Video: Keri Russell Opens Up About That Felicity Haircut, Her Frantic Call to Scott Speedman, and Star Wars Hopes; Plus -- Americans Spoilers!

Keri Russell Haircut Felicity It’s my guest in this bonus episode of Spoiler Alert! that puts the special in “special edition”: Dame Keri Russell, the ass-kicking leading lady from FX’s hot new Cold War drama, The Americans, my former Felicity co-star and (potentially) a key member of the Star Wars VII cast!

POLL | The Americans Premiere — Love It or Hate It?

Over the course of eight magical minutes, the Golden Globe winner not only explains why she considers herself to be “the most boring” of her new series’ ensemble, she also reveals which blue showbiz legends she hopes will eventually guest on the show. She also fesses up about why she looks back at her days as Felicity “angrily,” recalls how former leading man Scott Speedman recently talked her down off the ledge, and yes, there might be some chatter about the likelihood of her reteaming with J.J. Abrams on a certain surefire movie blockbuster.

So no more dillydallying: Press PLAY below, then hit the comments!

1. Fan says:

omg she seems like such a sweetheart! so down to earth! i miss Felicity so much!

2. Danielle H. says:

Cute interview!!! Makes me want to go watch Felicity, which I’ve never seen.

3. Shaun says:

I still maintain that Felicity’s hair was a part of her character and it was almost as bad as physically scarring her skin.Anyways,funny Star Wars stuff.

4. Guys and girls, as a lifelong fan of Felicity, let me assure you that it’s one series you will treasure every minute of. Four seasons was not enough–I mean, Keri, JJ Abrams, Speedman, Foley, and so much more. Javier! Julie! I mean, the acting and the writing was like nothing we’ve seen since. Don’t wait another minute–get Felicity and watch it.

• wednesday says:

It’s one of my all time favorite shows! I watch it very summer. Like visiting an old friend! The whole cast was amazing. Always was a Ben girl though! Love Scott Speedman!

5. Patric says:

Looooove her!And I really like the show :)

6. CRC says:

She’s so great! Her new show is really cool, too — I’ve had it in my head all day. It’s great to see her doing TV drama again. I’d follow Felicity anywhere!

7. cW says:

love her, but it was the Scott Speedman teaser that made me click – I admit it. #TeamBen

• Jules says:

Ha. Me too! Although I also just started last nights episode of The Americans as I was scrolling through my twitter feed. But the Scott Speedman part is what made me pause and watch the whole vid. Definitely Team Ben! Noel was a tool.

8. Eliza says:

I love her. I’ve been a fan for a long, long time. Wish her much success with The Americans. I enjoyed it and I’m looking forward to more.
    The fact that Keri and Scott Speedman are still close — <3 Love! What I would give to see them work together again!!

9. AlbTrex says:

Omg, she is sooo sweet!!!!! That makes me wanna watch the Americans!! And Felicity all over again!! <3 <3

10. zaza says:

That story of her son being in love with Princess Leia…..so adorable!

11. Courtney says:

This interview made me want to go and rewatch Felicity. I adore that show. It means so much to me. And I’m so happy Keri looks back on it so fondly. And that her, Mandy, and Scott are still close. I hope she talks to Foley too! And just the show and the characters and the way it was written. I adore it. I always will.

12. I’m jealous of your friendship with her! Very cute interview.

13. KK says:

Gaaahhh! I LOVE Keri Russell! She is so great! Still the same funny and sweet person. Thanks for putting this up so quickly Michael!

I can’t express how happy it makes me that she calls Scott Speedman in times of crisis!! #ForeverTeamBen And that she’s still so close to Mandy! I hope they can all work together again on a project. God I miss Felicity! It might be time to have my annual Felicity rewatch!

I can’t wait to watch The Americans. I already know I’m going to love it!

JJ give her a part in Star Wars!!

14. S1monetz says:

She’s amazing! So down to earth *_* Lord if I miss Felicity and glad that she’s still in contact with Scott (my shipper heart exploded) and Mandy !!! With The Americans I’m definitely sold, can’t wait for more!!! Thank you Aus :)))

15. Tran says:

Keri Russell did re-team work with J.J. Abrams this time on the big screen in Mission: Impossible 3 back in 2006 where she only had a small role in the film. In case you guys didn’t recall that.

16. MA says:

What a great interview! Keri Russell has always seemed like such a lovely, talented person. Looking forward to The Americans being a huge hit.

17. Lucy says:

The pop-up teaser during the video says “Watch Part 2 with Michael Rhys”… umm… Matthew??