How I Met Your Mother Renewed For Final Season - Find Out When We'll Meet the Mother!

How I Met Your Mother Renewed Season 9Mother’s Day is in our sights!

CBS on Wednesday officially confirmed the worst kept secret in Hollywood: How I Met Your Mother is returning next fall for a ninth and final season, during which we will finally meet the titular mom.

An exact episode count was not released, but TVLine has learned that the series will be back for the full 2013-14 season (typically 22 episodes).

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Coming Back? What’s on the Bubble?

“We‘re thrilled to have the entire and incredibly talented How I Met Your Mother cast back for one final season to bring the series to a proper close,” said Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen of 20th Century Fox Television, in a statement. “Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are masterful and hilarious storytellers, and we have no doubt that they will guide one of the greatest comedies of the last decade to a gratifying conclusion when they finally reveal the identity of the Mother.”

PHOTOS | 20 Actors We Want Back on TV Immediately

Added CBS entertainment prez Nina Tassler: “Through eight years, How I Met Your Mother has mastered the art of leading-edge comedy, emotional water-cooler moments and pop culture catchphrases. We are excited… to tell the final chapter and reveal television’s most mysterious mother to some of TV’s most passionate fans.”

TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the news!

1. Megan S says:

Anyone else thnk that we should meet the mother this season and next season ends with Ted proposing to her? And then a flash forward sequence showing all the events leading to his current reselling of the story??? I.e wedding, birth of kids, running around the home as toddlers etc?

2. Jak viceroy says:

I hope the last thing ever to happen on the show will be the final slap from the slap bet.

3. HIMYMisthebest says:

Haters ‘gon hate. If this show was such a waste of time for you, why waste more of your time reading articles and posting comments about this show for Christ’s sake. Keep your rude comments to yourselves coz honestly, we, the fans, dont care about what you think. It just sucks reading your snide comments on this page. Please just let us be and go on with your all-knowing, cool lives.

Looking forward to another season!!! Cheers!

4. b says:

• TheDon says:

Do you not know how to read? Thats the title of the effing show; what did you think they were going to do.

“i hate that they are bringing out another season but atleast its the end this show should have ended in season 7 thats about the time i stopped laughing and started getting annoyed an felt as if i was being dragged along this last season has been horrible filler and feels stale and played out i for one will not be watching season 9 ill wait until the last episode see who the mom is and be done with it because the rest of the season is just gonna be garbage this show has played on that one question for far to long had the series ended in season 7 i could see me rewatching it but since it didnt i dont see me rewatching this show anytime soon”

^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      IIIIIIIIIIIIIII That is whats garbage. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

5. Mc says:

Noooooooooooo!!! I love this show!! I really dont care about the mom anymore they are all funny.

6. Jenny says:

I love this show. I guess some fans feel like the show is losing its touch, but I don’t. My favorite episodes have been seeing Marshall wanting to be a judge, seeing Lily make her artistic dreams a reality and having Barney and Robin get together. I see how the show seems like it has lost its touch as Ted hasn’t moved forward, but I hope that we meet the mother and not only just see her, but get to know her. That’s what this whole show has been about and honestly that would be the only thing that could upset me. I want to see them date, be in love, Ted finally find love, 8 years I’ve waited to see that. I want to see the same humor, running jokes, characters growing and Ted finally be complete in his love life, basically the focus of the whole show. I really love this show.

7. misty says:

Thank God! I love this show but for years I’ve been dying to know who she is. I’m upset the show will end but at least the big question will be answered!! I hope we get to see the kids ;)

8. Neve says:

I love the show with every fibre of my body and really don’t want it to go, but I need to no who the mother is. Ik some ppl think its stupid but I think it’s the best show out there. Before it goes I need to watch them all beginning to end. I didn’t really watch it till around a year and a bit ago but I’ve grown to love it and now I am addicted. I’m sure I’ve not seen them all so I’m going to search everyone till I’ve watched them all!!!

9. c.c. says:

i think it’s robin’s friend at maclaren’s pub. season 1 episode 1. the blonde girl wearing beige coat that she(robin) was talking to when ted first laid eyes on her…ted thought “…and there she was” “…see that girl, i’m gonna marry her someday” but of course he was referring to robin not knowing that it’d actually be the other girl. at a later scene the blonde woman and three other friends of robin were at round table waiting for robin to join them. the faces of the three friends were shown but the blonde girl was either on a side or back view. there was a very brief second that the left side of her face was shown but too quick to recognize.

and she’s at the wedding so she’s got to be robin’s friend right? coz if she’s barney’s friend then he would have recognized her during the st.patty’s episode.

what do you think?

• Neve says:

I don’t think that it will be as when he talked about Stella and how the kids would have looked if they got married, the kids had blonde hair probably meaning the mothers hair is brown like her children’s but who knows?

• Shy says:

Yeah but when he dated Cindy,her roommate was the girl that he was gonna marry because the had much in common with her.

10. Shy says:

I am just super excited to see the last season! I don’t even care what happens, because I just love the cast, they are great together.

11. liz says:

My theory…. Ted’s favorite book is Love in the Time of Cholera. Read it, torturous tale of two people who love each other as youngsters but never end up together until they are old. I predict in the end we will find out who the mother is but Ted ends up with Robyn. The whole show has been about their relationship since day one. So i bet Robyn goes and sits on the couch with the kids in the last episode as step mom aunt Robyn. We’ll see!

12. Greg says:

I just think after soo many years of stretching this meeting the mother thing. I just hope we actually get to know her a bit… See the romance blossom. Just, after soo many years we should get a really good idea of who this woman Ted finally falls for. I do also agree show has bounced back from last year… which was pretty dull with the exception of Barney.

13. Believeit says:

It’s going to be Salme hyak

14. Mohammad Ali says:

it was a nice comedy of all time. i really don`t want to know who the hell is the mom, but i will be delightful if the comedy keep going. i really can`t stand not watching it, so plz keep making this serial.

15. Shorty says:

Barney is hilarious! I found this show only a year ago and really started to enjoy watching it. I like the characters, but I hate teds face. Idk why. Just wish it was a diff person playing that character. Feel the same way about zach braff on scrubs. Anyways. I am really tired of being jerked around about who the mother is! Can’t believe its been on for 8 years. That’s crazy!

16. zda says:

Cliched, contrived and just plain crap…
    U can’t honestly say its original, can you? Theres
    Nothing in the show I haven’t seen in other sitcoms…
    Time to call it a day
    Surely….?

17. It’s going to be end of mine day, except before ending I am reading this enormous paragraph to improve my know-how.

18. Jennifer says:

Season 9 is going to be legen….wait for it….cuz we have….dary! Can’t wait to see it

19. Admir says:

Is there season 9 the end suks

20. Wendy says:

IT IS A FREAKING TV SHOW SHEEPLE…YOU KNOW PRETEND, NOT REAL LIFE, FOLLOWING A SCRIPT…IS ANY OF THIS REGISTERING? coME ON ENGAGE A FEW BRAIN CELLS; GET OUT GET SOME FRESH AIR AND TAKE YOUR OWN LIFE AS SERIOUSLY AS YOU TAKE THESE FICTICIOUS CHARACTERS ON THIS FICTICIOUS SHOW…..MY GOD PEOPLE ARE RETARDS

21. Louise says:

I really love This show, i just started watching last Winter so it have’nt been drawn out, for mé anyway. I love barney and Robin – and the others too, cant wait too how it all ends for Them :) there is not many tv shows where you at one point is getting tired of it or Think that An episode is bad, especially if its over a lot lot of seasons- still in the long run it can still be your favorit show :) thais how i feel :)