Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Scandal, Bones, Big Bang, Grimm, Once, Spartacus and More!

blog_aa_2.5.13Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hello? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Please. I’m begging you. Anything Scandal-related would be greatly appreciated. —Mateo
Ausiello: Thursday’s insane Season 2A climax features two reunions, three (possibly four) **e****s and at least one **a**. There’s also tons of male nudity, if, you know, you’re into that sort of thing.

Question: Got any Once Upon a Time scoop for us? — Susan
Ausiello: Yes! While speaking with Josh Dallas about this week’s David/Charming-heavy episode, Matt Mitovich picked his brain about Brothers & Sisters alum John Pyper-Ferguson’s character, who thus far has only been described as the widowed father to a young boy. “I can’t tell you anything,” Dallas hedged. “Just know that he’s an outsider.” Speaking of outsiders, Dallas was slightly more forthcoming with a status report on wayward driver Greg Mendell, played by Ethan Embry. “In this Sunday’s episode, you see Greg grilling Belle about what she actually saw that night at the car accident,” he said, musing: “Hmm, why does he want to know…?”

RELATED | Look Who’s Returning to Once Upon a Time!

Question: Big Bang Theory spoilers, please! —Kathleen
Ausiello: For the occasion of Raj’s first date with Raising Hope‘s Kate Micucci, the show finds a clever way to get around his selective mutism.

Question: OMG! Did you see that kiss that Nick gave Jess? Got any scoop for New Girl about their potential future together? —Tiffany
Ausiello: Their short-term future will involve more kissing. Their longer-term future will involve this complication. Bonus Scoop: Cece/Schmidt fans will enjoy the tag at the end of this week’s episode.

dannyQuestion: Any Blue Bloods news? —Geraint
Ausiello: It appears the show is looking to add a new, possibly permanent notch to Danny’s rotating partner belt in the wake of Jennifer Esposito’s controversial exit. Producers are casting the role of Bax, a whip-smart, thirtysomething, female detective who gets assigned to work alongside Danny.  Well aware of her new partner’s mercurial reputation, Bax is ideally equipped to handle his temperament (i.e.: she’s a better investigator than he is). Got casting tips? Hit the comments!

Question: Any Nikita scoop on Alex? —Ross
Ausiello: Sean will be “fuming from the ears” when Alex and Owen get paired on a mission together, previews Devon Sawa. But chillax, “Salex” fans, things remain strictly platonic between the agents. Allow Sawa to explain: “Owen attempts a joke that is only funny because it’s so awkward, but at the same time the intercom is on and Sean’s listening in.” Hence the jealous ex-Navy SEAL’s reaction.

Question: Love The Good Wife!  No one has asked this and maybe I’m reaching, but will we find out what exactly happened to Nick?  Did Kalinda kill him? —Amy
Ausiello: No one asked it? Is that your story, Amy? And are you’re sticking to it? ‘Cause I could’ve sworn I asked Good Wife creators Robert and Michelle King about that very mystery back in December. And I could’ve sworn their answer appeared right here in Ask Ausiello. Speaking of which, not content with their “ambiguous” response, I dispatched my colleague, Vlada Gelman, to Saturday’s NAACP Image Awards to get more concrete intel from Archie Panjabi herself. When asked if we’ll ever find out what exactly Kalinda did to Nick, the Emmy winner said, “Possibly…” Curses, foiled again! Gelman did manage to coax a Kalinda/Cary scooplet from Panjabi, who hinted at some “interesting moments” coming up for the pair, adding, “We  filmed [the scenes] last week in the freezing cold. They’re worth watching.” Bonus Scoop: Props to ReAAder Christine for theorizing that the “very big” season-ending plot Julianna Margulies recently hinted at involves Alicia starting her own firm. I have no clue if it’s true but it totally makes sense.

Question: Can you please give us some Shameless scoop? — Alex
Ausiello: Now that Kev’s crazy ex is out of the picture, he and Veronica will get busy making a family. “We’re trying to have a baby, so you’re going to see us go full force with that, which is going to be a storyline that’s never been on television before ever,” Shanola Hampton told TVLine at the Image Awards. But as determined as they are to create a little one, “Veronica is at the point where her body is not necessarily doing what she wants it to do, which is being able to have children.” Hampton teases that we’ll see “another side” of her frisky, fun character as she goes “through [this] struggle.”

