Glee Scoop: Heather Morris Says Brittana Is Done; Plus: Who's Blaine's New 'Friend'?

404Ep404Sc24-4088Romance is in the air on Glee.

When TVLine visited the show’s set on Wednesday, McKinley High and Rachel and Kurt’s New York City loft were decked out with Valentine’s Day balloons and decorations. Read on to find out what the cast and executive producer Dante Di Loreto had to say about the big episode, as well as graduation part deux, who’s getting back together, who’s staying broken up and more.

PHOTOS | Glee Hot Shots: New Directions Gets ‘Naked’!

HERE COMES THE BRIDE | Referring to the whiteboard in the choir room with W-word written on it, Di Loreto confirmed, “There is a wedding in the air. What is exciting about this show is there are certain things about that are undeniable. There are certain things that you could sit home and think, I really want this to happen.” While all signs point to Will and Emma being the couple heading down the aisle, the EP noted, “There are some things that are going to shock the heck out of you.”

RELATED | Is Heather Morris Leaving Glee?

KLAINE CLEARS THE AIR | While Darren Criss believes “it’s good to have some troubled water,” he’s hoping for a Blaine and Kurt reconcilation… eventually. “Of course I want to see them together in the end,” he said. Following the Q&A, the actor revealed that the former lovebirds, who got some closure during the Christmas outing, will “suss out” their relationship status. “The coming episodes address that uncertainty,” he added. “They’re trying to define what they are.” In the meantime, Kurt will get a new love interest in the form of Oliver Kieran-Jones as the head of NYADA’s glee club, Adam’s Apples. “I don’t know if Blaine necessarily knows about [him],” said Criss, who says Blaine “strikes [up] a new relationship, not a romantic relationship – or maybe it is – with somebody who’s already been around, who is now more involved in Blaine’s life. They’ve kind of taken a new step in their relationship.”

RELATED | Glee-ful Spoilers on Finchel, Santana, ‘An Unlikely Duo,’ a ‘Breakout Performance’ and ‘Naked’ Men

glee300BRITTANA NO MORE | Prepare yourself, Brittany/Santana lovers, because it doesn’t sound like the twosome will rekindle their romance anytime soon. “They’re friends, but they won’t get back together,” said Heather Morris. While the Cheerios were once in love and as close as can be, the actress thinks “it’s good that [Santana] moved on and gave me room to figure it out because I don’t think that they were great for each other. They’re best friends, but I think Sam gives her more room to just be herself. That’s a lot of fun. Santana was so serious for her that she really just couldn’t be weird.”

HERE TO STAY | Rachel’s NYC love interest, Brody, does not appear to be going anywhere. “We hope to keep [his portrayer Dean Geyer] around [on the show] for a while,” said Di Loreto. “We think he’s incredibly sexy. He sings and dances, as well. It’s a really interesting storyline. The show has blossomed creatively this year, being able to travel back and forth between New York and Lima. And we love having him here.” But perhaps not all hope is lost for Finchel lovers. After all, Di Loreto teased that “romance is going to play a part in [Finn’s] future.”

GRADUATION DAY: THE SEQUEL | As the end of Season 4 nears, so does the end of high school for seniors Tina, Artie, Brittany and Blaine. So where will they end up? “I wouldn’t be surprised if another cast member or a few other cast members find them[selves] in New York [next season],” said Di Loreto. “That story has yet to reveal itself, but it seems [like] one of those natural conclusions. They’re all going to different places, just like we all do in high school, and hopefully those are stories that we can blossom.” Morris has her own unexpected idea for where she’d like to see her alterego to end up: “I want her to go to jail,” she shared.. “I think it’d be the best story ever!”

1. Terri says:

I can’t believe what I just read. It’s pretty sad that the reason they want to keep Brody is because they “think he is incredibly sexy.” “He sings and dances as well.” Notice he didn’t say anything about acting. Did Di Loreto actually say that? Someone at Glee should be livid. At least pretend that he is an actor and that you hired him for another reason besides getting the teenagers all hot and bothered. Jeez.

2. Geez says:

I stopped watching Glee a while ago but REALLY HEATHER? That’s how you’re treating the storyline that brought you where you are now? That girl must be the stupidest person on Earth or else she’s trolling like a boss.

