Video: Keri Russell Opens Up About That Felicity Haircut, Her Frantic Call to Scott Speedman, and Star Wars Hopes; Plus — Americans Spoilers!

Get More: Spoilers, Video

Keri Russell Haircut Felicity It’s my guest in this bonus episode of Spoiler Alert! that puts the special in “special edition”: Dame Keri Russell, the ass-kicking leading lady from FX’s hot new Cold War drama, The Americans, my former Felicity co-star and (potentially) a key member of the Star Wars VII cast!

POLL | The Americans Premiere — Love It or Hate It?

Over the course of eight magical minutes, the Golden Globe winner not only explains why she considers herself to be “the most boring” of her new series’ ensemble, she also reveals which blue showbiz legends she hopes will eventually guest on the show. She also fesses up about why she looks back at her days as Felicity “angrily,” recalls how former leading man Scott Speedman recently talked her down off the ledge, and yes, there might be some chatter about the likelihood of her reteaming with J.J. Abrams on a certain surefire movie blockbuster.

So no more dillydallying: Press PLAY below, then hit the comments!

Comments (27)

• omg she seems like such a sweetheart! so down to earth! i miss Felicity so much!

Comment by Fan – January 31, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cute interview!!! Makes me want to go watch Felicity, which I’ve never seen.

Comment by Danielle H. – January 31, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Never interested before or it ended before your time?

Comment by Shaun – January 31, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Watch it. Such a wonderful series. It’s very genuine.

Comment by Court – January 31, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Felicity is a great show! It’s small sort of, not flashy or intense, but a really well-crafted coming-of-age drama. Also crazy Meghan the roommate?? Hilarious!!

Comment by MA – February 11, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still maintain that Felicity’s hair was a part of her character and it was almost as bad as physically scarring her skin.Anyways,funny Star Wars stuff.

Comment by Shaun – January 31, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • seriously people quit watching a show because of a hair cut?

Comment by Eli – February 1, 2013 02:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Her hair was reaching legendary status it was so nice on her.I didn’t stop,but it just felt off starting then.

Comment by Shaun – February 1, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guys and girls, as a lifelong fan of Felicity, let me assure you that it’s one series you will treasure every minute of. Four seasons was not enough–I mean, Keri, JJ Abrams, Speedman, Foley, and so much more. Javier! Julie! I mean, the acting and the writing was like nothing we’ve seen since. Don’t wait another minute–get Felicity and watch it.

Comment by pantheralumguy – January 31, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s one of my all time favorite shows! I watch it very summer. Like visiting an old friend! The whole cast was amazing. Always was a Ben girl though! Love Scott Speedman!

Comment by wednesday – January 31, 2013 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looooove her!And I really like the show :)

Comment by Patric – January 31, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s so great! Her new show is really cool, too — I’ve had it in my head all day. It’s great to see her doing TV drama again. I’d follow Felicity anywhere!

Comment by CRC – January 31, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love her, but it was the Scott Speedman teaser that made me click – I admit it. #TeamBen

Comment by cW – January 31, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha. Me too! Although I also just started last nights episode of The Americans as I was scrolling through my twitter feed. But the Scott Speedman part is what made me pause and watch the whole vid. Definitely Team Ben! Noel was a tool.

Comment by Jules – January 31, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love her. I’ve been a fan for a long, long time. Wish her much success with The Americans. I enjoyed it and I’m looking forward to more.
    The fact that Keri and Scott Speedman are still close — <3 Love! What I would give to see them work together again!!

Comment by Eliza – January 31, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg, she is sooo sweet!!!!! That makes me wanna watch the Americans!! And Felicity all over again!! <3 <3

Comment by AlbTrex – January 31, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That story of her son being in love with Princess Leia…..so adorable!

Comment by zaza – January 31, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Five or ten years from now, when someone digs out that video for her son, he is going to be MORTIFIED.

Comment by wordsmith – January 31, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly my thought!!!
        It was hilarious, but poor son when he sees it xD

Comment by tamara – February 1, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This interview made me want to go and rewatch Felicity. I adore that show. It means so much to me. And I’m so happy Keri looks back on it so fondly. And that her, Mandy, and Scott are still close. I hope she talks to Foley too! And just the show and the characters and the way it was written. I adore it. I always will.

Comment by Courtney – January 31, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m jealous of your friendship with her! Very cute interview.

Comment by Funmi Sunmonu – January 31, 2013 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gaaahhh! I LOVE Keri Russell! She is so great! Still the same funny and sweet person. Thanks for putting this up so quickly Michael!

I can’t express how happy it makes me that she calls Scott Speedman in times of crisis!! #ForeverTeamBen And that she’s still so close to Mandy! I hope they can all work together again on a project. God I miss Felicity! It might be time to have my annual Felicity rewatch!

I can’t wait to watch The Americans. I already know I’m going to love it!

JJ give her a part in Star Wars!!

Comment by KK – January 31, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s amazing! So down to earth *_* Lord if I miss Felicity and glad that she’s still in contact with Scott (my shipper heart exploded) and Mandy !!! With The Americans I’m definitely sold, can’t wait for more!!! Thank you Aus :)))

Comment by S1monetz – January 31, 2013 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keri Russell did re-team work with J.J. Abrams this time on the big screen in Mission: Impossible 3 back in 2006 where she only had a small role in the film. In case you guys didn’t recall that.

Comment by Tran – January 31, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a great interview! Keri Russell has always seemed like such a lovely, talented person. Looking forward to The Americans being a huge hit.

Comment by MA – February 11, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The pop-up teaser during the video says “Watch Part 2 with Michael Rhys”… umm… Matthew??

Comment by Lucy – February 22, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post