TBS Cancels Wedding Band After One Season

Get More: Cancellations

wedding band

Mother of the Bride has left the building.

TBS has cancelled the Brian Austin Green-starring comedy Wedding Band, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Exclusive: TBS’ Cougar Town Enlists Suburgatory Spouse for Season 4

Not even a receiving line of big-name guest stars (including Austin’s wife Megan Fox and Las Vegas‘ Molly Sims) could save the series, which debuted in November but struggled to build and keep an audience in its 10 pm Saturday time slot.

The musical comedy followed a group of friends, led by Green’s Tommy and including Harold Perrineau‘s Stevie, who rocked out at receptions in their spare time.

As noted by The Hollywood Reporter, which broke the story, Wedding Band ended its 10-episode run on Saturday.

Tags: ,

Comments (115)

• I am bummed. I really enjoyed this show

Comment by Kelly – January 22, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read that this past weeks series finale had 1.4 million total viewers and around 850,000 viewers in the 18-49 demo. I wouldn’t exactly call that struggling considering the Saturday 10pm timeslot. Imagine if TBS actually took the time to promote it. Could have been a cool show.

Comment by JoJo – January 22, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? That’s better than some CW shows….and those air Mon-Fri! Geez….

Comment by Lauren – January 22, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Probably the best show on TBS (not including BBT and Family Guy). Should have been put on Thursday instead of nerds show. I was so looking forward to Tommy and Rachel. Too funny and i beg the tv gods to have some other network pick it up.

Comment by Brandon – January 22, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad news, I enjoyed the show. And it is rare that I ever enjoy a comedy.

Comment by Melody – January 22, 2013 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saturday timeslot WHAT WERE YOU THINKING TBS?!?

Afraid to watch anything now because it all keeps getting fraking cancelled…

Comment by SanaA – January 22, 2013 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nice show, too bad they cancelled another show that’s fun to watch!!

Comment by SinbaD – January 23, 2013 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show, although I agree with most posters about not hearing about it. I never ever heard the title until I caught a marathon over New Years. I loved the show, though. I will miss it.

Comment by Amanda – January 23, 2013 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad move, I thought it was a great new show. Good luck with Cougar Town, which I see 200 commercials a day for. I have NO interest in that show.

Comment by Dan – January 23, 2013 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show was really enjoyable. They got a RAW deal with the saturday night timeslot. I really liked the show…..and the music. TBS should rethink this and move it to a better day and time

Comment by Ken – January 23, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very upsetting they canceled this show. Very well written, and the actors worked very well together. I watched every episode and was looking forward to more. The show was wide open, they could have written a ton of different kinds of episodes. I won’t be tuning into TBS anymore now that i see how much they don’t give a show a real chance.

Comment by Jeff Engle – January 23, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad about this one. Brian Austin Green is AMAZING.

Comment by matty – January 23, 2013 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad. I think this is the only show I’ve ever liked from TBS. :-(

Comment by Marie – January 23, 2013 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a shame! This was my favorite new show this season. I loved the alternate takes on the songs they played. I want a CD of that alone.

Comment by Paul – January 24, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TBS sucks!!! Lousy advertisement and lousy time. They didn’t have a chance.

Comment by Betsy Star – January 24, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best show on the air!!! TBS should never reconsider or have another network pick it up. I heard it did great in Canada and Austrailia. They have better taste than HOllywood!!!!

Comment by b s – January 24, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CANCELED!?!? Ok TBS maybe this show will now get picked up by a REAL network who isn’t hell-bent on tanking its own programming. I mean Saturday at 10pm???? Really??? Can Anyone name any other series that played on Saturdays at 10pm?? This was no. 1 on my DVR this season. This could have been a great 4some comedy to go against all the Big Bang reruns. TBS you suck.

Comment by Cantcfloor – January 24, 2013 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can only echo what everyone else is saying: this is the worst news ever! I’m really getting tired of all the shows I like getting cancelled. I really liked all of the characters and was really looking forward to the music and shenanigans. I’m not even someone who likes “music” shows (never seen Glee, never want to), but I love every cover they do. The DVD better be awesome and have extra song covers….and music videos…and more songs! sigh!

Comment by Dawn – January 25, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVED this show…very funny, great music, it definetely deserves another chance in a better time slot!

Comment by Meghan – January 26, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My husband didn’t believe me when I told him the show was cancelled…. It ‘s Saturday night and we have nothing to watch!!!!

Comment by Lisa – January 26, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! I am so sorry to hear this. I really did enjoy the show. TBS should really rethink that decision.

Comment by Monique – January 26, 2013 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am totally pissed about the cancellation of wedding band…the show was really good…so relatable and ejoyable to watch..I dvred every episode and watch them all the time .. I was soo lookin fwd to season 2.. Tbs made a really big mistake in cancelling it. They shouldve gave a better time slot.. Seriously , this couldve been one of the greats. Bad move guys.. I hope they bring it back.. The chemistry between all the actors was amazing and that’s hard to come by. I haven’t seen a show that enjoyable in a long time..me my friends and my family members all got into watching it.. Please bring it back the way FAMILY GUY was brought back after it was cancelled. And look how big that got.

Comment by steven vitale – January 26, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boo!!! I really liked this show. Original NON-reality show with great characters. Bad move TBS!

