Lifetime Greenlights Witches Of East End Starring Julia Ormond, Jenna Dewan and Mädchen Amick

juliaIn a spellbinding development, Lifetime has handed a 10-episode series order to Witches of East End, an hour-long drama based on Melissa de la Cruz’s best-selling novel.

Witches centers on Joanna Beauchamp (Julia Ormond) and her two adult daughters Freya (American Horror Story: Asylum‘s Jenna Dewan) and Ingrid (American Dreams’ Rachel Boston), both of whom unknowingly are their family’s next generation of witches. When Freya becomes engaged to a young, wealthy newcomer, a series of events forces Joanna to admit to her daughters they are, in fact, powerful and immortal witches.

The cast also includes Mädchen Amick as Joanna’s sister Wendy.

Maggie Friedman, who helmed ABC’s similarly-themed Eastwick, will serve as showrunner.

Witches is slated to launch later this year.

1. Bruce_F says:

A 1 episode series order? That’s a typo, right?

2. Autumn says:

That sounds awesome! I loved Eastwick when it was on.

3. Marcos says:

I loved Eastwick! I wish it could at least lasted for a full season

4. Yes this will be the show that will fill heartbreak Eastwick left me with once it got cancel and to see Maggie will be a showrunner makes want this show even more.

5. ABC says:

it’s like the new Charmed!

6. Jason Lawson says:

THIS LOOKS LIKE IT’S GOING TO BE AMAZING!!!! Yasss!! Sad Secret Circle got canceled on The CW because the new boss of the network clearly seems like a douche and wanted to get rid of it because that Josh guy has made like a billion shows for their network!!! Secret Circle was the third highest rated show on the cw and it got canceled! I hope this show will be just as good and better! It’s about time Hollywood try to go the witch route after/during this vampire craze.

7. Strepsi says:

Oh Michael, did you really just say “In a spellbinding development”? Next if you say a Sci-Fi show is “out of this world”, hunty I’m quitting this blog.

• Eli says:

Seriously? I thought it was smartly funny, made me chuckle.
      Come on Strepsi, you are here for the timely news and the writers take on TV entertainment developments. Hit a book for uber-eloquent literary hoity toity prose.

8. Elle says:

When will Devious Maids coming I’ve been waiting for ages!!

9. Martin says:

Lets hope it learns from whatever didn’t make eastwick work for ABC.

10. Eliza says:

I really liked Eastwick a lot so I’m definitely interested in this.
    I’m currently watching a young Madchen Amick on Twin Peaks :) Finally got around to seeing it as I was too young to watch when it originally aired.

11. Mick says:

How are they going to work around the whole Jenna Dewan is pregnant thing?

12. Steven says:

I’m going to have keep reading those books now! I hope it’ll be like Charmed.

13. della says:

The books are nothing like charmed, just hope the series stays true to the books. If you haven’t read them, it is a must. Melissa did a very good with this story line.

14. rmcepp says:

Can’t wait. Missed the older one when it was cancelled. The one with Rebecca R.

15. Sari says:

I loved the books but this series sounds like all it is doing is using character names – nothing to do with the book storyline