3. Julia says:

I don’t get why so many people are saying that Finchel and Klaine gets everything. If you don’t know they broke up just like Brittana. And there’s Brody and now Adam in the game. We are suffering as much as you do. And if the actors supports this ships isn’t fandoms fault. There’s no reason for hate.

• Camila says:

Watch again the entire season 3 and you will understand our frustration.

• Terri says:

I agree; they basically had not story until Yes/No…it was just West Side Story and Troubletones until after sectionals. The engagement caused a few episode focus for follow up. Klaine had some focus in a handful of episodes. Santana was the main focus of the front part of Season 3 with identity struggle/coming out and Troubletones etc. If any couple was ignored, it was Will and Emma.

4. Gypsy says:

I think that Santana needs to find herself without Brittany. However, Sam and Brittany are the worst couple ever, they don’t complement each other and their cute moments seem so fabricated. I wouldn’t take what Heather says very seriously.

5. para says:

Please Be over with High school already!!!!! Keep the core actors and send them to nyc, a couple of others can basically come guest star and Be done with OHIO!!!!!!! Mr. Sho can come to NYC to star in a offoff broadway show or something!!! Please done with the new kids!!! out of 5 of them I’m so shocked that not even one of them is likeable as Mike Chang in Season 1!!!!!!!!! btw, Mike Chang has like one like in entire season 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. guest says:

Wow, the Glee showrunners are really making Lea earn every penny they pay her if they keep this Brody guy around for a while rather than find somebody of her own caliber with whom she can interact in the NY side of the show. What a waste of screen time and Lea’s talent, imho.

• KC says:

When did Glee ever care about the acting abilities of it’s cast? I’m disappointed but not surprised in the least they are wasting Lea like that. It’s basically what happened to Chris ever since Darren joined the show (who’s a dud acting wise like Dean and just kept around because his fangirls thinks he’s “supermegafoxyawesomehot” or something).

7. christy says:

I’m excited to see Kurt in nyada, I’m also excited for Kurt/Blaine to grow as characters and hopefully a relationship in the future.

8. Tess says:

I think it would have been a lot more interesting for Dante to tell us all how they plan to stop the ratings from falling even more and how they plan to keep the few viewers that are still around. Because clearly the story they have been telling so far, be it breaking everyone up, or new LI etc aren’t cutting it. thier “revolutionary” season has done nothing but lose viewers especially in the demos they strive for. to the point that thier last episode before the break had more than 700,000 viewers trun the channel During the show!

most of thier new characters have failed to catch on, or worse, completely fail, ( Brody is the biggest dud of them all, it’s utterly laughable that Dante would say any of that with a straight face) they’ve wasted thier leads in pointless storylines, bad writing and worse none of them are singing!! we have to sit through endless Brittany and Blaine solos for no reason! seriously you know your show is crap when Heather is singing more than anyone. bad bad bad Glee. It’s interesting to note that Fox wouldn’t renew the show until May, well after the sweeps have finished and seeing as Glee has yet to maintain it’s audience, things don’t seem to be so gleefull.

9. oasis says:

Gosh dear Heather I know you are trolling with your comments, but honey you dont think the importance about brittana for teen lesbians (and all fandom because no all the brittana fans are lesbian in fact) maybe you could say the same in best way, but said ” I dont think that they were great for each other” is SOMETHING STUPID . You are done for me, from right now i ship santana and the new girl Kayla who seems appreciate Naya’s talent

• eclipse says:

that’s right I hope santana have an AMAZING storyline in New York and forget brittany. santana is so much better than sam HEATHER OPEN YPUR EYES

10. cath says:

brittana is the only reason why i watch glee. So yeah…bye glee. </3

11. Star says:

Ok, this is clear, Brody is the worst character I’ve ever seen on Glee, he can’t dance and less sing! And Dean, he is the same thing!

• Em says:

So you think Finn is a better dancer than Brody? lol. Also I don’t think Dean would have placed third on Australian Idol if he was a bad singer.

12. Sarah says:

Heather Morris says this about Brittana every chance she gets – she already did it after season 1, after season 2, even while they were together. In the past she was very firm that Brittany would end up with Artie, not Santana, “because that’s what the fans like”. So now of course she’s “confirming” that they won’t get back together because that’s not what she wants. I honestly think that Heather is just genuinely uncomfortable in shooting scenes with another woman (which partially explains the lack of physical contact between Brittany and Santana), and that she absolutely hates playing part of a lesbian couple, so she’s trying to sway people into not wanting them together. I wouldn’t take any of her comments seriously, in any context.

