Exclusive

Exclusive Bones Video: Booth and Brennan Finally Have the Sex Talk with [Spoiler]!

Bones Season 8 SpoilersYou take the good, you take the bad, you take ‘em both and there you have… Booth and Brennan talking about the facts of life with Sweets!

Monday’s Bones (8/7c, Fox) finds Sweets being lightly grilled by his current landlords (but mostly Brennan) about his post-Daisy sex life. Spoiler alert: He’s not getting any, and the shrink places the blame squarely on Hugh Jackman!

RELATED | David Boreanaz Teases Tense Times Ahead for Booth and Brennan

“I’m staying in Parker’s room,” Sweets responds. “It’s kind of hard to bring a woman home when you’re sleeping on Wolverine sheets.”

Booth and Brennan also interrogate their colleague-tenant about a possible reunion with his aforementioned ex (especially now that she’s going to be back working at the lab).

Press PLAY below and watch the whole awkward scene unfold.

1. martina says:

How about he stops blaming Parker’s sheets and gets his own apartment?!

2. caprigirl60 says:

Yes. Never mind looking for the perfect place-how about any place that isn’t Booth & Brennan’s house. Story line is getting old.

3. Marina says:

I am disgusted. What a creeper Sweets is. He is sleeping in a kids room and talking about having sex in it. He. Is. The. Worst. Character. EVER

• Bouncy Castle says:

Actually, he’s sleeping in a kid’s room, and talking about NOT having sex in it BECAUSE it’s a kids room.

• Grace says:

I happen to like Sweets – he can be funny at times, however I CAN’T stand Daisy. I wish she weren’t coming back. And yes, Sweets should get his own apartment.

• Payton Elizabeth Parthemore says:

No he isn’t??????? He is great !!!! and he is only staying there because he doesn’t have a place to go so their friends are helping them out????? He has a broken heart cut him some slack…obviously you have never suffered from a broken hear because you obviously don’t know how long it takes to get over someone especially if you were in love…..BONES IS THE BEST..the only character i don’t like is CAM…I can’t stand her.

4. GMH says:

I just can’t stand the sight of Sweets. Every time he is on screen I wonder why he is allowed to breath, let alone talk. Gross, he needs to go

• SammiMarcs says:

This story line was okay for ONE episode, but then I became irritated. Let B&B have a little privacy please…and really? Parker’s room. I absolutely adore “Bones” and I need more B&B…

• AngelMoon Girl says:

THISSS. I completely agree with you – this scene is so wrong on so many levels. Can Sweets PLEASE man up and get his own apartment!? He can certainly afford it! I liked this storyline for maybe one episode, and “Uncle Sweets” was cute, but… no. Just no. I want my B&B alone thank you very much!

5. Bored Of Sweets says:

Just get your own frakking place Sweets. What a horrible character Sweets is.

6. Jackie says:

EFF OFF SWEETS! Ugh. Cretin.

7. may says:

That is it. I am starting a petition to bring back Parker. It is his room. His family. And his home.

• Marsha says:

Where do I sign?

• sam says:

totally agree sweets has done nothing but piss me off since he got on the show – booth and bones finally got together had a baby lived together for a few months got seperated again finally got to be with each other again and now this tool is in their house i want the private booth and brennan moments, sweets is such a creeper.

• Amber says:

If Sweets doesn’t move out soon he will be actually living with Booth and Brennan longer than Booth and Brennan have done so alone together. And that is just effed upped. B&B are suppose to be a couple but now it is like there are three people in their relationship both at work and personal. Again eff up Hart Hanson plotline logic.

• jane says:

BRING BACK PARKER!!!! also I hope Booth gets Parker a new bed and burns that bed. Cos ugh, Sweets. aint got a girlfriend now, that’s all I am saying…..

8. Debs says:

Just get your own bloody apartment Sweets. And grow a set of balls while you are at it.

9. Lily says:

This storyline has just got worse. It is crossing the line now. That is Parkers room, a kids room. And Sweets, the vile douchebag is complaining he can’t have sex cause of it being a kiddie room? Well get your own place douchebag. Ugh. Double ugh.

