Christoph Waltz to Host Saturday Night Live

Get More: News

Christoph Waltz Saturday Night Live HostOscar-nominated Django Unchained actor Christoph Waltz has been tapped to host Saturday Night Live one week before the Academy Awards.

VIDEO | Seth McFarlane Gets a Little Psycho in First Oscar Promo

NBC announced Wednesday that Waltz, who won an Oscar for 2009′s Inglourious Basterds, will headline the Feb. 16 show with the Alabama Shakes serving as musical guest.

This marks Waltz’s first SNL hosting stint.

Comments (10)

• christoph is a funny guy who deserves more exposure, now give him good material writers and watch him light up the screen

Comment by Alan – January 30, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omfg, I’m in love with Christoph! It’s unfortunate the writing will probably let him down, but I’m super excited to see him bust out his comedy chops.

Comment by Betty – January 30, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tarantino should write the whole episode!!!that would be good material!!!I can’t wait to see this gentleman hosting, he’s an amazing actor and seems to be a sweet person…

Comment by Carla Lopes (@Carla_Lopes89) – January 30, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MY HEART IS SO HAPPY IT MAY EXPLODE. I love him so much!

Comment by eileen – January 30, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for him, and for Alabama Shakes. What an evening!

Comment by Diane – January 30, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s Oscar-WINNING actor…he won for Inglorious Basterds….I understand that they are saying he is nominated this year…but it really should read that way :)

Comment by Rachel – January 30, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ALABAMA SHAKES!!! YESSSSSS

Comment by Samantha – January 30, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s a bingo! This is my old guy crush, so I am totally in. They need to bring back Norm MacDonald to play Quentin Tarantino.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 30, 2013 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so thrilled for him!

Comment by Sarabi – January 31, 2013 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer Lawrence’s episode from 2 weeks ago was probably one of the worst episodes of SNL I have ever seen. It wasn’t even her fault though, the writing was just awful. Next week is Justin Bieber, so I’m gonna pass on it, but I’ll definitely watch Christopher Waltz’s episode. He’s a good enough actor to make it work, but again, it’s all on the writers.

Comment by Melvin – February 2, 2013 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post