Question: Should I be worried for my favorite Israeli assassin? Cote de Pablo has yet to renew her contract on NCIS and it has me scared! —Emily
Ausiello: I don’t think you have anything to worry about. Besides, the network just locked in Mark Harmon — one thing at a time, Em!

spartyQuestion: I’m loving Spartacus this season. Any scoop on the final episodes? —Rosetta
Ausiello: There’s a twist coming that will Blow. Your. Mind. That’s according to leading man Liam McIntyre, who says, “The rivalry between Caesar and Tiberius, who are both vying for Crassus’ favor, [reaches a turning point] in Episode 8. It goes one way, and you’re like, ‘Oh, is that what this has all been building to?’ And then, boom — it goes the other way. It completely flips it. I was like, ‘Jesus Christ!’ In one line, half a page, in a little bit of writing, they flipped it totally the other way. I never saw it coming. It’s absolutely shocking, even by Spartacus standards. I don’t think we’ve ever done anything [like it].”

RELATED | What Does Liam McIntyre Really Think of Spartacus’ New Codpiece?

Question: I’m not happy with Happy Endings‘ chance of renewal. Should I be as worried as I am? Yes, pun intended. Some scoop on my all-time favorite show would make happy though! —Bahop
Ausiello: Max is going to compete for Mr. Gay Chicago. If that doesn’t cheer you up, nothing will.

Question: Banshee is just amazing and quickly becoming one of my favorite shows. As hot as Lucas and Carrie are, I’m more interested in Siobhan and Lucas and what’s in store for them. —Scott
Ausiello: Don’t miss this Friday’s episode. According to exec producer Greg Yaitanes, that’s when the pair’s “unexpected chemistry” will begin to “develop.” Bonus Scoop: There are more Season 2 clues in the Banshee Origins comic book.

Question: Any scoop on Grey’s Anatomy‘s Meredith, especially surgeon/hospital-related? —Tia
Ausiello: The popular theory going around is that the Survivors (Mer included) will use their settlement winnings to bail out Seattle Grace, thereby giving them all an ownership stake in the hospital. But would that be a good thing? Chandra Wilson isn’t so certain. “I’m not sure [Bailey sees] a good end to any of it, especially if the ‘children’ take over the house,” she says of the current financial crisis that has the staff on edge. “It feels like a sinking ship.” Bailey’s primary concern remains a selfish one. “She has no stake in the game whatsoever,” Wilson points out. “She doesn’t have any money to [offer]. She’s just trying not to lose a job. She does have a husband that lives out of state, so that’s a consideration for her, too.”

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Season Finale Scoop Has Arrived!

Question: What’s coming up on 90210? —OC
Ausiello: “More music, more relationship woes, more up and downs,” promises Tristan Wilds. Um, can you get a little more specific? “You get to see what’s going on with Dixon and Ade and how they work it out — or how they don’t work it out,” he continues. “You get to see what happens with him and his sister. It’s going to be crazy. The rest of the season is pretty crazy.”

Question: Loved your Bones‘ teases last week. Care to explain one of them with more detail, either the alarm clock mystery or the Booth-Brennan marriage dilemma (I heard wedding bells when I read that), please? —Cassidy
Ausiello: I have no additional information on either one of those wonderfully cryptic teases. I do, however, have fresh intel on the upcoming episode that delves into Sweets’ past. According to John Francis Daley, in “The Fact in the Fiction” (airing Feb. 25), Sweets will finally reveal who inflicted the scars on his back (as first glimpsed in 2009’s “Mayhem on a Cross”). “He helps this girl who is a victim of a date rape by telling her she’s not alone in having dealt with childhood trauma,” Daley previews. “It’s kind of an intense scene. Sweets doesn’t break down because he’s trying to comfort this girl, but I think she’s probably the first person he ever talked to about this situation.”

grimmQuestion: Take pity on me. Throw me a bone with some Grimm scoop. I have to make it another month until it’s back. —Mike
Ausiello: No one pities you more than I do, Mike. It’s in that spirit that I ask you: Is primetime big enough for two Rumpelstiltskins?! We’ll find out later this season when the NBC drama spins a story inspired by the classic fairytale antagonist (currently being played by Robert Carlyle on Once Upon a Time). In possibly related news, that same episode — Season 2’s 16th — features a guest turn by Lost‘s Eric Lange. He plays Dominick, the owner of software company whose staff falls victim to dark circumstances and will do whatever he needs to do to help Nick and Hank resolve this case.

