Big Bang Theory Casts Raising Hope Actress as [Spoiler]'s New Love Interest

Big Bang Theory Casts Kate MicucciThis Valentine’s Day, it appears Cupid will take aim at The Big Bang Theory.

Per The Hollywood Reporter, Kate Micucci aka Raising Hope‘s Shelley has booked a multi-episode run on the CBS hitcom as Lucy, a potential love interest for the confirmed bachelor Raj.

RELATED | Five Big Bang Theory Scooplets: An Action-Figure Snafu, Change for ‘Shamy’ and More

“Raj is trying to find love,” his portrayer Kunal Nayar very recently previewed. Alluding to the Valentine’s episode, airing Feb. 14 and featuring at least one popping-of-the-question, he teased: “Hilarity ensues.”

The Big Bang Theory — which with its most recent fresh episode hit new all-time ratings highs — resumes Season 6 tonight at 8/7c.

Want scoop on The Big Bang Theory, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Andy says:

Glad to see there’s a love interest for Raj.

2. Jones says:

Now that they’ve all got girls, it’s time to break at least one couple up.

• clooneyscookies says:

It’s time, if they need couples funny stuff, to get Sheldon to 2nd base. Then hilarity ensues, or not but at least the characters are established and we care. Or not..

3. Kresh says:

I can’t stand this actress…….. recast pleaasssee

• RobMF says:

I feel the same way tbh. I still cant get over Kristen Ritter being recast with her on Til Death.

• Tess says:

Compared to Amy Farrah Fowler she’s Miss America/Miss Universe etc. Amy is putrid. This girl is a cute pixie.

• Mel says:

Really? That certainly was mean and uncalled for Tess. Amy Farrah Fowler is NOT supposed to be a beauty queen. Obviously you missed the point of her character.

• Jenna says:

I couldn’t agree more. My boyfriend and I are really hoping she doesn’t last long. We don’t mind the idea of the character but the actress is awful and it’s not just her looks. Her on screen presence and her inability to act make it cringe worthy. It really lowers our enjoyment of the show when she’s on screen. Please CBS RECAST!

Also I love Amy Farrah Fowler and I think Mayim Bayalik does a fantastic job portraying her character. It’s not about how pretty the actress is but her on screen presence. Kate Miccuci is just bad.

4. Rachel Marie says:

I have the biggest crush on Kate Micucci! Garfunkel and Oates are the best.

• Gerard says:

She is lovely on her own way. Anyone know if she has a boyfriend in real life? And yes she looks different, but that doesn’t make her les beautyfull. If i only could just meet her. GO KATE!

5. KND says:

About time they hooked Raj up, I was feeling bad for his character. It was like they almost gave up on him. Time to cure that stupid selective mutism crap now.

6. holly says:

Hey!! what happened to Stuart!!!

• Dan says:

Indeed. My first thought was, “Great. Because this show desperately needed another straight couple.”

• taliesin says:

So they’re just going to make 2 characters who aren’t gay be gay for that reason? Anyone remember that Stuart dated Penny, and actually got a 2nd date after the first was overrun by Sheldon?
        You can’t make people gay just because every show needs a gay couple these days… :)

• Ade says:

exactly what I think, Taliesin… These are not gay characters and they shouldn´t make them gay just because people want a gay character. Introduce a new one, but don’t change the characters that have been established as straight.

• Adam says:

I don’t think that Stuart and Raj need to or should be a couple, but there was a lot of speculation whether or not Raj would come out – this is largely because there have been a lot of jokes making fun of Raj’s stereotypically gay tendencies combined with his discontent with any relationship with a woman. I don’t think that the hope for Raj to be gay has to do with wanting more gay characters, but more to do with that these jokes would somehow be less offensive and more attributed to some level of foreshadowing if he actually were gay.

• GAYLORD says:

umm, well, i think that out of all the characters, Raj is the only one that can NEVER be gay mainly because of his selective mutism!!!
            If he was gay, he would have NO problems talking to girls because that layer of attraction / self confidence / shyness would be gone.
            Even less ‘shy’ people are still far more scared to speak to the sex they are attracted to. It would be beyond ridiculous if his character was gay, it would make it a show about geniuses written by the most mentally retarded people.

7. Grace says:

What a horrible photo of her, can’t stand her as an actress though. Why not keep the Raj as the gay character? They’ve been playing with that for years and yes, that selective mutism crap must end, for someone who is supposedly near genius level it is ridiculous

• taliesin says:

They never really played Raj as gay. He and Howard just had a big bromance. And Raj got him some the first couple of seasons: the deaf girl and another of Penny’s friends after a party; and would have got some from Penny too if not for his over excitement in the foreplay… :)

• CountryQueen says:

Raj has always been into the ladies. He is just so lonely for companionship, and perhaps a bit more in touch with his feminine side than he even realizes, so this leads to him saying funny things and appearing a certain way on occasion. I think it would be very out of his character if he came out as gay.

