Glee Hot Shots: New Directions Gets 'Naked'!

What’s a cash-strapped Glee club to do to raise money for Regionals? Strip down, of course!

We’ve got your first look as the barely clad boys of New Directions pose for a calendar in the Jan. 31 episode, “Naked” (airing at 9/8c on Fox).

RELATED | Glee-ful Spoilers on Finchel, Santana, ‘An Unlikely Duo,’ a ‘Breakout Performance’ and ‘Naked’ Men

“It’s very much about the boys getting buff and tanned and bronzed,” Becca Tobin teased to TVLine. “Chord [Overstreet, as Sam] really spearheads the ‘beefcake’ number, and it’s pretty hilarious.”

Meanwhile, Rachel gets cast in a student film. (If the title of this episode is an overarching theme, then we’re a little dubious of the project.)

Check out the gallery below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Jonny says:

Can someone please explain to me how they’re going to explain away Joe Larson’s very adult (and sexy) body?

Because you know, tattooed high schoolers are all the rage.

…. and for a moment, I forgot what show I was talking about. Nevermind.

• What generation are you from? A lot of high schoolers have tattoos. I graduated from high school in 2009 and even then, a lot of them had ink.

• Midori004 says:

First thing I thought too. Very hot, but tattoos are not an in thing in most high schools unless that school is failing and everyone is over 18.

• snowballx350 says:

LMAO!!! How old are you?!?!? A LOT of high school students have tattoos! Like what even is your comment?!…Girl bye! lmao

• Ugh says:

In Jonny’s defense, despite the few exceptions (myself when I was 18), the vast majority of high schoolers in America do NOT have tattoos.

2. CK says:

Ummm…. Regionals????

• Kevin says:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!!!!!

• Yeah that’s what I thought. They really blew that “our season is over” thing out of proportion. I was hoping that they’d do something different and creative with the second-half of their season but I guess instead, someone is going to rush into glee club with a rule book and frantically announce that the rules state they can compete OR the Warblers will get DQ’d.

3. hlots11 says:

Does this mean New Directions finally remembered they didn’t actually have to compete in Sectionals since they were National Champs (like Vocal Adrenaline the year before)?

• Randy says:

I agree. New Directions will finally remember that are national champs and did not need to win sectionals. While they are at it, can they remember April Rhodes paid for the theater so they have first right to it. Not 5 minute rehearsals at midnight. I swear Ryan Murphy will be the death of his own show. Next he will make Kurt straight and he will fight his brother for Rachel. #BringBackSantanaAndQuinn

4. Goldie says:

I love that Kurt has 2 little blue characters in his car if or the game.. I’m sure it’s he and Blaine taking a little road trip

5. Beth says:

I just threw up.

6. Sarcasm says:

I like how the handicapped dude and the non-passing gay dude continue to get overlooked in these bro storylines. Glee is so inclusive!

• cm23 says:

Non-passing gay dude? Are you talking about Blaine? He looks like he’s right in the middle of that storyline, so I don’t know why you’re complaining. Does suck about Artie, though.

• Gretchen says:

Kurt’s in New York, so I think it would be hard to include him in this storyline.

7. cm23 says:

I know the focus is supposed to be on Blake in #4, but I can’t take my eyes off Sam’s ass.

8. shump says:

Since when are swimsuits considered naked?

9. Andrea says:

How are they going Regionals again…..?

10. Isistelle says:

Why are you all talking about Regionals? This is about the Men of McKinley sexy calendar. But they do go to Regionals because of a cheating story with Warblers

11. Sheribomb says:

Artie is in this storyline. He is in one pic, in a robe, like Blaine. Look at ALL the pics. And Unique, unlike Kurt, would want to be in a female version. Showing cleavage. Could be that the parents prevented it, though. Sam’s idea? Britt taking the pics? Tina sitting in, getting her kicks from ogling? She’s still crushing on Blaine. Who is taking some convincing, it seems, from Sam, to take that robe off. And is Sam showing him a cross? Oh, wow. Is Sam using religion to justify the calendar’s naked men images, or Blaine being marketed as “straight?” Or both?

12. SCN - Once watched Glee for Finn's storylines, know better now... says:

Nothing sums up post-season one Glee better than a ‘Naked Men Calendar': trashy, superficial, air-headed.

13. Sheribomb says:

AAnd I looked again…Sam has a whistle. Going back to the Warblers Sectional song, how does THIS scene between the two play out? And he is blowing it, in his calendar pic. Okay, maybe he ISN’T Blaine’s crush, but I’m just saying…And Rachel looks like she’s alone in her car. And Kurt still wants a shared future (with Blaine, most likely, although he’s got a fall-back plan, maybe…), while Rachel seems alone in her little car. This Diva needs her space, and she will argue with Kurt that he does, too, no ties, just “living fully (sex) as artists” leading to Kurt’s melancholy voice-over in 4.13, mirroring Blaine’s facebook random cheating moment. Murphy conspiciously tweeted both images, with the same dark color tones, tieing them together, since most of Glee is very bright-colored, like a cartoon. This must lead to the Diva-off between Rachel and Kurt, in Diva. And set up the New York arc of the mass insanity of the Wemma wedding, Valentine’s, and Regionals, with major cliff-hangers before the next three-week break.

14. snowballx350 says:

Can Jake/Ryder happen already? TY RYan Murphy. LOL

15. SusieQ says:

Almost missed this- not linked to Glee in any manor.