First Look Video: On TNT's Monday Mornings, 'Knives Are Drawn' as Doctors Face the Music

Get More: Exclusive, First Look

Whereas many a standard-issue medical drama presents doctors as largely infallible heroes, TNT’s Monday Mornings — executive-produced by David E. Kelley and neurosurgeon/CNN correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta, M.D. (on whose book the series is based) – spends more time on holding them accountable when things don’t go quite right or, worse, horribly wrong.

RELATED | What’s New on TV? Your Guide to Monday Mornings, Boston’s Finest and 16 Other Shows

In this exclusive video, Alfred Molina (Frida), Jamie Bamber (Battlestar Galactica), Ving Rhames (Pulp Fiction), Jennifer Finnigan (Close to Home) and other cast members tee up the series (premiering Monday, Feb. 4 at 10/9c), intercut with scenes from the intense M&M (Morbidity & Mortality) post mortem pow-wows held in the dreaded Room 311 of the show’s Chelsea General hospital.

Molina’s Dr. Harding Hooten, the Chief of Staff, leads these debriefings, where surgical stars are oft brought back down to earth by their shortcomings.

Bill Irwin (CSI), Keong Sim (Glee), Sarayu Rao (NCIS: Los Angeles) and Emily Swallow (Southland) round out the ensemble. Will you be watching? Read our First Impression of the freshman drama.

Loading video...

Comments (15)

• I’ll check this out based on the cast alone!

Comment by Gwen – January 15, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am all about this show.

Comment by the girl – January 15, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait

Comment by intelliwoman – January 15, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm not sure about this. Could be a big downer. Will try pilot at least though.

Comment by Danielle H. – January 15, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited about this show, too, but don’t tell us we’ve never been here before. ER had several very compelling storylines where the doctors had to go before M&M.

Comment by meem – January 15, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right, like once every seventh sweeps period. This show does it every week, though.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 15, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good Lord, why does everything have to be on Monday night?!?!?! Fortunately this is on TNT and they will replay it a couple of times late in the evening so I can DVR.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 15, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks good but ‘we’ve never been here before?’ ummm ever hear of ER, Scrubs, or Grey’s Anatomy? all have episodes that had to do with doctors going before a M&M.

Comment by Adam Benson – January 15, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You had me at Jamie Bamber.

Comment by Amiee – January 15, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here! I’ll follow Jamie to any show, any channel, any time.

Comment by Lorie – January 15, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they plan on this series running for several years those doctors are going to have to make a LOT of mistakes. Doesn’t sound like a hospital I’d want to go to.

Comment by Jackson – January 15, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • :)) On the other hand, you may want to check it out, since these doctors review their procedures constantly as opposed to others who refuse to admit their mistakes, and even support each other to avoid malpractice suits and higher premiums.

Comment by Quantex – January 19, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will check it out with some reservations. Most of the cast is outstanding and the clips look very dramatic and well acted, but I can’t buy Ving Rhames in a dramatic role so I will be struggling with that. Still, TNT is my fave cable channel so I will give it a try. However, I will have to DVR it since it’s on at the same time as Castle.

Comment by Ana – January 15, 2013 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like too much of a downer, and too harsh. I will watch the first episode, but it will have to convince me if I am to continue.

Comment by MaryAnn – January 15, 2013 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a great show. I love it. People need to watch it. I don’t know why it got a mediocre review.

Comment by ee – March 2, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post