8. He needs to gtfo of Narnia, not a girlfriend.

9. A says:

RECAST PLEASE!! I really don’t like her. Terrible and creepy actress.

10. Courtney says:

Ugh. First with Ted on Scrubs, now with Raj on TBBT. NO. I too think they should recast. Can’t stand her.

11. Len Sessions says:

YES YES YES!

12. mia says:

While I’m still hoping Raj/Stuart will happen, I’m alright with this. She’s really funny.

13. Danny says:

I predict she will play a quirky, awkward character who plays a ukulele.

14. Mike says:

I honestly think she is perfect for Raj. Even though I don’t watch the show anymore, I’ll tune in for her episode.

15. TV Gord says:

This is great casting! Inspired! I’m looking forward to this!

16. steven says:

Raj’s girlfriend is the Gooch, who ran off with Hooch. Hooch is crazy.

17. FrustratedWatcher says:

I thought they’d really go with Raj being gay…instead he’s just used to be make horrible and insulting stereotype towards gay. Fun times…

• taliesin says:

Anyone who’s ever watched the show knows Raj isn’t gay. Heck, they just did an episode where Raj was out with the girls and they’re trying to find a woman for him. As I said above, he’s had sex with some of Penny’s friends, almost had sex with Penny, had dreams about SIRI, and had fantasies about Bernadette. Sensitive and lonely doesn’t equate to gay in any stereotype.

• FrustratedWatcher says:

They make jokes all the time that, “he drinks girly drinks” “He watches girly shows” “he enjoys girly things” “he has an usual relationship with stewart”…almost 85% percent of Raj’s jokes are about how “gay he seems to be” the rest are just crude jokes about sex…

Yeah…Raj has always been my least favorite :-/

• lariet50 says:

Not to pile on, because I’m really not trying to be a pot-stirrer – I respect your opinion. But wouldn’t Raj being gay at this point just be perpetuating the “horrible and insulting stereotype towards gay” that you mentioned above? As it stands now, he’s just an effeminate straight man.

• TV Gord says:

Um, if he’s not gay, then he’s not stereotaping a gay character. That makes no sense.

• GAYLORD says:

• ElenaGreece says:

Raj will never be gay. The show is now too popular, they can’t afford to lose viewers. I always thought that Raj was a ridiculously stereotyped character played by an extremeley talented actor. That’s why he was (and still is) so lovable. If they wanted to make him gay they would have done it years ago. Now, he will just have to ”settle down” as the other guys did….

18. Tom Charles says:

She could be perfect for a girl for Raj

19. Templar says:

She actually looks a bit like Priya.

20. Azerty says:

So I guess Margo Harschman is out of the picture? She should have been more integrated to the group and be a love interest for Raj. Still hope she will be there for another couple of episodes cause I love her.

21. Ben says:

It’s not much of a spoiler when Raj is the only single main character.

But omg, I do adore her, I fell in love with her in scrubs and her teen tiny guitar thingy that I can’t spell the real word for.

22. gdsk says:

what about love is nothing

23. gdsk says:

what is love

24. Ruby says:

But Raj likes boys…

25. Jason says:

Great show for homely actresses to get work!

26. Plum says:

Love her on Raising Hope, her songs are such gems! Good for her.

27. candy says:

CAN YOU SAY…THERE GOES THE SHOW! OMG WHAT A TOAD! I WOULD RATHER HE BE GAY!!!

28. Jack says:

She’ll probably play someone who can only talk to guys when playing her Ukulele or some other strange speech thing, where Raj and her have a mutual understanding

29. johnny says:

I think Kate is as cute as she can be and the perfect shy love interest for Raj. Another casting home run for The Big Bang Theory.

30. rob k says:

i think kate micucci is really cool , and pretty as well!!!, this is a great move on B B T .

31. Jack sanders says:

Funny that women always say a guy can’t be gay because he’s slept with few women and is obsessed with finding a lady love and is constantly denying he’s gay and is shy and awkward around women — all of that defines every closeted gay man I’ve ever known. Part of being closeted is that *you* are in deep, deep denial. It’s not always simply being gay and hiding it, it’s about being truly confused and in denial. Raj really could believe that he is straight, and rationalize all this other stuff.

Again, I’ve known plenty of guys who fit Raj’s pattern to a T. Again, he could be straight — and there are gay-seeming straight guys, but there are far more gay-seeming guys who are the last to know they’re gay…

32. Shelley says:

UGH! I’m not sure if it’s her or the character or both. Raj could do wayyyy better. Their interactions are beyond sad. She is annoying and I find myself changing the channel. Ruins an otherwise great show.

33. Jenna says:

Do you even know what you’re talking about? Somehow I don’t think so.