Scary-Good Scoop: Lily Rabe Confirmed For American Horror Story Season 3

Get More: Casting News

American Horror Story Season 3 Cast Lily RabeAmerican Horror Story‘s third season will not be lacking in girl power.

Series cocreator Ryan Murphy announced on Twitter late Thursday that AHS staple Lily Rabe “is on board for American Horror Story Season 3,” adding, “So talented. Love her!”

RELATED | American Horror Story Scoop: Fresh Intel on Jessica Lange’s New Character

Rabe’s booking means that Murphy gets to hang on to what are arguably the franchise’s three strongest female assets, the other two being the already-confirmed Jessica Lange and Sarah Pauslon. Per tradition, all three will play brand new characters.

PHOTOS | 23 Shows We’d Remake or Revive Now!

Murphy recently confirmed that Season 3 (which will also feature AHS vet Evan Peters) will be “more historical in nature” and have a “different tone” than Season 2. It will also take place in modern day, but just like past seasons, we will see different “time periods” and “there [will] also be different cities.”

Comments (139)

• Yay! I love her cuz she is sooo good at being bad, and Jessica Lange is a goddess!!! Also hoping Sarah Paulson is back! I was so happy season 2 ended the way it did.

American Horror Story is my show!!!!!!!!

Comment by Stephanie – February 1, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Show me your mossy banks….eeeeewwwwww

Comment by eljeran – February 1, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to be another great and horrorific season. I love AHS this is the first show I have ever completely watched and enjoyed. It fits into my elements I love horror,supernatural, weird and freaky….. Peter Evans is so hot!!! :)

Comment by violet Mendoza – February 1, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Jessica Lang is coming back im happy.

Comment by TimP – February 1, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These women are so talented. I love them! I’m sure 3rd AHS will be as interesting as previous seasons and maybe even more.

Comment by Mystic D – February 1, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Plz being back Jenna Dewan Tatum she was better then I thought and I think she could be a big asset to the show.

Comment by Tim – February 1, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Frances Conroy better be back… all I’m saying

Comment by Brittany – February 1, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited Sarah and Lily are back. I still can’t believe neither of them received any award nominations this year. Though I love Jessica Lange, I don’t think she held a candle to those two this season. At least not till the end of the season. Sarah Paulson in particular had such an emotionally challenging role.

Comment by blackwidow – February 1, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best show ever cant wait for next season Ryan u are the best. Don’t ever stop

Comment by lisa – February 1, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back zachary quinto he’s to fabulous to not be in every season. He’s just so good at being bad.

Comment by Kim – February 1, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Freaking love these series!!!keep up the good work…when will season 3 come out??? I’m sooooo anxious..please….I truly can’t wait!!!

Comment by lele – February 1, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Although I love Jessica Lange and Frances Conroy I am THRILLED that my queen Sarah Paulson is back. LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!

Comment by Jessa – February 1, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I kinda like Even Peters….Dylan…ahhhh…!!!

Comment by Kelly Suarez – February 1, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Connie Britton to come back!!

Comment by Staci – February 1, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No one’s mentioned Kate Mara. I’d like to see her back season 3. I loved the psycho stalker she played season 1. As for returning minor players, Franka Potente would be agreat choice to bring back. She’s good in everything.

Comment by Henry – February 1, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @ Stan – season 2 was about mental illness. I believe that’s the reason in was more all over the place than season 1. I think it provided the viewers with a glimpse into what it feels like to be crazy. Brilliant!!

Comment by Robert – February 1, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Robert, I thought season 2 was a huge statement about controlling women. Shelly (sexually empowered) gets her arms and legs cut off. Anne Frank gets lobotomized. The working woman, Lana, gets locked up. The woman with the most power, Sister Jude, is locked away forever, with the world thinking she has died. It seemed to me that it was about horrible things men do, or want to do, to women. There was more, but I have forgotten. If I remember I’ll reply again.

Comment by Stan Kansas – February 1, 2013 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @ Maira V. – we all lived Pepper. However, writing a pun head into the next season would not make sense.

That said, the actress that played Pepper could return.

Btw. Check out the you tube video of her getting her makeup applied. Amazing work.

Comment by Robert – February 1, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I heard that the Season 2 episode “The Name Game” contains clues about Season 3. Need to watch it again, very closely!

Comment by Alex – February 1, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want them to incorporate the “name game” in every season…… loved it!!!!!

