Syfy's Alphas Cancelled After Two Seasons

Alphas Cancelled by SyfyIt looks like the Alphas won’t be waking from their Grand Central Station slumber.

Syfy has opted not to renew the series, which aired its Season 2 finale in October.

RELATED | Syfy Renews Haven for Season 4

“Unfortunately #Alphas is cancelled,” cast member Ryan Cartwright shared via Twitter on Wednesday.

Warren Christie and Azita Ghanizada confirmed the sad news, with the latter adding: “What an honor to get to play Rachel for 2 years & to work w/ & for the MOST AMAZING PEOPLE EVER.”

“Thanks for tuning in the last couple of years!” Christie told fans.

RELATED | Smallville‘s Laura Vandervoort Raises Hell in Haven Season Finale

A statement issued by the cabler reads: “Syfy has decided not to renew Alphas for a third season. We’ve been proud to present this entertaining, high-quality series for two seasons and to work with an incredible ensemble of talented actors, producers and creatives as well as our partners at BermanBraun Television. We’d like to thank the show’s dedicated regular viewers for their tremendous support.”

RELATED | Syfy Sets Premiere Date for New Defiance Drama

Revolving around a team of ordinary people with superhuman physical and mental abilities, Alphas also starred David Strathairn (as their team leader Dr. Rosen), Laura Mennell, Malik Yoba and Erin Way.

1. Cindy says:

I am sad. I have been sitting around waiting for season 3, now it is jut cancelled it was so good.

2. Christopher says:

Alphas will be miSsed!!.. I really loved season 1.. Season 2 wil only begin next week in south-Africa. And now I find out that the show is canceled |:<.. I don't even wane watch season 2 now.. It was the only show me and my mom could watch and bould a bond with…

Thanx for ruening my family syfy

3. Rith says:

Alphas is a great show and better than the reality crap! I was excitedly waiting for the show to return and found out it was cancelled. Who is making these idiotic decisions to cancel shows worth watching while leaving on the most boring shows!

4. Alan Gastrock says:

Wow, As has been said first Eureka then Alphas. You know the people that make these decisions need to grow a pair and allow a show to find it audience. At first I was not certain about watching Alphas as it seemed like a Poor Mans Heroes. I was wrong andit just kept getting better. I have watched SyFy before since the begining and have shared some great programs with my kids ( now also dissapointed fans) They also did away with SG Universe just when it was really hitting it’s stride. Anyway I have to rethink the next time I make a choice of Cable providers and fill out lengthy questionnaires regarding my likes and dislikes on the various networks. Oh and not to leave out do not mess with Warehouse or Haven.
    And really Wrestling !!!! I hope you can give Defiance a real shot.

5. Alan Gastrock says:

Sorry I forgot to mention that Lost Girl at first seemed like a bad idea. As it stands I watch it so let’s see the how long it takes them to mess it up and then cancel it. And why did they get rid of Sanctuary ? At least there was enough for a spin off.

6. Old sci-fi fan says:

I remember when sci-fi was full of twilight zone and other great unexplainable science fiction type shows. Now its becoming like the rest of these trash tv channels, thats full of reality t.v. most movies are garbage on syfy horrible graphics and terrible acting, and now a person finds something worth watching like alphas and it gets canceled? What to feel its slot with some crappy production or some two part movie with bad cg fx? I just dont know anymore. Syfy your loosing a fan

7. David says:

ALPHAS was a good show. So, SyFy seriously partakes the growing list of channels producing shows that revolve around producers masturbating their personality disorders with reality TV series. How quaint.

8. Amy says:

I hate you, Syfy! I am not going to watch any more Syfy shows. I am tired of being left hanging!

9. Damien says:

Here is an idea.. For each of you who left a post on here about Alpha’s get a petition have everyone in your home town sign it hell even put it on fb if need be get around a million signatures each then send it into a major network like NBC ABC etc with enough voices heard they could be persuaded to pick up the show

10. Aimee says:

I, too, am truly devastated! I have been waiting patiently through all of the SH*T shows SyFy has been playing through the winter. A few minor exceptions have been keeping me entertained like Being Human and Continuum. There IS too much reality crap…WTF is wrestling on your network? Seriously? Now, the summer is shot. Hell, if the fans start a fund, let me know, I’ll throw, $100.00 to help make the series finale movie, even if you POS don’t feel you need closure, the fans who supported you for two seasons sure as hell deserve it!

11. imani says:

Loved this show. The only syfy shows I liked was alphas, being human & warehouse 13….they better not cx being human! I Love aidan!

12. syfy bring back this show for sheldon plz

13. NaTasha says:

I feel that if they’re going cancel it that they should tell us what would have happened next

14. Bradley Fortner says:

I hate to say this, but I kind of have to blame Summer Glau for this. That woman is cursed. If she’s in it, it’s gonna end before it’s time. For example: Firefly, The 4400, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Dollhouse, and now Alphas too. Come on TV people, if you need a pretty girl to play a nut-job, I’m sure you can find one who won’t curse your show.

15. X-man says:

Great job who’s ever idea it was! Sheldon and Myself now are both pissed. why do you cancel the great shows!

16. John says:

why do they keep cancelling good shows?? I can’t imagine watching another season of ghost stories that show lights as “spirits” running around. Bring alphas back!

17. Red says:

ScyFy-you are garbage. So sad you decided to do away with a quality show. Please don’t be like our U.S. Congress-listen to your people and keep “Alphas” going.

