Pilot Scoop: Ellie Kemper Officially Signs On to Star in NBC's Brenda Forever

Brenda Forever PilotEllie Kemper hasn’t even closed The Office door behind her, and she’s already lined up a new gig at NBC.

Confirming a move that was rumored last month, the Bridesmaids star will play the lead in Brenda Forever, a Peacock Net single-camera comedy pilot.

The project is written and executive produced by Andrew Leeds (Bones‘ Pelant) and David Lampson (This One Time With Julia).

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers and Who’s in Them

The potential series would consist of stories from Brenda Miller’s past and present, which would mesh together to give a unique portrait of how a chubby, awkward but incredibly confident 13-year-old grew up to be a 31-year-old woman who still does her own thing.

1. cjeffery7 says:

all im gonna say is i dont think its a coincidence that ellie kemper’s role on the office escalated dramatically over 4 seasons on the Office. she’s clearly got some kind of it-factor, and it’s only a matter of time before she finds her niche.

2. King says:

Great! She’s so funny on The Office. I love that Erin couldn’t get a joke or a situation as fast as a normal person would and she doesn’t care!

3. Nero theTVFiddler says:

Yep, I agree – Ellie is one of the ‘It Girls’ this pilot season – the other is Rose Byrne. I think we’ll be seeing both on series TV this coming fall – Ellie just made ‘Brenda’ a much more viable pilot.

Question – does anyone out there know status of Jenna Fischer? Is she looking at taking some time off, or doing more feature films now that Office is wrapping up? I keep expecting to see her name come up associated with one of the new pilots this spring. If I had a comedy pilot to cast a female lead, I’d been pestering Jenna’s agent morning, noon and night. In my mind, even more so than Ellie or Rose, Jenna is the ‘It Girl’ this pilot season – assuming she wants to start up on another TV series without some time off.

4. vbarkley39 says:

Who from ‘The Office’ DOESN’T have a spinoff yet?

5. Daisy says:

I think I’m the only one who can’t stand Erin. The only other thing I’ve seen Ellie in is Bridesmaids, and she was a little irritating in that too. Hope Brenda is a drastically different character.

6. John Moshier says:

giving her a lead role could be fatel look what it did to to mindy