TVLine Items: OLTL Faves in Talks for Relaunch, Veep Season 2 Teaser, Beast's New Foe and More!

One Life to Live Revival SpoilersWhat would One Life to Live be without Viki Lord? Awful, no doubt — and thankfully, it seems we won’t have to find out!

Daytime Emmy winner Erika Slezak is thisclose to joining Prospect Park’s revival of the soap — and she’s not alone.

RELATED | All My Children, One Life to Live Start Production in February, for Online Relaunch

As first reported by Showbiz411, veteran One Lifers Bob Woods and Jerry verDorn have also reached deals to reprise their roles as beloved Llanview brothers Bo and Clint Buchanan, respectively. The trio joins previously announced returning player Robin Strasser (Dorian).

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Behind every president is a vice president, and on Veep, said counterpart is Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ slightly incompetent Selina Meyer. Press PLAY below for a quick look the HBO comedy’s sophomore run, bowing in April.

• Edi Gathegi (House, Twilight) has booked a recurring role on Beauty and the Beast, EW.com reports. He’ll play an in-demand agent for a top-secret organization.

RELATED | Exclusive Beauty and the Beast First Look: Vincent + Bridget Regan = Jealous Kristin Kreuk!

• Lifetime is not moving forward with its Kim Raver-starring drama pilot The Secret Lives of Wives. The project centered on the marriages of four women.

• TNT has given a pilot order to Murder in the First, a police drama from Steven Bochco (NYPD Blue) and Eric Lodal (Laredo).

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (18)

• Neat. I actually like the Muirfield element on Beauty and the Beast so it will be interesting to see how that impacts Vincent and Catherine again…

Comment by Sharie – January 17, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for the upcoming episodes of Beauty and the Beast. Talk about a show getting better as the episodes play out..this is by far one of my favorite new series this Fall.

Comment by Jared – January 17, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for VEEP to be back. Funniest show on tv right now.

Comment by jasie – January 17, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe Prospect Park is forcing Todd, Star and McBain off GH! PP had their chance and couldn’t get their act together and now they are going to screw up GH’s ratings/storylines for their little web revival? No way will I be watching One Life to Life after this stunt! Prospect Park is unethical, selfish unfair – it’s horrible they way they are disrupting GH and the lives of the actors! Whether Vicki comes back or not I will not be watching!!!

Comment by Kat – January 17, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WO ! So far it’s a rumor and all articles I have read so far mention that PP and ABC are trying to find a solution. The way GH is written now, the trio can be off canvas and either pre-tape a few scenes or another story can take center stage for awhile (Anna and co. was not seen for over a week but the story continued anyway). Let’s not kid ourselves. The future of soaps is ONLINE. If we drop it now… soaps will be gone and soon !

Comment by J – January 17, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Daytime Confidential reported it today. If true, it didn’t mean the actors will join the new OLTL. Roger Haywarth and Kristen Alderson refused to sign on the first time around & chose to move to California. What makes people think they’ll want to sign on now? The characters may be recalled but the actors can stay on as other roles. “Todd” discovers the memories were implanted and he’s someone else. “John” was switched with Caleb. Allows the actors to stay on and the characters to go back to PP & OLTL. PP says they want to go younger anyway so the older actors will not have much of a future with the show.

Comment by Olivia – January 17, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WHY??? I HATE! what G.H. has done to our beloved characters from OLTL! I know that John has a “save the woman, hero type” kind of complex but my GOD! Sam & Jason were a forever couple in search for their missing son/baby, now why in the heck did he get involved with Sam? He finally had Natalie & his own son & they were finally together, I want to see their “happy ending” not a replay of P.C. & the vampire thing, SUCKS THE BIG ONE!!! And little Star finally got Cole, not the nu-Cole but the original & precious baby Hope, did G.H. respect this? NO! They had to kill off Cole & Hope so that Micheal could have Starr, NO I care not is G.H.’s ratings go thru the floor, they did a dirty deal on fans who want their soap ALIVE! OLTL had ratings that were WAY better than G.H. so why didn’t it get cancelled instead? Now the show really sucks, it’s a replay of the same old, same old, don’t you fans of that show realize that with time a show has to progress, not recycle the same old characters, you can’t live in the past forever, it will stagnate you & prevent growth. In my opinion Sean Kenan is so wasted as a returned from the dead A.J., he should have been cast as nu-Jason, the actors are cousins & look so similar that it could have worked, maybe not as well as Steve Burton, but eventually fans would have accepted him as Jason, now Steve Burton is going over to the Y & R , probably to be paired with Abby & I hope that it flops big time! You can condemn me for stating my opinion but that’s it & I’m sticking to it!

Comment by DIO – January 20, 2013 05:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will be an unmitigated disaster! Enough with All My Children and One Life to Live. There is not enough interest to make this viable to the extent that fans would expect. There are not enough fans to support this venture. There will not be enough ad dollars to properly fund this. As to the 4 remaining shows on the air, they have 2 years left if that much. Daytime soaps as we knew them are OVER!

Comment by ejknight – January 17, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am sorry but you are totally wrong. They is enough users just in US and Canada to sustain it. Being on an online platform opens the door to on the go programming of watching what I want when I want. That is why I love Netflix. Feel nostalgic, watch an old episode of Melrose Place. This is the future of television and we need to get onboard with this.

Comment by tvnewsplus – January 17, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And there’s also a secondary TV window where episodes can be aired after their online broadcast, most likely on cable.

Comment by Maria Flor de Luna – January 17, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kim Raver is horrible so smart move Lifetime.

Comment by Mark – January 17, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha, Julia’s hair in that Veep preview. I can’t wait for this show to come back. I wish it was still being paired with Girls.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 17, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beauty and the Beast is getting better and better, people dont forget to tune in January 24th…

Comment by Claudia – January 19, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait to watch Beauty and the Beast, after all of that constant waiting. Tomorrow is it, Beauty and the Beast is back!

Comment by Kate – January 23, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch OLTL wherever and whenever it airs. And I am one of many.

Comment by Christine – January 25, 2013 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi, thanks for sharing.

Comment by dog trainer – April 9, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love to share knowledge that I’ve built up with the calendar year to assist enhance group performance.

Comment by SEO – March 21, 2014 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post