Pilot Scoop: Breaking Bad's Jonathan Banks Joins NBC Pulp Action Thriller Bloodline

Jonathan Banks hatBreaking Bad‘s Jonathan Banks has joined the cast of NBC’s pulpy drama pilot Bloodline.

Banks will play Leo Killpriest, the patriarch of an ancient line of killers, in the Kill Bill-esque stylized drama.

Bloodline follows an orphaned girl named Bird Benson who’s caught between two families of murderers and mercenaries. In order to eventually have a normal life, Bird learns, she must defeat her mother via mortal combat.

Banks’ powerful character, the head of one of the families, is worried that the last remaining members of his bloodline will be wiped off the earth because they’ve lost touch with the old ways. To reunite what’s left of his family, the highly dangerous Leo is building an army.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Bloodline is written by David Graziano (Awake) and produced by Friday Night Lights Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey. Berg will direct the pilot.

In addition to playing Breaking Bad‘s meth legman Mike, Banks’ lengthy TV resumé includes WiseguyVegas, Modern FamilyParks and Recreation and Body of Proof.

1. Kaycee says:

Sounds very refreshing and different!
    I don’t know how they’ll span it over multiple seasons, but I’m excited to see.

2. Cool ... Cool Cool Cool says:

The Breaking Bad gang is just racking up new jobs. Bryan, Anna, Jonathan, Betsy. They all have new shows lined up. Did I miss someone? I’m still really sad, though, BB is ending. Well, I’m not really sad the show itself is ending. It’s had a great run and it’s definitely time to give us fans a closing to this saga after 5 years (I hate when shows just drag on past their prime, and I think BB is ending just at the right time). But I do worry this ending is going to feel rushed with just 8 episodes. I hope there is enough finality – unrushed- to appropriately bring the show to a close.

• Marco says:

Aaron Paul (Jesse) is going to star in a film adaptation of the book ‘A Long Way Down’ and will be the star of an HBO show.

3. you missed dean norris who I read somewhere is going to be in a pilot (nbc?) and aaron paul who will be in an hbo show can’t wait to see all

• Cool ... Cool Cool Cool says:

Actually, I’m almost 100% sure I read somewhere that the people producing the show Aaron was going to do on HBO decided to go with someone else, so Aaron actually isn’t doing that anymore. And I may be wrong about this, but the pilot with Dean, are they holding off on that because I thought he was offered it before Dean knew season 5 was being split up and he asked Vince to kill him off in part 1 of season 5 so he could go shoot his pilot, but Vince wouldn’t let him go. Did the producers of that pilot wait until Dean was done shooting because they really wanted him, or did they go with someone else?

4. Claudia says:

I LOVE Jonathan Banks so will be watching this! Very excited.

5. Sara says:

I was watching an old Pryor/Wilder movie the other day & recognized Banks immediately…looks the same!

6. Thanks for finally talking about >Bloodline Pilot – NBC Casts Breaking Bads Jonathan Banks –
    TVLine <Liked it!

7. I am sure this piece of writing has touched all the internet visitors,
    its really really good piece of writing on building up new blog.

8. Great info. Lucky me I discovered your blog by accident (stumbleupon).

I have book marked it for later!

9. Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
    It’s on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!

10. I will immediately take hold of your rss as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Please permit me realize in order that I may

11. mychal says:

I watched this pilot while I was in Vegas, I truly enjoyed it, it was like kill bill, Bird was a great character. I can’t wait to see the next episode, will she get her mom, is that her dad? Hurry up NBC. TV NEEDS THIS

12. magnificent put up, very informative. I wonder why the opposite specialists
    of this sector do not realize this. You should continue your writing.
    I am confident, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!

13. This is the perfect web site for everyone who wants to find out about this topic.
    You understand so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I really will need to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a fresh spin on a topic that’s been discussed for decades. Great stuff, just wonderful!

14. Heya! I know this is kind of off-topic however I needed to
    ask. Doess operating a well-established
    blog such as yours require a lot of work? I amm completely new to blogging
    however I ddo write in my diary every day. I’d like
    to start a blog so I will be ale to share my personal experience and feelings online.
    Please let me knopw if you have any ideas or tips for new aspiring bloggers.

Thankyou!