Castle First Look: Beckett Is Hot for Vengeance

Castle‘s Detective Kate Beckett has justice, sweet justice, in her sights when Jack Coleman (Heroes) reprises his role of slithery Senator Bracken on Feb. 4. Will vengeance for her mother’s murder at long last be hers, or will the snake-like, decades-old conspiracy sprout (yet) another head?

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line Has Scoop on Castle‘s ‘Esplanie’ Romance

Per the official synopsis for the episode “Recoil,” while investigating the murder of a young woman, Castle and Beckett find evidence that links her death with Senator William H. Bracken. Determined to finally bring the man responsible for Johanna Beckett’s murder to justice, Kate soon realizes that things are far more complicated than they seem.

Flip through the photos below then tell us: Do you think Kate will finally get her man? Or will Bracken slip through her fingers a second time?

1. Astrid says:

Looks intense! Can’t wait!

2. Well hello there, Mr Coleman.

3. OMG, I can’t WAIT for this episode! The “mythology” episodes surrounding Johanna Beckett’s murder have been some of the most memorable. (and heartbreaking) But at the same time, I’d love to see Kate finally get some closure to this so she and Castle can continue to move forward…. at least until the next shoe drops. (His Father perhaps?) Either way, I can’t wait! This show hasn’t lost a step!

4. Michael says:

Bracken will slip through her fingers a second time. In two years from now when rating will go down than SHE will catch him

5. mary says:

Stana looks smoking hot. I’m really interested in this one, last two episodes were fillers and no one cares about supporting cast. Is it weird that I’m more excited about dr.Worf being back then Bracken?

• Alan says:

i care about the supporting cast. without the supporting cast we would have 2 characters and lots of cardboard cut-outs around them. no matter how good the mains are the supporting need just as much development or that is just lazy writing

• luli says:

i like the supporintg cast, they are great!

• Shaun says:

I disagree….her clothes in this episode are really unflattering.Also never put her hair up like that again!!

6. SW says:

I hope he still has the scar. I want to smirk when I see it.

7. Alan says:

she will get closer and then he will slip away or he will reveal he isnt the head of the conspiracy and die (the one i expect). either way cant wait

8. Kristina says:

Finally, something interesting.

9. JAA says:

I’m really excited about this episode, the Johanna’s murder case mythology is my favorite. Stana Katic shines through these episodes.

10. Ali says:

Wowww Stana..Castle’s finest <3

11. A says:

I just started watching Castle a month ago and finally caught up and I have to say that I love the show. Has anyone noticed that the show seem like a mixture of Burn Notice and Bones?

12. Sherry says:

Stana has never looked better. I love this show and follow it religiously, but am I the only one that thinks it odd that we are having episode after episode with two people supposedly having a red hot romance and we are seeing almost nothing happening like even a smooch at the water cooler? I’m getting bored by it…in a lot of ways it’s just another detective show.

• srieley says:

My thoughts exactly! I would love to see some caskett scenes not working like a dinner with friends or something that doesn’t get intrupted so we can really see a bit of who they are as couple. :-)

13. Mari says:

Stana looks amazing!

14. Kate says:

I love the episodes dealing with Beckett’s mom. The scene with her and Senator Bracken in After the Storm was AMAZING! I can’t wait to see what this episode brings!

15. lariet50 says:

Wow, I seem to be living in the minority on “Castle” lately! I am sick to death of the Beckett mom mythology. Haven’t they beat that poor horse enough already?

• Alan says:

the mythology has only appeared in an amount of episodes that adds up to single figures, considering the show is approaching its hundredth soon i think that it should be featured more. there are other shows which stick closer to the mythology than this one and yet this is the one i always see complaints over when it comes to the mythology, i just dont get it

• a says:

No, Alan. Last season was ALL ABOUT the Mombatross. The prior seasons had plenty of Mombatross too. It took over easily double digits of shows. Mombatross is OVER for the fans. Why isn’t it over for Marlowe?

• Linda Kirk says:

I am with you lariet50—-good Lord, enough! They haven’t learned yet that it is the lighthearted that we really enjoy the most with this duo! The fun, the one liners, the eye rolls…..the romantic hints…..geeze come on and catch the guy and move on…………..