13. Fernanda says:

Maybe Blaine develops more deep feelings for his new pal, Sam. These two are the dream of every fan of a “boy and boy movie sexy fantasy” (I don’t want to write g*y p*rn).

Brochel is not an endgame, he is just only a boy toy for the new Rachel.

Right now, Finn is the heart of the show, Kurt and Rachel have their inside show spin off but they aren’t glee losers.

14. Camila says:

Ohh Heather… Wrong time to say things like that. Why don´t you waited until the Episode 12 to say that. You know how a fandom is. Now they will turn against you and start to point that you are not a good actress or singer, that you are a betrayer… I hate to say it but, Moron Heather!

15. Nah says:

Wow Heather i mean i never liked you or Brittana, but that was mean and heartless and stupid. Brittany and Bram are the worst couple i have ever seen in my life!

16. Nina says:

Of course, Sam is best for Brittany he made her eat, food from the ground, it is very romantic. And Santana did what? always called it genius, and never treated her like an idiot. Maybe Santana was wrong, Brittany is not a genius, is an animal and only Sam knows it.

17. Alf says:

Well, that was the final push I needed to stop watching. Thank you for setting me free Heather. Love you!

18. A says:

Wow, you shippers are just crazy obsessed. It’s like you actually believe these characters are like your friends and that they are real and your gonna go hang out with them at the movies or something.

• Jake says:

That’s not even the case… Somehow, millions of people are directly affected by these storylines…. And I’m not talking only about the couples…. They need to be careful, and not destroy something that was built for such a long time just because they feel this way… But Heather, she was extremely unfortunate and disrespectful with what she said.. If it’s true, let’s way and see… if it’s not, sounded like a terrible joke… Some shippers are crazy, yes, but most of them are respectful people, who were grateful to have a show that at a certain point was capable to make the world and their lives a little brighter… I am one of them…

19. Logan says:

The whole Bram thing was so manufactured. There was no development or backstory. The writers just decided to mash them together like a bad remix and make them a couple. Sorry, Glee, but I’m not buying it.

20. Milah says:

Now, I’ve never been an avid fan of glee, but I’ve always watched it, but I have watched the Brittana storyline, and I have always interpreted as Santana is a lesbian and loves(d) Brittany, but Brittany at the most was a bisexual, but I sometime interpreted as she just loved Santana and would not be with a women otherwise. So maybe they’re just deciding that Brittany will be straight and they will hook Santana up with another woman. The shows gone way downhill anyway, so if this effects ratings so be it.

21. Jake says:

I’m sorry, but something must be wrong.. The same Heather Morris who says now “I don’t think that they were great for each other”, said in interviews a while ago that Brittana was endgame, that they were actually perfect for eachother… So, what the hell is going on here? Are they reaaly going to end Brittana for good? This is ridiculous… I’m so angry and frustrated, because I feel like a huge fool.. I know that this is just a fictional show, but you have at least to respect your audience, to deliever a quality product, and for 3 seasons they made us believe in something that now according to Heather seemed like a big joke… Bram is the most idiotic relationship EVER on TV. They should have remained as friends… I’m curious to see how this big mess is going to end, but I’m going to wait for the end of this season to see if this development and the other stupid stories around are worth it… If there’s actually no more Brittana, as a couple and with a decent storyline, I’m done…. Naya said a few days ago: ” Brittana have this longing… About them, we never know”.. If she was lying about it, we’re going to find out, sooner or later….

22. Bry says:

I feel like Heather said that to make publicity because just like Naya she supported the Brittana fandom like crazy she wore a bracelet and talked about the future of Brittana for 3 seasons. Unless something happened with her and Naya I think it’s for publicity. If it’s not she’s a bitch.

23. Stephanie says:

I am just happy about anything that involves a GOOD storyline for Finn and the eventual reunion of Finchel. Also, when are they finally going to get rid of Dean? What a dead weight to the New York canvas.

24. Ana says:

Heather sounds like she doesn’t know her own character. Santana knows how naive and weird Brittany is and she not only loved her and understood her but also protected her. Here she’s making it sound like Santana was a deterrent in Brittany’s life. But Sam gets her???? Are you kidding me? The guy is a moron. He’s not good for Britt. Together they make the most disfunctional couple in the show. Whatever… All this time waiting for Santana to come back and to see.them back together when in reality this is just the Klaine show with the newbies as special guest stars. Everyone else is just a B player… Now I’m really frustrated…

25. Ana says:

I just read Heather’s last comment. She wants Brittany to go to jail???? This ain’t Lifetime television, honey. This is supposed to be a musical dramedy, not a bad reality show. Wow. So disappointed… Someone from Fox better coach her. Sounds like she’s as clueless as Brittany.

