Scoop: Scott Wolf Joins TNT's Perception as Rachael Leigh Cook's [Spoiler]

Get More: Casting News

Scott Wolf Perception TNT Ex-Party of Fiver Scott Wolf is joining the second season of TNT’s Perception as a guy with very close ties to Rachael Leigh Cook‘s G-woman Kate, TVLine has learned.

Wolf will play the recurring role of Donnie, a charismatic, fast-rising Assistant U.S. Attorney recently transferred back to Chicago, which just so happens to be where his aforementioned soon-to-be ex-wife resides.

PHOTOS | 23 Shows We’d Remake or Revive Now!

Mere coincidence? Or does Donnie have a hidden agenda where Kate is concerned? (Spoiler alert: It’s the latter!)

Perception, which stars Eric McCormack as an eccentric neuroscientist and university professor who possesses that special Mentalist bug, kicks off its second season this summer.

Comments (16)

• I REALLY like Scott Wolf. I wish there had been some way to keep him on NCIS. His character was interesting to me.

Comment by Renee – January 29, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Perception to come back. I love that show. I only wish my other summer fav, Common Law, had been renewed!

Comment by zaza – January 29, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And here I was hoping that they realized that the role of the FBI agent was in dire need of a recast. Instead they’re adding her husband. Boring!

Comment by swivelchairpotato – January 29, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sweet. Can’t wait for the second season!

Comment by Babybop – January 29, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You mean “that special Psych bug” right? As dopey as Psych is, you have to give it credit for being the first fake psychic show.

Comment by Doug – January 29, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huge fan of Scott Wolf but HATE Perception. Too bad :(

Comment by Jared – January 29, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what ever!!!! love the show!

Comment by jeanette – March 8, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Perception but Scott Wolf looks like he’s 12 years old.

Comment by Linderella – January 29, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news. Scott Wolf was wasted on True Blood.

Comment by TVDIVA – January 29, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened did PArty Of Five get cancelled?

Comment by Jason – January 29, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It ended 13 years ago.

Comment by Marco – January 30, 2013 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im 69 yrs old & I really looked forward each week to seeing the next episode.. please keep them coming…

Comment by cheryl turk – May 2, 2013 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have June 25th marked on my calendar for the return of Perception. Since the beginning of it’s first season last year I’ve thought that this is one of the best written series on TV and Eric McCormack plays his character to perfection. Don’t watch much TV but this series had me hooked from the first episode.

Comment by Leslie – May 16, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post