10. Lara says:

SWEETS GET OUT BUY A HOME it’s getting boring
    I love the show but he is boring

11. Marsha says:

This is sick, TG, he didnt bring home a girl. Beyond believable. just go, how about an extended stay hotel, his car again.

12. Ugh says:

It is sick. Hart Hanson has just crossed a line in my book. He has turned a character who I didn’t care for one way or the other to making me want Pelant to rip off Sweets face

13. Carmen says:

I actually have grown to like Sweets but I must admit that this particular storyline is getting old. Move out, do or don’t get back with Daisy. Just move out already!

14. Pinky says:

Sweets is now a dirty scumbag in my eyes. This is just gross.

15. Douche Bag Sweets says:

UGH. That is a childs room. Not a place for a jerk to have sex in. Sweets is a total douchebag. GET YOUR OWN APARTMENT.

16. 1Mars says:

ugh, after what Sweets has put B & B through, how can they stand him in their house. I am sure they can afford a housekeeper to make them coffee if that is the big draw. He is trying to live their life. Just go.

17. JennK says:

Wow. All of this hate for a fictitious character.

• Kay says:

I actually feel sorry for the actor, but they have ruined this character, just move him over to the Hodgela estate, they have the room. This storyline is not longer funny, just overly awkward. B & B aren’t old enough to have an adult son.

• JennK says:

Plus with what Pelant did lady episode, they could probably use a boarder. ;)

• vega vapp says:

Um …. I don’t think angela and hodgens could take sweets in because (SPOILER ALERT) ……. pilant took all their money

• Boooing says:

That is exactly why AngelA and Hodgins should take Sweets in to live with them, they now need the extra money by renting out a room would provide. And who knows maybe Hodgins could strangle Sweets when he gets too annoying, we all know he likes to do that these days. Win win.

18. Terry says:

Sweets have you ever heard of a hotel or going to “her place” instead of talking about having sex in a child’s bedroom. Let’s be an adult about things.

19. Fanofgoodshows says:

UGH!!!! daisy is gonna back?!?! this sucks she is so annoying and stupid she should be fired and have them cast someone else as a new squintern i can’t stand her ughh!!!

• Sweets is a very irritating character. So is Daisy. I wish Brodski or how ever you spell his name would have killed either one of them off instead of Vincent in season 5.

• lovebones says:

I TOTALLY AGREE! I also hate on and off couples that keep spoiling whole series (eg. Robin-Barney in HIMYM or Rachel-Ross in Friends).

• Beth says:

So glad someone else shares my feelings for Daisy. I HATE her character. I thought she was gone for good. Why is everyone out to ruin my favorite show?!?

20. Ale says:

aaaarrrrrggggg Sweets just go to hell!

21. Rach says:

I have no hate for the character of Sweets; however, I don’t see the purpose, nor any humor in this ridiculous B-plot. And with each episode that does a scene with Sweets in B&B’s house, I just get even more annoyed about it. Sweets is turning into the Scrappy Doo of Bones.

22. Emmy says:

Afraid this plot line is way past it’s pull date. Move Sweets out so I can have some respect for him again. Please!!

23. Lucy says:

People! Because he is sleeping in Parker’s room he doesn’t want to bring a woman home! He respects that! So stop saying he is creepy! I like Sweets but this storyline is boring I think he needs his own apartment too…. And I want Parker back!!

• CC says:

This! I agree with all of this. Also I hope he doesn’t get back together with Daisy because I liked the character growth of them splitting, and she’s so one-dimensional it’s irritating.

24. BonesFan447 says:

This storyline is well past its time. One or 2 episodes is enough. Sweets please move on (out)!

25. Linda says:

Parker needs to come back home, he needs his dad and Booth isn’t Sweet’s dad.

26. jenn says:

Idk. I kinda like Sweets with B&B. Makes for some funny scenes.

27. Lysh says:

Wow, I love Bones but don’t get involved in the fandom…I had no idea there was such a hate for Sweets. He’s a fine character! Even though him going out with Booth on cases makes no sense. I get the storyline. It’s tough out there. But he has a great job and can afford to move out into an apartment. Search Craigslist, man, and move out.

28. SJ says:

I still don’t get why he broke up with daisey in the first place. That whole thing confused me. I like sweets but i agree, this storyline threw me for a loop and should be transitioned.

