Scary-Good Scoop: Lily Rabe Confirmed For American Horror Story Season 3

American Horror Story Season 3 Cast Lily RabeAmerican Horror Story‘s third season will not be lacking in girl power.

Series cocreator Ryan Murphy announced on Twitter late Thursday that AHS staple Lily Rabe “is on board for American Horror Story Season 3,” adding, “So talented. Love her!”

RELATED | American Horror Story Scoop: Fresh Intel on Jessica Lange’s New Character

Rabe’s booking means that Murphy gets to hang on to what are arguably the franchise’s three strongest female assets, the other two being the already-confirmed Jessica Lange and Sarah Pauslon. Per tradition, all three will play brand new characters.

PHOTOS | 23 Shows We’d Remake or Revive Now!

Murphy recently confirmed that Season 3 (which will also feature AHS vet Evan Peters) will be “more historical in nature” and have a “different tone” than Season 2. It will also take place in modern day, but just like past seasons, we will see different “time periods” and “there [will] also be different cities.”

1. Stephanie says:

Yay! I love her cuz she is sooo good at being bad, and Jessica Lange is a goddess!!! Also hoping Sarah Paulson is back! I was so happy season 2 ended the way it did.

American Horror Story is my show!!!!!!!!

2. eljeran says:

Show me your mossy banks….eeeeewwwwww

3. violet Mendoza says:

This is going to be another great and horrorific season. I love AHS this is the first show I have ever completely watched and enjoyed. It fits into my elements I love horror,supernatural, weird and freaky….. Peter Evans is so hot!!! :)

4. TimP says:

As long as Jessica Lang is coming back im happy.

5. Mystic D says:

These women are so talented. I love them! I’m sure 3rd AHS will be as interesting as previous seasons and maybe even more.

6. Tim says:

Plz being back Jenna Dewan Tatum she was better then I thought and I think she could be a big asset to the show.

7. Brittany says:

Frances Conroy better be back… all I’m saying

8. blackwidow says:

Very excited Sarah and Lily are back. I still can’t believe neither of them received any award nominations this year. Though I love Jessica Lange, I don’t think she held a candle to those two this season. At least not till the end of the season. Sarah Paulson in particular had such an emotionally challenging role.

9. lisa says:

Best show ever cant wait for next season Ryan u are the best. Don’t ever stop

10. Kim says:

Bring back zachary quinto he’s to fabulous to not be in every season. He’s just so good at being bad.

11. lele says:

Freaking love these series!!!keep up the good work…when will season 3 come out??? I’m sooooo anxious..please….I truly can’t wait!!!

12. Jessa says:

Although I love Jessica Lange and Frances Conroy I am THRILLED that my queen Sarah Paulson is back. LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!

13. Kelly Suarez says:

I kinda like Even Peters….Dylan…ahhhh…!!!

14. Staci says:

I want Connie Britton to come back!!

15. Henry says:

No one’s mentioned Kate Mara. I’d like to see her back season 3. I loved the psycho stalker she played season 1. As for returning minor players, Franka Potente would be agreat choice to bring back. She’s good in everything.

16. Robert says:

@ Stan – season 2 was about mental illness. I believe that’s the reason in was more all over the place than season 1. I think it provided the viewers with a glimpse into what it feels like to be crazy. Brilliant!!

• Stan Kansas says:

Robert, I thought season 2 was a huge statement about controlling women. Shelly (sexually empowered) gets her arms and legs cut off. Anne Frank gets lobotomized. The working woman, Lana, gets locked up. The woman with the most power, Sister Jude, is locked away forever, with the world thinking she has died. It seemed to me that it was about horrible things men do, or want to do, to women. There was more, but I have forgotten. If I remember I’ll reply again.

17. Robert says:

@ Maira V. – we all lived Pepper. However, writing a pun head into the next season would not make sense.

That said, the actress that played Pepper could return.

Btw. Check out the you tube video of her getting her makeup applied. Amazing work.

18. Alex says:

I heard that the Season 2 episode “The Name Game” contains clues about Season 3. Need to watch it again, very closely!

