Bad News: Fox Pulls Ben and Kate From Schedule

Ben and Kate CancelledFox’s patience with Ben and Kate appears to have run out.

TVLine has learned that the network is pulling the acclaimed, ratings-challenged rookie comedy from its schedule, effective immediately.

Beginning next Tuesday, back-to-back episodes of Raising Hope will air from 8-9 pm through February (except on Feb. 9, when Hope will lead into an encore of New Girl at 8:30/7:30c). Hope‘s one-hour season finale will air Thursday, March 28 following American Idol.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

On Tuesday, March 12, Season 11 of Hell’s Kitchen will take over the 8-9 pm perch, leading into New Girl and The Mindy Project.

Although a Fox insider maintains that Ben and Kate will return at a later date, make no mistake: today’s news has cancellation written all over it. And yes, it sucks.

1. Patric says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!STUPID FOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. I loved this show and had hoped they would be able to find a way to pull full. Bummed!

3. emma says:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I loved this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bummer you guys

4. Sarah says:

It’s really unfair that the mindy project got the post new girl slot, when ben & kate is a funnier show.

5. kates2424 says:

Hopefully they’ll give it another chance (or two) like they did for that Christian Slater sitcom. I liked it better than New Girl this year.

6. Trace says:

Ugg, more foul mouth Hell’s kitchen. If you have to bleep out half the dialogue, what is the point? Love Ben and Kate. The relationships really made the show.

7. missmiggles says:

so sad, I loved this show. Networks are always taking away the shows I actually like … grrrr

8. qj201 says:

Fox please pick up Apt 23 and pair it with Raising Hope, as that was all I was watching on Tuesday anyway on network TV.

9. Leah says:

I loved this show. It had such a great cast and was getting better and better all the time. I would’ve much rather they pulled Mindy Project!

10. JT says:

Well this sucks. Yo FOX, stop cancelling stuff I like.

11. sarah says:

This is so stupid! It is such a funny show.

12. Curt says:

why this less than funny, just stupid idiots doing nothing got on the air in the first place is a mystery to me…. then I also hate Happy Endings (really dumb) New Girl I(equally dumb & just silly) Go On .. dumb and New Normal, an embarrassment to everyone

• Courtney says:

If you hate all these shows, why would you even bother watching these sitcoms in the first place. You don’t have to like them, but why is everything just “dumb” ? They’re all pretty good shows so…

13. Dave G says:

Once again the US network execs get out their idiot scissors and snip, snip, snip.

Ben and Kate is a great, quirky little sow with more than a hint of British humour and a good dose of US humour too. It’s a perfect little blend with a great desl of potential which I really hope doesn’t end up 6 feet under.

Mind you, this is Fox so it shouldn’t be too much of a surprise. They tend to mess up most decisions be it TV or Film.

Must remember in future or to bother with anything from Fox to avoid future dissapiintment.

• Alex says:

“Idiot scissors”? Fox messed up the decision? LMAO! The ratings sucked. Viewers spoke. They didn’t watch the how. Why should Fox carry a dud loser on its schedule?

14. Courtney says:

This really bums me out! I had no clue what this show was, but I tuned in and I loved it! I personally liked it more than the Mindy Project which I had high hopes for. Hope that it does get to come back!

• my thoughts exactly – i really want to like mindy more, but ben and kate is the one i didn’t care if i liked and now i love! i love the back and forth between ben and tommy- and kate is so quirkily and sweetly funny!

15. Midori says:

This is great news to me! I tried to like this show, but I don’t get the point of it, and the characters don’t seem like brother or sisters.

Fox should have known better and show Goodwin Games.

16. Melanie says:

Boo hiss. Great show. Really liked the B in Apt 23, too. I think for that show that not being available On Demand contributed to its demise.

17. no!!!!! i really didn’t think i would like that show but i just caught a bit of one episode, and then another and then startedwatching them and it’s my FAVORITE new show!!! it’s so witty! all the characters are great! boo Fox, big BOO!!!

18. Alex says:

“Bad” news? Not if, like me, you think this show stinks. Good riddance!

19. Stacey says:

I’m bummed. This was a sweet little show that I enjoyed a heck of a lot more than The Mindy Project.

20. cjeffery7 says:

I’m not surprised but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    it was such a sweet little weird family-esque quirky-com. though that’s probably why most people didn’t watch it.

21. Fiona L says:

Its the only show I felt painful to sit through the first episode, and one I could barely give a second chance to and I’m still trying to figure out why. Possibly the leads. I love the idea, and I love the style from New Girl but yeah the only show I’ve never not instantly liked something of it…

22. Amy says:

Fox what are you doing? I like Ben a Kate! Sure it could use a little help but unit has a lot of potential. I use to like glee but that’s gotten pretty bad and you’re leaving that on. Give Ben and Kate another chance.

23. Brendan says:

I was just talking to someone about how pissed I was to see “Don’t trust The B” get cancelled when shows like this are still on the air and then wham this one is gone as well. I will watch almost anything but I just could not get hooked on this show. The awkward leads (one should have been more grounded but they both seemed to be totally messes), the skinny Rebel Wilson wannabe, the token black guy and the little kid. It really never clicked for me.

24. Perdix says:

Rumors spreading that BandK and GGames will air on Friday as a replacement for Kitchen Nightmares when it left the spot. If one or both of the shows perform great, They will be renewed.

25. Keith says:

This show was a little uneven at times, but I thought it improved as time went on. I think it’s funnier and more watchable than The Mindy Project.

26. Sarah says:

Noooo! This was one of my favorites. Really bummed. And Echo Kellum! What will I do without him?

27. Tee says:

I started off liking the show well enough, but found I was losing interest fast with every episode. I ended up with several unwatched episodes on the DVR, and finally deleted them and cancelled the series recording the other day. The dialogue was cute, I didn’t mind the characters, I think I just felt like it was relying too much on embarrassing moments to drive humor. I still think it was better than a lot of the shows that are living on somehow.

28. Mandy lowes says:

I don’t like any of you who don’t like this show. Pretty much I think is most of u should slap yourself in the face!

29. Mandy lowes says:

I wish I could say what I really wanted you losers. Frankin suck it!

30. Summer says:

This show was the best show. My absolute favorite. And they barely gave it a chance!
    I hope they bring it back some day; there’s a petition going on, and I deeply hope it makes some sort of a difference. The thing with this show was, all the characters were unique! Everything they said could become the modern cliché list! The relationship between all of them was really just silly and fun, and it was contagious! The hilarious situations they stumbled into made my day ten times brighter. I was so distressed over hearing it was cancelled, they have no idea what they threw away! The cast was superb and the plot, as crazy as it was, was not only relatable( : A single mother, trying to raise her daughter in the world with the help of her best friend, brother, and her brother’s best friend WHO had a crush on her, and also had a little romance here and there), but it was suitable for tons of age groups. The sexual situations were not played out to be vulgar or dirty like you see everywhere else, it was funny, and fun! I mean, the code between Ben and Kate for when they were going to have a ‘friend’ over was “Makin’ waffles”. I see a lot of people dislike this show for some reason? And honestly I don’t see how. Go rewatch all the episodes and tell me you didn’t smile even once. FOX! Do you have no mercy for your own family (Ben and Kate Fox)?! Aha, please, please renew it. Don’t just give up on them, make one-of-a-kind shows like this last! It was the perfect amount of everything. Don’t let it go.