Scoop: CSI: NY Star Heads Under the Dome

Get More: Casting News, Pilots, Scoop

natalie martinez under the domeNatalie Martinez is keeping alive her streak of playing TV law-enforcers.

The actress, currently recurring on CSI: NY as Det. Jamie Lovato, has been cast in CBS’ upcoming Under the Dome as Linda, a young, ambitious deputy who is fiercely loyal to Sheriff Duke Perkins, the man who runs a tight ship in the town of Chester’s Mill.

The 13-episode Under the Dome is based on Stephen King’s 2009 novel of the same name, in which a community finds itself trapped beneath a massive, transparent barrier. The situation soon turns to chaos.

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Martinez previously played Det. Ariana Sanchez on Detriot 1-8-7, and had big-screen roles in End of Watch and Death Race.

In related news, Alex Koch has been cast as Junior Rennie, son of the local politician and car dealer; Junior is described as “a smart, secretly deeply disturbed college freshman who’s desperately in love with local waitress Angie,” who wants out of Chester’s Mill.

Under the Dome is produced by Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment and will premiere Monday, June 24, at 10/9c.

Comments (14)

• Good, I don’t like her on NY. Hope it means she’s leaving there and finds a better fit.

Comment by Pickle8182 – January 22, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Isn’t Under the Dome a special miniseries? The article makes it sound like she’s filming that while on summer hiatus from CSI.

Comment by Meg – January 22, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s what I’d like to know. Is it like The Stand, a limited run thing, or is there potential to sustain it as a regular series?

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 22, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hope so.Gives me hope for CBS greatest survivor <3 CSI:NY <3

Comment by Barbie Furtado – January 22, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes and no. It is a (hopefully) ongoing series, but does not overlap with CSI: NY at all.

Comment by nick1372 – January 22, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate her voice. Not sure if I’ll like the new show.

Comment by c0rinne – January 22, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why because you “hate her voice”? ::sigh::

Comment by Tania – January 22, 2013 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No. Those are two separate things. Premise of the show doesn’t sound great.

*sigh*

Comment by c0rinne – January 22, 2013 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • In all fairness, a show would be impossible to watch if you hate (one of) the leads voice. It would make me change the channel.

Comment by tp – January 23, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they are already fracking it up by changing it to much from the book. ugh. at this point i dont want a movie or tv show based on the dark tower books i shudder to think how much they would frack that up.

Comment by ollie – January 22, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SHe is just horrible on this show. I don’t mind the character, but her voice annoys me, and her acting is….questionable.

Comment by intelliwoman – January 23, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Detroit 1-8-7. It wasn’t given a fair shake.

Comment by tp – January 23, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this show is great. I loved the book although the ending was not my favorite (but sometimes I think Stephen King has trouble ending his books)

Comment by kates2424 – January 23, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I hope she stays on CSI NY. I like her and her and Flack have chemistry.

Comment by Petra – January 28, 2013 11:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post