TBS Cancels Wedding Band After One Season

wedding band

Mother of the Bride has left the building.

TBS has cancelled the Brian Austin Green-starring comedy Wedding Band, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Exclusive: TBS’ Cougar Town Enlists Suburgatory Spouse for Season 4

Not even a receiving line of big-name guest stars (including Austin’s wife Megan Fox and Las Vegas‘ Molly Sims) could save the series, which debuted in November but struggled to build and keep an audience in its 10 pm Saturday time slot.

The musical comedy followed a group of friends, led by Green’s Tommy and including Harold Perrineau‘s Stevie, who rocked out at receptions in their spare time.

As noted by The Hollywood Reporter, which broke the story, Wedding Band ended its 10-episode run on Saturday.

1. George says:

I didn’t watch this show, but I never understood why it aired on Saturdays.

• Penni says:

I’m so buuuuummed!!!!! I love this show. If I wasn’t able to watch it on Saturday at 9:00, I’d watch the next run of it at 10:00 or Sunday morning. I thought it was great the way they went above and beyond the call. I can’t believe it is cancelled. It seems like the shows I really like, which aren’t very many nowadays, they get cancelled or I came in towards the end of their life, but got hooked watching the reruns or on Netflix. I wish they would reconsider and bring it back. This news has ruined my day.

• LuLu says:

Sooo disappointed !!! Can’t believe this got cancelled , but we resurrect the wine drinking bad plastic surgery faces of Cougar Town ?!?! Don’t get it ?

2. Rebecca says:

NOOOOOO! I really liked this show and loved having Brian Austin Green on my TV screen again :(

3. Martin says:

For where it was shoves in the schedule to essentially burn-off it didn’t do that bad.

4. skiki says:

Bummer. It was actually quite enjoyable.

5. Jared says:

The Wedding Band would have been a much better series if it was changed into a half hour comedy format and was launched during Summer or with Big Bang repeats etc. Who did TBS think would watch this show Saturdays at 10pm? Sounds like it was doomed to fail from the very start because otherwise it was a solid series minus the hour long format..which I still don’t understand.

6. Alan says:

That’s a shame. I really liked the show. I think it would have done much better with a better time slot.

7. Jess says:

i have never heard of this… did TBS promote this or am I really that much of a workaholic?

8. Will West says:

Worst timeslot EVER

9. Mom of 3 says:

That sucks….it was AWESOME…I was looking forward to season 2.

10. I just watched it for the first time the other day, and really enjoyed it. Bummer that it’s now cancelled!

11. Matt says:

HAAAAAROLD!!!!

12. Lauren says:

Oh no….enjoyed this show. Struggled? They put this show on Sat. 10PM slot and it had a good amount of viewers (don’t know about demo, just total…yes I know demo is key).

13. Bill says:

what a terrible time slot. stupid press release of course ridding build viewers….. it was on a Saturday

14. quite disappointing really. it’s/was one of my favourite new 2012 shows. it was nice take on music, sex and comedy.

15. emily says:

This really sucks, I surprisingly enough loved this show. It was so funny! I even got my parents into this show too!

16. alyssa says:

Major suckage! This show was awesome, the perfect balance of humor, edginess, yet still heartwarming.
    Grrrrr. I was so excited to see what plays out between Tommy & Rachel in season 2 now that she broke up with her fiancee.

Balls.

17. Tracey says:

Not cool at all! I loved this show from the actors/actresses to the story lines. TBS really should have put it on another day along with other comedies then maybe it would have gotten the ratings they wanted. Totally bummed this got cancelled!

18. Sarahii says:

Awful time slot. An possibly would have been better suited as a half hour show.

19. DreamRose311 says:

Well maybe they shouldn’t have been airing it on Saturdays! And they hardly promoted it at all, I only knew about the show through this site. I expected to watch one episode and drop it, but found it to be one of my favorites of the new shows (not that there’s a very high bar there). Oh well. At least it was enjoyable while it lasted.

20. tp says:

NOOOOOOO!!!! I was really looking forward to seeing Tommy and Rachel do the the will they won’t dance. NOOOOOO. This just ruined my day.

21. GeoDiva says:

I really liked this show. It was funny and the music was decent. Bummer!

22. Kim says:

They really should have paired this show with Cougar Town. Similar sensibilities. It never had a chance where it was.

23. Giruy says:

Noooooooooooooooooooo! I’m so disappointed: i admint that the show was not perfect, but it was still one of the bests. great chemistry, cool music, funny stories. Much worse series got their renewal 7 times!

24. Ray says:

Soooooo bummed. I really like the show

25. Babybop says:

Darn! I really liked this show. It was Party Down lite.