19. Carol Fueston says:

I just want them to incorporate the “name game” in every season…… loved it!!!!!

20. marie says:

Sarah Paulson sucks I strongly dislike her!!!! but I’m pretty excited about everyone else!!! :-)

21. rebecca says:

Ihope Zachary is able to come back.If that’s what he wants,Love him!!!!

22. L A Calkins says:

I’m guessing a southern plantation. Counting the days until next season!

23. sandi hayes says:

Don’t forget to bring back evan peters(kit/tate) awesome cast

24. JJR says:

Please bring Zachary Q and Dylan M back… make them boyfriends… let the romance bloom amid the carnage! :)

25. Tracy Linton says:

I agree bring back Zachary Quinto and Dylan, Zachary was awesome this season as was Jessica Lange, she gave the best performance out of everyone. Regarding a previous comment, we did see what happened to Dr Arden and leatherface?? Am I missing something? And yes it was all over the place but it was all tied together in the last 3 or 4 episodes. Loved 1 and 2 and can’t wait for 3

• Stan Kansas says:

Hey Tracy, I think you are referring to my comment….yes, WE know the fate of Dr. Arden, but to the staff at Briarcliff, and the rest of the world he just vanished. His dying was elegant, but wouldn’t it have been more satisfying to see Dr. Arden have HIS arms and legs amputated? I just felt kind of cheated. I really wanted him to suffer. And Bloody Face, just before he is killed, he turns to mix a drink and reach for his gun. He STILL thinks he will beat Lana. And she shoots him in the back of the head. How great it would have been to watch his face when he realizes that Lana has beaten him.

26. Danielle says:

The maid / kiss of death lady better be back too! Also iconic

27. Danielle says:

Frances conroy is highly iconic for this show, she definitely needs to return! I would b highly upset if not!

28. kristy says:

make your season like a soap and be on 5 days a week! I love this series, getting ready to watch right now again thanks to tivo!

29. starlytia says:

I love this show, I think the creators behind it all are bloody genius :)

I hope for season 4 to take place at a weird hotel/motel/Inn etc ;)

30. Dysmonn says:

Before season two started I thought it will be hard to like it more than season pne. But it happened! I love both and I cant decide which one I love more! And now we will have season three as well and i am sure i’m not gonna be disappointed :)

31. Loved Season 1 – stories were so emotionally addictive and .excellent. Could really feel for all the characters especially Evan Peters as Tate. Stole my heart. Liked Season 2 and again Evan as Kit sweetest story. Dylan McDermott touching story. Glad it’s returning – will be there!

32. Yvonne Mann says:

Frances Conroy,and lots of her,please…..

33. A says:

A few people mentioned it, but I am kind of disappointed that not many people have mentioned Zachary Quinto. He has been a true highlight for me these past two seasons. I’d love to see him, Frances Conroy, and Kate Mara return.

34. Miley says:

Hated the first season (was soooo cheesy and campy, dare I say – cliche?) ABSOLUTELY LOOOOVED Asylum. Hope season 3 is more Asylum than Season 1. Can’t wait!

35. Hannnnnahhh says:

WOO!!! Officially pumped (: Lily was awesome in assylum! The season as a whole wasn’t as good as the first but she was fantastic! Can’t wait!!

36. San says:

I am so happy that Jessica Lange, Sarah Pauslon and Evan Peters will be in season three! They were absolutely amazing!!

37. john c says:

Brock Lesnar has been.confirmed for season 3s line-up. He will be playing a antagonist of the series.

38. Stephen says:

The cast is so talented and the writing beyond words. FX has produced some of the best shows since they aired The Shield…Keeps me interested in what they will do next!

39. heidi says:

Totally in love with AHS. Would love you be part of such an amazing show!!!! {Wink wink}

40. anissa says:

when is season 3 going to start up. just watched all of season two. loved it all. does anyone know. please reply.

41. If some one wants to be updated with most up-to-date technologies after that he must be go to see this site and be up to date daily.