Friends Reunion Alert! Go On Casts Courteney Cox as Matthew Perry's Potential Love Interest

Get More: Casting News

Go On Season 1 SpoilersGo On is bringing The Bings back together.

Courteney Cox has been tapped to reunite with her former Friends hubby Matthew Perry in an upcoming episode of the freshman NBC comedy, TVLine has confirmed.

As first reported by The Hollywood Reporter, the Cougar Town star will visit Go On this April as a gorgeous (duh) woman whom Julie White’s Anne tries to set up with Perry’s leading man Ryan.

Are you excited to see Monica and Chandler together again? Hit the comments!

Comments (59)

• could i be any happier? sorry couldnt resist

Comment by usanhasbestshows – February 5, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha good one!! :)

Comment by Kresh – February 5, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Muahaha amazing, I’m so excited

Comment by gaby – February 5, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I KNOWWWWWW! :D

Comment by ReeRee – February 6, 2013 03:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That will be AMAZING!!!!

Comment by BigCrushonChandler – February 5, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is magnificent news!

Comment by mayiread – February 5, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why a ‘duh” after gorgeous? I’m so happy being a huge fan of friends and both of them! They have an amazing chemistry

Comment by sofia – February 5, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • because it’s pretty obvious she is pretty.

Comment by taylor – February 5, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • courtney cox used to be gorgeous, unfortunately she is now a member of the plastic surgery gone wrong club. :(

Comment by christina – February 6, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They really do have great chemistry! I loved that they used to high five each other all the time on Friends (and now April and Andy high five each other on Parks & Rec and it reminds me of the Bings). Can’t wait!!!

Comment by Ari – February 6, 2013 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So now they’ve all done something with eachother post Friends = ).

Comment by Courtney – February 5, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • nope, matt leblanc hasnt done a “mini reunion” yet.

Comment by eddie – February 5, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well not onscreen with the main cast, but David did direct some “Joey” episodes, and onscreen, James Michael Tyler (Gunther) made a cameo on Matts show “Episodes” = ).

Comment by Courtney – February 5, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yuh-huh! Gunther showed up on this past season of Episodes.

Comment by Brian – February 5, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so exciting!!!

Comment by Kat – February 5, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Friends reunions!!!!! Friends will forever and always be my favorite show.

Comment by Babybop – February 5, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happiness. Pure, cannot wait for it, joy.

Comment by Carrie – February 5, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! I love seeing mini reunions :)

Comment by Kristina – February 5, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • need to do something to get them ratings to stop sliding

Comment by ggny – February 5, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :-)

Comment by Melanie – February 5, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay, awesome! hopefully this also helps the show’s ratings!

Comment by omabin – February 5, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy but translation: We’re desperate for ratings.

Comment by dude – February 5, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There have been mini reunions on almost all of the shows that the ex-Friends have done. I don’t know if it’s necessarily desperation.

Comment by Spencer – February 5, 2013 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not really ratings have been decent and this site lists them as a safe bet

Comment by Mike – February 5, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Cox’s guest spot marks Go On‘s first Friends reunion since its launch last August.” Isn’t that a generous way of saying it took them 15 episodes to be desperate enough to resort to this.

Comment by dude – February 5, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Bings are back. Matthew and Courteney are my two favorite Friends

Comment by Daniel – February 5, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • amazing!

Comment by MyTinyObsessions – February 5, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by albtrex – February 5, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch to see them together again but I hate these kinds of casting stunts. Glee does it a lot where they get a name to play a possible part that should go to someone who will stick around. Instead, you know going in that no matter how great that character is, they’ll disappear after that episode or maybe get one more episode the following season.

Comment by damian – February 5, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESS!!! #matteneyreunion

Comment by Mo – February 5, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You gotta f***in’ kiddin’ me! I stopped watching Friends because of overload Ross and Rachel and I still cringe seeing repeats, finding out Chandler and Monica eventually married wasn’t that surprising. I watch this show because I adore Matthew so watching this episode is a no-brainer but enough of the “I have my own show now, why don’t we bring on some old co-stars to guest-star” Honestly I think it would be more fun and less predictable if she were brought on show and Ryan set her up as love interest for Anne.

Comment by Jennifer – February 5, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • why are you acting so bitter?

Comment by Jo – February 6, 2013 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not bitter, I completely adore Matthew Perry and will watch him in almost anything. I am tired of stunt casting. I really don’t mind the idea of her being on show, but as Ryan’s love interest? I wasn’t really into the Piper character either and I know everyone grieves differently but it seemed like Ryan hasn’t been widowed that long. I just wish shows would be more creative when they do things like this. That’s why I think it’d be more fun if she got set up with Anne, or maybe crazy cat lady.

Comment by Jennifer – February 6, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!

