Office First Look: Andy's Back, and It's Awkward – Plus: Finally a Happy Moment for Jim and Pam!

Hurricane Andy is about to blow back into The Office — and based on the following sneak peek pics, Erin is none too happy about it.

The below photos — from both “Couples Discount” (airing Feb. 7, NBC) and “Moving On” (Feb. 14) — depict the not-so-triumphant return of Ed Helms’ MIA Dunder Mifflin boss. While the rest of the gang seems happy enough with Andy’s homecoming, his gal pal Erin looks almost as uncomfortable as her new crush Pete.

RELATED | The Office: Who’s Coming Back? Who’s Fired? Plus: The Cast Fondly Looks Back at 9 Seasons

Elsewhere in the shots, Jim and Pam (finally) share a happy moment — smiles and all — when she turns up in Philly for a job interview. (Sob!)

Scroll through the images below, then hit the comments!

Tags: ,

Comments (34)

• What’s going on with Andy’s hair?

Comment by Eric – February 2, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought it was Bradley Cooper at first because of the hair. This was probably shot right after The Hangover 3 filming ended which explains it.

Comment by James – February 2, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he was on a boat for a while meaning he probably didn’t have it cut.

Comment by Sam – February 2, 2013 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He probably had to keep it long for a while after shooting H3, just in case there were and re-shoots required.

Comment by Bob – February 4, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Ed Helms but he doent look to good with that kind of hair. Needs to be cut like he had it in sesaon 8

Comment by Paige – February 8, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First thing Andy should do when he returns is to leave again and never reappear until the finale. Episodes that haven’t featured Andy these past two seasons have been infinitely better than those with him.

Comment by Kalee – February 2, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^this!! Andy is the most annoying character. He ruins many scenes for me. God, stop with the singing and singing related jokes. He’s right below Will Farrell on Office killers.

Comment by Stephen – February 2, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Will Ferrell’s career is over. Regardless of the upcoming Ron Burgundy sequel. It will stink because it’s no longer new, fresh and spontaneous. As for the Andy character, I agree. The less of him the better.

Comment by Bob – February 4, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • !!!!!! Yes…..

Comment by scg10 – February 2, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I sort of like him sometimes but I didn’t realize how much I didn’t like him until he was gone!

Comment by Sam – February 2, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They screwed the character up. They went out of their way to transform him into this cuddly likable guy. What we all enjoyed about Andy when we we first met him in Stamford was he was the office jerk that you wanted to avoid like the plague every day. The lengths they went to try to make him cuddly and warm just flopped. I agree, the show has been far better without his character in it of late. Even the episodes in Florida not featuring him last season were the best ones.

Comment by Joe – February 3, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Joe, I agree 100% on that. Andy was an AWESOME character up until he went to anger management. Since that day, he has been nothing but irritating, and making him the boss was the worst move the show could have made. They seem to have tried to make him into a Michael Scott, but failed to notice that Ed Helms isn’t in the same stratosphere of playing Michael Scott like Steve was.

Comment by Pat D. – February 3, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh – can’t stand Ed Helms. And supposedly Andy is going to go after his dream to perform, which means we’ll have to hear his lousy, corny singing again.

Comment by Miffy – February 2, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry to go against the grain (oh boy am I) but I find Andy entertaining (smaller doses are better though) and Ed Helms incredibly talented. That said, all the actors on The Office are incredibly talented or they wouldn’t be there. Remember when Andy was feeling down after discovering his “girlfriend” was a high school student and he and Jim were driving away and Jim started “the lion sleeps tonight”? I think we have come to expect genius when we watch The Office and we get it. So…maybe we take it for granted? We raise the bar for this show so much so that we expect more, and we get it. Come on fans, do we expect this level of talent on any other show we watch? Maybe so, but I’m willing to bet in many cases we don’t get it, and we don’t even realize it. That said, does anyone else think that Steve Carell is a class act? Seriously, he’s letting this end without his interference. We all know that WE’D love it, but class is rare when this kind of money is talked about in the land of money. But really, what actor with any class or decency at all would agree to go barging into the series finale of a show they left of their own volition two years before? And have no qualms whatsoever about being the focus of the entire finale after no mention of their character was made at all during that whole time? (hi Audra). I have a new respect for Steve Carell.

