Vampire Diaries Recap: Bad Romance, Bad Witch

A View to a KillOn Thursday’s Vampire Diaries, Stefan schooled Rebekah on the ’80s, Bonnie showed off her badass magic mojo and Jeremy and Elena went after Kol. Along the way, several hearts got broken. Let’s revisit the episode’s highlights:

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Vampire Diaries and More!

HOW TO STOP AN ORIGINAL | In order to get her brother to kill Kol and grow his hunter’s mark, Elena lures the Original into a trap with the promise of a truce in the name of Silas. Jeremy’s forced to let Kol into their home as his sis tries to convince him she’ll stop looking for the cure if he leaves Jeremy alone. Besides, she explains, she doesn’t want the hell on Earth that will come with Silas’ rising any more than he does. The plan backfires, however, when Kol rejects her truce offer and attacks them. He stakes Elena to the wall while strapping Jer down on the kitchen island so he can chop of his arms! Elena’s able to get free eventually and save her brother and set Kol on fire, which even makes Klaus shed a tear. He vows to kill them all. He planned to anyway after destroying the cure. Bonnie arrives just in time to basically turn Klaus into a mime act by trapping him in an invisible box in the Gilbert living room. It will buy them three or four days to find the cure, she explains. And bam! Hulk Jeremy rips his shirt because his growing hunter’s mark cannot be contained.

DANCE WITH ME | Stefan tries to sneak out of Rebekah’s bedroom the morning after their tryst. Vamp super speed helps, but he’s still caught in the act by Klaus. “Leaving so soon?” taunts the Original. After the ’80s decade dance is canceled, Stefan and Rebekah break into the school and he tells her about the wonders of the time period (The Cure! Bon Jovi! Say Anything!) and even teaches her The Breakfast Club slide. It’s all very sweet and cute, but unfortunately, he’s just trying to distract her while Matt searches her place for the dagger to kill Kol. In the end, Rebekah gives it up to Stefan – it was with her all along – because she wants to be human again and find someone who will hold up a boom box for her. This is going to end badly for her, isn’t it?

PHOTOS | Vampire Diaries: Nova Scotia or Bust!

BONNIE DARKO | Remember how Shane said Bonnie was a ticking time bomb? Well, she’s going off. Her dad calls in her mom Abby for reinforcement and to clear the witch’s mind of the darkness he’s filled it with. “It’s expression, and I need it!” Bonnie exclaims. Spoken like a true addict. And isn’t it a little hypocritical that Bonnie defends the magic Shane has taught her, but then pretty much calls Shane a crazy person who’s been locked up when her dad brings up the professor’s warning? And yes, Bonnie is proving herself to be instrumental and powerful, but at what cost? She almost killed her own mom!

RELATIONSHIP ADVICE | Klaus, forced to babysit Damon, starts poking around about how Elena has forgiven all his bad deeds. How is that possible? But what he really wants to know is how to get Caroline to forgive him, especially after he killed Carol Lockwood. Damon tells him he does bad things to be a dick. “Be bad with purpose,” he says. “Otherwise you’re not worth forgiving.” Later on, things get ugly between Damon and Stefan when the elder Salvatore lets it slip in front of Elena that his brother slept with Rebekah. Stefan pointedly suggests that his bro should use his sire bond to his advantage to calm Elena, and then the fists go flying.

And lastly, a few more standout lines:

– Damon says his brother “ripped out a page of my revenge sex handbook.” Can Revenge get one of those, too?

– Stefan on the Originals: “They may be dysfunctional, bickering lunatics, but they stick together.”

– Kol describing the threat of Silas: “That’s the problem with people today – they’ve lost faith, and in that loss, they no longer know who they should fear.”

Vampire Diaries fans, what did you think of this week’s episode? Was anyone else bummed that Stefan was just using Rebekah? Were you sad to see Kol go? And what do you suppose Caroline and Tyler are up to?

1. vannesa180 says:

matt needs to die..cuz they cant really do much with his character anyway..

