CBS Renews The Bold and the Beautiful, The Talk and the Rest of Its Daytime Line-Up

The Bold and the BeautifulCBS has renewed its entire daytime slate for the 2013-2014 season.

That means The Bold and the Beautiful will continue like its sister soap The Young and the Restless, which was renewed earlier in a multi-year deal.

B&B averages 3.44 million viewers, up 6 percent from last season.

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

In addition, chatfest The Talk and game shows The Price Is Right and Let’s Make a Deal – all of which have seen ratings gains in the past year — received pickups for another season.

“Over the past few years, we have successfully transitioned our daytime schedule to a balance of program genres with new creative energy, while maintaining our ratings leadership,” CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler said in a statement. “We are proud of CBS’s history of quality and leadership in daytime, thrilled with our current success and we look forward to more great things ahead from the outstanding creative talent in place at each of the shows.”

1. Tran says:

Does anyone watched those daytime shows on CBS?

• Jon says:

The Young and the Restless is the most watch Daytime drama at 4 million viewers a day and B&B brings in 3 million soooooo yes, in fact, people do watch those shows.

• Tran says:

There’s an old saying that soaps and game shows should be dead already. :-(

• CAROLYN says:

BOLD & BEAUTIFUL SHOULD BE ON 1 HOUR INSTEAD OF 30 MINUTES – HOWEVER, PLEASE LET THIS CONTEST BETWEEN LIAM, HOPE & STEFFY END SOON AS I AM 82 YEARS OLD & STARTED WATCHING THEM WHEN I WAS 80. I AM AFRAID I WILL DIE NOT KNOWING WHAT THE END WILL BE. STEFFY SAW A DOCTOR IN ASPEN WHEN SHE HURT HER LEG & HE TOLD HE HE WAS GOING TO GENEO CITY SOON. WHY CAN’T SHE START WITH HIM AFTER HER ABORTION & LET POOR HOPE & LIAM HAVE THE LIFE THEY DESERVE. STEFFY IS TO WORLDLY FOR LIAM & I THINK YOU AS WRITER WOULD FEEL LIKE YOU EARNED YOUR MONEY IF YOU COME UP WITH SOMETHING MORE INTERESTING & LESS BORING THAN WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW. THANK YOU!!!

• robert neal says:

poor hope is right shes becoming as pushey and demanding as her scandelous mother! so with that in mind she needs to let liam and steffey have a chance to be a family and since shes more & more like brooke, liam is just the beginning of a long list of men shell love or should i say obsess over.

• Shirley says:

I have watched the Bold and the Beautiful for many years now and once a month there is a group of 34 of us ladies who have a luncheon together watching both of your soaps together and making our comments to see how likes and dislikes are among our group for these shows. We all voted yesterday that we will no longer watch the Bold and Beautiful as a group and most of us will no longer watch it alone either. We have one registered Phsychiatrist in our group who feels you have truly disgraced this profession by letting Taylor protray everything she has in this show with Eric, her children, the things she has done to undermine Brook & her family, and the life Stephanie lived and died for. If and when you do something about the way Taylor is walking over everyone living and dead, and how Steffie is destroying and hurting Hope and getting her way as the little rich bitch, and keep Liam’s dad from interferring in Liam’s & Hope’s happiness, then we will all be happy to return to this show. Until then we can’t watch someone who is suspose to represent a valiant medical profession ruin the reputation of that profession by destroying people lives on T.V.!

• observer says:

good for you i feel the same way….if taylor feels her and her children are victims she needs to remove her rose colored glasses and see that shes the one who pushed her daughter to go after an engaged young man and then jumprd into bed with every man that brook did ewe…..if u ask me she is suppost to be the professional……..really…. i may not agree with what all that brook does but at least she knows who she is…..taylor is just the pyscho pot calling the kettle black………………………….

• Jenna says:

Please CBS get new writers for the Bold and restless. To much with the same ole same ole.