Question: What’s the latest on a Parenthood renewal? —Christine
Ausiello: TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard still lists it as a “sure thing.” And who am I to question TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard (which, for the record, boasts a 99-percent accuracy rate)? Speaking of Parenthood, guess who’s moderating the show’s PaleyFest 2013 panel. Come on, have a guess. Hint: He’s the one person who will have the guts to ask Lauren Graham about a Gilmore Girls reunion movie.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman and MegMasters)

1. Chatt says:

Can we get any scoops or updates on what we can expect with Captain Hook? He’s my favorite, and I miss seeing spoilers about him.

2. Jason says:

Thanks for absolutely nothing, Tristan Wilds. “Crazy?” Yeah, we’ve heard that promise before. Zzzzzzzzz

3. estefania says:

I like you answer about the cote de pablo contrac, I hope we have infow about soon, so yesterday her performsnce was so great and whole cast they came back to old school tecniques I love canary episode

4. SnazzyO says:

Thanks for the Sweets intel – I’m really curious about his backstory.

For a show to last this long it’s going to get H8’ers. Pity — I think this is a great season and have even upgraded it from “DVR” to “live” in my priorities.

5. Rach says:

So, HH defends not providing any closure about Zack, a former full-time cast member, or Booth’s son Parker because he says he’d have to remind the audience who the character is (seriously?????) but is totally okay with doing an entire episode about a minor character’s scars that were mentioned in ONE episode four seasons ago. I’m not following that logic.

• Ed says:

Given the attention given on Sweets, obviously Hart Hanson doesn’t think of the character as minor.

• Julie says:

That’s the problem, Sweets is written as a nuisance, poking his nose into everything, even Booth wont talk to him about personal things. Its no secret that both HH and DB are close friends with JFD, like him personally, thus more screentime. Wonder how Tamera, TJ and Michaela feel about that really. If they want him to be more likeable, they need to write him that way, not as an annoyance.

• evie says:

@julie Yes and imo, Sweets would work better if he were a semi regular guest star and only in an ep when needed to shrink or profile someone….At this point in the show he is useless and just is taking over Booth’s job which Booth did fine by himself for years without Sweets. At least with this spoiler he being a shrink with the girl ìn the case. Wow look at that. Sweets doing his actual profession for a change, shocker.

• Rex says:

Even minor and supporting characters get plots and storylines…. Fact is Bones existed before Sweets joined in season 3 and would exist if he ever left. Some episodes he barely gets 4 or 5 scenes and some eps he gets more, just like the other supporting characters do…. Booth and/or Brennan get the bulk of the ep and why S9 only exists because Emily and David signed new contracts. Hence why they are the leads and lead characters and get paid the big bucks.

• frankie says:

ITA Sweets could leave and it wouldn’t change the structure of the show one bit. All he does for the most part is leech of Booth’s job and scenes both at the FBI and at home.

• Catherine says:

Good point, supporting characters are needed but write him in an appealing way, not as a moocher, adult child, annoyance, sticking his nose in everything that’s not his business. Make him likeable, kissing random women while waiting in line, accepting kisses from coworkers, dumping his girlfriend as they are about to move into their apartment. Just make us want to care about him, make him LIKEABLE.

• captain caaaaaaveman says:

@rach lol, oh please dont expect logic from Bones, they have selective memory to suit an episode. But I do agree Parker gets mentioned quite a lot and just in the past two eps alone he got a nod. So focusing on a Parker ep would make total sense to me. AND tbh I, a loyal viewer, had totally forgot that Sweets plot of scars, I mean it was 2009 that episode was made where it was first mentioned, so yeah goodluck getting the casual viewers to remember it or even care…

• 4theloveoffilm says:

Sweets is a series regular, and has been for nearly six years. Parker is a recurring character. In the land of TV, you have to work around guest stars’ availability, and figure out a big enough subplot to justify bringing them back for an episode. At least they are mentioning Parker, and not acting like he doesn’t exist when he isn’t on screen.

The cases are designed for both the casual and the avid viewer. Eight years in, the character stuff is going to be tailored to the avid viewer. The episode in which Sweets’ scars were brought up was a rather memorable and important episode, and was a catalyst for discovering more about Bones’ background AND for bringing Booth and Brennan closer together. I appreciate it when shows call back to details provided long ago.

