Exclusive Video: The Following's Trio Previews a Big Twist in an Already Twisted Love Triangle

Get More: Exclusive, Video

The cat-and-mouse game between Ryan Hardy and Joe Carroll may be the core of Fox’s new hit The Following (Mondays, 9/8c), but what we can’t get enough of is the cult drama’s scene-stealing trio of acolytes — and the twisted love triangle a-brewin’ among them.

See, Emma (played by Valorie Curry) is the ringleader of Carroll’s merry band of followers, which currently consists of her boyfriend Jacob (Nico Tortorella) and his “boyfriend” Paul (Adan Canto). (Told you it was twisted!)

RELATED | The Following‘s Valorie Curry Dissects Emma’s ‘Misplaced’ Love of Joe Carroll

Press PLAY below to watch the three actors dissect the unusual dynamic their characters share — plus get a preview of what’s next. As Tortorella teases: “When you have three sadistic, cult-serial killers living in a house together, one thing’s bound to lead to the next.”

Comments (26)

• The short haired chick with the weirdly skinny neck is really annoying. I hope she isn’t on the show much longer.

Comment by Matt – February 6, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are joking, right?

Comment by iMember – February 6, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What about that comment seems joke like to you? If you disagree, that’s fine. Say so. I tend to agree with Matt about her being annoying but not that I would like her off the show. She just needs to be knocked down a peg or two.

Comment by tripoli – February 6, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew that something sexual had developed between Jacob & Paul – and I hope it really p**ses Emma off! I can’t stand her! She acts like she is running the whole master plan. What Matt said – she is horribly annoying and I would love for them to get rid of her.

Comment by Dave – February 6, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If Emma is annoying, then good for her for being a great actress!

Comment by Sandy – February 6, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are totally right, Sandy, she is a great actress for making me hate her character so much!

Comment by Dave – February 6, 2013 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly! Same with April Kepner on Grey’s. They’re actresses playing a part and if they’re annoying you, that’s what they’re supposed to be doing.

Comment by bryceradick – February 7, 2013 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the triangle the most. Although they are very disturbed, you can’t help but watch and wonder what they will do next. I love that it’s not a gay/straight thing. It’s all born out of their following of Joe and now because of that they are in this situation with real feelings. The only thing that the little boy has going for him is that Joe doesn’t want him dead. Otherwise I would be too scared to watch.

Comment by Paige – February 6, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like there’s no one on the show lower than Emma, I hate her. Although after Jacob kidnapped that girl from the store, I’m not sure I can root against her – she was right, he went into town and went overboard.

Comment by Rachel – February 6, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since all three are series regulars, I don’t think any one of them will be going anywhere any time soon, which is good, because they are my favorite part of the show, which is already a masterpiece! I’m so glad Fox took a risk on this one.

Comment by SJ – February 6, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew something happened with Paul and Jacob. You spend that long pretending to be a couple your going to develop feelings for each other.

Comment by Shannika – February 6, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emma and Paul. I’m calling it now.

Comment by Emily – February 6, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emma is a bit annoying but without her I don’t think they would seem as dangerous. She definately adds an uneasy feeling to the show. You’ve got a real hit on your hands FOX. I hope there are many seasons to come.

Comment by Dave Harmon – February 6, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You said it all. I’m really loving this show

Comment by Patricia – February 6, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i looove this part of the show! so complex and unpredictable!

Comment by omabin – February 6, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emma needs to go.

Comment by ABC – February 6, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say kill off Emma or have her get caught and then the two guys take off with the kid… oh and the girl… then Emma escapes and goes frickin nuts!! Just don’t kill off the guys!!

Comment by DC – February 6, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whatever they do… they better not kill off Paul or Jacob… those two rock! Paul especially!

Comment by DC – February 6, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Paul and Jacob storyline is so interesting to me. I want to see more of them.

Comment by F – February 6, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d rather them go full steam ahead with Jacob and Paul, but I’m guessing they’ll end up in a threesome.

Comment by A – February 7, 2013 02:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Paul is the hottest thing ever.

Comment by sleeplessghost – February 7, 2013 02:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know , omg I’m melting everytime he passes on my screen.

Comment by Bill – February 7, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That scene when she just stab her mother senseless was freakin creepy.
    Also quit the threesome, John and Paul are awesome , Emma somewhere in the basement.

Comment by Bill – February 7, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When Emma finds out about Paul and Jacob is when it’s going to get real bad real fast. She scares me more than Joe!! But, I think Jacob will take her down a peg or two seeing how he seems to be the one who is about to forget Joe’s plan and just go on a rampage!!

Comment by ThredsonLives – February 7, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oops!! I meant Paul will go on the rampage!! Lol! I mixed up the boys!! Paul seems like he is willing to forget Joe’s plan and I hope he gets Emma before she gets him!!

Comment by ThredsonLives – February 7, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emma needs to go, so Jacob and Paul can be together!!!!

Comment by Mikael – February 11, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post