18. Ashlee Princevalli says:

Omg! Alphas is like my favorite show in the world. I got like everyone I know to start watching it. And I was counting down the days until I could find out what happened to all those amazing characters. That is a terrible way to just cancel a show. And a very very good one such as alphas! No more Gary::/

19. Nely says:

Augh come on SyFy bring back the show I had just told my family about it and then you go and cancelled it! >_< if you wanna take something off take off wrestling that has nothing to do with sci fi! Now the only thing I watch in SyFy is been human … any other show I just change the channel!

20. Janet Lippis says:

My son and I just discovered this TV gem on Netflix and absolutely loved it! I just checked about the next new season, only to find it was cancelled. How sad! This was an extremely well-acted show w/awesome characters/actors. It’s a shame a network has to cancel TV shows that play to more than just the 6th grade educated viewers. This was quality work that was not ‘dumbed-down’ and 100% better than any of the movies SyFy airs! I may have to delete this channel.

21. Angry Viewer says:

A lot of people are disappointed, well, fans are. They could’ve at least had a better ending! Everyone is dead? Or what? Season 3 could’ve been the last season. If they wanted it to be. I don’t like the ending. Very stupid to leave an audience like that. I am disappointed.

22. Pebbles says:

Loved this show. I will never understand TV executives that make such horrible decisions. Firefly (I know it wasn’t SyFy, but still a horrible decisions by the powers that be) … Eurika… Alphas… I just don’t get their thought processes. They take a great show that works, and either change it for the worse or cancel it. Why not leave the formula alone. Good show, fans like it, each episode moves it forward in story and in viewership… leave it be. You may all be old white rich men, but that doesn’t mean you know good sci-fi. I’ll definitely be avoiding SyFy from now on. Another bad decision, another lost viewer…

23. Josh says:

I absolutely loved Alphas! I really never watched sy fy until I seen the 2nd season of alphas then I watched it all the time. Guess its time to abandon sy fy once again!

24. Jack says:

This is some bs ! Syfy is a pos

25. Kaylee tweedie says:

Please please put alphas back on it has been my favorite show

26. Jeff says:

Cancelling Alphas makes me not want to watch SyFy shows anymore. They get you interested, then cancel the show. What’s the point of even watching in the first place? Same thing with Dresden Files. No more SyFy channel for me!

27. Teri says:

I am so disappointed with syfy. Why was Alphas cancelled? It was such a good tv show. I looked forward to watching it when it came on. Why is it that all the good ones cancelled and all the blood guts and gore,or the stupid ones r left on? This was so different from the rest of the shows. Love Gary, Rosen. Why is it that u always leave us hanging with the cliff hangers. I am really sick of that, irritates me to no end!

28. Kim Doering says:

If you don’t want to continue Alphas, sell it to Netflix!! Let them make it an original series, please. There is sooooo much crap on TV *cough, reality tv* it was wonderful to see a show like Alphas (and Eureka!!!). Oh, would you PLEASE give Netflix the next season on Warehouse 13, please, please, please!!!

29. Ben Chapman says:

Just when I began to think they finally made a series that kept me interested they canceled it, big mistake i loved ALPHAS my only hope is one day they bring it back. =(

30. Adam says:

I agree with majority at end of day u just don’t want to get attatched or they make me shows to look like they’re going to me hardcore battle with always about alien or the invader or futuristic whatever !!! but within 3 weeks it changes to the story of the people and then relationships then it becomes neighbours with a little sci fi they are always say when there is a wedding in a show or a baby be ratings are bad but scifi just cut it off with no warning bloody cut it out !!!

31. noack says:

I am disapointed that again a good show ,got canceld .I liked Alphas very much..

32. mits says:

Sheesh… really loved alphas… pffft!

33. tess says:

Really, really sux! Was looking foward to the next season… i’m frakken mad!!!

34. Kin says:

That freaking sucks I watched this on netflix and I loved it. And now its cancelled.

35. Kat says:

I only got cable for the Sci-fi channel. When they changed the name, I didn’t like it, but I thought, ‘It’s only a name, right?’
    Wrong!
    They did something horrible to the network. These people who took over know nothing about sci-fi. After they canceled Alphas, that was the last show they are going to rip out from under me. I canceled cable and I’m going to stick with Netflix from now on. At least then I’ll know where the show is going and the comments will tell me if the show was left hanging before it starts.
    Boo on you SyFi!

36. Miguel says:

I just finished watching the last episode on Netflix And “Alphas” was an amazing show, its a bummer that they stopped making new episodes :/

37. pat easter says:

this is truly distressing, this is one of the few well-thought out programs you have run in a long time. “Alpha’s” had a great cast, good programming and a strong series timeline, why would you stop on that note.

38. Jessica Lynn says:

i actually found alphas via netflix and fell in love with it right away and was so so so sad to read i only have the rest of season two to enjoy :/ i dont know what im going to do without Gary in my life anymore!!! :'(

39. should at least make a two hr movie to ties things up and say good by I am not going to watch any more of syfy because of this very thing!

40. Aaron says:

Ah syfy yet another amazing and perfect television show you have destroyed… I guess you guys have something against great entertainment. But sharknado oh yeah that deserves to be aired, do us a favour and don’t get involved with another production company with a good idea you’ll only cancel it and annoy the fans…..

41. Jasmine says:

come on bring it back on i need to know all the same characters Please ugh this stinks

42. Jasmine says: