Exclusive

Exclusive Video: The Following's Trio Previews a Big Twist in an Already Twisted Love Triangle

The cat-and-mouse game between Ryan Hardy and Joe Carroll may be the core of Fox’s new hit The Following (Mondays, 9/8c), but what we can’t get enough of is the cult drama’s scene-stealing trio of acolytes — and the twisted love triangle a-brewin’ among them.

See, Emma (played by Valorie Curry) is the ringleader of Carroll’s merry band of followers, which currently consists of her boyfriend Jacob (Nico Tortorella) and his “boyfriend” Paul (Adan Canto). (Told you it was twisted!)

RELATED | The Following‘s Valorie Curry Dissects Emma’s ‘Misplaced’ Love of Joe Carroll

Press PLAY below to watch the three actors dissect the unusual dynamic their characters share — plus get a preview of what’s next. As Tortorella teases: “When you have three sadistic, cult-serial killers living in a house together, one thing’s bound to lead to the next.”

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Video

1. Matt says:

The short haired chick with the weirdly skinny neck is really annoying. I hope she isn’t on the show much longer.

• iMember says:

You are joking, right?

• tripoli says:

What about that comment seems joke like to you? If you disagree, that’s fine. Say so. I tend to agree with Matt about her being annoying but not that I would like her off the show. She just needs to be knocked down a peg or two.

2. Dave says:

I knew that something sexual had developed between Jacob & Paul – and I hope it really p**ses Emma off! I can’t stand her! She acts like she is running the whole master plan. What Matt said – she is horribly annoying and I would love for them to get rid of her.

3. Paige says:

I love the triangle the most. Although they are very disturbed, you can’t help but watch and wonder what they will do next. I love that it’s not a gay/straight thing. It’s all born out of their following of Joe and now because of that they are in this situation with real feelings. The only thing that the little boy has going for him is that Joe doesn’t want him dead. Otherwise I would be too scared to watch.

4. Rachel says:

I feel like there’s no one on the show lower than Emma, I hate her. Although after Jacob kidnapped that girl from the store, I’m not sure I can root against her – she was right, he went into town and went overboard.

5. SJ says:

Since all three are series regulars, I don’t think any one of them will be going anywhere any time soon, which is good, because they are my favorite part of the show, which is already a masterpiece! I’m so glad Fox took a risk on this one.

6. Shannika says:

I knew something happened with Paul and Jacob. You spend that long pretending to be a couple your going to develop feelings for each other.

7. Emily says:

Emma and Paul. I’m calling it now.

8. Dave Harmon says:

Emma is a bit annoying but without her I don’t think they would seem as dangerous. She definately adds an uneasy feeling to the show. You’ve got a real hit on your hands FOX. I hope there are many seasons to come.

9. omabin says:

i looove this part of the show! so complex and unpredictable!

10. ABC says:

Emma needs to go.

11. DC says:

I say kill off Emma or have her get caught and then the two guys take off with the kid… oh and the girl… then Emma escapes and goes frickin nuts!! Just don’t kill off the guys!!

12. DC says:

Whatever they do… they better not kill off Paul or Jacob… those two rock! Paul especially!

13. F says:

The Paul and Jacob storyline is so interesting to me. I want to see more of them.

14. A says:

I’d rather them go full steam ahead with Jacob and Paul, but I’m guessing they’ll end up in a threesome.

15. sleeplessghost says:

Paul is the hottest thing ever.

16. Bill says:

That scene when she just stab her mother senseless was freakin creepy.
    Also quit the threesome, John and Paul are awesome , Emma somewhere in the basement.

17. ThredsonLives says:

When Emma finds out about Paul and Jacob is when it’s going to get real bad real fast. She scares me more than Joe!! But, I think Jacob will take her down a peg or two seeing how he seems to be the one who is about to forget Joe’s plan and just go on a rampage!!

• ThredsonLives says:

Oops!! I meant Paul will go on the rampage!! Lol! I mixed up the boys!! Paul seems like he is willing to forget Joe’s plan and I hope he gets Emma before she gets him!!

18. Mikael says:

Emma needs to go, so Jacob and Paul can be together!!!!