How I Met Your Mother First Look: Robin Sparkles Is Back, and She Brought Famous Friends!

How I Met Your Mother fans, put on your jelly bracelets: Robin Sparkles returns to the hit CBS comedy on Feb. 4 (at 8/7c), and we’ve got your first look at some very special guests who are along for the ride.

RELATED | CBS Boss Talks Angus T. Jones Kerfuffle, HIMYM‘s Renewal, Jennifer Esposito’s Blue Exit!

In the episode, titled “P.S. I Love You,” Barney uncovers the lost episode of “Underneath the Tunes,” featuring the pop star and a slew of famous faces, including Canucks Jason Priestley, Alex Trebek and hockey player Luc Robitaille appearing as themselves.

We’ve also got a sneak peek at James Van Der Beek reprising his role as Robin’s ex, Simon, who meets up with Barney in the most holy of Canadian places: Tim Hortons!

The latest chapter in the pop singer’s saga will also show off “a little bit of a darker, edgier Robin Sparkles,” according to executive producer Carter Bays, as viewers learn “what dominoes had to fall to get her from there” to who she is today.

Check out the gallery below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (10)

• LOL the box of Tim Horton’s Donuts.

HAHAHA

Comment by Sasha – January 25, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited! I love Robin Sparkles flashbacks and I love Luc Robitaille! :)

Comment by Roni – January 25, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ooh……! im so hoping for a showdown between Robin’s ex-boyfriend and Robin’s fiance!

Comment by justsomegirl – January 25, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhh Jason Priestley I love him!

Comment by Mel – January 25, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me too!! I was like ohhh Brandon Walsh…sigh

Comment by Ames – January 25, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Luc Robitaille? Yes!! I will have to break out my hockey jersey. ;-)

Comment by Peggy – January 25, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simon and the infamous jacooz. Looking forward to this one, I can never get enough Sparkles music, we better get a new song.

Comment by Mike – January 25, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hate to reinforce our stereotype, but I really love the Tim Horton’s references. Tim Horton’s is engrained in our lives, and say what you will but anytime I leave the country, the first thing I do when I land in Canada is get an extra large double double!

I feel like the look of the episode is a “Behind the Music” like show. I really hope so! That would be awesome!

Comment by SingDanceLaugh – January 25, 2013 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hahahha I feel the same way, except that I crave ice capps made with chocolate milk !!

Comment by Jo – January 28, 2013 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg I love Timmy Ho`s!!!

Comment by Amy – January 25, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post