Exclusive

Exclusive Nashville Hot Shots: Rayna and Deacon Have a Heart-to-Heart - But Why Is Teddy There?

Rayna and Deacon are finally able to put aside their hurt feelings and have an honest conversation in the Feb. 6 episode of Nashville (ABC, 10/9c), and we’ve got an exclusive sneak peek at how it goes down.

RELATED | PaleyFest 2013 Line-Up Unveiled: Walking Dead, Community, Nashville, Parenthood and More!

The network’s description of the hour hints that Rayna’s seriously thinking about making a big revelation to her former love and sometime bandmate: Could she be ready to tell him he’s Maddie’s biological dad? And — if the hotel Teddy appears in is the same one where his wife is staying — might the new mayor’s presence seriously derail Rayna’s plans to come clean?

Click through the gallery, then hit the comments: Do you think it’s (past) time for Rayna to tell Deacon about his daughter? Or do you suspect her confession will be about something completely different?

1. dude says:

Deacon has much better chemistry with Juliette. Just saying.

• Rain says:

I think everyone on the show has much better chemistry with Juliette! I love Connie Britton but haven’t seen her really click with anyone on this show yet. Maybe Coach Taylor needs to make a visit so I’ll believe she has feelings for someone!

• Shaun says:

I never believed that one either XD

• Ren says:

uh… Deacon? She had good chemistry with Liam too.

• She had excellent chemistry with Liam, which was the problem! Hahaha.

She’s got good chemistry with her manager, with Watty (I love ol’ Watty, where’s he been?), her daughters, Coleman (before her husband unseated him as mayor)…I disagree that she doesn’t have the potential for good relationships; it’s just clear from her actions that when things get difficult she runs away. Poor little rich girl syndrome, the only difference is she doesn’t come across as a spoiled brat in the way that Juliette does. The last episode made me see some unexpected maturity in Juliette while noticing just how immature Rayna actually is. What the critics and showrunners have been saying since the beginning is that we will start to see how similar Juliette and Rayna actually are, and that is just now starting to jell.

• Lily says:

Eww GROSS!!!! Liam is a better fit for Juliette, I love them together and their cat and mouse relationship is really funny. I love the friendship between Juliette and Deacon but nothing more PLEASE… ugh, awful.

• I never said who was a better fit for who. I just said she had good chemistry with him. She has 0 chemistry with Teddy.

• I thought they were going to move in that direction when he apologized for bumping into her and she was like, “Oh, you do have manners!” We’ll see if/how Liam sticks around on this show.

• Lily says:

He’ll be back in 1×13, and I really hope to see more of this cat and mouse game between Liam and Juliette because it’s just awesome and fun, and the show needs fun a little bit =) I mean, like you said, this scene in the corridor when they bumped into each other was not anodin to me, when she walk away and then they look at each other… that was sexy.

• Nash-girl says:

No way..that’s just gross. I love their friendship. Especially that “patchy facial hair” moment in the last episode. :)

2. OMG I can’t wait to see this, I love them together and I really want them to get back together. And I hope she’ll told him the truth because the more she wait and the more the anger will be huge for Deacon

3. adlib19 says:

A shame we have to wait until next week to find out what Rayna tells Deacon. Is the scheduling like this because of American Idol? Some other reason?

4. Doug says:

Rayna’s next single can be called Clear Eyes, Full Hearts to have Coach Taylor visit

5. sherknd says:

Isnt Deacon just as old as Rayna? Thats a little to old for Juliette, especially since she loves to point out the age difference between herself and Rayna. Whatever happens or doesnt happen between Rayna and Deacon is one thing, but keep him away from Juliette.

6. wrstlgirl says:

Deacon and Juliette is too pervy, gross. But I don’t necessarily like him with Rayna either. I thought he had great chem with the reporter, bring back Yara Martinez!!!

• Ew no. She was terrible to Deacon. She printed a wrong story that she knew was wrong just to get a good story with the Revel Kings. She wrote that he started drinking again, started a fight with the lead singer and then got fired for having a substance abuse problem and being uncontrollable.

• I’m in favor of her coming back just so Deacon can give her a piece and a half of his mind. That was a terrible thing for her to do after playing so friendly with him.

• wrstlgirl says:

Absolutely, talk about drama. They clearly have a past. Beats watching him pine away for Rayna and/or sleep with a child. Bleck!

• i know. i agree. she deserved to get told off because she kind of toys with him even though she doesn’t mean to. it’s still hurtful. i know he’s a grown man but he’s hopelessly in love, (so is she) but she can hold it together. the man’s been playing her lead guitar for like 2 decades, even after she started her own family and held it in. she can’t have her cake and eat it too.

7. the girl says:

Teddy’s there out of jealousy, from the look on Rayna’s face. Can’t say I blame him.

8. Ugh Teddy go away! I thought this was a clip. I got all excited.

• Teddy is a really hard character to root for and he and Rayna just don’t seem to have genuine chemistry. Teddy, Daddy Evil, and the whole behind-the-scenes-Nashville-politics plots are the weakest part of this show. And I’m saying that of a show that has Australians and Europeans speaking with Southern accents!

