Exclusive

Exclusive Revenge First Look: An Emily We've Never Seen Before Begs Aiden 'Don't Go'

When Revenge resumes this Sunday (ABC, 9/8c), one couple will tie the knot while another will struggle to stay together — and we have an exclusive first look at the latter.

In a scene that should serve as the centerpiece of Emily VanCamp‘s Emmy campaign, the undercover lovers are on their last leg after Aiden has learned of his sister’s alleged murder at the hands of The Initiative. Taking his grief out on Emily, the vengeance-seeker decides to go it alone from here on out — but not before hitting his longtime companion where it hurts one last time.

RELATED | Explosive Revenge Promo: Jack and Amanda’s Honeymoon Turns Deadly! Is Emily to Blame?

Press PLAY below to watch the emotional encounter unfold, then hit the comments: Will Emily be able to recover from this latest heartbreak?

Loading video...
TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Video

1. Valerie says:

Ugh, I loathe Aiden. He makes me not even want to watch this show anymore.

• Belle says:

So DISAGREE…Aiden is awesome, love to hear him talk and love his need/desire to rescue his sister – he has heart and Emily and he make an awesome team and couple :)

• Aiden, to me, is not good enough for Emily. He’s gullible and a bit naive. Last episode he just takes the bad guys at face value. I still don’t trust that video he saw. Who’s to say that that didn’t happen years ago and they kept the video for just the purpose of using Aiden for later, or that it’s all a huge set up to make him think they killed her but in reality they recruited her to join them. He doesn’t ask any questions about the supposed evidence! Or that could easily have not be his sister at all, just a person who looks like her. These guys are not above manipulation obviously and using people’s emotions and weaknesses against them so for this reason I just think Aiden deserves to be alone and get everything he gets for being so stupid. Poor Emily though for losing another man in her life, at least she’ll always have Nolan, but at this rate she’s going to never give her heart to someone again!

• Lindsey says:

Aiden is cracking under pressure just as Jack is gaining his confidence and insight. This is when Emily and Jack will reconnect somehow and collaborate as the unexpected underdogs. just you wait!

2. bigdede says:

Please get this show back to the way it’s suppose to be. There was no need for Aiden.

• iMember says:

The show is going back to the way it used to be. Mike Kelley has already confirmed this. He’s heard the audience and he’s listening.

• MaryAnn says:

Was this in an interview? Would love to read it if it was! If not, could you please tell us what he plans to bring back? Not sure exactly what would be included under this heading.

• Sandra Hamilton says:

Then let us hope they get rid of the dreadful Ashley and Padma.

• kim says:

have to agree. Nolan will always stick by emily regardless. now its time for her to realise that they can do together as the initiative are obviously targetting Nolan as well.

• Deme says:

There’s a reason the past is called the past.

• maxsnafu says:

There was not need for the Initiative or about two thirds of the bewildering sub-plots that have been stuffed down our throats. This show was good when it was about Emily’s revenge. The rest is a distraction.

3. jax1341 says:

I completely disagree with the earlier posts – Keep Aiden and get rid of sad sack Daniel.

4. Sasha says:

I love Aiden!

5. Josh says:

Emily thorne should NOT beggin stupid Aiden for anything! Screw him!

6. Woah Ems… I feel you! My advice – NOLAN! GO. NOW! He’s ALWAYS there for you hello! For Revenge’s sake please don’t end up with Jackass!

• Still pretty sure her and Nolan are related somehow. The creators have said over and over that they have more of a family/friend relationship. I like it that way

• moobear says:

Well Ems, Nolan, and crazy mum have all gone from brunette’ish to blonde so I could see that happening, but strange enough I’ve gone from wanting them to be related to being more of a shipper. Though when it comes down to it, I really don’t care what they do, as long as we get more Nolan and they keep giving the wardrobe department free range.

7. Lau326 says:

Keeeeeeeeeep Aiden…. Why do people like stupid spoiled wrong brats like Daniel….