• Catherine says:

While I agree with what you are saying about the Sweet character, it makes Booth look small, a bad father for effectively abandoning his first born for his second born. Not the Booth I want to see, It could be a wonderful opportunity for him to live in another country & he’s practically a teen now, show the end of a convo on the phone, A letter from Parker, haa, meant an email, anything. Booth keeps banging on what a wonderful mother Brennan is, show us he’s still a wonderful father to Parker too, even at a distance.

• 4theloveoffilm says:

They never have dealt much with Parker overall (well, consistently, I’ll say), even before Christine. I feel they’ve established well enough that Booth loves Parker and would do anything for him. Sure, an email might be nice; then again, that’s screen time they might want to use for something else. I can see how some would like the Parker predicament dealt with a little more, but I disagree that at present Booth looks like a bad father. The mother has custody. She wants to take P out of the country, she can. And we all know how bad things get when Booth tries to fight his ex over his son. Personally, Parker has always annoyed me, but I’ve never doubted Booth’s affection for him.

• gems says:

@catherine Bottomline for me is that I want to see Parker Booth’s son, bond with his dad, his step mom Brennan, with his little sister and spend time in his house in *his* bedroom. And not that over grown gutless man child Sweets doing that instead. Get your own place you pathetic creature, rent, get a roomie and stop living your life through Booth and Brennan, Idiot.Yes now I feel better. BRING BACK PARKER!!!!!!

• monica says:

LOVE THIS “BRING BACK PARKER” where do I sign?? seriously I miss that little guy and Booth being a dad to him. Classic.

• james says:

IMO, not in Bones case. They write for the casual viewer and throw out a bone to loyal viewers everynow and then with their special eps. Hence why they rarely do two part eps, most eps have to be self contained for repeat vìewers. IMO, that is why they won’t even touch the Zack storyline again in fear that the casual fan who won’t remember who he is or his backstory. Which is ridic considering he was a fulltime cast member for 3 seasons.

• 4theloveoffilm says:

I can understand how you might see it that way; I simply disagree. However, in regards to Zach, HH admitted they closed that storyline too hastily because of the writers’ strike and it should have gone differently. He has been back a couple of times when it made sense, and while I think about him, too, and sometimes wish they would acknowledge him, I don’t think they fail to do so because of the casual viewer. It seems to me that they just can’t or haven’t made it a priority to find a justification for causing him to reappear. Eric Milligan would come back, I’m sure, when he has spare time. But how to bring him back in a way that would make sense to the plot and the characters now, that would satisfy the fans, and that would bring more closure or story for his character… That would be very challenging, indeed.

• oscar says:

@james I agree. I would love to know the percentage of fans who watched in S4 and who are still watching now in S8 It is easy to wax on about the pov of hardcore fans who seem to remember every single detail therefore we all must remember it cos it is just sooooo awesome. But the truth is it doesn’t work that way and it is risky to bring back a subplot from 2009 and turn it into something memorable or even relevant to 2013 viewers.

• Rach says:

@4theloveoffilm – As an avid viewer who has watched Bones from the beginning, I also appreciate it when shows call back to details provided long ago. If you ever have read writer/showrunner Ken Levine’s blog, one of the things he mentions is that as a show gets older it’s often a more successful formula when writers make the characters’ worlds deeper, not wider, and I think touching back on Sweet’s scars is a perfect example of that. it just seemed a little randomly out of place to me that this is the thing they’re choosing to expand upon.

And while I agree that Mayhem was a rather memorable and important episode in the history of Bones (definitely one of my top 5 favorites), it wasn’t apparently memorable enough for the cast or the writers or the producers, since only the viewers seemed to catch the fact that Sweets’s back was as smooth as a baby’s butt when he was shirtless in The Method in the Madness earlier this season. Writers ret-conning that oversight maybe??? #jackhodginsconspiracytheory

• janie says:

I am avid viewer of Bones too and I can barely mind this plot at all. Some fans who watch the eps over and over or analyze each scene to death place an over importance to things that other fans who watch a Bones ep just the once and wait for the next week do. Just cause it was a memorable ep to whoever doesn’t mean it was for the next fan.

• 4theloveoffilm says:

I do recall that! Haha. BONES has had a few such gaffs. I am intrigued to learn more, but I understand that not everyone is. Just as some want to see Parker, and I don’t particularly care. I suppose we all watch for different reasons. I just get a little tired of people being so darn harsh online. I suppose I’m extra feisty and have time to comment because I’ve been home sick from work for two days. I love the #jackhodginsconspiracytheory idea. :)

• micha says:

total.agree the casual fans won’t have a clue about this plot, I mean bringing back a plot from 4yrs ago ummm ok…JMHO

• whiskeyGo says:

@Rach Going by the press release for said ep, which is infact called “The Friend in Need”, Michelle, Finn and Cam are the b-plot of the ep. And going by what the actor said here, the Sweets childhood plot is one or two scenes tops. Don’t get why TVline is making such a dramarama out of it tbh, the ep has more going on than this, prolly more interesting too. imo

6. K says:

Here’s hoping Cote opts to do other things & walks away from NCIS at the end of this season.

