Ratings: Fringe Finale Even With Last Year's, CBS' Boss and Blue Bloods Hit Season-High Crowds

Get More: Finales, News, Ratings

fringe finale blogFox’s Fringe wrapped its run with a two-hour average of 3.21 million total viewers and a 1.0 rating, up 3 percent in viewers and even in the demo with the show ‘s Season 4 finale.

Versus last week, Fringe rose 31 and 25 percent, while delivering its largest audience in almost a year.

RELATED | Poll: The Fringe Series Finale — What Grade Do You Give It?

CBS’ Undercover Boss (9.5 mil/1.9) led the night in the demo, scoring its largest audience of the season and matching a season high in the demo. Blue Bloods (11.5 mil/1.5) drew Friday’s largest audience — with a season high — while matching its best demo of the season. CSI: NY was steady at 10.6 mil/1.6).

Elsewhere:

* ABC’s Last Man Standing (6.7 mil/1.3) and Malibu Country (5.8 mil/1.1) dropped 13 and 21 percent in the demo, respectively.

* Nikita returned to 1.28 mil and a 0.4, adding a few viewers while steady in the demo.

Comments (21)

• My hope is that from next week, without Fringe, Nikita’s ratings will rise!! :D
    (but i won’t hold my breath!)

Comment by AlbTrex – January 19, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In the longer run, it should help Grimm.

Comment by Alienate – January 19, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • we can only hope that will happen and the cw will finally realise that scheduling it against other genre stuff was killing it

Comment by Alan – January 19, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what does demo mean?

Comment by Kresh – January 19, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • age 18 to 49 that watch the show that was what the .4 # is.

Comment by ollie – January 19, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Demographic – 18 to 49 year old demographic. The bees knees. The cats meow.

Comment by c0rinne – January 19, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please CBS Keep Undercover Boss and CSI NY on. They are winning their time slots as well as the coveted demo. You would be foolish to give up on these 2 since they deliver on a poor viewing night.

Comment by paul – January 19, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This ratings system needs to go away and something else needs to put in its place. We just lost a GREAT show because of an outdated system. Either that or move everyone with an attention span of a donkey down to Guantanamo Bay.

Comment by luke – January 19, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WHY does someone say this EVERY DAY on the Ratings report? We get it people, we do.

Comment by bryceradick – January 19, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey your great show had 5 seasons and a proper series finale. If i were you i wouldn’t complain.

Comment by Russ – January 19, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened with OWN and the Lance Armstrong interviews Thursday and Friday nights? Part 2 was on at 7:00P for an hour and CSI NY & Blue Bloods followed at their normal times so I didn’t have to DVR and watch later. I’m guessing that the Lance Armstrong interviews were the “shot in the arm” needed by OWN, however!!

Comment by Georgia – January 19, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita was so good! I hope the ratings pick up. I’m expecting high drama with my spy games, after what Nikita did to save Michael last night.

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – January 19, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blue Bloods better get their act together. It’s not just the fact Danny lost Jackie as a partner, apparently the new blonde partner is leaving as well. Liked Erin’s husband being back. And for the love of God give Frank a love interest.

Comment by forwarddad – January 19, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m thinking Danny’s temp blonde exited as it was decided that J Espo is for sure not coming back, which signals they’re actually going to cast the part now for the long term. ie: someone interesting. PLEASE.

Comment by Donna Kauffman – January 19, 2013 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked Jennifer Espisito, too bad they couldn’t work around her disease and be more considerate of her. Her character was a good match for Donnie Walhberg’s character. ;)

Comment by robinepowell – January 19, 2013 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The number of viewers mean nothing to networks, it’s all about the demos. Hey you don’t believe me, just ask the cast of Harry’s Law.

Comment by Yesterday's Child – January 19, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Still, season highs are season highs, and I report P2+ (total viewers) as well as demo as a way to illustrate gains/decreases in overall popularity.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 19, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How do they come up with these ratings?? I’ve been wondering that for years. I watch so many of my shows on my DVR. I loved Fringe. Not happy with the ending. Just the same way I felt about Veronica Mars. But how do they know I’m watching a show?? Better yet how do they know how many ppl I’m watching it with??

Comment by Louis – January 20, 2013 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They have something called a nielsen box for the houses they are sampling from. Sounds like you don’t have one if you’re not aware of it, but the percentage of people who actually have one is pretty small compared with the rest of the population. Those without the box can’t really add to the figures.

Comment by john – January 20, 2013 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really angry at the producers of Fringe for turning an exciting sci fi show into a boring sobfest. The show that was on for the last couple of seasons was not the show that I loved in the beginning. The pace was slow, the plot needlesly convoluted (and look at what it all ended up to be, much ado for nothing) and I really could not stand any more close ups of John Noble’s crying face by the end of the series. I kept watching because I invested so much time, always hoping it would mean something at the end but it turned out to be such a big letdown. I will think twice before commiting into another Bad Robot venture, they did exactly the same thing with Lost. Sorry, the Emperor has no clothes on!

Comment by aquarius1271 – January 21, 2013 01:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WE NEED JACKIE TO STAY ON BLUE BLOODS, OR YOUR RATINGS WILL GO DOWN. I WAS SURPRISED TO HEAR MY SON SAY HE WAS EXCITED TO MEED THE GRANDFATHER, AND HE WAS SO NASTY!! YOUR TEAM NEEDS TO UP THEIR PERSONALITY TO THEIR FANS!!! SO, OKAY THE MAN IS OLD. WE STILL RESPECT YOUR SHOW, AND THE OLD MAN. TAKING JACKIE AWAY WAS A DEVASTAING MOVE. IT WILL REALLY TAKE YOUR RATINGS DOWN. I LOVE DANNY. IM SURE, THE WORLD DOES TOO!! LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY

Comment by LORRAINE PATA – January 26, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post