29. Kim says:

I like Sweets he needs a better story line. Don’t kill him off. I’m sure he can find his place. He is the only one who knows Zach didn’t really kill anybody. Give him something to do with that.

30. Geege says:

Wow so much hate for sweets. For one thing he didn’t say he wanted to bring a girl home, he actually said it would be too weird to do so while staying in a child’s room. I like sweets but they do need to have more for him to do :)

31. daniece says:

Sweets can’t move out, he is in love with Booth!!!!

32. petradgoode says:

I don’t know why you people watch this show when you so clearly hate it. If the writing, acting, and recurring plot lines make you want to vomit then don’t watch and quit wasting so much time and energy complaining about it.

Apparently SOMEBODY likes Sweets and the whole “surrogate family” storyline, which by the way has been a part of the show for several years now (gasp! shock! vomit! oh the humanity!), because they keep paying John Daley to show up for work, keep writing for his character, and keep exploring the dynamic between Sweets and Booth and Brennan.

If you hate Sweets, then you hate Bones. Turn it off. Watch some dry procedural drama where the regular characters only have personal lives to be glamorous and sexy. And shut up.

• Tory says:

Because Hart Hanson has a crush on John F. Daley and since it’s his show as he’s said time and time again, he can muck it up at much as he wants.

• charlie says:

We should stop watching Bones if we hate Sweets? Srly what kind of lame logic is that? There are other characters ìn the show that fans watch for and enjoy following. *eyeroll*

• Cherie says:

I agree..Sweets does have his annoying side and I was glad when Daisy left. just because she is so annoying.. but then.. she’s supposed to be, right? And maybe she’s right for Sweets after all. I liked how the friendship has developed between B & B and Sweets.. remember when Bones & Booth didn’t think much of Sweets? And yes, they had one episode where they touched on the living arrangements.. this one is just a continuation of that, much like the continuation of the Gravedigger, Gormegon, and Pelant. It is evolving. All you haters leave it alone. I mean, I will admit that I took issue when they changed Bones’ character a bit.. kind of made her look more world stupid that she was when the show first started. but hoping that will ease.. but either you are a fan or you’re not.. It’s like the football fan that hates the team when they lose and loves them when they win. .However, I would like to see both Parker and Christine a little more as well as little Michael.. maybe some interactions with the kids. a birthday party or something.. but it’s fine the way it is.

• trill says:

Sweets has been living with them since November we are now going into Feb. He can afford. This plot is now beyond ridic. He can’t find a perfect place, well just find a less than perfect place till you find your perfect place. And let B&B have their privacy FFS

• john says:

Sweets is now a pathetic lame duck. Most tedious plot ever. Are the writers so scared to show Booth and Brennan in their house alone, doing couple things? Lame.

• robbie says:

Three’s a crowd.This has been going on for months now YAWN. Move the frak out already Sweets and get your own life.

• L. Atkinson says:

Bravo!!! I’ll second this comment! …and for interest sake, an exceptional script and cast of characters always follows a formula. There’s always characters who spark some sort of clash in the story line. If one pays close attention to any long running successful tv series, they’ll be able to spot the one or few cast members that fit that role. On a personal note, I find Sweets is a necessary character in the series, who serves as both a splinter and a glue between Bones and Booth.

• sophia7470 says:

Peoplr forget the production reasons behind things as well, Sweets is staying in ‘Parker’s room’ because that set was already built, so they weren’t going to splash out on a brand new ‘spare room’ set.

Whether Sweets has enough cash to move out is irrelevant. Booth and Brennan are clearly both quite happy with him there – he’s more like family than a house guest anyway.

33. Lukeybabes says:

it’s nice to see what the majority of people think about characters in a show you ‘love so much’ helping a friend in need. All your friends are such lucky people to be friends with you

• Red says:

Awesome post! I couldn’t agree more.

• Lisa says:

Sweets in not a “friend in need”. He’s perfectly able to afford his own place. He’s safe and comfortable with Booth & Brennan now so there’s no incentive for him to look for an apartment.

Of course it will be a matter of him wanting to have sex that finally gets him out and into his own place.