8. Honestly I don’t like any of the guys except Jack and I don’t even want her with Jack because he is a nice person and it would destroy him to find out about her and fauxmanda lying. I’m sure he will eventually anyway but even so…

9. Nan says:

TOSS
    Jack = Too nice and boring…Yawn!
    Daniel = Spoiled Rich, Power-Hungry guy
    KEEP
    Aiden = Decent enough, Long History with Em, reason for Revenge himself
    Nolan = Best Friend, Confidant Only

• Coop says:

Finally someone speaks some sense…

• LaRoice says:

Coop, I was just about to say the same thing. Nan’s post is the only one that makes sense. Emily has become a new woman after her training and the knowledge she has gained and Aiden is her equal, while none of the other guys are. On a side note I can see Aiden slipping up due to jealosy, which would keep the show interesting.

• Deme says:

That’s it. Aiden brings the drama like the other 2 romantic options can’t. You simply don’t know what he will do in any given situation. The other 2 will follow Ems no questions asked which leaves little room for excitement and anticipation.

• Deme says:

What she said.

10. miss o'ginny says:

That accent kills me every time…..the man could recite a phonebook in Mandarin and still have the same effect….

11. Coop says:

Aiden has brought more substance to Emily and her vendetta, he is needed…I think he works better than Jack – can you say snooze fest? Even before Faux Emily he was a wet noodle (Sorry Jack lovers). Aiden has purpose, Nolan is her BFF. I do like Daniel a little more this season, was too wimpy last year. I think Jack dies on the Amanda, his wedding tux matches the arm we saw in the first episode of this season. Won’t that drive Emily even more in the future – now she’ll have to right 2 deaths…one at her hands, and the other at the Grayson’s.

12. Maria says:

Aiden’s the one person besides Nolan who is on Emily’s emotional level. She needs a man in utter control of himself which is why I approve of the two together as opposed to Emily/Daniel. Daniel’s incapable of forming any decisions for himself. He relies on others in order to move forward in whatever task he’s willing to accomplish. I feel like Daniel holds Emily back from her true agenda, so I’m perfectly ok with the two being separated for as long as possible.

• Alichat says:

Yeah, but I don’t think Aiden is in utter control of himself. I think he’s a loose cannon. He has bigger trust issues than she does. She needs someone she can trust will have the same focus as she does, and Aiden doesn’t. He says he does, and maybe he likes to think that he does, but he doesn’t.

• kimh297 says:

she has had three guys within the equivalent of 18 mths that she has “Strong” feelings for. Just a tad fickle I think. Aiden has already dumped her previously to go off and do his thing so I’d don’t think he could really be considered a life long partner. There is suggestion Aiden and Ashley have a connection of some sort which would mean he is ultimately lying to her. Don’t see why she has to have a love interest. Nolan may be a friend but has done more for her than Aiden or Daniel.

• Santana says:

I think Aiden’s character brought in unnecessary complications, though this season has been full of those… so I’ve never really liked him. I feel like his presence has also made for less scenes with Emily and Nolan, and those two are awesome together. And Emily will probably not end up with Daniel as their relationship is so murky and weird, you never know what her actual feelings towards him are, though they do have some chemistry since they are dating in real life. I just really want them to get back to the basics with this show. If they get rid of anyone, let it be Padma, the Initiative, and these impossible to follow plot lines where nothing that happened last week seems to matter anymore this week. Bring back Emily verses The Greysons and everyone who brought her father down please.

13. marin says:

I really hope that Jack dies! He is SOOOOOO booooring! I FF hrough all his scenes.
    I like Emily with Aiden, with him she can be honest. I also like Daniel with Emily, otherwise I dont really like him, so I want her and Emily have smth and maybe make Aiden jealous???
    I love Mily and Nolan as besties, more of them pleaaaase!

14. kavyn says:

I hate Aiden, Daniel and Jack, what does that make me?

15. Amy says:

I’m Team Daniel but even that made me sad :(

16. tweet says:

Oh my god I hate Daniel. He is too boring. You better keep Aid. There is no chemistry between Em and Daniel at all, but I could see it between these 2.

17. lynda says:

I love nolan he is such like a big brother! jack is too clueless! daniel is too damn spoiled! aiden, I think has his own secret agenda against emily.