16. The Squatch says:

I am probably alone here but I am kind of getting tired of the whole Becket’s mother’s murder mystery. I mean, she was found dead in an alley. Okay. Then a conspiracy forms… First a few cops… then powerful mystery men… then a senator… and I believe I read a while back that it may even involve the president (?) at some point? I bet sooner or later it will come out that Castle’s dad (suddenly a mysterious CIA superspy by the way), has something to do with it as well, just to add a little tension in their relationship so they can break up and get back together over the course of next season.
    Don’t get me wrong, I love the show. I just dislike when certain storylines are drawn out for longer than they need to be, no matter what the show.

• Lauren says:

I agree with you to an extent; however, when the writers resolve the mytharc, it can have not-so-wonderful consequences (see “The X-Files,” post resolution of the what-happened-to-my-sister mythology/conspiracy arc). I think it can be done well, but it’s not easy! I think the same goes for The Mentalist, actually: If they ever resolve the whole Red John thing, THEN what will Jane do???

• A says:

I agree with Lauren. Its kind of like Burn Notice. If Michael had figured out who burned him and took down all the people involved in the first 3-4 seasons what else would there be left for him to do in the show but live happily with Fiona and continue his daily job as a spy/helper of people in need.
      While I do get frustrated that the the mother mystery drags on sometimes, if they decide to resolve the mystery and the show continues, they need to have some other big seasonal mystery or villain to keep the show going. Otherwise, it will just be a weekly show about cases and relationships which is fine but the murder mystery adds a bit of intrigue and something to look forward to each season

• srieley says:

They do have that crazy bad guy out to get the team. The one that tried to frame castle for murder etc… I don’t think he is actually dead.

• luli says:

I hope you are wrong and Castle’s dad isn’t involved in the murder of Johanna… and i think i read somewhere that Marlowe said once Castle and Beckett got together they were together and wouldn’t break them up…

• a says:

I hear this myth about Marlowe not breaking up Castle and Beckett, but nobody’s ever been able to point me to anything where he’s said it. I am sure without a doubt that the breakup is on the table. He will break them up if he feels it’s best for ratings. Expect a break up next season, if not on the cliff-hanger for this season.

• Tim says:

It may seem like it’s getting old to you, but I enjoy these episodes for several specific reasons. One is the drama is ratcheted up because, unlike the other episodes of the series, there’s actually stakes involved. As an audience member, there’s less predictability in the actions of the characters in these overarching episodes, too, meaning the writers take more risks with the main characters. And because of the drama and the risks, these episodes always add something to the story. They never do these episodes to simply bring up the old information. There’s always something else added to it. For those who sit at home and try to play detective along with the characters, all of these reasons make these episodes some of the more fun.

• VGuidry says:

I agree with you completely, other then the love story I love these drama induced episodes not only for the new info but also the amazing acting that usually has me riveted on Stana Katic’s every move every blink and every word. She is amazing to watch.

17. Krithika says:

Yay another JB episode…!! Apart from (heavy lack of)Caskett the JB episodes are the highlights of Castle…But I agree the case should receive a closure atleast by season 6… I dont want Castle’s dad to be involved…makes it way too cliche…

• Alan says:

having a central mystery end before the show ends is never a good idea, it always ruins the shows momentum. big example would be x-files, it pretty much fell apart after its mystery was wrapped up. its much better to end the mystery in the last episode because otherwise those stories pot-resolution just become a stain on the legacy of the show.

18. Teri says:

Hope Beckett gets some peace and can release the demons from her moms murder.

19. Caskettfanforever says:

This episode looks like it’ll be amazing! I can’t stand Bracken. I do think he’ll escape by the end somehow and live to fight another day.
    Stana looks gorgeous in these pics, as does Nathan!

20. VGuidry says:

Weather she get’s her man or not I have a feeling Castle will have to work overtime to keep Beckett in check and her heart in his hands for safe keeping.

21. a says:

Wow, look at that outfit on Beckett, nice button up collar shirt. She’s looking more school-marmly, grandmotherly every day. Remember how Castle commented that she dressed a certain way to seduce him? Well lookie what happens when she apparently starts getting enough of him! LOL! Bet we’ll even get a nice chaste smacky high school kiss this time too. Gotta throw a bone to the fans, you know.

Gee, I wonder why this show is still sitting on the cancellation bubble when even Nashville is showing likely to be renewed. Because Marlowe is blowing the relationship? Yeah, maybe.

22. ann says:

I hope she gets him but I don’t think she will. They will keep this story going just like Bones with Pelant and The Mentalist with RedJohn…I really hope she can get him and bring closure to this awful time in her life.c