7. Christina says:

I totally agree if Alicia stars her own firm. She already has everything! She shouldn’t worry about that! And now I imagine when she has to face to face with Lockhart/Gardner in court!

8. sarah says:

Blue Bloods casting:ME! LOL
    Greys: Bailey was made when they first said they had to shut down the ER, because she does not have millions to fall back on, now if they all pitch in to save the hospital she will be mad that the kids are running it but that means she can keep her job….sorry but Bailey is getting on my nerves at times.
    I still really enjoy 90210 BUT if they keep getting the low viewers, sadly I think this is the last season!

9. MAS says:

Nikkita is having a great season. Did I miss the episodes where there was indication of any Alex/Owen connection? Sean and Alex have always made sense to me. Glad Sean is back.

• The only thing you missed was hordes of shippers deciding that Alex and Owen are soulmates forever and ever because they both have butterfly tattoos. Which is, like, a really good and logical reason for two characters to get together. The fact that they never met until this season’s fourth episode (and have only had a handful of scenes together even after that), or the fact that the show spent a YEAR building up the Alex/Sean pairing, apparently means nothing.

• 4theloveoffilm says:

Hahahahahahaha! Agreed. Now, if they both sported tattoos of polar bears, their soul-mate status would be absolutely undeniable.

10. Svenja says:

I was never worried about Cote’s contract. The ratings are stellar, the show is more successful than ever. No sane network or actress would throw that away. For the sexist debate here… well.. there are many things I could say about it but I won’t. The team is good as it is. Never change a winnig team. I am sure all of them will be back for season 11 and rock it as well. Season 10 has been amazing so far. Thanks for the little hint Michael :) I always appreciate NCIS scoop.

11. Tammy says:

Yes, she’ll back!

Ms. Cote de Pablo, we love you.

12. Poor Belle just glad when Gold gets back he fixes it to get her memory back :) (TVGuide Spoiler about Belle getting her memory back)

13. RE: Blue Bloods – the only way I’d start watching that show again would be if perhaps they hired Mary McCormack as Bax. She can do streetsmart cop but then again I’m not sure I want the kewl Mary to work for CBS the way they handled Esposito :/

14. Alison says:

I too have no doubt that Ziva will be back. :)

15. Pam says:

That’s the usual Archie’s pretty generic tease about Cary and Kalinda. Last season we almost got the same spoilers about those two and nothing happened. I don’t think they’ll do something more that season. Plus Archie is talking about ANOTHER love interest for Kalinda there http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FuzT0koSlNk
    So my question is: could they just give Cary a new and real love interest if they don’t want to give Cary and Kalinda a REAL chance? 4 years and the boy never got a meaty love interest.

• Lucy says:

Spare me. I take back what I said. Interesting moments between Cary and Kalinda won’t end up in a nothing. They’ll end up in the usual Kalinda having sex with someone else. Did they involve Cary in her storyline and have him beaten up for this? Buh.

16. shann says:

hahaha at Alex/Owen. I’m not sure what it is exactly but that guy really irks me. I think it’s the acting, everything is just way overacted imo. I love Sean and Alex, think they’re great together. Sean needed to realise Alex isn’t just going to up and leave division and Nikita!! She has a real mother/sister bond with her, aswell as really string relationships with the rest of them, she’s not just going to dump everything and walk away so I’m glad he realised she’s not ‘most people’ as she said. And just btw, what the hell ever happened to Nathan LOL is he still running for his life?? lmao someone should probs send him a message!

17. Spritely says:

Leave Sweets alone! My husband & I love him & the dynamic he brought to the show. Pelant can off Daisy & I wouldn’t bat an eye though…….

18. Not1ofYouPeople says:

Anybody wanna bet that ABC has already shelved Happy Endings and doesn’t have the balls to say so as usual? It’s not on the schedule thru Feb 19th and it goes on hiatus for dancing crap in the middle of March which is not enough time to air all the remaining Eps! YOU SUCK ABC!