B—-, Please: Apartment 23 Pulled from Schedule; 'We've Basically Been Cancelled,' Says the Beek

The B---- in Apt 23 Cancelled ABCThat B—- in Apartment 23 (as well as her gal pal June) will be homeless for the forseeable future, now that ABC has quietly pulled the sophomore comedy from its schedule.

To fill the void, ABC will air back-to-back fresh episodes of Happy Endings during Tuesday’s 9 o’clock hour, starting Jan. 29. (The sitcombo is postponed tonight by the two-hour premiere of something called The Taste.)

UPDATE: In a tweet shared on Tuesday afternoon, Apartment 23 neighbor James Van Der Beek said:

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Coming Back? What’s on the Bubble?

With Dancing With the Stars due back in late March, Happy Endings has episodes to spare. As previously reported, the plan was to show them the light of day Sundays at 10, but ABC backed off of that plan after two weeks of meh ratings.

RELATEDHappy Endings Exclusive: See Who’s Playing Penny’s Dad

In its most recent Tuesday outing, Don’t Trust the B— in Apartment 23‘s 11th Season 2 episode failed to draw 3 million viewers while mustering just a 1.1 demo rating (leading out of Happy Endings’ 3.1 mil/1.3).

Comments (139)

• Say it ain’t so. I doubted the B when I first saw previews. But when I watched the first episode it was so much more than I thought it would be. The B is a wonderful show. I can hopethat another network will pick it up.

Comment by keylimepie78 – January 22, 2013 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on cable, pick this show up!

Comment by Shoof – January 22, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why is it that every time a TV show gets cancelled, people hope that a cable network picks it up? That’s kind of rare, especially with the ratings The B has been getting. Cougar Town was the exception, not the rule.

That being said, if Happy Endings was to get cancelled, I sure do hope it would be picked up by a cable network.

Comment by Eric – January 22, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whatever happens, ABC better NOT cancel Happy Endings!! I like Apt 23, but HE is just one of the best and funniest shows on TV. I get so frustrated with the world sometimes. Like, really America? Why aren’t you watching the awesomeness that is Happy Endings??

Comment by rachelle – January 22, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because several of the characters grate on my nerves… I tried and gave up.

Comment by RUCookie – January 23, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this makes me sad I love Happy Endings and the B in Apt 23 but honestly the cheesy quality and at times dramatic overacting of Happy Endings is not superior to the well cast truly funny ensemble of B in Apt 23

Comment by Taryn – January 22, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw this coming from a mile away. But it’s still kind of sad. I just hope that Happy Endings will at last at least one more season. Preferably more.

Comment by Eric – January 22, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sure; when you take a winning formula that everyone (including me) was crazy about and wrench it sideways, making it a different show, that’s what happens. This is 100% on the show staff.

Comment by Cheo – January 22, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • there is a page on facebook please save the b in apt 23 maybe it will help if we like the page

Comment by joe – January 22, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is absolute crap!! Apartment 23 is one of the funniest shows out there right now!

Comment by Tina – January 22, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AAAGGGH this sucks. It’s a fun show. They could at least air the remaining episodes.

Comment by tara17 – January 22, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well hopefully ABC airs the unaired eps in some kind of summer burn off. Zero chance for a third season tho. :(

Comment by Asyateresea – January 22, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooo. Happy endings is awful,and they already axed 666. Wtf. abc is the new fox.

Comment by lorna – January 22, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like Sean Astin has some pretty powerful friends.

Comment by Kermit – January 22, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish I were surprised. Dig everybody in the cast, especially Krysten Ritter, but I just couldn’t get into the show. Hopefully the cast will end up on something a little better.

Comment by Ned – January 22, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sadly the only person that doesn’t know it’s cancelled is ABC, since they want to give people false hope.

Comment by Mike – January 22, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not surprised. Apt 23 has a good premise but sometimes its just beyond ridiculous. Dreama Walker is not very funny so is the Beek from the Creek. Not funny in the slightest.

Comment by shuayb – January 22, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if it’s not a shonda rhimes show, it’s basically in danger on ABC. I miss GCB and have been pretty bitter about it for nearly a year now. that show was hilarious.

Comment by kate – January 22, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Son. Of. A. B.

Comment by Melissa – January 22, 2013 11:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is very clever and funny. I really wish that ABC would find a better time slot for it. Krysten Ritter is very good in the role and love James Van Der Beek.

Comment by Sal F – January 23, 2013 04:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC is really pushing Happy Endings. They cancelled 666 Park Avenue and said they were going to air the remaining episodes but then pulled it from it’s Sunday night schedule to replace it with repeats of Happy Endings and some other comedy show. Now they’re filling the void again with more Happy Endings!!!

Comment by Linda – January 23, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s really a pitty to have it cancelled. The cast is amazing. Van Der Beek was perfect in his “cameo” role. Ritter is a fantastic comedienne. Characters like Eli, Mark and Luther were the perfect complement. Khan’s writing has perfect timing.

Comment by Laetitia – January 23, 2013 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Facebook page please save the b in apt 23 maybe it will help

Comment by Joe – January 23, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so sad. These two shows are both great! They made Tuesday nights so much better. I’m not a DWTS fan but couldn’t ABC find another spot for them (besides Sunday nights)?

Comment by Meghan Rosso – January 23, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I say make Wednesday on ABC 3 solid hours of comedy…move The B and Happy Endings there and switch Nashville to Sunday’s with the other dramas! Geez, do they need us to do the network scheduling for them??? Obviously they aren’t any good at it :) SAVE THE B and HAPPY ENDINGS – is there a petition going or anything? Can we bombard ABC Execs with mailing them little drink umbrella’s, pics of James, Dreama, and Kristen as bobble heads or something??

Comment by Candace – January 23, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shocked and beyond words….why ABC, why????????????????????? You have screwed me for the last time “Pennypacker”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Coop – January 23, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go join Cougar Town on TBS!

Comment by Amy – January 23, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. Good idea. Hopefully some other network will be smart and pick them up.

Comment by Lauren Wilson – February 13, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want to know if June and Mark end up together and to watch James and duche JVB

Comment by Paula – January 25, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bought the first season with only 7 episodes! Stupid me… Apt 23 is too good and I think a move to a better TV channel would do it good… look at the comedy happening on TVLand with Hot in Cleveland & Happily Divorced… we need to pull together and do a “Roswell” where they sent the station bottles of Tabasco sauce… the aliens loved it;-) and it WORKED for one more season. Let me know if a campaign is haopening … be glad to get my group together. Cheers… Tony(NYC)

Comment by TonyC – January 27, 2013 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If FOX was smart they pair up NEW GIRL with saving Bitch in apt 23 right after, great 1,2 punch of guilty pleasures. amiright? @gotschneider

Comment by gotschneider – January 27, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think its crazy that the b is cancelled its unique so i guess it doenst fit the abc sweet and boring cake mold blah i think cw should pick it up

Comment by carly – January 27, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe abc cancel my show b apartment 23
    Such a h??????
    They should of kept those two shows on wed. Night
    Pleas cancel those other stupid show s

Nashville please
    shark tank please they suck
    ABC should not cancel good shows they don’t know what they’re missing TBS I hope they pick up the show
    If everybody right to tv s maybe they’ll take over the apartment B and happy endings next have the line up with Cougar Town
    Is this was on CBS you know the l darn well it would’ve made it

Comment by rose – January 28, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A b c sucks

Comment by rose – January 28, 2013 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Happy Endings is safe, I’m ok. I wish they’d move it back to Wednesdays and get rid of The Neighbors.

Comment by Mikael – January 28, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww, this sure is a shame. I really enjoyed Apt 23 and I still really enjoy Happy Endings. Creative writing combined with good acting doesn’t seem to cut it anymore. It’s still all about reality shows. If I have to hear another thing about another cooking show or be forced to get excited about what d list celebrity is going to embarrass themselves (or get hurt. how sad…) by dancing on live tv, I might as well just sell my tv!

Comment by Andrea – January 29, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And just to be clear, they are NOT showing the ending to Apt 23?? So, we dont get to see if June and Mark get together?

Comment by Andrea – January 29, 2013 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So pissed :-(

Comment by Lindsay – January 29, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It seems to be like this with all well written witty shows. The same thing happened to Arrested Development. People just don’t understand smart humor. The B is a witty funny show. To bad ABC won’t give it a chance. Think back to the early episode of Seinfeld and Friends. If they aired today, they would have been cancelled after a few episodes. It’s a shame. Now we are stuck with reality t.v and watching d list celebrities dance around.

Comment by Lisa – February 7, 2013 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooooooooooooooo. I like Apartment 23 and Happy Endings. They are not the greatest of shows but they make me laugh. I’d like them both to stay.

Comment by Lauren Wilson – February 13, 2013 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they should should at least throw the remaining 8 episodes online for those who want to see them. What a waste! ABC.com and Hulu.com

Comment by Nadine Saez – February 25, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why why i love the show it funny and great. remind me the first time i move to nyc. i been ny for three year. i hope this show come back in future.. or soon.. i want more season

Comment by Daisy – October 12, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just recently watched the B in 23 on netflix just out of curiosity but expecting not to care for more than one episode, the name led me to think it would be just another bad ABC show. I LOVED IT. I was quickly addicted and went through both seasons in a very short period of time :P ABC should reaaally consider bringing it back. Great show and only one that got me watching ABC again.

Comment by Lily – October 26, 2013 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post