2. vannesa180 says:

matt needs to die..cuz wats his point on the show..they see two main characters will die from wat im hearing its damon and maybe it should be matt

• Cathy O. says:

I heard it was Damon too and I don’t know who the other character will be. I agree it should be Matt because he is really not serving a purpose on the show. Wouldn’t that be something though for Matt to end up dying anyway after all Elena did to save him.

3. vannesa180 says:

will matt be a main character that will die

4. vannesa180 says:

from what i been hearing..damons suppose to die..and who else?

• Cathy O. says:

The only person I heard is suppose to die is Damon. But one of the spoilers I recently read on hollywoodlife.com said that Damon would be relaying bad news to Rebekah, so maybe Klaus is going to die. Who knows. I didn’t hear anything about Matt dying but since he really doesn’t have a storyline, if he died, it wouldn’t be that earth shattering.

5. vannesa180 says:

but wats the point of saving matt..hes not important anyway

6. vannesa180 says:

i really want katherine back

7. Cathy O. says:

Here’s what I would like to happen. PLEASE let Elena make a choice between the guys, hopefullly choosing Damon and bring Katherine back for Stefan and wrap the love triangle up for once and for all. Talking about beating a story to death. Then for next season let’s get into other stories about them as well as stories including other character on the show. I mean what about Bonnie/Jeremy/Tyler/Caroline, etc. They are all good characters to explore. My goodness enough is enough with the love triangle!

• Fran says:

I can’t see Stefan being with Katherine- he hates her and everything she’s done. If anything let him be with Rebekah. Those two are fantastic together. I don’t mind Elena being with Damon but… she is just so annoying anymore that Damon kind of seems too good for her. And again, yes Stefan is being a dick but come on already. People do crazy and mean things when their heart is broken. She slept with Damon immediately after things ended with Stefan. You can’t tell me that wouldn’t hurt. So yes he is being a dick but I still understand why. Damon had acted the same way in the past when hurt by Elena.

8. vannesa180 says:

i dont think a realationship with stefan and katherine would last..but damon as a human..should b intresting.i would like to how he would handle it

• Cathy O. says:

Oh Damon as a human would definitely be interesting. What’s so funny about it is that he seems to be the only one out of the bunch who doesn’t want to become human. I am thinking he will definitely not handle it well. But that has to be what happens because I don’t think Elena is getting the cure and the sire bond has to be broken. The next few episodes should really be interesting.

9. vannesa180 says:

i dont think elena should get the cure..becuz she hasnt been a vampire that long anyway.i wanna see her do and go through more as a vampire..but damon doesnt wanna be human..so i dont think he should be

10. Cathy O. says:

OMG! Did anyone else see this?

Vampire Diaries fans, prepare yourselves for a major death.

“There are huge deaths coming up, one in particular,” star Kat Graham tells TVGuide.com. “It’s one of the most amazing scripts I’ve read; I actually cried when I read it!”

Yes, we know on a supernatural show, death is inevitable and not always meaningful, but Graham says this one will stick. “It’s actually one of the biggest deaths since the beginning of The Vampire Diaries,” Graham says. “It’ll change the nature of the series; it’ll change the nature of the characters going forward; it’ll change the dynamic; it will completely alter everything.”

Will one of the Salvatore brothers actually kill the other? Will Klaus betray his love Caroline and stake her? Will Jeremy lose a battle as the Hunter? Will Bonnie’s magic once and for all be too much for her body to take? Share your theories below and vote in our poll!

11. vannesa180 says:

im really dont think elena will have the cure..im thinking it might be someone else..and if the person that dies is damon..imma b so upset..i really think they should kill klaus..like for real..but wat if stefan took the cure?..i can only imagine..knowing the vampire diaries…i kno it will be intresting.

12. Apples2Apples says:

Honestly, it’s characters like Kol that get me to watch a show. Spike was the reason why I started watching Buffy/Angel and Dean was the reason why I started watching Supernatural. Kol’s kind of character actually makes shows tolerable. I hate dramas, but when you add Kol, it becomes bearable, if not enjoyable (I mean that times a million, he was epic).
    Part of me hopes that there is some sort of planned way to get him back because I honestly don’t think I can sit through just drama.
    I don’t think the show is poorly written or awful by any means, but it’s just not my kind of scene. I don’t handle drama well, I need something to lighten things up.