TNT Greenlights Private Eye Series Starring Jon Tenney and Rebecca Romijn

"King & Maxwell" - Pilot - Sc. 43 Ted BerginÕs funeral# 1 Jon Tenney as Sean King # 2 Rebecca Romijn as Michelle MaxwellTNT has given a series order to an untitled private eye drama — starring Jon Tenney (The Closer) and Rebecca Romijn (X-Men) — from NCIS: Los Angeles executive producer Shane Brennan.

VIDEO | Southland Exclusive: Lydia Returns to Work, Cooper Lays Down the Law

Based on author David Baldacci’s characters, the show features Tenney and Romijn as Sean King and Michelle Maxwell, a pair of former Secret Service agents-turned-private investigators. Their unique skill set and chemistry gives them an advantage over suspects and conventional law enforcement.

The cast also includes Michael O’Keefe (Michael Clayton) and Chris Butler (The Good Wife) as two FBI agents who sometimes cross paths with the duo, and Ryan Hurst (Sons of Anarchy) as a savant who helps King and Maxwell solve cases.

The series, which has been picked up for 10 episodes, is slated to debut this summer.

Brennan wrote the pilot; he and Grant Anderson (Third Watch) will serve as exec producers, with Baladacci acting as a consultant.

1. Shane Brennan? Jon Tenney? I’m SO there!

2. Lorie says:

The Closer made me a big fan of Jon’s. I’ll def tune in!

3. Mark says:

What about her role on NTSF:SD:SUV?

4. Liana in San Diego says:

Instead of a new show they should have found a way to maintain Leverage, one of the most clever shows in a long time. Naturally, it made one think, so the powers that be, with their pea brains, chose to cancel it. Idiots. While I like Jon Tenney, this sounds like rehashed pap to me, and I will not likely watch it.

5. david says:

the books are great. i wish we had a promo

6. Oh yeah. I wanted more Jon Tenney and it seems that Major Crimes was not going to finagle using him more. Thank you TNT for this; but what about my Leverage peeps??

7. Alienate says:

I loved the books and this seems like excellent casting. Unlike Tom Cruise trying to be Jack Reacher.

8. Jared says:

Love Rebecca Romijn. Happy to see her back on TV.

9. Alex says:

Excellent! I love both Jon and Rebecca. It’ll be great to see them both!

10. GeekGirl13 says:

The casting for this has me so very excited. I’d follow Hurst and/or Tenney just about anywhere.

11. tmueller724@gmail.com says:

I like Rebecca Romijn, but I have read all of the books and she just does not fit what I have pictured. When TNT decided to create Rizzoli and Isles, those actors fit the idea of what the author created. Can you really see Romijn being an olympian? For rowing?? Being SO in shape she can take out a guy three times her size? Tenney fits the idea of Sean King.

12. gemini52 says:

Glad to see two good actors get a chance to be the stars of their own series. I really enjoy TNT shows and think this will probably be another great one. I wonder why TNT is not promoting the show if it’s going to debut in the summer?

13. Barbara says:

Loved Jon on The Closer and am really looking forward to his new show. Already set it to record!!!