Pilot Scoop: Ellie Kemper Officially Signs On to Star in NBC's Brenda Forever

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Brenda Forever PilotEllie Kemper hasn’t even closed The Office door behind her, and she’s already lined up a new gig at NBC.

Confirming a move that was rumored last month, the Bridesmaids star will play the lead in Brenda Forever, a Peacock Net single-camera comedy pilot.

The project is written and executive produced by Andrew Leeds (Bones‘ Pelant) and David Lampson (This One Time With Julia).

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers and Who’s in Them

The potential series would consist of stories from Brenda Miller’s past and present, which would mesh together to give a unique portrait of how a chubby, awkward but incredibly confident 13-year-old grew up to be a 31-year-old woman who still does her own thing.

Comments (9)

• all im gonna say is i dont think its a coincidence that ellie kemper’s role on the office escalated dramatically over 4 seasons on the Office. she’s clearly got some kind of it-factor, and it’s only a matter of time before she finds her niche.

Comment by cjeffery7 – February 6, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great! She’s so funny on The Office. I love that Erin couldn’t get a joke or a situation as fast as a normal person would and she doesn’t care!

Comment by King – February 6, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yep, I agree – Ellie is one of the ‘It Girls’ this pilot season – the other is Rose Byrne. I think we’ll be seeing both on series TV this coming fall – Ellie just made ‘Brenda’ a much more viable pilot.

Question – does anyone out there know status of Jenna Fischer? Is she looking at taking some time off, or doing more feature films now that Office is wrapping up? I keep expecting to see her name come up associated with one of the new pilots this spring. If I had a comedy pilot to cast a female lead, I’d been pestering Jenna’s agent morning, noon and night. In my mind, even more so than Ellie or Rose, Jenna is the ‘It Girl’ this pilot season – assuming she wants to start up on another TV series without some time off.

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – February 6, 2013 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To be honest I think Jenna Fischer will probably be looking for movie roles, not TV pilots.

Comment by kavyn – February 7, 2013 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think so. She IS Pam Beesly. She’ll go the way of Carrie Fisher.

Comment by Teag – February 7, 2013 02:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wow, you are so wrong.

Comment by Michelle – March 17, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who from ‘The Office’ DOESN’T have a spinoff yet?

Comment by vbarkley39 – February 7, 2013 04:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I’m the only one who can’t stand Erin. The only other thing I’ve seen Ellie in is Bridesmaids, and she was a little irritating in that too. Hope Brenda is a drastically different character.

Comment by Daisy – February 7, 2013 04:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • giving her a lead role could be fatel look what it did to to mindy

Comment by John Moshier – February 7, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post