Comment by Cori – February 5, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Courtney may also have some time freed up now for the March filming (for April viewing) since filming of Cougar Town may have ended (or be ending) a bit early this season on TBS due to smaller number (15) of episodes to film, rather than the normal 22/24; that may be why they waited this long for the reunion. Good for them – I like both Matthew and Courtney and all the Friends cast, so this is a good thing to see, even it it is indeed also a chance to ‘bump’ the ratings a bit.

Go On is coming back next fall – it and Revolution are the two best freshmen shows NBC has going for them at this point. If (a big IF) the ratings can get a bump with the Courtney guest role, it might lead to a arc-guest role with a couple of additional episodes? Who knows, NBC may be thinking of moving the show to Thursday nights next fall – Courtney doing some moonlighting on the side with a guest-arc would certainly help with the move of Go On from Tuesday to Thursday nights. You never know.

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – February 5, 2013 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG completely fangirling right now

Comment by Louise – February 5, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is obviously great news but a new friends thanksgiving episode will make me even happier than this one. Just one episode per year the cast could make a quick million dollars and NBC can get at least 25 million viewers to tune in! its a win/win situation :)

Comment by JC – February 5, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this!!!!!

Comment by ABC – February 5, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG OMG OMG!!!! THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!! I was hoping he’d pop up on CougarTown – but I’m so so so so ridiculously excited so this

Comment by mia – February 5, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! First Lauren Graham and now Courteney, I think I should really catch up

Comment by Maris – February 5, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally!!!’

Comment by Lara – February 5, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!!!! It’s the Bings!

Comment by Rachel – February 5, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BING BING BING BING!

Comment by cjeffery7 – February 5, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hector Salamanca? Is that you?

Comment by rockgolf – February 6, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are people excited by this? Look, I am a big Friends fan, I actually just finished to watch the whole 10 seasons (started at Christmas) so, yeah, I really like the show.

But what is exciting about this? The characters are not the same. The history isn’t there on screen. Truth is, they could have someone else play Cox’s character and that wouldn’t change anything in the show (less ratings, granted but that’s my point, I don’t understand why this is a big deal for some people)

The only time I can see a “reunion” like this working is if they play that Friends history on screen, like what they did with Gunther (and the not-voiced phone calls Matt Leblanc gave to the Friends cast) on Episodes. THAT was funny and if you changed the names or actors, wouldn’t have had the same impact.

If you are excited by this, that’s GREAT! I am not judging you at all. But for me, I just don’t see what is exciting about this. They better get at least a couple in-jokes in there, so this feels more like an event.

I could see Ryan saying, after he dates her a couple times and it doesn’t work out: “It not only feels like we’ve always known each other, but it also feels like we’ve been married for 10 years!” or something to that effect. Wouldn;’t change my opinion, but it would at least make me laugh a little :)

Comment by Reboot – February 5, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because the two have great chemistry…it’s not just the characters but it’s the actors themselves.

Comment by Josh – February 5, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s like saying “why do people get excited about Katherine Hepburn/Spencer Tracey or Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan or Leo/Kate Winslet(to name a few) doing movies together?”. Because, the actors have amazing chemistry that will likely work with different characters and different situations.

Comment by lara – February 5, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this! Helped my parents move a couch over the weekend and the first words out of my mouth were “pivot, pivottttttttt”

Comment by rebecca – February 5, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now bring back Ross and Joey!

Comment by Mike – February 5, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news ever!! I CAN NOT STOP SMILING!!!!

Comment by Lorena – February 5, 2013 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they NEED to do a real friends reunion with ALL the cast

Comment by Jax Bereux – February 5, 2013 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH. MY. GAWD. (see what I did there?) This will be amazing!

Comment by Rachel – February 6, 2013 03:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yaaaaaay!!! awesomeee

Comment by sara – February 6, 2013 04:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Greatest news, ever! I’m so happy.

Comment by Sandrine – February 6, 2013 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish he would guest on Cougar Town. That would be hilarious.

Comment by Mikael – February 6, 2013 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR NINE YEARS!

Go On is a brilliant show and I still can’t believe this is happening!! They have amazing chemistry together and are my favourite actors! THANK YOU!

Comment by Isa – February 6, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It seems like all these shows are copying the way Curb did with the Seinfeld reunion. Next thing you know the cast of friends is going to be on Go o or episodes.. What a joke… Friends is a good show just not better then seinfeld ! Seinfeld is the best sitcoms ever ‘

Comment by Hugona – February 6, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on My Tiny Obsessions and commented:
    Could I be more excited?! I just hope that Go On goes on to be renewed, since I guess there’s not much hope for Cougar Town…

Comment by MyTinyObsessions – February 6, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just remembered I used to love Courteney Cox.

Comment by Pepper – February 6, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post