18. I have not like the show since aiden showed up. It is not just him. The storyline has gotten boring. Might stop watching. Last season it was my favorite show

19. Mellise says:

Jack has already gone down what seems to be a path you can’t come back from… Daniel has his own agenda…Aiden pissed me off with his quick “switch” from trusting to completely loose.
    I know Nolan is just a friend but man, I would love them as a couple!

20. Megan Garcia says:

I like all of the characters aside from Ashley…I just don’t like her!!!! I feel bad for Nolan that Padma is with the initiative :( I really like Emily and Aidan together…. I thought Emily and Daniel went together up until this season when I saw her with Aidan..That’s who she should be with.. I think she will always have a thing for Jack since they were childhood sweethearts, but she will never tell him who she really is..I hope he doesn’t find out either…If he’s happy with Amanda then he’s happy…Don’t ruin that because he’ll never be able to be with Emily after that anyway.

• Sandra Hamilton says:

MEGAN GARCIA::: Oh my giddy goodness, someone else who doesn’t like the awful Ashley!!! I hate everything about her, her voice, fake upper English accent, face, clothes, skinny body to the point of malnutirtion, just everything about her. Padma is no better. I just don’t know why they both need to be in the show at all. And why for goodness sakes did Nolan trust Padma without checking up on her???

• Shay says:

Amen to that! Send both packing…and please take “Fauxmanda” with them!!!!! There are tooo many annoying and unnecessary females on this show. Just give their airtime (and wardrobe allowance….) to Nolan!!!!

21. Ashley says:

As much as I want Emily with Jack and now as much as I adore Aiden; it still doesn’t take the place of Emily and Daniel. They belong together; I love them together. Nolan, I absolutely love him too!!!!! Revenge is the best show; I had given up on tv shows but now I’ve found one I can’t live without!!!

22. Lala says:

I would love to see Jack go with the real Amanda!

23. Lynda says:

I think Aiden is great, and as for Daniel, he went off with awful Ashley and now thinks Emily should take him back, I don’t think so, I hope she teaches him a lesson or 2.
    Jack was good but now he’s a wet blanket, and I really hope something nasty happens to Padma or is she being blackmailed?

24. Natalie says:

Am I the only one who actually likes Daniel…?

25. Mayam says:

Aiden can die for all I care. He serves no purpose to the show. I don’t care about his character at all. He is not needed! Mike Kelly please kill him off!

26. Amanda says:

Still liking this show. Favorites are Emily, Victoria and Nolan. The rest….they have good weeks and bad weeks.

27. Denise tan says:

Keep Aiden, get rid of Daniel….

28. Amy B says:

Aiden is about as interesting as my taco wrapper. Boring and moody are never a good combination. Get back to the Jack/Daniel/Emily triangle. You have to admit–they sizzle.

• MaryAnn says:

A definite yes to that. Aiden is simply not needed in the story line.

• Deme says:

Nah! Can’t admit that. That original triangle was about as interesting as your taco wrapper. Too hapless boys completely clueless they’re being duped. What a snoozefest.

29. Deme says:

He’ll be back.

30. mia says:

I really like Aidan and I like him and Emily together. They just understand each other so well and they’ve been through so much. I’d like to see them be happy together. The foundation for trust is there – they’re just so used to distrust.

31. mia says:

And I really like Jack and Fauxmanda. They work really well together and they are the same kind of people. I think they have a chance for genuine happiness there

32. Jacqui says:

Aidan ugh wish they would take him out the show.Jack the coolest

33. Sandra Hamilton says:

Why do people keep wanting Emily and Jack together just because they were friends when kids?

34. Anette says:

I LOVE Aiden´s character, on the other hand I strongly DISLIKE Jack Porter … it seems to me so …. out of this world, naive, unrealistic …. I expected Emily would fall for Aiden honestly ….

