Last Resort First Look: What's Sam Hiding from the Captain? Plus: Glam Sophie Makes Her Play!

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

Tonight marks the penultimate episode of ABC’s Last Resort, and as shown in this exclusive clip, XO Sam Kendall will conspire to conceal something from his captain before all is said and done.

Having spent much of last week’s episode mourning his wife Christine (who was abducted and he believes to be dead), Sam — still in pain — asks a dolled-up Sophie for a favor, to not share certain intel with Chaplin. The Frenchwoman in turn makes an overture to Sam, with regards to his, ahem, uncertain future. Too soon?

Loading video...

Tags:

Comments (10)

• Sophie making an early play doesn’t really bother me. I’ve always preferred Veronica over Betty.

Comment by The Kaibosh – January 17, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I had my doubts that it could be done gracefully, but after her “I’m French, and we don’t mind messy” speech last week, I’m on board. Considering how the entire timetable has been accelerated to cram everything in before the end of the series, this isn’t the plotline I’m worried about feeling rushed.
      What WILL feel rushed, of course, is if they try to have Sam and Sophie start something up and then have Christine reappear. That clearly would have been the game plan if the series had gone longer, but I’m not sure there’s still time.

Comment by wordsmith – January 17, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is probably what’s going to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by tvafficionado – January 17, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam has way more chemistry with Sophie than with Christine, imo. But I did like both characters, which I hate because then I can’t root too hard for one over the other! Really really hate that this show is ending. :(

Comment by Katherine215 – January 17, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show needs more episodes! :(

Comment by kavyn – January 17, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Kyle – January 17, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was cancelled a while ago, but the producers were given enough time to write a satisfactory ending for episodes 12 and 13.

Comment by kavyn – January 17, 2013 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know that’s the story we all read here, but Kyle is right – the promo clearly said “season finale”. I wonder why ABC isn’t publicizing the end of the series. Also, how the heck are they going to wrap up the series in one more episode?

Comment by wordsmith – January 17, 2013 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this show getting cancelled? After the show, it said season finale. Not series finale….

Comment by Kyle – January 17, 2013 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC has made a BIG mistake pulling this show. The story lines were just heating up, with so many ways to go. This was tops on my cant miss line up. What a waste of a great show. ABC brass need to rethink this one and bring it back, please.

Comment by Thomas Pofahl – January 21, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post