26. Char says:

Everyone knows the actors PR team tells them what to say in interviews, it’s all about the ratings, fans should learn not to listen to anyone on the show because everyone is saying different things, it’s just to cause an uproar, every have hope!

• Camila says:

She said she thought it was funny when Chord was teasing the Brittana fans. The entire interview pretty much says two things: Chord Overstreet likes to tease the fans and Heather doesn´t have a clue of what she became for the world (Brittana´s fanbase is mostly outside from US). She doesn´t know how to deal with her fame and importance.

27. Amy says:

Heather never liked playing gay, it’s painfully obvious. If it makes her happy, I’m glad she doesn’t have to anymore. Santana is WAAAAAAAAAY too good for Brittany anyway, I hope she gets a hot, smart girlfriend and never looks back.

28. Marco says:

I would LOVE to see Blaine and Tina in New York City! Maybe Kurt could move to Blaine’s! And Rachel could host Tina in a new, better apartment! Also, I thinks it’s time for Rachel and Kurt to find a job to pay their flat.

29. Em says:

I love Dean! It’s so refreshing to see Rachel with a guy that treats her well.

30. dude says:

Why are you all shocked? Heather has said time and time again that she doesn’t like filming romantic scenes with Naya Rivera. It makes her uncomfortable. Of course she’s happy they’re over.

31. Gerald says:

Broachel all the way!!! Finchel is dead and was never a good relationship. Smartest thing they did was break them up. Stay broken.

32. Helen says:

EVERYONE STOP ARGUING OR INSULTING OTHER SHIPS!!!! IT WON’T GET YOU ANYWHERE!!!!

• Leslie says:

THIS. EVERYONE STOP INSULTING THE ACTORS!!! THEY ARE JUST DOING THEIR JOBS TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITIES. STOP HATING THEM JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT YOUR CUP OF TEA. THEY ARE JUST AS AFRAID TO GET FIRED LIKE ANY WORKING PERSON!!!

• Steph says:

Hear hear! Thank you. And because you don’t like the characters, either. Or their character broke up your favorite characters’ (TV…not real world). I personally think the cast and crew of Glee do an excellent job and am surprisingly pleased as the 4th season has progressed (was less than happy at the beginning, but did not insult the performers). Patience is a virtue…as is courtesy.

33. Amy says:

I’ve never been a big Brittana fan, because I think Brittany is too childish for a serious relationship. I’m pretty much over Brittany as a character so I think they should write her off after this season and Santana can move on in NY.

34. Amy says:

There are only 1 or 2 people worth watching in Lima so can they just move them to NY and drop McKinley and it’s boring repetitive plots? I like the little we’ve seen of Rachel and Kurt in NY but they need to spend a lot more time bringing that half of the show to life since it’s much better than the high school setting where the new kids have no personality. Send a few more people there, expand the settings beyond their loft and the dance studio and give us a fresh new show set around Rachel, Kurt, and a couple others like Santana, Finn, and Artie chasing their dreams.

35. Wemma Fan says:

I’ve been pretty disappointed with Glee so far this season but I’m optimistic the rest of the season will be much better. That said, after the Seniors graduate this year, I really hope they keep the McKinley side for season 5. I have absolutly no interest in watching a NY only show when that side has been mostly repetitive all season imo. Plus, it would be a shame to get rid of the Newbies after spending all this time on them and getting us attached.

36. Erin says:

Glee would be renewed for a season 5 there wont be a cancelation for glee since Tina, Artie,Brittany and Blaine would be visting the glee club in season 5

37. july says:

Heather should be forbidden to give interviews, she sounds so ignoring argh

38. Claireys says:

I’d say Heather may have annoyed a few of the powers that be at Glee with her comments. Even if Brittana is over, its the last thing they want the fans to think – they want to give them hope so that they’ll keep watching. Also, we know they make the show up as they go along so I don’t see how Heather can say they’ll never get back together – unless she’s leaving the show next season and Naya’s staying, so they maybe feel its better to end it and start a totally fresh storyline for Santana. I can’t see them keeping Chord as a regular next season because Sam just isn’t an interesting character – maybe Bram will head off into the sunset, or both get jobs at Pardew – the chicken factory!