• Lukeybabes says:

as it said in the clip, the housing market is dry atm, don’t assume that because he works in the FBI he earns a ton of money. He’ll also be paying back student loans and most likely finance on his car. Part of his character is that he is vulnerable. He was on orphan, hence his attachment to a strong family environment.

• Lisa says:

I seriously doubt Sweets has student loans. He’s supposed to be super genius with a degree from Oxford so I’m guessing full scholarships. Or his parents paid for his college. They were still alive when he was going through school. I also don’t buy the DC housing market is dry spiel. He’s been saying that since he first moved in.

If you’re happy with this story line that’s great. Obviously many of us are not. I don’t hate Sweets, but I do hate this story line. I no longer find it even the least bit amusing. I also don’t think it adds anything to the character by having him regress to the role of teenage son.

Luckily there is enough else going on this season that it’s only a minor annoyance so I still enjoy the episodes even if I don’t like what’s going on at home. Fortunately those scenes are brief.

• charlie says:

He isn’t a friend in need now. He has been living with Booth and Brennan since Nov, 3mths is long enough to be living with a them and to find a place of his own. Sweets makes a ton of money working for the FBI, he could afford an amazing place. Or you know rent an apartment or get a roomie. This plotline makes him seem weak and needy the longer it goes on for.

• suzi says:

Great point. It isn’t about the money or the (lack of) sex. It’s about the friendship between these three, how they help and nurture each other.

34. the8tregirl says:

Of all the reasons to be annoyed with and even angered by the direction(s) sometimes taken by this show, Uncle Dr Sweets is not even in my top 10.

As someone who has always had other people living, off and on, in her house – family members, friends, exchange students – this is a perfectly normal situation to me. Three generations of family used to quite routinely share one house. Just because we make up our families differently these days, by including our friends, house sharing is somehow ‘icky’? For god’s sake, we share EVERYTHING on the internet via facebook and twitter and blogs and posting comments on tv show spoiler stories. Why are so many people finding this story line wrong?

I hope he never moves out! When Parker does come back from England – or mysteriously turns into a 16-year old in Season 9 when Booth discovers he’s been running around with a bad crowd in northern Virginia – and there’s no more room at the inn, that’s when Sweets should go.

Although, seriously? This house is only three bedrooms?? No guest room?

35. reanna says:

I like sweets and he wasnt the one who brought up the sex topic bones did. Yes its about time he got his own place but I don’t think he should be killed off.

36. John says:

Cute clip, Brennan was funny.

37. Annette says:

Because Sweets has interfered time and time again with B & B’s relationship, remember he didnt tell Brennan that Booth didnt die & told him after Booth’s brain surgery that he didn’t love Brennan, egged Bth’s on the propose to Hannah because Booth was old and still single, need I go on and now they are all bffs. The Booth/Brennan household has put up with him long enough. At work, taking over his cases, interrogating when B & B used to do that, now a full fledged FBI agent and they cant get away from him, he’s in their face every minute. Just because I don’t like this plotline doesn’t mean the other characters don’t still appeal to me. Get him out of their house, let him be bff with Booth and yes, I think Sweets has a man crush on Booth too.

38. John says:

Glad I stopped watching this show. From reading these news bits, Doesn’t look like I’m missing much…

39. Sammy says:

I think Sweets is a lesbian. Worst. Character. Ever. Please go away.

40. shksprsis says:

Does the same person keep posting over and over?

41. Mary says:

Why are you guys hating on a “fictional” character? It’s… just weird… Plus I dont understand how that house can only have parker’s room… b&b’s room… and baby’s room?

• John says:

Two professional people might easily have taken advantage of extra bedrooms they didn’t think they’d need and turned them into offices: and given Sweets’ “temporary” stay there’d be no immediate sense of a need to go to the bother of messing up one of their offices when a perfectly useful bedroom was standing empty.

OR it’s so crammed with junk they have no place else to store. They did combine two households after all: that’s a lot of redundant stuff people might yet not want to get rid of.

42. Trekkmom says:

I like Sweets! Lay off him, if you don’t like the show don’t watch. Or here’s a thought, create, write and produce your own show, then you can cater to the masses of opinions on how it should go! No? Then just go watch Honey Boo Boo.

43. sophia7470 says:

I LOVE Sweets, he makes me laugh every single week. He’s so insightful. I don’t understand why people are so harsh on him – he literally has no family – that’s why he’s so close to B&B, because they understand what that’s like.

