Entourage Movie Gets Green Light -- But What Will It Be About?

ENTOURAGEcast_DWHug it out, moviegoers — Vincent Chase’s Entourage is reuniting for a date on the big screen.

Our sister site Deadline reports that Warner Bros. on Tuesday night gave a green light to a motion picture follow-up to the HBO series, which (somewhat tidily) wrapped its eight-season run on Sept. 11, 2011.

Series creator Doug Ellin is set to direct the film, from a script he wrote. (“There are interesting developments about Ari as a studio head,” Ellin previously previewed. “But foremost is the friendship between the guys, who are still hanging out and going to fun parties, and it continues with the same characters.”)

No details, including a production start date, are yet available; in the meantime, it’s just a matter of rounding up Adrian Grenier, Kevin Connolly, Kevin Dillon, Jerry Ferrara and three-time Emmy winner Jeremy Piven (who ‘s currently headlining ITV’s Mr. Selfridge), and signing them to deals.

Is this movie something anyone wanted? And for those vested in the ongoing mission of Vinny Chase, “E,” Turtle et al, what would you suggest for a big-screen storyline?

1. Yet, I’m still waiting on a Veronica Mars film.

• Drew Herring says:

OMG yes please, before Kristen Bell starts to look old! She’s already pregnant :((( I’ve been waiting forever for a V-Mars movie. Can’t believe they cancelled that amazing show!!!

• 6 years and still waiting for the green light…

• LXA says:

Don’t get me wrong would love a VM movie but let’s all face it, it’s not going to happen. I would love the story to continue though, why not make a comic book spin off like Buffy and Smallville did. That’s a lot more likely than a film and we get to continue the adventures of VM without worrying about aging and none available cast member. A comic book is possible, a movie right now is as likely as a second firefly movie.

Oh and quit hatting on entourage people! Ya the last couple of seasons were lackluster but a movie might make up for them. Stop complaining until you have something to complain about, Currently there is just hope for redemption, nothing to complain about.

• Actually, majority of the main cast said they’d be more than happy to come back for it. Aging wouldn’t exactly be a problem, seeing as it’s meant to be set 4 years after college. Furthermore, it’s not like any of the main cast are committed to anything right now (aside from Kristen who is having a baby).

• Gg says:

No studio is ever gonna green light a Veronica Mars movie. Hate to burst your guys bubble and this is coming from a diehard VM fan

• JeniLee says:

That’s what is so frustrating. WB says they wouldnt make enough money so its not worth it to them. Yet Kristen offered to buy the rights from them and/or fund the movie herself and they said no.

• Jay says:

She should use that money to produce a tv show with a similar theme and humor but different characters, like father-daughter P.I.s in Los Angeles

• dude says:

They could easily get a TV movie together now, they’re waiting for the big screen treatment and they’ll be waiting for a long time.

2. MariaSanchez says:

god, i hope this does not happen

3. Woody Allen says:

Oh Yeah!

4. Dennis says:

It should be a crossover with the next Sex and the City film. That way I can skip both at once.

5. Amanda says:

This whole new trend of getting shows that had time to plan endings a movie is just…lame. Sorry. Not everything needs to make that jump.

6. Mick says:

Mark Wahlberg is laughing all the way to the bank.

7. idk why this is being made… it stopped being good after a few seasons :/ we didn’t need all of those extra seasons let alone a damn movie! bring back vmars!!!

8. ryaneco says:

Absolutely I am a huge fan of the show, and I would of course see the movie, but I don’t know there is any story left to tell. The only real option would be to do a “catch-up” with the characters and see where they’re at, there is no unresolved storylines from the tv series left to answer….

9. jalahyacinth says:

Glad for the fans… But I still want a Gilmore Girls TV movie! (And yes, SOMEONE had to say it, I know I’m not the only one :))

10. Tim Dahill says:

The movie will be about how Vinnie can’t do the movie?

11. Ella says:

Please let Vince have broken up with Alice Eve’s terrible character and that ridiculous storyline.

12. Kasper says:

AWESOME news! YES!

13. ajintexas says:

This movie will be flop. The end of the show wrapped things up just fine. I barely had the desire to watch the show in the first place. The chances of buying a ticket to see a movie about it is 0%.

14. ChrisJ says:

A blatant cash-in, I don’t even need to know the plot to realise it’s not going to be great. I’ll hazard a guess though…

Ari is having trouble with his studio head role, Vince needs a big movie. Certain roadblocks will be in their way, but in the end they’ll get the script/director/co-star they need and the film will be a success saving the careers of both Ari and Vince. E will have problems with Sloane (kids perhaps?), but in the end they’ll be happy. Turtle and Drama will provide comic relief. Done. The only thing missing are the celebrity cameos, there will be some of those I’m sure.

15. TV Gord says:

I guess all the REAL Entourage fans were out getting laid last night. ;-)

16. jhanse says:

Hope they find a way to have Dana Gordon (Constance Zimmer) in it. I was pissed her and Ari didn’t end up together though we all knew he would get back with his wife. Her and Ari together were some of the best scenes of the series. And Ari and Babs.

17. Keith says:

I will definitely go see the movie. Next up should be the Friday Night Lights movie.

18. John says:

Just more proof that the movie studios are running out of original ideas.

19. Louis says:

I’ve been waiting FOREVER 4 a Veronica Mars movie. Just like I’ve been waiting for a Wonder Woman movie and a Buffy movie. I just feel that its never gonna happen :/ Wish I was a millionaire so I could fund the VM movie.

20. zack says:

I think this would be a great idea.. the epic come bak of everyones favorite characters. honestly this show gave me hope that some small joe like mewith the wright looks can be the biggest movie sta around. nd i think the movie should show thatalso. maybe vinnie has hit a rough patch nd finally his brother takes care of him lol there unlimited possibilitis for this movie nd i think it will be one to talk about for years to come