39. Kim says:

Heather Morris sounds like a tool everytime she opens her mouth. She should be counting her lucky stars that she has the success that she does, can’t act, can’t sing, and unfortunate looks.

40. Camila says:

Heather basically turned every Brittana shiper into a stupid. We were all fighting over the Internet for almost 3 years about Double Standards and we finally realize that she could be one of the reasons why there´s no PDA between Brittana. I mean, what´s the point of Brittana right now? When one of the actresses doesn´t feel comfortable with the couple, why we wasted so much time of our lifes defending this couple?
    Heather really needs learn to express herself in public.

41. Jay says:

LOL at all you idiots arguing over fandoms and Heathers comment..

42. Yuck says:

I’m really really disappointed at how my fellow Brittana fans are bashing HeMo just because she disagrees with your ship. Please, grow up!

43. Wait…Brittany stopped being weird while she was dating Santana? More like Brittany continued to say ridiculous things while Santana loved, supported, and even admired her in spite of everything. How is Sam better for her? All I’ve seen Brittany do since she started dating Sam is eat Cheerios off the floor, try to marry Sam, and spend thousands of dollars on end-of-the-world gifts for her friends. How is that BETTER?

• Camila says:

Heather wants to keep a dumb Brittany forever, but the character lost the “magic” since the end of season 2. I can´t stand Brittany anymore. It has a good side for what Heather said: I finally can concentrate only in Santana and stop with my stupid hopes for Brittana.

44. Camila says:

And Chord saying Bram is a comic relief… This couple is a waste of time! Brittany needs to grow up and the writers really need stop writing a dumb Sam.

45. Teur says:

I really do hope Heather is trolling, or maybe someone had her say Pro-Bram comments. That was quite an off-handed remark, because I don’t think Brittana was unhealthy whatsoever. I know both Ian Brennan and Naya commented they wouldn’t mind a spinoff show starring Brittana.

Brittany claimed she loves Santana more than she loves anyone else in this world. She was the reason Santana got that cheerleading scholarship. She constantly supported Santana, watching her sing, dancing with her, consoling her when she was upset. Santana threatened to hurt anyone who had a problem with her and Brittany’s relationship. She came out to her Abuela because she would rather admit her love for Brittany then let the ad run and hide or even deny everything.

I’m not trying to be anti-Bram, but I really don’t like what the writers are doing with this relationship. They really dumb-ed Sam down. He’s been through so much, he deserves a better storyline. I can’t even begin to explain how ludicrous this Bram relationship is. I believe they made wonderful friends. Sam comforted Brittany and made her laugh when she was down. Now, he fed her Cheerios of the floor and proposed to her, which I’m sure meant a lot because he didn’t try that on Quinn. And he definitely wasn’t completely in love and pining over Mercedes…

The writers need to get their mess together ASAP. Glee hasn’t been doing so well with publicly-vote awards. This show is starting to become the spawn of a train wreck and a circus. Good luck to everyone else.

46. Aussie boy says:

Being from Australia where dean geyer is yuu haven’t seen him in anything other then glee and that stupid dinosaur show he is talented the songs he is given dont show case his vocal range. I love glee but its always about rachell Finn Kurt blain Marley jake we hardly get to see Brittany or Tina sing I hate the fact that they always pick certain pll to sing every song plus Kitty is one of the worst characters ever

47. Anna says:

I think it’ll be nice for Santana to go out with a REAL LESBIAN too, someone who can really connect with and understand what she’s been through. I’m a massive Britanna fan and I’ll take back everything if they get back together…but, if they don’t then I’ll make peace with it by thinking that Santana is very angry at the world in general, and Brittany with her cookiness and all of her imagination is like the perfect escape for Santana. But maybe she can meet someone in New York who can show her the world and how great it is, rather than Brittany – who I think made for a very closed off relationship

48. Mariana says:

idk but i think that it would be better if quintanna were together that would be alot intresting:)

49. cuys says:

Whoa, heather morris is a little OTT negative abt Brittana, considering there are still fans, no need to be so harsh….correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t she pretty keen on Brittana not even one season ago??? I know she can’t downtalk her current pairing, but doesn’t mean she should downtalk her prior one so much!