• Elaine Peek says:

I realize soaps have to get the audience mad in order for them to keep watching – – I also think the triangle of Hope, Stephie, and Liam should end, probably with Stephie coming back to Liam. Secondly, Taylor should be stabbed and bleed to death for her actions. Thirdly, Caroline is so off beat, the audience hates her, which is what the writters want. She is very cute, good actress, but a big pain, not enjoyable to watch; and the new guy, the director, is shown as stupid to do as she demands. My favorite in the show is Brooke she is a great actress. Keep the show going, maybe for one full hour, but don’t make the characters look like they don’t have a brain. My favorite is Hope. Thanks.
            comment by Elaine – July 8, 2013

• Jamy says:

The show’ s probably close to twenty minutes after commercials. This twenty minutes is usually riddled with flashbacks and actors saying the same thing over and over so it doesn’t leave much time for the writers to have to get creative. Easy job!

• Tracy says:

I think bold and beautiful should be an hour long, if you take all the commercials out we see maybe fifteen minutes… and play at a decent hour, if it showed in the daytime Instead of after one in the am there may be a whole lot more viewers

• Paolo says:

Yes, 3.44 million of viewers… ;)

• lauren says:

This sort of inane “go-to” comment needs to be banned from the Internet.

• Elaine Peek says:

I am disappointed in the writers of Bold & Beautiful to make Eric a soft marshmellow when Taylor sounded off abt Brooke – – also the writers made Bill a weak man not to escort Taylor out of his home on 7/1 program. I hope something bad happens to Taylor. Also, the new writer of Carter’s program looks like a dummy listening to the blonde. Writers get real.

2. Ella says:

I started watching Y&R when ABC cancelled All My Children. Unintended consequences – some ABC soap viewers of AMC & OLTL went to CBS soaps instead of watching The Chew & The Revolution.

3. Ed says:

I watched The Talk religiously in its first season but with the new additions the chemistry is gone IMO anyway. I can’t stand the comedienne who sits next to Sara. She gets on my nerves and I don’t find her funny at all. But that’s me

• Kim R says:

It’s not just you! :) I watched faithfully its first season and was so happy to find an afternoon show what was so enjoyable and so different than The View (which I can’t stomach). Then….the decided to mess with it and that was it for me. :(

4. Tran says:

One show that still bothers me is The Price is Right. How long will this crazy game show ever going to end despite Drew Carey’s contract? It’s like a mix of Homeland meets Breaking Bad meets The Walking Dead meets 24 meets The Sopranos meets Dexter meets you know.

5. forwarddad says:

Can Not stand The Talk. But if you are married to the President of the Network, was there any doubt?

6. forwarddad says:

Just a side note the 2013 Cancellation Lidt needs to be updated?

7. Linda says:

Ok so I have been a faithful Bold and Beautiful watcher from day one, BUT I certainly do not like the way the story is turning. Eric and Taylor in a romantic relationship??? REALLY PEOPLE???? So not right,and this Liam,Steffy and Hope story is getting sooooooo stupid, Enough already. Just move on and quit dragging this crap out :( very dissapointed.

8. Jenna says:

Bold and beautifull, enough already, I fast forward a lot.

9. Someone that used to watch says:

Very surprising that they renewed BnB put like i say, if people don’t have cable and this is one of the only shows we get for free then i guess i’ll watch it. but i hate the way its going so i completely stopped watching it. I still follow the actress that plays Steffy on twitter and ig but i will not watch this show since it has not changed it’s story lines since i started to watch it.

I cringe each time brooke and hope are praised and men act like they are perfect, get better actors if you want people to beleive that.

Sorry but i’m not sorry bnb is alive out of habit not because people really enjoy the show, thats y no one wins emmys anymore

• Georgette says:

I agree, tired of the same plot on B&B, the triangle with Brook, Bill, Katie – – – but more tiredof Hope,Leman, and Wyatt – – – – Wyatt and his insane mom get away with murder and Hope is crazy to let Leman go, just who does she think she is. Leman should play hard-t0-get. If Quinn doesn’t get hurt, put in jail, loose her job, die or something soon, I too will stop watching the show. Wyatt should join her in disgrace. Thank you.

10. Tina says:

Unfortunately there is NO chemistry between the New Ridge & Brooke- unlike Brooke and Bill who steam up the screen whenever they are together..yes the story line of a sister taking -sisters husband is a no-no but that is why we watch “guilty pleasure”-In my opinion you need to re-cast Ridge or follow thru with getting Brooke & Bill back together…