CBS Renews NCIS For Season 11 as Mark Harmon Inks New Deal -- But What About Cote de Pablo?

NCIS Renewed Season 11Color us not surprised: CBS has renewed NCIS for a 11th season after finalizing a new deal with leading man Mark Harmon, the network announced Friday.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Coming Back? What’s on the Bubble?

“In a world gone niche, NCIS keeps getting bigger, and Mark Harmon continues to define the role of leading man on the No. 1 show on television,” said CBS President and CEO Les Moonves in a statement. “NCIS is the type of franchise every company wants in today’s global content ecosystem — high-quality storytelling that generates passionate viewers and drives revenue on every conceivable platform.”

CBS is said to be still in negotiations with Harmon’s co-star, Cote de Pablo, whose deal is also set to expire at season’s end. (The rest of the cast is locked in.)

Currently in its 10th season, NCIS ranks as TV’s most-watched drama series with an average audience of 21.48 million viewers.

Thoughts? Are you as not shocked as we are? Concerned that Ziva remains a question mark? Hit the comments!

1. Velvet says:

I liked Kate when NCIS first started it was hard to adjust to someone new coming on the show But……. Ziva just fits!! I was really glad they found someone who really fits the part I hope she comes back next season it won’t be the same she is part of the NCIS Family!!!!!😊

2. Denise says:

I would like to see all the same cast come back to the show! I don’t think that the show would be the same if they all weren’t there. I would kind of like to see Ziva and Toney get together but at the same time I think it would be a bad thing since they work together.

3. Shauni says:

NCIS is my favourite program, I watch it constantly and love all the characters individually, even the autopsy gremlin. The characters make the show what it is. You remove one, and the show loses it chemistry. I watched NCIS: Los Angeles, it was nothing compared to NCIS. Kate left, and it was sad but Cote’s Character is more alive than Kate ever was. If Ziva left, I probably wouldn’t watch it again because it would ruin the show, and I wouldn’t want my opinion of the show to change.

4. Pam Henry says:

NCIS wont be the same without Ziva she has to stay it a perfect the way it you will lose viewers if you mess with this group. PLEASE KEEP ZIVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Ziva David says:

I really hope she either signed the contract or did I love Ziva

6. Isabella coz way says:

I don’t like the fact of Ziva being questioned marked.
    I sure hope she stays.
    Also very glad Gibbs is staying :)

7. Tanya says:

I would love to see Ziva return! I like the entire team. Yes of COURSE I am a GIBBS fan hehe, who isnt?! But, Ziva is a unique character… and there isn’t another show that I am aware of, with a “ex mossad” agent… no other show with a weird Abby… or wise and annoying Ducky… or geeky Tim… or soft hearted, trying to be charming Tony… or head slapping Gibbs with that smile… ah that smile! hehe… plus the storyline is great… they have a winning acting team.. why mess with something that works?!
    What I would like to see more of though, is Ziva’s military training in action ;-)

8. Ziva is the most believable female action actress on television. Her fight scenes look believable not staged. Most female actresses do not have the moves that makes throwing men down and hand cuffing them look real, however Ziva makes these moves believable. Ziva is worth every dollar she wants and it would be a great mistake for the show to lose Ziva.
    by Ray Coppenbarger

• Alisa Neely says:

but, do they to DUMB DOWN a originally STRONG male character, to make ziva a strong female action character?….that’s MY COMPLAINT….ever since she was brought onto the show….the characters ( especially TONY), have been changed….tony would NOT be an NCIS AGENT and on gibbs team, if he wasn’t GOOD at what he does and could cover his partners backs…..HOWEVER, when he’s sent out with ziva; it seems as if they make him unable to TAKE CARE of himself….and she HAS to come to the rescue….and she has to be NASTY later…..tony would NEVER, think of leaving his partners in the field without BACKUP, the way tim and ziva did that time….and then claim it was just a joke…..and she’s NEVER been MADE to PAY for what she’s done……sorry, but i WISH she wasn’t returning next season….IF she is.

9. mary n. says:

The network HAS to keep Ziva!!! She is as important as any other member on the team!!! Everyone in my house loves her, it just wouldn’t be right without her. Please keep Ziva!!!

10. No#1Fan xD says:

Lmao gotta laugh at some of these comments here. I think people are missing the point. Surely this is about the exciting proposition of another great season of NCIS and not about who you like or dislike?! This is not high school… Although it sounds like!
    The actors and actresses were chosen to perform a role which have all succeeded otherwise I’m sure their characters would have lasted as long as they have. Each person have a different personality to portray but as a whole create a perfect team that is why after 10 seasons, NCIS has still a massive fan base. Don’t hate people you don’t know, all you know is the character they portray and not the actual person. Besides, if you don’t like them that much then go watch the teletubbies lmao!!!
    If you love the show then sit back and chillax!… If you don’t then go play Tetris!!

11. Lena86 says:

I hope CBS can agree and that her contract is renewed; also, I’d lke to see the relationship with Tony develop; they need each other, and complement each other; they could, eventually, be married agents ( useful in plot lines with them undercover

12. chihuahua says:

Why is cote de pablo leaving

13. Marcie Lane says:

Ziva needs to stay. She is an awesome character and the show would not be the same without her. I like her far better than I did Kate. So everyone at CBS do whatever it takes to keep Cote on the show as Ziva.

14. Ahmad Mahabir says:

I don’t think that ziva should leave her acting is perfect

15. Deanne says:

She will be nearly IMPOSSIBLE to replace, I feel sorry for the person replacing her. NCIS had the PERFECT TEAM with “Ziva”. I hope something changes and she continues to stay with NCIS.