Comment by Carol Fueston – February 1, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sarah Paulson sucks I strongly dislike her!!!! but I’m pretty excited about everyone else!!! :-)

Comment by marie – February 1, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and yes please bring back Francis Conroy!!!!!!

Comment by marie – February 1, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ihope Zachary is able to come back.If that’s what he wants,Love him!!!!

Comment by rebecca – February 1, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing a southern plantation. Counting the days until next season!

Comment by L A Calkins – February 1, 2013 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t forget to bring back evan peters(kit/tate) awesome cast

Comment by sandi hayes – February 1, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring Zachary Q and Dylan M back… make them boyfriends… let the romance bloom amid the carnage! :)

Comment by JJR – February 1, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree bring back Zachary Quinto and Dylan, Zachary was awesome this season as was Jessica Lange, she gave the best performance out of everyone. Regarding a previous comment, we did see what happened to Dr Arden and leatherface?? Am I missing something? And yes it was all over the place but it was all tied together in the last 3 or 4 episodes. Loved 1 and 2 and can’t wait for 3

Comment by Tracy Linton – February 1, 2013 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey Tracy, I think you are referring to my comment….yes, WE know the fate of Dr. Arden, but to the staff at Briarcliff, and the rest of the world he just vanished. His dying was elegant, but wouldn’t it have been more satisfying to see Dr. Arden have HIS arms and legs amputated? I just felt kind of cheated. I really wanted him to suffer. And Bloody Face, just before he is killed, he turns to mix a drink and reach for his gun. He STILL thinks he will beat Lana. And she shoots him in the back of the head. How great it would have been to watch his face when he realizes that Lana has beaten him.

Comment by Stan Kansas – February 1, 2013 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The maid / kiss of death lady better be back too! Also iconic

Comment by Danielle – February 1, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Frances conroy is highly iconic for this show, she definitely needs to return! I would b highly upset if not!

Comment by Danielle – February 1, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!

Comment by aleksa – February 1, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • make your season like a soap and be on 5 days a week! I love this series, getting ready to watch right now again thanks to tivo!

Comment by kristy – February 1, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, I think the creators behind it all are bloody genius :)

I hope for season 4 to take place at a weird hotel/motel/Inn etc ;)

Comment by starlytia – February 2, 2013 12:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Before season two started I thought it will be hard to like it more than season pne. But it happened! I love both and I cant decide which one I love more! And now we will have season three as well and i am sure i’m not gonna be disappointed :)

Comment by Dysmonn – February 2, 2013 02:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved Season 1 – stories were so emotionally addictive and .excellent. Could really feel for all the characters especially Evan Peters as Tate. Stole my heart. Liked Season 2 and again Evan as Kit sweetest story. Dylan McDermott touching story. Glad it’s returning – will be there!

Comment by Janet L Pelly – February 2, 2013 05:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Frances Conroy,and lots of her,please…..

Comment by Yvonne Mann – February 2, 2013 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A few people mentioned it, but I am kind of disappointed that not many people have mentioned Zachary Quinto. He has been a true highlight for me these past two seasons. I’d love to see him, Frances Conroy, and Kate Mara return.

Comment by A – February 2, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hated the first season (was soooo cheesy and campy, dare I say – cliche?) ABSOLUTELY LOOOOVED Asylum. Hope season 3 is more Asylum than Season 1. Can’t wait!

Comment by Miley – February 4, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOO!!! Officially pumped (: Lily was awesome in assylum! The season as a whole wasn’t as good as the first but she was fantastic! Can’t wait!!

Comment by Hannnnnahhh – February 5, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy that Jessica Lange, Sarah Pauslon and Evan Peters will be in season three! They were absolutely amazing!!

Comment by San – February 6, 2013 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brock Lesnar has been.confirmed for season 3s line-up. He will be playing a antagonist of the series.

Comment by john c – February 6, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The cast is so talented and the writing beyond words. FX has produced some of the best shows since they aired The Shield…Keeps me interested in what they will do next!

Comment by Stephen – February 7, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally in love with AHS. Would love you be part of such an amazing show!!!! {Wink wink}

Comment by heidi – February 7, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ilikeyou

Comment by lachmandas – February 14, 2013 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when is season 3 going to start up. just watched all of season two. loved it all. does anyone know. please reply.

Comment by anissa – March 8, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AHS always premieres around Halloween.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 8, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If some one wants to be updated with most up-to-date technologies after that he must be go to see this site and be up to date daily.

Comment by http://www.fossickerbooks.com/2012/10/the-comfort-of-strangers-by-ian-mcewan/ – May 11, 2013 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post