35. Elo says:

I really hope Aiden will come back. I can see he’s even more hurt because now he knows his sister is dead, there is no hope for her to come back, it was what made him continue and I can totally understand that.
    The thing everyone want is for him to suddenly come back to Emily hug her and finally think “Oh you’re so right and I’ll just forget about my sister I love you” and all the lovey dovey stuff. But be realistic a little, he’s going to leave and sort out his feelings and then he’ll come back to Emily, it’s better this way, than him being with her and just being a time bomb finally exploded and then hurt her even more.
    I really hope Emily will end up with him, they make more sense than Emily and Jack (even if I shipped them pretty hardcore in the 1st season) or Daniel and Emily.
    I really dislike Daniel, I really don’t want her to be with him the more he’s on my screen the more I despise him. And it’s not even a shipper thing, I didn’t really care for the character in the first season but his transformation into a worse mix of Victoria and Conrad kind of made me dislike him. He wants to be Better than his parents but at the end I’m pretty sure he’ll be worse.

• Misty says:

^^^ THIS!

• Deme says:

Are you a mindreader?. My thoughts exactly. Aiden’s actions and emotional responses are completely on point. I believe things will work out just like you stated. ICAM about Daniel. That character bugged me S1 and things haven’t gotten better in S2.

36. Holly says:

What I really want to know is why there has been no follow-up to the David clarke revelation from the judge’s wife at that fundraiser…

37. Ally Oop says:

Aiden is a much UN-NEEDED character. Emily had enough team players and Aiden just took away what was the best part of Season 1–the pairi-up of Nolan and Emily, plus even Fauxmanda has been relegated to a useless character.

38. aine says:

I love Daniel. Aiden and Jack ok. Revenge is da best tv show ever

39. MariaSanchez says:

good, can’t stand him just because he always hugs from behind and its weird.

40. Barbs says:

What is the initiative and what is it’s purpose?
    Revenge was so good in the first season and since then the storyline is
    stupid and annoying to watch. What are the writers thinking?
    And please ask Emily to speak louder! We are losing our patience with all this
    nonsense!

41. Amy says:

Blech, never cared for Aiden or the whole initiative story, especially the initiative lady (so cheesy). Love everything else about the show though and look at Emily ~ even upset, she looks good. LOVE this clip, really shows her vulnerable side and she looks HOT in Kim Lee Ozawa’s earrings!

42. Amrita says:

If they want the show to go on for more than 3 seasons then of course they need more sub plots and new characters. Otherwise, once the Graysons are taken down by Emily what then? The whole show is based on “revenge”. And since when was being a good and decent guy boring? Jack is made for her, you could tell at Jack’s wedding that she still has feelings for him, otherwise why keep the silly ring and cry? Daniel does show signs that he loves her and probably once did (when he asked her to go to Paris) but I see traits of his father in him, and a lot of ambition which would probably rule over his love for Emily. But I am sure he does love her, because he wanted to distance himself from her to protect her from Helen Crowley. Nolan is never going to be a love interest for her, he’s more like a protective brother than anything else. I don’t even know why people keep assuming this? You can so tell they are more like siblings and BFF’s than anything else. I actually do like Padma with Nolan. You can tell she likes him too but is being blackmailed just like Aiden was with his sister. I don’t think Padma is bad and I salute her for being honest with Nolan about the initiative’s plan.
    Aiden I think is a good match for her but I know he isn’t going to stick around. Just a feeling I have. When it comes to their own “revenge”. They are both selfish and I think if Aiden’s sister is alive or if there is another mission Aiden will desert Emily like he did before. I do think they look great together, and he does know her past more than any of the other potentials. But she belongs with Jack in the end.

43. Bea says:

I can only understand about every third word that come out of Aidan’s mouth. He is so miscast and dull and his character is inconsistent and not believable. He does not come across as the “tough guy” nor as a romantic interest. I feel no sympathy for his character nor do I detect an ounce of chemistry between Emily and him. I am glad to hear the show is getting away from muddled new characters and the stupid “Initiative” gang. Please. As a viewer I feel insulted. The first season was incredible, the second season started out just as badly, but there seems to be a bit of momentum now. Nolan and Emily have the best chemistry on the show…more emphasis should be placed on why Emily is there in the first place and the inane subplots should just stop. They are boring and too melodramatic and confusing. I almost gave up on this show, as did a lot of people I know. I am giving it one more season and I hope it gets back to its original level of excellence.