As for this clip – Brennan ASKED him whether he’s slept with anyone, she’s interested, not offended. Sweets is the one who said that wouldn’t be appropriate.

I don’t know what people are so worked up about, Sweets is one of the best things about the show!

• Steph says:

I agree he was going to leave and Brennan basically told him to stay and she asked him if he was having sex what was he suppose to say.

• Sarah says:

I couldn’t agree more. The whole point of sweet was because he was young and alone, an B & B took him under their wing and gave him a family. Even if he could go stay with Amgela and Hodgins, he wouldn’t. He’d rather stay with the two people that feel most like family. I like the dynamic of Sweets because at the end of the day, all he wants is for B & B to be happy. When Parker comes back, he’ll either find a place, or just move to the couch. With how close Parker is to the rest of the crew, I’m sure he knows Sweets very well.

As far as Sweets being creepy, I don’t understand that at all. He’s a good kid and he always puts everyone before himself. He brings humor to the show, especially with him and Daisy. That whole storyline cracked me up. I’m glad Hart’s doing what he I doing because it keeps me watching. I apart stopped with the whole Hannah season (not because of Hannah but because the show was starting to go stale in my opinion) but Hart fixed it after only a few episodes.

• musicy says:

Sweets treated Brennan and Booth like a rat experiment for his book. He let Brennan think that Booth was dead for two weeks when he was instructed to tell her he wasn’t. He constanly buts in and gives lame advice/pov when he isn’t asked, like telling Hodgins to go take a nap after his family home just got attacked by Pelant, WTF? and makes snide comments to Booth i.e. that he was jealous of Christine, the attention that Brennan was giving her, he was lucky that Booth didn’t punch him in the face for that. Oh yeah Sweets is a prince. Snark.

• laurie says:

Sweets is the WORST thing about Bones now, imo. He has no place on the show. When he was B&B shrink or when he shrink evaluates a case fine, he is doing his job BUT all he does now is take over the questioning suspects at the FBI building that Booth has been doing for years. All the writers do is take and take from Booth’s character and give it to Sweets. People have been complaining that Booth has had less screentime and scenes this season and Sweets doing more of Booth’s job without Booth is why. Thank God David spoke up and asked for more character development for Booth, which is in itself sad that he had to ask for this, the writers should be doing this as a given instead of Booth being sidelined by them. That is no way to treat the male lead of the show. A seasoned actor.

• Deena says:

Thank you! I also think he is the funniest person on the show (especially since the loss of Vincent Nigel Murray) and his character has grown so much since the doc who wanted to write a book on Booth & Bones. B&B also look to him for advice even when they don’t want to admit they are doing so. The 3 of them are a closer knit group than obviously a lot of fans want to also admit. He’s my favorite character outside of B&B.

44. planet says:

The three of them discussing about Sweets sexlife when they all know he sleeps in Parkers room just is skeevy. ugh. Just move out already.

• John says:

Well it’s not like Brennan has any sort of functioning social filters at all right? That’s been hammered home for years.

45. Jenni says:

The problem is that this plot line should have been resolved eps ago. It is just a distraction from the rest of the show now, fans are sick of it, it’s gone on too long, it’s no longer funny or sweet, or a friend in need, it comes off as Sweets taking advantage of B & B once again. Sweets was used so much better in “Corpse” professional and helpful but not overbearing as he has been the last 6 months.

46. Shelby says:

I actually like the plot and all of the stuff going on, i will admit Daisy does annoy me, but the rest of the characters are awesome that includes Sweets. I don’t really see a problem with Sweets staying with Booth and Brennan, he helps out around the house and pays for his share. Also, Sweets has the upmost respect for Booth and Brennan and he would understand if they really wanted him to leave, but Booth and Brennan haven’t asked him to leave on a serious note.

47. The concept of the Neurotic Psychiatrist/Psychologist is perfect and pure… it is eloquently portrayed …..

48. Jaann Hamilton says:

Are we runing out of ides for plot’s, or is this a start of quality in “Bones” falling into soft porn?

49. Jackie says:

I love Bones and everyone in it! You take the good with the bad, I will always continue to watch this show!