Grey's Anatomy Sneak Peek: Which Guy Should Be 'The Face of Seattle Grace'?

JUSTIN CHAMBERS, JESSE WILLIAMSGentlemen, start your smizing.

This Thursday on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy, as the hospital goes through its “transition,” there’s a need for a new “Face of Seattle Grace” — or as Karev puts it, a “show pony” to get plastered on brochures and what not.

RELATED | Grey’s Finale Exclusive: No [Spoiler] This Year! Plus, Vote For Your Fave Season-Ender

In Jackson’s corner for this bout is Stephanie, who knows her guy has the Avery name on his side. Plus his looks.

Alex meanwhile has Jo pulling for him, whipping bananas out of unexpected places to improve his diet and believing/hoping the program he shepherded for the kids in Africa will give him an edge.

RELATED | Grey’s Newbie Camilla Luddington Endorses Alex-Jo Romance: ‘I Hope I’m the One For Him’

What do Mer and Cristina think of it all? Press PLAY here to find out, then cast your vote in Comments for the Face of Seattle Grace.

Loading video...

1. katy917 says:

Character-wise, I’ve been a fan of Alex since s1 and Jackson is meh – but looks wise, Jackson slightly pips him to the post.

2. marge says:

Ugh I am so over the interns (when they are shown in a non-surgical/medical capacity). GO AWAY, JO! and Stephanie for that matter.

• ben says:

It feels to me like people come on TVLine and say they don’t like ANY new character on Grey’s, no matter what.

• marge says:

it’s not “any new character”, it’s these insignificant interns. I liked Lexie, Owen, and Arizona when they came on board. Callie, who was a new character herself back in season 2, is my favorite. But these kids just take up too much story-time. That’s not to say I don’t like intern Shane or intern Heather or even the other one, because when they are used it’s usually only for surgeries and our docs teaching them. Not this non-chemistry filled romantic drivel.

3. Linzy says:

Alex!!! He has always been my favorite, and he’s defintely easy on the eyes ;)

4. English says:

Jackson is too beautiful, oddly enough, and may look like a hired model. If the hospital is looking for a relatable face they should go with Alex. The fact that he works with kids and has been there since his intern days will help with credibility as well.

5. bluefairy says:

Why does it have to be a guy? And why those two? I’d vote for Callie Torres, Bailey, Cristina or Derek (in that order). Alex and Jackson would be my last picks. They’re not even big, badass surgeons, plus Alex is (still) kinda jerky and Jackson may be hot, but he’s an Avery and if they brag about him they’d be accused of nepotism. He’s not yet a big name himself, so he’s still in his grandpa’s shadow.

6. Alice says:

God I love Cristina.

7. TB120 says:

They may be trying to have the “face” of the hospital not be one directly involved in the crash. I vote Bailey!!

8. CJ says:

Without a doubt Alex would be the more deserving choice. He’s done way more for SGMW than Jackson ever has. He was featured in that documentary a few season ago where it showed him growing a trachea in a lab to save a little girl’s life. He started the African Peds exchange program. He finished first in his surgical residency class and has been at this hospital since day 1 of his internship. He is also handsome. Jackson hasn’t accomplished a single thing or done anything to garner SGMW publicity. He carries a name that he hasn’t done justice to either. He’s a flop who last season was still screwing up surgeries.

• Sara says:

Totally agree! Alex has brought and accomplished so much to Seattle Grace! If someone has to be the face of the hospital, it deserves to be him.

9. forwarddad says:

Yikes CJ you know these are just TV characters right?

10. Rose says:

I’m in the minority here but I’ve never thought that Jackson was all that handsome. And what is with this sentiment that Alex isn’t good looking? There’s a reason he has been the resident “man-whore” since his intern days.

11. N says:

Patrick! HA!

12. Ali says:

If the company that buys Seattle Grace is named “Centurion Health Care” then put Kevin McKidd back in his ROME duds and plaster him on all the brochures. He was just drool-worthy in his Vorenus battle getup. God I miss that show. Love me some Owen, but I MISS Vorenus (and Pullo too.)

13. Gail says:

Webber. His face says experience and is pleasant without the sex appeal

14. Natasha says:

Zola – she’s one of the children brought over from Africa that the hospital helped. I think there’ll be a push for her to be the ‘face’. I don’t think MerDer will go for it though.

15. Mitholas says:

Hasn’t Grey’s already kind of done this storyline?

• Faith says:

Yes they have. Webber wanted to put Derek on billboards and Meredith talked him out of it by saying she’d never go to a hospital that put its doctors on billboards.

16. m says:

Alex all th way

17. MC Maine says:

Both Alex and Jackson are red herrings. They’re going to want to put Meredith up there and push her local-girl connections.

18. brenda says:

Alex for sure he is hot and still relatable to the common folk.