

FLASHFORWARD!

20. Hannah says:

Yes! A Different World! Only if Whitley and Dwayne are front and center though.

21. Spikenalabama says:

Leverage!!

22. Bob says:

Thank you for putting Firefly in the Number 1 slot. Fox killed this show. Only problem is you have to wait until Castle is over.

23. Cindy says:

Veronica Mars
    Gilmore Girls
    The Chronicle
    Joan of Arcadia
    All with the original casts.

24. BD says:

My So-Called Life

25. Mari says:

The Pretender and Veronica Mars are my all time favorite shows. I miss them so much.

26. ANDY LAWLESS says:

LEGEND OF THE SEEKER

LEGEND OF THE SEEKER
    LEGEND OF THE SEEKER

LEGEND OF THE SEEKER

27. Byl Holte says:

As a work-at-home male, I watch TV all the time and I can’t help but notice how, whenever a child is introduced to a show or on an episode, the child will almost invariably be female. I once tried to count the number of times the word “daughter” was used in a day of watching episodic TV — only to lose count. Can anyone explain the proliferation of the female child over the male on shows that are not specifically geared to women (NCIS, CSI, Criminal Minds and the like). I understand that advertisers want to reach women because they spend the money, but I can’t help but feel there’s something else going on. Any ideas?

28. Kate says:

Homicide — but not a remake. Bring back Andre Braugher, Kyle Secor, Melissa Leo, etc.

Pushing Daisies.

29. Isaiah says:

Human Target is definitely a “Gone too soon” for me. Such a fun show.

30. Nicole says:

I am on the Firefly train only with the original cast. Buffy is one of my favorite all time shows but I don’t see an opening for it back on the small screen. Not without doing a reboot, and there’s no way I am buying a reboot.

One I would add… Dollhouse. I think the show was really interesting and I think there was a lot of story left to tell.

31. Leigh says:

Scarecrow and Mrs. King! Hahahaha, yes!

32. Rosa Villalobos says:

god i used to love life!!!! so good to see that other people did and want it back!

33. Rach says:

Yay! Thanks for the Alias shoutout!

34. Kostas says:

where is legend of the seeker?? You must add it to the list unless you have already decided to renew it :D We need season 3 badly. We are a lot of people crazy with this show please dont let us down

35. Alice says:

Alias (PLEASE DO IT), Flashforward, The Middleman, Gilmore Girls!

36. Mélanie says:

Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars and yes The Secret Circle!!!

37. John says:

I’d like to revive Life On Mars.

38. Jessica says:

Designing Women–just watch a rerun and see how good Jennifer Beals would look as Julia Sugarbaker.

39. Alicia L. says:

Buffy and Veronica Mars would be great for it to come back! Though if they did bring back Buffy they need to get rid of the current storyline from season 8 and 9, which is awful.
    Veronica Mars needs to be back even though Kristen Bell and Tina Marjanio have done well from themselves.

40. zakspeak says:

Fast Forward, Jack & Bobby and many others would make good mini-series.

41. Jay says:

I am throwing in my vote for The Pretender. At least give us the 3rd movie we were promised to wrap things up.

42. Britta Unfiltered says:

Oh, Firefly, who wouldn’t want that back? I’m curious to see them pick up where the movie left off. And Quantum Leap. One of my all-time favorite shows featuring one of my all-time favorite crushes. To this day whenever Scott Bakula makes a guest appearance anywhere, I tee-hee with happiness. Tee-hee. See, I do it even when I’m just thinking about Scott Bakula! However, I would not like a reboot of that. It wouldn’t be the same totally awesome show it was without Bakula. No reason he couldn’t star it in again though. He still looks great for his age. I think he has discovered a fountain of youth. And The Pretender…I always thought that guy was super hot and he had a chemistry with Miss Parker that was only ever matched to me by Carrie and Brody from Homeland.
    Okay, since you brought up The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., I’m going to say I would rather see Jack of All Trades get going again. C’mon, Bruce Campbell as a secret spy in the 19th century living in the Indies, trading barbs with a beautiful British female spy, and doubling as a masked hero called the Daring Dragoon, and fighting against Napoleon as played by Mini-Me from Austin Powers? Doesn’t that sound awesome? That was a great show!

43. My says:

It Takes a Thief!

44. wyldebill says:

WONDERFALLS!!!!!!! LOVED it!

Yes, and Buffy too, IF Joss Whedon’s the showrunner or at least approves all the stories.

45. Alice says:

Kings. It was just so different from everything on. So naturally they killed it. But it was great.

46. wyldebill says:

And among those you didn’t post? Twin Peaks — greatest TV show of all time. Simply had it all, humor, terror, surrealism, family drama, character development and creative inventiveness — and atmosphere — unmatched anywhere.

47. Tmburkard says:

Farscape

48. onlyakb says:

I’d like Buffy back but with som eof the original cast and JW involved otherwise, no thanks!! and I’d enjoy a Alias revival it would be cool to know how are Syd and Vaughn these days ;)!! but no remake, no no no!

49. Extremis says: