TVLine Items: OLTL Transplants Leaving GH? Plus: Secret Life Premiere Date and More!

One Life to Live Revival SpoilersOne Life to Live‘s recent revival may soon mean the end of Roger Howarth, Michael Easton and Kristen Alderson‘s respective runs on General Hospital — at least temporarily.

As first reported by Daytime Confidential, the aforementioned actors — who permanently relocated to ABC’s sole surviving soap after the cancellation of One Life — will likely have to vacate their current home in order to help launch The Online Network’s incarnation.

“Prospect Park realizes these three characters could initially help draw fans to the new One Life,” a source reveals to the site. That said, it’s possible that the trio could ultimately end up back on GH, as Prospect Park is said to “want to go much younger with their soaps.”

As previously reported, Prospect Park has first right of refusal on any OLTL characters now being used on GH. In response to the casting shakeup report, an ABC spokesperson tells TVLine: “There are ongoing collaborative conversations. We have various strategies in place depending on the outcome of these talks and of Prospect Park’s plans.”

RELATED | OLTL Faves in Talks for Relaunch

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• The final season of The Secret Life of the American Teenager will bow Monday, March 18 at 8/7c on ABC Family.

Suits‘ winter premiere nabbed 3.6 million viewers on Thursday evening, adding a few viewers and rising 11 percent in the 18-49 demo from last summer’s Season 2 launch.

RELATED | Suits Boss Previews the Firm’s Civil War Fallout, Louis’ Rough ‘Comeuppance’ and More

• Grammy-winning recording artist Alicia Keys will perform the National Anthem at Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans, airing Feb. 3 on CBS.

• Nickelodeon has given a 20-episode order to The Haunted Hathaways, Deadline reports, a comedy best described as a supernatural Brady Bunch, of sorts.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (28)

• Just love Alicia Keyes! What a voice she has!!

Comment by Kathy H – January 19, 2013 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If the actors, themselves, end up going over to OLTL you can bet it won’t be for long considering it is extremely doubtful that any of them want to leave GH. I could even see them doing both for a couple of months until they are written out and put in the witness protection program or something else to that effect.

Comment by mendie m. (@geekgrrl33) – January 19, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The actors still have contracts with ABC. Also, two of the three actors (Todd and Starr) refused to sign with Prospect Park in the first place choosing instead to relocate to California even before signing with GH so I doubt they will want to relocate now. The Actors might go to OLTL for the launch as a favor, but they will return to GH. “Todd” could discover that his memories were implanted and that he is actually someone else. “John” could have been kidnapped and replaced with look alike Caleb Morley. The characters would return to OLTL but the actors would stay on GH as new characters. There are ways around it. PP may own tgw characters but they can’t force the actors to sign onto a project they don’t want to be a part of. I think PP better beware. There are many longtime viewers of both shows who will be turned off if PP tries to relaunch OLTL by forsaking GH. GH kept Llanview alive and is one reason PP is relaunching OLTL in the first place.

Comment by Ella – January 19, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First of all, regarding this OLTL/GH mess, I hope the actors don’t end up getting screwed, as it seems like they are caught in the middle. I want OLTL to succeed, and I want GH to keep their ratings up, so I hope it all works out for the best. Secondly, this rumor that Prospect Park wants to go “much younger with the soaps” better be a nasty joke. This quest to chase a younger audience, WITH YOUNGER CAST MEMBERS, is what has been destroying so many soaps. Prospect Park is really dumb if they think the audience will go along with getting rid of the vets for a younger cast. Heck, I’m 23 years old, and I don’t want to see a younger cast. OLTL, in these last few years, has done a wonderful job of making use of most of the cast. Granted, it would have been nice to have Victoria Lord at the forefront more often, but at least she was on the show.

Lastly, I truly hope they are finding a TV network to air these soaps on. It’s becoming clear that PP is indeed trying to grasp at a younger audience, but please don’t forget about the more mature audience, and don’t forget that there are members of the young audience who still won’t be able to watch online.

Comment by Sheri – January 19, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Precisely. I second everything you’ve said. I’m 21, and I don’t want a “younger cast”.
      Plus, look at the success of GH right now– it’s because of the vets that are returning, not because of the “younger cast.”

Also, rumor is they will air on cable. I hope THIS rumor is true! I can’t imagine that they wouldn’t air them on TV too.

Comment by M.W. – January 19, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 10 years old can watch the show online, they won’t but they could. Older people will have greater issues with no internet and not sure where to go to fin them.

Comment by Midori004 – January 19, 2013 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m 57 years old and all of my peers are quite comfortable with the internet and computers in general as I’ve used them for years both for work and pleasure. I think most viewers will be quite comfortable following the soaps to the internet. For those without skills, I’m sure they will enlist the help of others in order to see their beloved soaps once again!!

Comment by Lynn DeRosa – January 19, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What most soap fans on the internet fail to understand is there are MANY issues that won’t allow at least half of the soap audience to view online. For one thing, access is an issue. Not everyone has internet access, or high speed access (which is required in order to watch videos online). Secondly, the fact remains that most of the elderly won’t be able to watch online- whether it be lack of skills, not owning a computer, and such. Fact.

Comment by Sheri – January 19, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree it’s a fallacy that older people don’t know how to use computers. My 80-year old grandfather knows how to use a computer better than I do. Going after a younger audience just makes me think they want to turn OLTL into some teen drama you would see on the CW. I’m pretty sure at this point I’m not going back to that soap.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 19, 2013 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Agree. Many years ago the statement that ‘older’ people didn’t know how to use a computer might have been true. Not so much today. My grandmothers and aunts are in their 80′s and 60′s respectively and get online daily and navigate along quite well. As mentioned above the main thing is going to be those with high speed internet. My grandparents are in an area where dial up is there only option. Watching videos is pretty much out of the question unless you want to start downloading one in the morning and come back hours later.

Comment by Kristoffer – January 20, 2013 01:04 AM PDT
    • many people don;t want to watch anything on-line. give us the TV! who wants to sit in front of a computer to watch anything!

Comment by j. a. schultz – January 20, 2013 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? I watch most things on line. It gives me the flexibility to watvh what I want when I want

Comment by Sharon – January 20, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • True. Another thing to consider is how much of the soap audience is actually active online. It’s not the majority of the soap audience! Also think about this: the people replying to all these articles on AMC & OLTL returning online are actually split on not being able to watch online and being able to watch online. This speaks volumes considering it’s a small percentage of soap fans that are active online. It’s doubtful that the soap fans who don’t go online much even know about the impending returns of AMC & OLTL.

I think it’s a shame how some soap fans are not only forgetting about, but attacking those who say they won’t be able to watch online. The idea that OLTL & AMC should not or cannot be on TV is ridiculous. Look at the ratings of all the other soaps. Look at GH’s ratings. OLTL & AMC should be on TV for all to watch!

Comment by Sheri – January 20, 2013 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sucks what they are doing to those three actors/characters. Obviously some agreement had to be in place for them to appear on GH at all. And now to do this? Sucks. Perhaps enough to turn people off the online version.

Comment by Renee – January 19, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No I want Todd to stay on GH. how are they going to explain the 3 of them leaving. They are not backburner characters. I also thought originally when they thought that the shows would go online Kristen Alderson(Starr) and Roger Howarth (Todd) opted not to sign on to continue on with the online show. maybe since prospect park owns the characters they can’t be on another show.

Comment by Nicole – January 19, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the characters will only be on OLTL for maybe a month or so.Just long enough to resolve some stories and start others.They could also leave door open for them to return to OLTL down the road.Prospect Park owns the characters but the actors are tied to ABC.So in the end i see a agreement being made that benefits everyone.in the end.

Comment by andrew hass – January 19, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The characters belong on OLTL. If the actors don’t want to go, that’s up to them. I, for one, am sick at how RC writes Todd. He’s made a legendary character a weak, whiny, pathetic shell of himself.

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – January 19, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Take Starr and John but KEEP TODD! Love him and Carly!

Comment by dude – January 19, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I AGREE!! TAKE McBain!!!

Comment by chica7540800 – February 2, 2013 02:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To be honest, I wouldn’t really care if PP took Michael Easton back, because John doesn’t add a whole bunch to the show. I like Lucky better as Dante’s partner. Have John return to Llanview and fix things with Natalie. Also, the rumor is that Kin Shriner’s return might be, in part, to help facilitate the arrival of his daughter, Serena. If that’s the case, then GH doesn’t really need Starr either, and Serena could be Michael’s new love interest. But GH needs to keep Todd! He is hilarious! Roger Howarth adds SOOO MUCH to the show!

Comment by Jimmy – January 19, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA John didn’t bring much to GH. I’m GLAd he is going back!!

Comment by chica7540800 – February 2, 2013 02:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Color Me HAPPY!! They ALL need to leave GH. Initially I was open to them appearing on GH, but when the headwriter RUINED the OLTL characters, as well as the endings we got on the network ending of OLTL, well I prayed that Prospect Park would STEP IN AND SAVE THE DAY and THEY HAVE!! Woo Hoo! May Cartini NEVER EVER EVER TOUCH ANOTHER OLTL CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Cheryl (@CK4Jolie) – January 19, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If I had a drink, I’d raise it to this comment. They’re ruining Todd. They’ve scrubbed off his layers and left nothing but this weak, whimpering boob.

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – January 19, 2013 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Aren’t both OLTL’s executive producer and head writer at the helm at GH now? I don’t see a difference in their characters at all.

Comment by Just Askin – January 19, 2013 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL I’m HAPPY McBain is going back!! Real HAPPY!!

Comment by chica7540800 – February 2, 2013 02:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Starr: Let her stay on GH until her storyline with Michael comes to an end when it is revealed that Cole and Hope are still alive.

Todd: He belongs on One Life to Live. Blair and Viki are a key part of his values system and he needs to be near them.

John: The second he appeared on One Life to Live, the show became all about him and it was not for the better. He became the Sonny Corinthos of OLTL. So keep him on GH so we don’t have to see him on OLTL.

Comment by Michael G. – January 20, 2013 03:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Prospect park wants to go with a younger cast than I really don’t get their casting so far. I guess all the vets they are hiring would be just to wrap up story lines and introduce the next generation. Either way I don’t think it seems very cool the way things are being handled. If Prospect Park can afford lawyers to argue over these 3 characters why can’t they afford a PR team. The cast has all had to make announcements themselves via twitter and facebook.

As for the 3 characters in question, to me they are gh characters now. It would be jarring for viewers to have the characters yanked around. This all just seems terribly hack. Hoping things aren’t as messy as they seem because it really would be great for the genre if these shows can be revived.

Comment by saveorsuds – January 20, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if we watch on line what are the chances of picking up virus that could stop us from watching anything. that is my main concern

Comment by rhonda – January 24, 2013 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post