• their accents are pretty good lol. i can’t even do that and i’m canadian lol. teddy just annoys me. he’s so whiny and always complaining about rayna being more successful. it’s not her fault you couldn’t do your job right and then stole millions from people! just let him have an affair with that woman who tried to kill herself and leave the screen. i liked the drama when he tried to take the kids from her. i want more of that. and then them having a public divorce all in the media.

9. Gabrielle says:

I don’t like Rayna and Deacon. At all. I also just don’t like Rayna I don’t find her a likable character. I myself find the idea of Deacon and Juliette I really like their friendship and I think they’d be a more interesting relationship.

• Jo says:

Agreed. Can’t stand Rayna, plus she looks so much older than everyone else on the show…

• I think Deacon and Juliette should remain friends. I’m glad he finally shut down the whole grateful/groupy-like/you’retheonlyonewhounderstandsme sex. It is a start in Juliette’s gradual maturation process and I think he is a good anchor for that. I hate that every show has to ship every single character. What I like about their relationship is that Juliette openly pulled him in with sex but it’s evolved past that, and it really shouldn’t return to that.

10. Gia says:

Okay, I think Teddy arrives to visit Rayna and sees her go into Deacons room and he’ll assume the worst. Then he’ll head straight for Peggys open arms. Your guess is as good as mine whether anything happens between Rayna and Deacon. If Deacon is Maddies father, I don’t think he’s going to take the news well and I think he’ll react badly when he finds out Rayna lied to him all these years. Ooh, I love the drama!!

• Nash-girl says:

Did you miss the scene in “Be Careful of the Stones You Throw,” episode 1×09?? Teddy knows who the real father. When Lamar threatened to “out” Rayna’s secret to Teddy, not knowing he already knows, Teddy got on the defensive side. “I am her [Maddie's] father, no matter who her biological father may be.” – Teddy Conrad

11. Shar says:

I want Rayna and Deacon together, she needs to let Teddy go to Peggy.

• Gabby says:

I agree. I loved the chemistry between Deacon and Rayna and have been hoping for them to get back together the whole season. Im so excited for the new episode. I personally dislike Teddy, and hope that Rayna leaves him for Deacon.

• Shirlee says:

I agree, I love Rayna and Deacon together and I think the writers should make a Johnny Cash June Carter romance with them.

12. Ashley says:

Ew Teddy go away!! Why is he there?! I want to punch him right now.

13. Jean says:

Deacon and Rayna are fabulous together! Love their chemistry! Can’t wait to see what transpires next week

14. patty webb says:

Love Rayna and Deacon and i wonder if she is thinking of telling him that she and Teddy are done (hope, hope)!
    If Teddy sees her going to Deacon’s room, of course he’ll assume the worst!
    I’m hoping the next couple of episode’s will be great!
    Is Deacon the Dad? If so, has he no clue? If he is and he doesn’t, I still can’t see how Rayna isn’t going to come across terribly unsympathetic.
    Not telling him when he was in the midst of his addiction, I can understand. Not telling him when he’s been sober for 12 years; not so much, unless there is more that we don’t know, that would have led to her decision to keep the daddyhood a secret

• Lily says:

Yeah she could have told him the truth at least three years later to see if he was really sober, but I’m sure that if Deacon knew he had a child, it could’ve save him from its addictions, for sure. But I’m sure that her father is not totally out of situation here, Lamar never liked Deacon and with Deacon being an addict, Lamar just saw the perfect occasion to bring Teddy into the picture. And I don’t buy this “I saved you from Deacon” thing, Teddy just taken advantage of the situation that’s all, he wanted Rayna but she was still madly in love with Deacon and when he fall out into the dark Teddy was there, ready to take her, I’m sure he didn’t take Rayna because he was worried about her but just because he wanted her. That my thought…

15. kia says:

yes teddy just grabbed her when she was at a low point. she was desperate enough to marry him at the time. I iiy

• Lily says:

Exactly. It’s not “love” between them, he was just a safe guy for Maddie and that’s all, but her heart was still with Deacon, and still is.

16. Rachel says:

Rayna and Deacon are great…good chemistry. Put em together

17. Kelzbot says:

Am I crazy or did this conversation NOT happen in the last episode? They kissed but I don’t recall this scene. I would have loved to see it…. hoping it shows up in next week’s episode.

• Stephanie says:

Maybe their “heart-to-heart” happened in that last elevator scene. ;) And their actual, verbal “heart-to-heart” will happen in the next episode? Rayna looks like she’s crying while standing in Deacon’s room so maybe she told him that Trddy wants a divorce.

18. estephania says:

Im from Dominican Republic, I saw the episode yesteday. I wish Rayna could just see that she is really in love with Deacon! they aren’t getting together because she is complicating things for herself. This man loves her and I love how he loves her! she just needs some time to think about her kids and how can this affect her and him. She has just separated from Teddy, who didn’t lose any time bouncing back with peggy. But Rayna is a more sensitive woman about these things, she doesn’t want to keep hurting people. conclusion: I wanna see Deacon and Rayna together, cuz they belong to each other.

19. Carmen says:

I agree with everyone writers please let Rayna and Deacon be together. They love each other.