Exclusive Poster: Vikings Looks Bloody Good

This ain’t your momma’s Hagar the Horrible.

On Sunday, March 3 at 10/9c, History’s Vikings will set sail — and TVLine has a first look at the adventure-drama’s key art, featuring series star Travis Fimmel. Check it out, then read on for more:

Vikings_OneSheet_FN
A nine-part scripted series, Vikings promises to present the Dark Age raiders, traders and explorers not from an outsider’s view, but through the eyes of their own society. Travis Fimmel (the Beast) stars as Ragnar Lothbrok, a compelling farmer and family man who claims to be a direct descendant of the Norse god Odin and is always seeking new worlds to conquer. Gabriel Byrne (In Treatment) plays Ragnar’s local chieftain, Earl Haraldson, and Gustaf Skarsgard is his jester friend Floki.

The cast also features Katheryn Winnick (Bones) as Lagertha, a fierce shield maiden/Ragnar’s wife; Jessalyn Gilsig (Heroes) as Earl Haraldson’s wife; George Blagden (Les Miserables) as a Christian monk captured by Ragnar on his first raid on England; and Clive Standen (Camelot) as Rollo, Ragnar’s impulsive brother.

Will you explore what Vikings has to offer on March 3?

Tags: ,

Comments (23)

• This looks awesome!

Comment by Fan – February 4, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m in!

Comment by Ger – February 4, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Katheryn Winnick? Yes, please.

Comment by Jason – February 4, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Make that two. But the series looks great too.

Comment by Dan – February 4, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do all these channels air their best programs on Sunday night? Spread the wealth and give my dvr a break.

Comment by The Beach – February 4, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen… amen

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – February 4, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just thinking the same thing. I don’t know if I will be able to watch. Too much on that night. How about Tuesday or Wednesday night. Those would be great!!

Comment by Melissa – February 5, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch anything with the great Jessalyn Gilsig in it.

Comment by jasie – February 4, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jessalyn Gilsig for the WIN! she better expose massive Viking breasts!

Comment by brutony – February 4, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • solid cast for history channel first pilot

Comment by ggny – February 4, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder…how honest can the HIstory Channel be? I mean Vikings were rapists and murderers…In terms of violence and gore, this should be on level with Spartacus and Game of Thrones.

Comment by Josh – February 4, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s a little narrowminded, the Vikings were so much more than the unwashed barbarian horde of rapists and murderers a few accounts of surviving monks from raids on convents paint them as.

Comment by Jon – February 4, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How shortsited you have to be to judge them by today’s societal standards. They would probably feel rather superior if they judged our by theirs.

Comment by Paula Qualls Gurley – February 4, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I’m so there!

Comment by rachelle – February 4, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Read that Vikings was created by Michael Hirst and I absolutely loved The Tudors….so, I’m in.

Comment by Eliza – February 4, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Travis Fimmel – I’m in! I loved him as Tarzan years ago!

Comment by Rain – February 4, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch; and I’ll take an axe to anyone who tries to stop me!

Comment by Cheo – February 4, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are several great clips of the show on the History Channel website.

Comment by STD – February 4, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You had me until Jessalyn Gilsig.

Comment by Ruby – February 4, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What? That’s surprising that you don’t care for Jessalyn. She’s been great in everything she has been in. Even Glee with the storylines she was given.

Comment by jasie – February 5, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder how pretty Travis Fimmel (Calvin Klein model and CW Tarzan) will look as a viking? I am thinking Brad Pitt in Troy?

Comment by G – February 5, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Previews look pretty sweet. I hope it’s not too PC.

Comment by Brent Cole – February 5, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you bet your broadsword I will be watching!! Now how do I get the poster??

Comment by Diana Lathim – February 13, 2013 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post