Pilot Scoop: Breaking Bad's Jonathan Banks Joins NBC Pulp Action Thriller Bloodline

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Jonathan Banks hatBreaking Bad‘s Jonathan Banks has joined the cast of NBC’s pulpy drama pilot Bloodline.

Banks will play Leo Killpriest, the patriarch of an ancient line of killers, in the Kill Bill-esque stylized drama.

Bloodline follows an orphaned girl named Bird Benson who’s caught between two families of murderers and mercenaries. In order to eventually have a normal life, Bird learns, she must defeat her mother via mortal combat.

Banks’ powerful character, the head of one of the families, is worried that the last remaining members of his bloodline will be wiped off the earth because they’ve lost touch with the old ways. To reunite what’s left of his family, the highly dangerous Leo is building an army.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Bloodline is written by David Graziano (Awake) and produced by Friday Night Lights Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey. Berg will direct the pilot.

In addition to playing Breaking Bad‘s meth legman Mike, Banks’ lengthy TV resumé includes WiseguyVegas, Modern FamilyParks and Recreation and Body of Proof.

Comments (16)

• Sounds very refreshing and different!
    I don’t know how they’ll span it over multiple seasons, but I’m excited to see.

Comment by Kaycee – February 8, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Breaking Bad gang is just racking up new jobs. Bryan, Anna, Jonathan, Betsy. They all have new shows lined up. Did I miss someone? I’m still really sad, though, BB is ending. Well, I’m not really sad the show itself is ending. It’s had a great run and it’s definitely time to give us fans a closing to this saga after 5 years (I hate when shows just drag on past their prime, and I think BB is ending just at the right time). But I do worry this ending is going to feel rushed with just 8 episodes. I hope there is enough finality – unrushed- to appropriately bring the show to a close.

Comment by Cool ... Cool Cool Cool – February 8, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aaron Paul (Jesse) is going to star in a film adaptation of the book ‘A Long Way Down’ and will be the star of an HBO show.

Comment by Marco – February 9, 2013 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you missed dean norris who I read somewhere is going to be in a pilot (nbc?) and aaron paul who will be in an hbo show can’t wait to see all

Comment by Brandon Lillis – February 9, 2013 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, I’m almost 100% sure I read somewhere that the people producing the show Aaron was going to do on HBO decided to go with someone else, so Aaron actually isn’t doing that anymore. And I may be wrong about this, but the pilot with Dean, are they holding off on that because I thought he was offered it before Dean knew season 5 was being split up and he asked Vince to kill him off in part 1 of season 5 so he could go shoot his pilot, but Vince wouldn’t let him go. Did the producers of that pilot wait until Dean was done shooting because they really wanted him, or did they go with someone else?

Comment by Cool ... Cool Cool Cool – February 9, 2013 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Jonathan Banks so will be watching this! Very excited.

Comment by Claudia – February 9, 2013 12:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was watching an old Pryor/Wilder movie the other day & recognized Banks immediately…looks the same!

Comment by Sara – February 9, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for finally talking about >Bloodline Pilot – NBC Casts Breaking Bads Jonathan Banks –
    TVLine <Liked it!

Comment by Mobile Auto Repair San Diego – February 9, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sure this piece of writing has touched all the internet visitors,
    its really really good piece of writing on building up new blog.

Comment by Top 10 product reviews – February 18, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great info. Lucky me I discovered your blog by accident (stumbleupon).

I have book marked it for later!

Comment by herbal oil for hair loss – February 25, 2013 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
    It’s on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!

Comment by spoken english grammar lessons – February 26, 2013 04:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will immediately take hold of your rss as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Please permit me realize in order that I may

Comment by make wine gift bag fabric – March 11, 2013 01:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep on working, great job!

Comment by causes of acid reflux esophagus – April 9, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched this pilot while I was in Vegas, I truly enjoyed it, it was like kill bill, Bird was a great character. I can’t wait to see the next episode, will she get her mom, is that her dad? Hurry up NBC. TV NEEDS THIS

Comment by mychal – April 18, 2013 12:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • magnificent put up, very informative. I wonder why the opposite specialists
    of this sector do not realize this. You should continue your writing.
    I am confident, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!

Comment by cherry brown gaming keyboard – May 2, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the perfect web site for everyone who wants to find out about this topic.
    You understand so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I really will need to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a fresh spin on a topic that’s been discussed for decades. Great stuff, just wonderful!

Comment by gaming keyboard vs gamepad – July 24, 2013 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post