Comment by Vicki – January 26, 2013 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show! Can’t believe there is not going to be a season 2. What a shame!

Comment by Kate – January 27, 2013 04:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is great. Critics rave about it in Australia (where I am) and I just can’t understand why it was cancelled.
    Really funny, witty and a great cast. Boo TBS

Comment by Dan – January 30, 2013 03:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show. Was sooooo looking forward to Tommy and Rachel, sucks big time. Hate how networks don’t give shows a chance, you almost feel like not investing in a show because you know it won’t last. I really thought Wedding Band had great writing and some good jokes. Put a smile on my face.

Comment by Helen – January 30, 2013 04:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t believe The Wedding Band is cancelled. Such a great concept. Love the different weddings/events and the music in each episode. Amazing that the actors actually play and perform the songs. I was really looking forward to the next series too. Shame to break up the band!

Comment by Michelle Woods – February 2, 2013 02:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE this show… sucky news!

Comment by Will – February 4, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe they are cancelling THIS & bringing back the f*ckery that is Sullivan & Son! That is a HORRIBLE show, its rarely funny.

I loathe Brian Austin Greene but liked the show enough to get past it & watch it anyway!

Comment by Spritely – February 7, 2013 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst News Ever!!! This show rocked and TBS blows for not knowing it!

Comment by KA – February 8, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what the hell ! damm good show yet cancelled after one season ! dammit really looking foward to tommy n rachel connection……i live in Malaysia & paid thru the net to watch this show and yet it is cancelled n some other stupid show manage to be renewed ?! does American peoples lose their sense of judgement ?!

Comment by Brutaljava – February 11, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show rocked! It was easily one of the best shows last year. I really hope another network picks this up

Comment by BJ – February 11, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe if they changed its day form the weekend to a weekday then it would do better -_- i was looking forward to a new season .. TBS sucks for that

Comment by Bri – February 14, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww this friggin sucks this show was awesome!

Comment by michelle – February 28, 2013 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please bring it back! we love it here in the philippines

Comment by bennett061186 – March 12, 2013 03:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shame on TBS! I’m sure they don’t care about losing a few more fans. Boo. You suck! The first feel good show in a long time. Did I mention that TBS sucks?

Comment by Tina – March 13, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That sucks!!! It was one of the best things Saturdays even offered anymore. Damn TBS … NOT VERY FUNNY!!! Get it back on & put it on at 8:00pm. The show was fun, witty, and had the best re-done cover tunes ever.

Comment by Stan – March 17, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We’ve only just started watching this show in the UK and it rocks quite literally, its well written, extremely funny and guys look like th’re actually enjoying themselves not going threw the motions.

Wedding Band in one word: BRILLIANT

Please someone pick it up, don’t let this great show be yet another consigned to history before it gets started

Comment by Jerry – April 6, 2013 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show it was funny it had great music, sexy actors and actresses :D And the storylines were descent as well. There was nothing wrong with this show accept of the day and time of airing. I mean siriously? Saturday at 10pm? That is just ridiculous for a new TV Show.

Comment by Hororka – April 7, 2013 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sucks so much I actually went as far as to comment on something like this which I’ve never done before. Menat work is so lame, I’ve given it two tries and after the marathon of wedding band I randomly stumbled upon I was hooked. Someone else needs to pick this up, me and plenty of others need to get closure on what will happen with Tommy and Rachel now!

Comment by bob frank – April 15, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with every comment on here…this show was great and SOOOOO funny! I really hope they bring it back with a better time slot because I know it would be a success!!
    I <3 Brian Austin Green!!!
    Seriously funny show

Comment by Angela – April 20, 2013 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe they cancelled this show!!! It was sooo funny and I loved all the covers of songs they did! I really wish they would reconsider!!!! :(

Comment by Heather – April 24, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shame on you TBS, you can’t except to build a fanbase with Saturday 10pm time slot… what is wrong with this world putting awesome shows like this on the air and cancelling them after 1 season only to replace them with crap!!!

Comment by jamiejacket – May 6, 2013 03:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I”m soooo shocked to hear that the show is cancelled.I absolutely looooovvveee this show.Is so so brilliant.I m watching Wedding Band in UK at the moment.:’(

Comment by Svenja Jordan – May 17, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooo! This is seriously one of the best shows out at the moment. Was hanging for a season2! :(

Comment by Bec – May 24, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really upset that its cancelled. Me and hubby hate the same things on tv and this was the only show we both liked!! Bring it bk!!!!

Comment by Abi – May 25, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TBS you suck, end of comments

Comment by TJ – June 8, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • From UK. Brilliant show. Easy to watch. Funny. Great mix of actors. Insane to cancel this. Would continue to grow. Idiotic.

Comment by Hicks – June 10, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring it back! It’s the only show I’ve been looking forward to seeing again!!!!! Sooo sad!

Comment by Leilani – June 19, 2013 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No the show was great!! Wish they would air it again :(

Comment by HenorStag – July 3, 2013 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Typical the good funny shows are cancelled but couger town is still going, what is Courtney paying for it. How do you expect a new show to succeed being played 10pm on a Saturday night. Didn’t even give it a chance

Comment by Kylie – July 18, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post