Comment by april-ann – February 2, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I like Andy just fine.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – February 3, 2013 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heyyyy! I can scroll through photos via mobile now :)

Comment by Helena – February 2, 2013 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Pura Vida.

Comment by parawhoren – February 2, 2013 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Ed Helms, but I have to admit, the show has been better with him gone. I don’t know if that’s been because there’s been too much of him (he was at his best in S3), or because the Pete/Erin story has been so good. Hopefully, the writers will do a good reintegrating him with the rest of the cast, and not making him the sole focus.

Comment by lara – February 3, 2013 01:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as the storyline with the sound guy ends now, I’m okay with anything.

Comment by Mitholas – February 3, 2013 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, since he’s been fired, I would hope that’s the end of it. They’re NOT going to leave Jim and Pam with an unhappy ending.

Comment by Bob – February 4, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love andy but i have to admit these episodes without him have been some of the best since michael left. andy really annoyed me a lot of last season and early this season. they took his character too far and over the top from his earlier and more likeable seasons. i am anxious to see how he is with his return and hope for the best…

Comment by Ashley – February 3, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree that the show has been much better without Andy. With Michael gone, there is no one to rein Andy in. Andy has become way too over the top and takes all the attention away from whatever else is going on in the office. You know Andy is just “too much” when things are more calm with Dwight in charge!

Comment by Jesse – February 3, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree the last episodes were great but I don’t think it had anything to do with Andy’s absence. I like him fine.

Comment by Lilys87 – February 3, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been enjoying this season as of late and a large part of that was honestly because Andy was gone. He’s too over the top and I just don’t get his type of humor.

Comment by Bobby – February 3, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Been dreading this episode ever since he left. Not that the show made huge leaps in quality, but they have been more enjoyable while he was away. Save for the whole Brian nonsense.
    Also, I know he’s a producer on the show, but I find it creepy that Ben Silverman has wedged himself into the show as Jim’s coworker at Athlead. He looks awkward all the time.

Comment by Jacob – February 3, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh boy, Andy’s coming back…

These past few episodes without him have been sooooo good. Like someone else said, I’m not entirely sure if it’s the fact that Andy is not in the episodes, but something is different and it’s fantastic. I’m enjoying this season much more than last season. Also I love Erin, she’s become one of my favorite characters. I’m looking forward to the awkwardness between her and Andy.

Comment by matt – February 3, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t be the only one who likes the Andy/Erin thing better than I like Pete/Erin. I mean the guy went all the way to Florida to get her.

Comment by Mike – February 4, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Erin and Pete are better suited for each other… Less of an age difference!

Comment by Suzanne – February 4, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did not miss Andy one bit. He was an actual character before he became boss, then he became a caricature, and not fun or consistent one at that.

Comment by dan – February 4, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yo, let me start off by saying we all obviously want season 8 far from our mind. That being said Andy/Erin has been going on since season 6 and stupid things have getting in their way. For example the dumb bastard gabe. The fact that Pete is now the front runner pisses me off. Like seriously he went to Florida for her and has been obsessed with her for so long. Doing that to Andy’s character really pisses me off. After seeing that last episode I have nothing but hope for things to work out in Andy’s favor

Comment by Justin – February 7, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ed Helms need to cut the hair

Comment by Paige – February 8, 2013 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Ed Helms but he doesnt look good with that kind of hair style. He should get it cut so it looks like his hair in season 8

Comment by Paige – February 8, 2013 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am just now watching the entire season 9, i stopped watching after episode 1 of season 9 cuz i’ll be honest ever since Andy became manager, majority of the episodes were pretty boring and or lame, but since he left on that boat trip the episodes have been great!! i love the erin pete thing going on and i guess its cuz andy is treating her more like a sister or a dog rather than his gf, he puts his own needs before her, even returning on valentines day was not even for Erin it was for himself because David wallace was coming to visit, im still watching this valentines day episode so im looking forward to seeing Erin dumping him, but on a sad but srsly true note, the show is better without andy at this point, they screwed up the value of his character, he became annoying/not funny and just a plain snooze fest, the show’s great without him.

Comment by K – May 19, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post