Friends Reunion Alert! Go On Casts Courteney Cox as Matthew Perry's Potential Love Interest

Go On Season 1 SpoilersGo On is bringing The Bings back together.

Courteney Cox has been tapped to reunite with her former Friends hubby Matthew Perry in an upcoming episode of the freshman NBC comedy, TVLine has confirmed.

As first reported by The Hollywood Reporter, the Cougar Town star will visit Go On this April as a gorgeous (duh) woman whom Julie White’s Anne tries to set up with Perry’s leading man Ryan.

Are you excited to see Monica and Chandler together again? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News

1. usanhasbestshows says:

could i be any happier? sorry couldnt resist

2. BigCrushonChandler says:

That will be AMAZING!!!!

3. mayiread says:

This is magnificent news!

4. sofia says:

why a ‘duh” after gorgeous? I’m so happy being a huge fan of friends and both of them! They have an amazing chemistry

• taylor says:

because it’s pretty obvious she is pretty.

• Ari says:

They really do have great chemistry! I loved that they used to high five each other all the time on Friends (and now April and Andy high five each other on Parks & Rec and it reminds me of the Bings). Can’t wait!!!

5. Courtney says:

So now they’ve all done something with eachother post Friends = ).

6. Kat says:

This is so exciting!!!

7. Babybop says:

I love Friends reunions!!!!! Friends will forever and always be my favorite show.

8. Carrie says:

Happiness. Pure, cannot wait for it, joy.

9. Kristina says:

Great news! I love seeing mini reunions :)

10. ggny says:

need to do something to get them ratings to stop sliding

11. omabin says:

yay, awesome! hopefully this also helps the show’s ratings!

12. dude says:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy but translation: We’re desperate for ratings.

13. dude says:

“Cox’s guest spot marks Go On‘s first Friends reunion since its launch last August.” Isn’t that a generous way of saying it took them 15 episodes to be desperate enough to resort to this.

14. Daniel says:

The Bings are back. Matthew and Courteney are my two favorite Friends

15. albtrex says:

16. damian says:

I’ll watch to see them together again but I hate these kinds of casting stunts. Glee does it a lot where they get a name to play a possible part that should go to someone who will stick around. Instead, you know going in that no matter how great that character is, they’ll disappear after that episode or maybe get one more episode the following season.

17. Mo says:

YESS!!! #matteneyreunion

18. Jennifer says:

You gotta f***in’ kiddin’ me! I stopped watching Friends because of overload Ross and Rachel and I still cringe seeing repeats, finding out Chandler and Monica eventually married wasn’t that surprising. I watch this show because I adore Matthew so watching this episode is a no-brainer but enough of the “I have my own show now, why don’t we bring on some old co-stars to guest-star” Honestly I think it would be more fun and less predictable if she were brought on show and Ryan set her up as love interest for Anne.

• Jo says:

why are you acting so bitter?

• Jennifer says:

I’m not bitter, I completely adore Matthew Perry and will watch him in almost anything. I am tired of stunt casting. I really don’t mind the idea of her being on show, but as Ryan’s love interest? I wasn’t really into the Piper character either and I know everyone grieves differently but it seemed like Ryan hasn’t been widowed that long. I just wish shows would be more creative when they do things like this. That’s why I think it’d be more fun if she got set up with Anne, or maybe crazy cat lady.

19. Cori says:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!

20. Nero theTVFiddler says:

Courtney may also have some time freed up now for the March filming (for April viewing) since filming of Cougar Town may have ended (or be ending) a bit early this season on TBS due to smaller number (15) of episodes to film, rather than the normal 22/24; that may be why they waited this long for the reunion. Good for them – I like both Matthew and Courtney and all the Friends cast, so this is a good thing to see, even it it is indeed also a chance to ‘bump’ the ratings a bit.

Go On is coming back next fall – it and Revolution are the two best freshmen shows NBC has going for them at this point. If (a big IF) the ratings can get a bump with the Courtney guest role, it might lead to a arc-guest role with a couple of additional episodes? Who knows, NBC may be thinking of moving the show to Thursday nights next fall – Courtney doing some moonlighting on the side with a guest-arc would certainly help with the move of Go On from Tuesday to Thursday nights. You never know.

21. Louise says:

OMG completely fangirling right now

22. JC says:

This is obviously great news but a new friends thanksgiving episode will make me even happier than this one. Just one episode per year the cast could make a quick million dollars and NBC can get at least 25 million viewers to tune in! its a win/win situation :)

23. ABC says:

I love this!!!!!

24. mia says:

OMG OMG OMG!!!! THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!! I was hoping he’d pop up on CougarTown – but I’m so so so so ridiculously excited so this

25. Maris says:

YES! First Lauren Graham and now Courteney, I think I should really catch up

26. Lara says:

Finally!!!’

27. Rachel says:

Yes!!!!! It’s the Bings!

28. cjeffery7 says:

BING BING BING BING!

29. Reboot says:

Why are people excited by this? Look, I am a big Friends fan, I actually just finished to watch the whole 10 seasons (started at Christmas) so, yeah, I really like the show.

But what is exciting about this? The characters are not the same. The history isn’t there on screen. Truth is, they could have someone else play Cox’s character and that wouldn’t change anything in the show (less ratings, granted but that’s my point, I don’t understand why this is a big deal for some people)

The only time I can see a “reunion” like this working is if they play that Friends history on screen, like what they did with Gunther (and the not-voiced phone calls Matt Leblanc gave to the Friends cast) on Episodes. THAT was funny and if you changed the names or actors, wouldn’t have had the same impact.

If you are excited by this, that’s GREAT! I am not judging you at all. But for me, I just don’t see what is exciting about this. They better get at least a couple in-jokes in there, so this feels more like an event.

I could see Ryan saying, after he dates her a couple times and it doesn’t work out: “It not only feels like we’ve always known each other, but it also feels like we’ve been married for 10 years!” or something to that effect. Wouldn;’t change my opinion, but it would at least make me laugh a little :)

• Josh says:

Because the two have great chemistry…it’s not just the characters but it’s the actors themselves.

• lara says:

That’s like saying “why do people get excited about Katherine Hepburn/Spencer Tracey or Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan or Leo/Kate Winslet(to name a few) doing movies together?”. Because, the actors have amazing chemistry that will likely work with different characters and different situations.

30. rebecca says:

Love this! Helped my parents move a couch over the weekend and the first words out of my mouth were “pivot, pivottttttttt”

31. Mike says:

Now bring back Ross and Joey!

32. Lorena says:

Best news ever!! I CAN NOT STOP SMILING!!!!

33. Jax Bereux says:

they NEED to do a real friends reunion with ALL the cast

34. Rachel says:

OH. MY. GAWD. (see what I did there?) This will be amazing!

35. sara says:

yaaaaaay!!! awesomeee

36. Sandrine says:

Greatest news, ever! I’m so happy.

37. Mikael says:

I wish he would guest on Cougar Town. That would be hilarious.

38. Isa says:

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR NINE YEARS!

Go On is a brilliant show and I still can’t believe this is happening!! They have amazing chemistry together and are my favourite actors! THANK YOU!

39. Hugona says:

It seems like all these shows are copying the way Curb did with the Seinfeld reunion. Next thing you know the cast of friends is going to be on Go o or episodes.. What a joke… Friends is a good show just not better then seinfeld ! Seinfeld is the best sitcoms ever ‘

40. Reblogged this on My Tiny Obsessions and commented:
    Could I be more excited?! I just hope that Go On goes on to be renewed, since I guess there’s not much hope for Cougar Town…

41. Pepper says:

I just remembered I used to love Courteney Cox.