26. LynnH says:

Thanks a lot, TBS. You put a fun new show with a great cast on Saturdays at 10pm, you don’t promote it, miraculously it gets decent viewership, and then you cancel it. Don’t think I’ll be watching any more of your shows. Let’s hope that Brian, Harold, etc. move on to time slots more deserving of their talent. I’ll miss this one!

• Tina says:

Shame on TBS! I’m sure they don’t care about losing a few more fans. Boo. You suck! The first feel good show in a long time. Did I mention that TBS sucks?

27. Christi says:

Totally agree with the other comments. Really good show, not much promotion and bad time slot. Bad move TBS. I’m happy you picked up Cougar Town but bummer on this decision…

28. Rain says:

This just ruined my day. I don’t understand how they put a show on Saturday night at 10 with ZERO promotion and then expect it to have a huge turn out. Wedding Band was such a great show, it deserved a lot better!

29. Gary says:

I blame the WORST EVER time slot…hopefully someone else will pick it up. VERY FUNNY show.

30. Michelle Hausbach says:

I really enjoyed this show. Disappointed it won’t be back.

31. Metallicangel1 says:

Another good show gone. I guess after getting that nerds show, didn’t leave money for them. Plus the cougar town got more PR than them. Sucks big time. Hopefully some other network like comedy centeral can pick them up.

32. That stinks! Loved this show and was excited for a new season.

33. CJ says:

I enjoyed this show so much. The cast had great chemistry and was just so light-hearted and fun. The music was great, too. Sad to see it go :(

34. Jenn says:

Oh come on I can’t take this!!! 1st Leverage, then Drop Dead Diva now this??? When I 1st heard of the show I didn’t want to like it but finally curiosity got the best of me and I watched it. I got hooked very quickly.. Its getting to the point I don’t want to invest in any TV show!! Why bother, it gets canceled!… Well wasn’t this just the icing on the top of my crappy day!

• Babybop says:

I forgot about Drop Dead Diva. *sniff* It’s a TV bloodbath this year…

• Linda says:

It is a TV bloodbath….Drop Dead Diva, Alphas, Wedding Band, plus Private Practice & Fringe ended their runs as well. There’s not much left to watch. Think I’ll take up reading!

35. Lori says:

Man, I did like this show. sucks

36. theeviltwin says:

What a shame! I love this show. Too bad TBS did zip to promote it.

37. Unfortunate says:

Too bad. The show had snappy dialog and a likeable cast. I’ll miss it.

38. Tom G says:

Everyone I talk to about this show has never heard of it. TBS should give it a fighting chance in a better slot. The beloved 18-49 demographic is out on Saturday nights. I tape it to watch later. Will miss it.

39. Lacy says:

Boo to TBS! We really enjoyed this show for all the reasons everyone has stated. Do you think the big guys at TBS will read all these comments and realize what a terrible mistake it is to cancel the show? No? Well, it was worth a shot.

40. Emily says:

This show was promoted so much in Canada on much more music. Sounds like tbs didn’t do to much though

41. That sucks. Good show. Needed a better timeslot.

42. Ali says:

That stinks. I didn’t start watching until the 3rd or 4th episode. But I caught up and thought the plot was hilarious. Saturday timeslots are as bad as Friday timeslots.

43. Lauren says:

I haven’t seen it but I feel bad for those guys because honestly, what kind of numbers did TBS expect to get on a Saturday? I’m curious why they didn’t put it in the same timeslot that they had Sullivan & Son since it isn’t airing right now.

44. Steven says:

I’m with the majority of the people here: putting this show on a Saturday night was a terrible idea. What in the world did the network expect? The show itself was incredibly funny, and I was really looking forward to the second season. Terrible decisions all around.

45. Rachel says:

They keep Men at Work and cancel Wedding Band what the hell. Thought the show was really good compared to some really new terrible shows coming out. Still don’t know why they put it on a 10:00 Sat time slot. It was also horribly advertised. They had some terrific guest stars and really good music covers…….ugh. First Alphas now this.

46. Tee says:

I have never watched it, but at least it seemed more interesting than that new nerd gameshow that they seem to air promos for every 5 seconds.

47. Nichole says:

guess the neck brace/midget/eye patch combo didn’t break the curse after all!! really sucks that this has been cancelled, great show, bad time slot :(

48. Molly says:

I am so sad! I wish another network would pick it up. It was so funny! It was like the show My Boys. Another good one that ended way too early.

49. suzi says:

I was surprised at how much i enjoyed this show., sorry to see it go.

50. John says:

That sucks I was surprised by how much I liked this show.