Kyle MacLachlan to Return to How I Met Your Mother -- What Does The Captain Want?

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHERAn unexpected blast from the past is coming to How I Met Your Mother.

Kyle MacLachlan will reprise his role as The Captain on the hit CBS comedy, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Renewed For Final Season – Find Out When We’ll Meet the Mother!

Per Vulture, which first reported the news, the actor will appear in the Feb. 18 episode. The Captain, aka the ex-husband of Zoey (played by Once Upon a Time‘s Jennifer Morrison), will contact Ted out of the blue —  naturally, stressing him out.

HIMYM fans, why do you think The Captain’s getting in touch with Ted?

1. Mike says:

Great, he was a part of one of my favorite episodes of Season 6, I assume there will be some mention of Zoey, maybe will also see Jennifer Morrison return. I always thought while their relationship was a disaster, deserved a better ending.

2. The Captain was the only good part of that Zoey storyline. Stoked to see him again!

3. serena says:

It would be the best if Ray Wise was also in the episode so we could have a mini twin peaks reunion.

4. Azerty says:

I hope he will call Ted “Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville”.

5. Teag says:

Why do people hate Zoey so much?

• Shannon says:

Because she was the WORST of all of Ted’s girlfriends!!! Not only did Zoey and Ted have absolutely nothing in common but their whole relationship was based on her trying to kill Ted’s dream of adding to the New York City sky line. Oh also the fact that she constantly wore berets was annoying too!

• ABC says:

Well Jennifer Morrison is a pretty annoying actress to begin with.

6. Britta Unfiltered says:

Kyle MacLachlan + Special appearance on any TV show = Makes life a lot better. I sure hope Portlandia is bringing him back as the mayor for future episodes too. “Have you met Brian and Joseph?”

7. Alan says:

the only good thing to come out of season 6 is returning, good ill take that gladly but they better have a good reason and not waste it like they did bringing back artillery arthur, my favourite recurring character given nothing to do.

8. The Squatch says:

“And how can this guest appearance be? For he IS the Kwisatz Haderach!”

9. Nero theTVFiddler says:

How did I get the name Captain? Gave it to myself. A real man chooses his own name.