Exclusive

Modern Family Exclusive: Criminal Minds Vet Paget Brewster to Play [Spoiler]'s New Girlfriend

PagetBrewster_smileWhen Benjamin Bratt returns to Modern Family later this season as Manny’s biological father, he won’t be alone.

Ex-Criminal Minds leading lady Paget Brewster has been cast as Javier’s new girlfriend, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PHOTOS | Golden Globes 2013: Best and Worst Moments

Brewster’s character, Trish, possesses upper class sophistication and book smarts. (Cue the fireworks with Javier’s ex, Gloria in 3, 2, 1…)

This is Brewster’s second major TV stint since wrapping her six-year Criminal Minds run last year. In September, she guest-starred on Law & Order: SVU — which, like Modern Family, also airs opposite Criminal Minds — as the head of the District Attorney’s Office’s Public Integrity Unit.

1. Rachel says:

Thank you Paget Brewster, for making me excited about Modern Family again!

2. Beth says:

I like Paget in comedy roles, but it’ll interesting to see how her sense of humour meshes with the comedic tone of modern family.

Is it also a little weird that her choice in TV roles keep going up against criminal minds?

• King says:

No, Beth. It’s possible MF casting department offered her the job and of course she accepted it. It’s Modern Family! Same with SVU, where in fact she was offered the lawyer role and accepted it because she liked that she had many scenes with Mariska. The article was somehere in TV Line.

• handtalker says:

YES! Love her in comedic roles. Sooooo excited!!

3. Tiffany says:

Yes! I will always be happy to have her back on my TV! :D

4. Saint Alicia says:

Yay Paget :), can’t wait to see her in action. Never watched Modern Family before but I guess now I’ll see what the hype is about.
    Hope she’ll make an appearance on CM some time too…

5. Shmoo says:

Everything is right in the world again.

6. King says:

Hahaha! It’s gonna be hilarious when Gloria and Trish clash!

7. Great news!! I’ll watch every episode of Modern Family from now on!! I love Paget!

8. nick1372 says:

She must be, like, trying to get shows that air against Criminal Minds.

9. Ashley says:

Don’t watch this show, but I will tune in for every episode in which she appears.

10. Cass says:

I haven’t watched MF since the 2nd season, now I have a reason to. Paget + comedy = WIN

11. quang says:

She was great in Andy Richter Controls the Universe, so she’s already proven she can do comedy thus will be a good fit for MF.

• Dav says:

She also starred in a tv series called “The Trouble with Normal”. It only lasted one season but I thought it was pretty funny and she was really good in it. I think you can see some of the episodes on YouTube.

12. Linda says:

I haven’t watched a single episode of Modern Family. I will now! Can’t wait to see Paget back in comedy again.

13. Jack says:

This is GREAT news! She’s been off my TV for too long!!

14. Alan says:

criminal minds “fans” bitching about why she isnt still on criminal minds in a realtionship with hotch incoming in 3, 2, 1…
    but seriously good to see her back in comedy, i still remember her time on friends as some of the funniest stuff they ever pulled off

• Erin says:

I agree. I loved her character on Friends and still think she and Chandler should have ended up together. (sorry Monica fans)

• Jules says:

I would rather her on CM but not with Hotch. With Morgan! Paget and Shemar had waaaayyy more chemistry. But since that’s not happening, I will watch her on pretty much anything. The fact that she’s going to be on Modern Family just made my day!

15. Dav says:

With that deep, sexy voice and those beautiful eyes….I’d watch her in anything!

16. Ashley says:

Cool. I first became a fan of hers when I saw her on “Andy Richter Controls the Universe” and it’ll be great to see her doing comedy again.

17. Saint Alicia says:

Well if you insist… Hotch & Prentiss really should be together. And considering his sometime “girlfriend” is busy terrorizing the White House I don’t see why he can’t just upgrade and have a long distance relationship with Prentiss, y’know?

18. JJ26 says:

If you like Paget in comded you should really check out the Thrilling Adventure Hour podcast. (it’s free on iTunes). She is in a skit called Beyond Belief and it is flat our Hilarious!!

• JJ26 says:

Oops! That’s suppose to be “comedy” not comded. Not sure what my fingers were thinking

• Calanthe says:

I originally listened to The Thrilling Adventure Hour because Nathan Fillion is sometimes on it, but your right, Paget Brewster is very funny in those skits!

• feds says:

I love this podcast too! Their writing is just stellar, I wish we could have some of this quality on TV actually. I started listening to it because of Nathan as well, but they’re all hilarious. My favorites are Beyond Belief and Sparks Nevada.

19. Josh says:

I’d go anywhere for Sadie Doyle.

20. Lilly says:

Not really a fan of Modern Family but I will tune in to see Paget.

21. Calanthe says:

Yay, Paget Brewster on tv again! And it’s Modern Family, so double yay!

22. kendall says:

I loved her and love MF can’t wait to see Paget back in my tv again!!!!!

23. Jules says:

Love this! Maybe next she can guest on Criminal Minds? Just a thought. ;-)

24. Mark says:

Ew. I hate this actress. She’s horrible.

25. Jane says:

Sadie Doyle on Modern Family….now THAT would be awesome! Still, I’ll take Paget in what ever incarnation just as long as she’s back on TV.

26. Greg says:

Woo Hoo! I’m so excited that Paget is back in comedy even if it is just a guest spot!

27. Natalie says:

I can’t wait. just happy to see her on TV again.

28. greengirl82 says:

I’m just happy to have her gorgeous face back on tv.

29. Lola says:

Happy happy happy! I can’t wait. I love Paget.

And to the dude above who said they hate Paget Brewster, why the heck are you on HERE if you don’t like Paget?

30. Jess says:

Yay :) Love Paget! Not a huge Modern Family fan but will definitely be watching

31. kenya says:

Oh Good! I really like her and will look forward to seeing her in Modern Family! She was one of my favorites on CM – sorry to see her leave, I will definitely be watching!!!!!!!!!!

32. tempie says:

I feel so much better knowing where paget ends up in the world….CM is Not the same without her and never will be. But ya know what? I want so much to see her succeed and have the chance to cheer her on in a great comedy, which she wants to tackle! God Speed from a HUGE fan!